Microwave for thirty seconds at the maximum power setting (or 45 seconds for a small microwave or 20 seconds for a powerful microwave). Carefully open the door and check to see if the hot dog has been heated all the way through before proceeding. Repeat in intervals of 20 seconds until the hot dog is cooked to your satisfaction.
How do you cook a hot dog in a microwave?
- 1 Although this step is not required, we strongly suggest that you do it.
- Make a hole in the top of the hot dog with the point of a knife or a fork.
- 2 Wrap the hot dog in the paper towel, then set it on a dish that is safe to heat in the microwave.
- 3 Place the hot dog in the microwave for one minute while you set the temperature on your microwave to a high setting.
- 4 Remove the hot dog from the microwave with caution, then remove its wrapping.
How long does it take to cook a hot dog?
If the wattage of your microwave is higher, you should cook food for a shorter amount of time (and vice versa for lower wattage units). Please check this link if you are unclear about the wattage of your microwave. Approximately forty seconds for one hot dog Two hot dogs: around one minute to one minute and fifteen seconds
What happens when you cook a hot dog?
Keep in mind that your hot dog already has been cooked, so when you ″cook″ it, all you are really doing is raising the internal temperature of the hot dog, which causes it to become plumper and more juicy as a result of the increase. Is it safe to reheat a frozen hot dog in the microwave?
How do you cook a hot dog without it falling apart?
When the hot dogs are covered with a second layer of paper towel, the moisture that is held adjacent to them as they cook is retained, which results in a hot dog that is plump and juicy. If you decide to roll your hot dog, be sure to tuck the ends of the towel under so that it doesn’t unroll while it’s being cooked. Turn the dial to HIGH.