When one considers the specific definition of the term, the answer is quite clear: a sandwich is what a hot dog really is. It is a split roll that has one or more fillings in the middle.
What’s in a hot dog?
- ″Hot dogs may be produced with a variety of meats, and if you want to know what’s in a hot dog, all you have to do is look at the ingredient statement,″ says Dr.
- ″Hot dogs are often served with mustard and relish.″ The vast majority of the time, hot dogs are prepared using skeletal meat, which refers to the trimmings that are taken from the same cut of meat that is used to prepare ground beef, steaks, and roasts.
Is a hot dog a taco or a sandwich?
- It is safe to say that a hot dog is not a taco because the definition of a taco refers specifically to the Mexican dish consisting of filled corn or flour tortillas, but things get a little murky when it comes to sandwiches.
- A taco is specifically defined as the dish consisting of filled corn or flour tortillas.
- The definition of a sandwich provided by Merriam-Webster states that it consists of ″two or more slices of bread or a split roll having a filling in between.″
What’s the best way to eat a hot dog?
- He claims that the most delicious way to eat a hot dog is on a potato bun with mustard, sauerkraut, and onions; nevertheless, the beauty of the hot dog is that it may be eaten in any way that you like, even if it means destroying it with ketchup.
- The great sandwich issue is not going to be resolved any time soon, or maybe even ever, but the position of the hot dog in the annals of history is not up for question.
What should be on the label of a hot dog?
- Casings or a thin skin can be found on several varieties of hot dogs.
- On the label, it must be specified if the species of the hot dog casing is distinct from the species of the hot dog itself.
- If a turkey hot dog has a casing made of pork, for instance, the label must state that the product contains pork somewhere on the list of ingredients.
- If the casing has a color added to it artificially, the label is required to state this as well.