Usually chicken salad is half chicken meat and half add-ins, celery, mayo, parsley, grapes or nuts, etc. 1 pound of salad=1/2 pound or 1 cup meat plus add ins and makes about 8 sandwiches, 10 if the croissants are mini.
How much chicken salad filling do I need for a sandwich?
- Chicken Salad Sandwich Filling-. Mix well, add additional dressing as needed to make it spread easily. Spread on well-buttered bread allowing about 2 ounces per sandwich. A 16 to 20 ounce sandwich loaf will make 9 full size sandwiches or cut into 36 tea sandwiches. Yield: Filling for 40 full size sandwiches.
How many will a pound of chicken salad feed?
Chicken Salad by the Pound Serves 4-5 people per pound, price per pound and includes crackers with option to add croissants.
Can I make finger sandwiches the day before?
Most sandwiches can be prepared up to a day ahead, and refrigerated in an airtight container. To prevent the bread from drying out, cover the sandwiches with a sheet of wax paper and a damp paper towel. Uncover sandwiches just before serving.
Can you make sandwiches the night before a party?
Ideally, you should aim to make your sandwiches as close to the day of your party as possible for the best flavor and freshness. I recommend making your sandwiches no more than 48hrs in advance for the best flavor come party time.
How do you keep your finger sandwiches from getting soggy?
Spread with Butter or Margarine Also, the spreading and assembling of the sandwiches ensure that they do not get soggy, which is crucial when storing the sandwiches through the night.
How many sandwiches will 2 pounds of chicken salad make?
How many sandwiches does a pound of chicken salad make? It truly depends on how packed you like the croissants, but this recipe makes about 8 large croissant sandwiches.
How many ounces is a chicken salad sandwich?
When making chicken salad sandwiches, plan on 6 to 8 ounces per person. And when serving the chicken salad on a bed of salad greens along with other sides, plan on 10 to 12 ounces per person.
Can you freeze finger sandwiches?
The good news is, finger sandwiches can be frozen ahead, picking which ones is key. “There are several sandwiches you can freeze ahead for your tea party, but you must select your fillings carefully. Egg, mayonnaise or salad dressing-based fillings CAN NOT be frozen successfully.”
Does tin foil keep sandwiches fresh?
Tinfoil is great for keeping your sandwich from drying out, and it’s also good for keeping warm sandwiches warm. One drawback to using tinfoil is that it can react with acidic foods (such as tomatoes) to create an unappetizing—but harmless—blue residue.
What is the best bread to use for finger sandwiches?
What is the best bread to use for tea sandwiches? Most of the fillings call for a soft white bread, while stronger flavors like smoked salmon pair nicely with a stronger bread like pumpernickel. Whole wheat bread is perfectly acceptable but the main thing is to use fresh bread, nothing approaching stale.
How do you keep chicken salad sandwiches fresh?
Store the finger sandwiches in a large tupperware container. Another tip is to place a paper towel on top of a layer of cut finger sandwiches and then cover with a piece of parchment paper. This will help keep moisture to a minimum and the bread will remain fresh.
What are the most popular sandwich fillings?
Five of the most popular sandwich fillings for everyday occasions:
- Ham and cheese.
- Ham salad.
- Cheese and onion.
- Egg mayonnaise.
How do you pack sandwiches in a cooler?
Wrap it up When it comes to protecting your sandwich, its wrapping is just as important as its construction. Instead of just throwing your sandwich into a plastic bag, think about creating a better barrier from the moisture of those ice packs in your cooler.
How do you store finger sandwiches?
To make sandwiches ahead of time, assemble sandwiches the night before and loosely cover them with wax paper then a damp paper towel in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This will keep the sandwiches fresh overnight without drying out the bread.
Finger Sandwiches – The Easiest Party Food with endless Possibilities
Finger sandwiches may be made with any sandwich filling or spread and are always a hit with the crowd. You won’t go wrong if you serve these tried-and-true favorites to your guests. So delicate, so light, and yet so refined. Despite this, you are free to consume them as much as you like. wonderful for everybody and everyone! Finger Sandwiches with a Twist: More Recipes Popular Sandwich Recipes for a Get-Together Buffet
All About Finger Sandwiches
These delightful snacks, which are also known as tea sandwiches, miniature sandwiches, or little sandwiches, are simple to prepare, serve, and devour.
- Plan on around 3-4 finger sandwiches per person if serving a buffet-style meal. While shopping for sliced bread, look for a loaf that is thin and broad in width. Bread will be simpler to slice into fingers as a result of this.
- Plan on around 3-4 finger sandwiches per person on a buffet-style menu. Make sure to buy sliced bread that is thin and broad while shopping. Because of this, slicing bread into fingers will be less difficult
- Do not overfill the pastry
- Instead, distribute the contents all the way to the edge. Chop fillings such as chicken or beef into tiny bits to ensure that the mixture sticks together well. Taking the crusts off the bread gives for a more attractive display. After combining the components, cut the crusts. Using strong, dark bread or rolls, make little “open-faced” finger sandwiches for your guests.
Plans Should Be Made Ahead of Time
- Moisture-rich fillings such as chicken or tuna salad can be made up to 2 days ahead of time. Make certain that the filling is not too wet. Make the sandwiches a day ahead of time
- Sandwiches should be made without removing the crust or cutting into fingers. Store in a container made of plastic or glass. Between each layer of the sandwiches, place sheets of wax paper or dry paper towels to prevent them from sticking together. Sandwiches can be prepared up to 2 hours ahead of time. Maintain a cool environment. Up to 1 hour ahead of time, you can prepare sandwiches using ingredients such as lettuce, cucumber, and tomato
- Sandwiches are better when served at a temperature that is somewhat colder than room temperature.
Finger Sandwiches with a Twist: More Recipes
Finger Sandwich Recipes
Finger Sandwiches with Roasted Beef and Horseradish This recipe makes 30 finger sandwiches. 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (optional) 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce that has been made white, whole wheat, or brown bread, or a combination of white, whole wheat, and brown bread roast beef, thinly cut, 1/3 of a pound 3 tablespoons melted butter, preferably room temperature Combine the mayonnaise and horseradish in a small bowl. 5 pieces of bread should be spread with the horseradish-mayonnaise combination.
Spread a small layer of butter on the remaining bread pieces and place the meat on top, buttered side down.
Each sandwich should be divided in half, then each half should be cut into three equal fingers.
Omit the horseradish sauce as an alternative.
6 flour tortillas (about 6-inches in diameter) 1 8-ounce jar of softened cream cheese with pineapple 1/4 cup toasted pecans, finely chopped 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice (ground or ground) 1 package thinly sliced ham (approximately 6 ounces) (about 18 slices) Arugula leaves are a kind of lettuce (optional) Combine the cream cheese, nuts, and spice in a small mixing basin.
- Spread equal portions of the cream cheese mixture over the tortilla, spreading it to within 1/2 inch of the edge of the tortilla.
- If you’re using arugula, sprinkle a few leaves on top.
- To serve, remove the plastic wrap and cut the wraps in half.
- minced or thoroughly chopped 1/2 tablespoon parsley 1/4 cup or more mayonnaise is recommended.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shrimp, shallots, lemon juice, parsley, mayonnaise, and spices.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Add the remaining bread pieces on top.
Remove crusts off the dish with a sharp knife.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This recipe makes around 25 tiny hamburgers.
Also, thinly sliced baguettes are a good option.
Gently incorporate the meat, onion, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl until well blended.
Each ball should be flattened and shaped into burgers; gently press your thumb into the center of each burger to create an indentation (this will prevent burger from misshaping during cooking) Place on a baking sheet with a rim and bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until golden and firm.
Place the burger on the bottom half of the bun.
For buffet serving, toothpicks can be used to hold the pieces together.
Prepare Ahead of Time Burgers can be formed up to 1 day ahead of time.
Uncooked burgers can be freezer for up to one month if they are made ahead of time.
TOPPINGSYou may put whatever you like on a standard burger, as long as it is not sliced thinly or split into little pieces: Mini gherkins that have been thinly sliced romaine lettuce leaves cut into thin ribbons onions, green onions, or garlic that has been coarsely chopped Tomato sauce, mustard, and mayonnaise are added in little amounts.
- The recipe may easily be doubled.
- Vegetables should be included.
- Drain any extra liquid, making sure that the veggies are completely dry.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste as necessary.
- Keep the dish at room temperature.
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast that has been cooked and diced finely (about 2 cups) (Packaged, pre-cooked chicken breast strips may be used in place of the raw chicken breast strips.) 1/2 tablespoon currants, or chopped golden raisins, if available 1/4 cup finely chopped onions (around 1/4 cup) 1 rib celery stalk, coarsely chopped 10-12 mini-croissant rolls (about) Dressing a half cup of basic yogurt 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (optional) to taste 2 tablespoons curry powder, or as desired 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- a half-tablespoon Dijon mustard is a kind of mustard that comes from France.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes after covering with plastic wrap.
- Croissants that have been split.
- For buffet serving, toothpicks can be used to hold the pieces together.
Variation: Sandwiches with chicken and pecan salad served on little croissants 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, coarsely diced finely chopped celery (about a third of a cup) a half cup of pecans, chopped finely a third of a cup of mayonnaise To taste, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Follow the above assembly instructions to make this delectable filling.
- Finger Sandwiches in the Mediterranean Style This recipe makes 30 finger sandwiches.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let aside for 1 hour.
- Using a spatula, spread hummus evenly across all 10 slices of bread.
- Season with pepper and cilantro or parsley, if desired.
- Using a serrated knife, cut off the crusts.
- Smoked Turkey Tea Sandwiches with Arugula are best served cold.
a third of a cup (packed) arugula leaves that have been roughly chopped 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped lemon peel (about 1/2 teaspoon shredded) 1 dozen thin slices of firm white sandwich bread, with the crusts removed 10 ounces smoked turkey breast, thinly sliced In a small mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chopped arugula, shallot, parsley, and lemon peel.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Make a thin layer of mayonnaise mixture on each slice, distributing it evenly.
- Using a diagonal slice, cut each sandwich into quarters.
- Hard-boiled eggs (36 total) 2 1 and a half cups mayonnaise 1/2 cup pickle relish (optional) Season with salt and freshly ground black or white pepper to taste.
- Combine the other ingredients and whisk them into the eggs.
- Sandwich Spread for a Hurry This recipe makes enough for 100 finger sandwiches, which may be prepared on sandwich bread and split into smaller pieces.
- 8 ounces of butter 14 cup half-and-half or light cream (optional) 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (or yellow mustard) 3 cups mayonnaise (optional) half-cup dill pickle relish or sweet pickle relish Lightly whip the butter on high speed until it becomes light and fluffy.
Pour in the cream and stir well. Fold in the remaining ingredients until everything is well-combined. Spread on meat or cheese sandwiches to make them more filling. Recommendations for Further Reading
Classic Chicken Salad Sandwiches
These traditional chicken salad sandwiches are excellent for picnics, brunches, and afternoon teas since they are light and satisfying. It is possible that this content contains affiliate links. For more information, please see mypolicies page. An old-fashioned chicken salad sandwich, in my opinion, is the ideal picnic food. Light but filling, sweet and flavorful, pillowy and crunchy in every bite, this dish is a must-try. Not to mention the fact that it’s extremely portable! Years have passed since I first made this dish, which I’ve since tweaked several times.
Franz Bakery had commissioned me to develop the original recipe, which is still available on their website.
Updated recipe and directions, as well as additional cooking techniques to assist you in making the BEST chicken salad sandwiches you’ve ever tasted!
This is a no-cook recipe, which means that you will not need to switch on the oven. Another reason is that it is a very simple meal for hot summer days! What you’ll need to create these sandwiches is as follows: The use of rotisserie chicken makes this meal extremely quick and simple. Simply cut the flesh from a rotisserie chicken purchased from a grocery shop into tiny pieces. You may also make your own chicken from scratch; the instructions for doing so are contained in the recipe card below.
- However, the garlic in this no-cook recipe has the potential to dominate the meal.
- Mayonnaise- I use a dairy-free (vegan) mayonnaise that I really like.
- Celery – Celery gives a wonderful crunch to the chicken salad and also helps to lighten it up.
- The sweetness that grapes provide to chicken salad is one of my favorites.
- Please ensure that the red onion is finely diced into little bits, unless you enjoy biting into large chunks of red onion.
- In this chicken salad, the tarragon provides a lovely deep, earthy herb that helps to balance out the rest of the tastes in the dish.
- Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- This chicken salad on whole wheat toast is one of my favorites.
To create the chicken salad, combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing basin and toss well.
Make certain that the mayonnaise and lemon juice are thoroughly mixed in with the remaining ingredients. Spread the mixture between two slices of bread and cut into slices to serve. It’s that simple!
Substitutions and Additions
In order to produce raw chicken instead of store-bought rotisserie chicken, follow these steps:
- Using uncooked chicken instead of store-bought rotisserie chicken will save time and money in the long run.
Some of my favorite additions are as follows:
- Cucumbers, chopped or sliced
- Thinly sliced radish
- Sliced or chopped hard-boiled eggs (this link will lead you to my favorite way for cooking hard-boiled eggs exactly every time! )
- Thinly sliced scallions
Ways to serve chicken salad
- Make tea sandwiches by combining the following ingredients: Reduce the amount of filling used, take off the crusts, and halve the pie
- Serve as party appetizers by combining the following ingredients: Fill each one with the same amount of filling as before, but remove the crusts and cut each one into quarters, inserting an appetizer toothpick in the center of each one. Packing for picnics should include the following items: Cut in half, then wrap in paper and twine for safekeeping
- Alternatively, serve as a whole sandwich for a simple, delectable lunch or dinner on a daily basis
What to serve with chicken salad sandwiches
- Broccoli in the Air Fryer
- Raspberry Crumble Bars
- Fruit Salad
- Summer Slaw
- Hummus Dip with pita chips
Is it possible to prepare the chicken from scratch rather than using store-bought rotisserie chicken? Absolutely! Use 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves or tenderloins to make this dish delicious. Add the chicken to a large stockpot of salted boiling water and bring to a boil. Reducing the heat to medium, bring the chicken to a low boil for 10-12 minutes, or until it is cooked through, is recommended. Remove the fish from the water and set it on a dish to cool. Cut the chicken into tiny pieces and lay it aside to cool for a few minutes while you gather and prepare the rest of the components.
- Adding too many cucumbers, grapes, or celery to your chicken salad sandwiches may result in soggy chicken salad sandwiches if the water level of the veggies is too high.
- Also, make sure that the proportion of these sorts of materials is kept to a minimum.
- The following steps should be followed for appropriate storage: – keep constructed chicken salad sandwiches in resealable plastic bags or airtight containers in the refrigerator for 1–2 days.
- Is it possible to freeze chicken salad?
- I would not advocate putting it in the freezer.
What wine pairs with chicken salad?
I recommend pairing these traditional chicken salad sandwiches with an ice sharp, unoaked or lightly oaked Oregon Chardonnay or an off-dry Riesling from the Willamette Valley.
Pasta Salad Recipes You Might Like
- The Filipino Macaroni Salad, the BLT Pasta Salad, the Tuna Pasta Salad, the Avocado Pasta Salad with Tomatoes and Corn are all delicious options.
- The Filipino Macaroni Salad, the BLT Pasta Salad, the Tuna Pasta Salad, the Avocado Pasta Salad with Tomatoes and Corn, and others are all delicious options.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped chicken, garlic, 12 cup mayonnaise, green apples, celery, red onion, tarragon, lemon zest, and lemon juice
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss the chicken into the mayonnaise mixture until it is thoroughly covered. Taste and season with salt and pepper to your liking. At this time, you may cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for up to four hours. Immediately before assembling the sandwiches, spread down 8 slices of Franz Bakery White Mountain Gluten Free Bread on a work surface. Then, equally spread the remaining 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise on each slice, using roughly 12 tablespoons per slice
- To finish, place a spoonful of the chicken salad mixture on top of four slices of bread. Place any of your favorite optional sandwich toppings on top of the chicken salad (we topped ours with radish microgreens, as seen above)
- The remaining pieces of bread should be placed on top of each. To serve like ordinary sandwiches, cut the sandwiches in half and place them on a plate. To make tea sandwiches, peel off the crust and split the sandwiches into halves or quarters before serving.
If you want to cook fresh chicken instead of buying store-bought rotisserie chicken, follow these steps:
- Instead of purchasing store-bought rotisserie chicken, you may create your own fresh chicken by following these steps.
The original version of this piece was published on March 24, 2017. It has been revised and relaunched on August 25, 2021 with all new photographs, an updated recipe, and a slew of fresh material to assist you in making the finest chicken salad sandwiches you’ve ever tasted.
Secret to Making The Best Chicken Salad Finger Sandwiches – Homemade Italian Cooking
Home»How to Make the Best Chicken Salad Finger Sandwiches»The Secret to Making the Best Chicken Salad Finger Sandwiches Using my newfound knowledge, I’ve figured out how to make the finest Chicken Salad Finger Sandwiches. Finger sandwiches are simply little sandwiches without a crust that are filled with a variety of contents. They are simple to put together and may be prepared ahead of time. For youngsters, quick lunches, and feminine get-togethers, these are excellent options. For a recent girls’ tea party, my sister Marisa brought a finger sandwich tray to pass around the table.
- It was a hit with all of the ladies!
- So here are some of my best-kept secrets for preparing delicious Chicken Salad Finger Sandwiches: Mango Chutney with Brioche Bread are a must-have!
- The Mango Chutney is utilized as a flavoring agent in the backdrop.
- The chutney lends a touch of sweetness and a hint of spice to this Chicken Salad, setting it unique from other traditional dishes.
- The use of a loaf of high-quality French Brioche bread is another excellent suggestion for making a fantastic finger sandwich.
- It also has a long shelf life.
- The usage of rotisserie white chicken flesh for the finest outcomes is still another secret.
It is currently available at the majority of supermarket stores as well.
The chicken salad will have a nicer texture if the chicken flesh is torn apart into little bite-size pieces with your hands before serving.
Along with the celery and green apples, I added mayo, sour cream, and a drizzle of mango chutney to make it a complete salad.
The method I learnt from my mother is to add a small coating of softened butter on the fresh bread pieces before baking them.
Remove the crusts off the sandwiches and then cut the crustless sandwiches into thirds or triangles.
Another suggestion is to place a sheet of parchment paper on top of a layer of cut finger sandwiches before covering with another piece of paper towel.
Then, repeat the paper towel-parchment layering process with a second layer of sandwiches.
The finger sandwiches will keep for 1-3 days in the refrigerator.
So now you are aware of the secrets: buttered Brioche bread, pulled rotisserie white chicken, Mango Chutney, and a layer of paper towels/parchment paper on top of the chicken before storing.
Adding some diced dried mango or dried sweetened cranberries to the mix will give it a sweet flavor boost.
Green grapes can be added for a burst of juice.
Yogurt can be used in place of sour cream.
If you’re going to prepare cucumber sandwiches, make sure you peel and seed the cucumber before you start cooking.
To make a delightfully delicate finger sandwich, layer cucumber slices and watercress on a piece of toasted bread.
Chicken Salad Finger Sandwiches are quick and simple to construct, and they may be made in advance.
With these suggestions, you may be more creative and experiment with other components.
Instead of sliced almonds, you can use chopped walnuts.
Green grapes can be added for a burst of juice. Turkey meat can be substituted for chicken flesh. Yogurt can be used in place of sour cream. There are a plethora of alternatives. Preparation time: 20 minutes Time allotted: 20 minutes Servings21sandwiches
- Miracle Whip mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream or yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Mango Chutney (or more if preferred)
- 1 cup sour cream or yogurt 12 cup sliced almonds or chopped walnuts
- 1 stick butter softened at room temperature
- 1 loaf Brioche bread cut into 14 slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups rotisserie chicken white meat pulled by hand into small pieces
- 3 celery sticks trimmed and diced small
- 1 green applecored and diced small
- In a small mixing dish, combine the mayonnaise and sour cream. Combine the mango chutney, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. If there are any large chunks of mango remaining, dice them and add them back to the mixture. In a large mixing basin, combine the chicken, celery, apple, and almonds. Toss everything together. Mix in the mayo, sour cream, and chutney mixture until everything is equally coated. If needed, season with more salt and pepper. Prepare a board by laying out all of the bread pieces. Spread a small coating of softened butter on each slice before baking. Half of the bread pieces should be topped with a big scoop of chicken salad. Using the leftover bread, cover the entire dish. Prepare each sandwich by trimming the crusts off using a broad serrated bread knife. Cut the crustless sandwich in half and then in thirds. Place the crustless finger sandwiches in a container to keep them fresh. On top of the first layer of sandwiches, place a piece of parchment paper, followed by another piece of parchment paper on top of the parchment paper. Repeat the process with a second layer of finger sandwiches. Refrigerate for up to 3 days after covering with plastic wrap. Alternatively, serve cold or at room temperature.
It is possible that this content contains affiliate links. For any little party, a Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches Board is a delicious option. Prepare a chicken salad and place it on a serving board with croissant rolls and fresh berries for presentation! Wishing you a wonderful Mother’s Day weekend! To serve for breakfast or lunch, I’m providing a super easy Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches Board that anybody can make. Here’s another delectable lunch suggestion: Use a grilled cheese and tomato soup board to serve this delicious Orange Basil Tomato Soup!
Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches Board
ENJOY! a buttery, flaky croissant loaded with the greatest chicken salad (sweet and savory with fresh herbs), served with a side of fresh fruit. Of course, scale to the size of your family. We will be having more guests in the near future, so we will really double this dish in order to accommodate a larger group. We are unable to wait. Beat the heat and prepare ahead of time, and pull out for company! Take use of the board information at the bottom of this page, and as usual, see How to Season a Charcuterie Board for any other “boards”-related information.
Ingredients for a Chicken Salad Board
- ENJOY! a buttery, flaky croissant loaded with the greatest chicken salad (sweet and savory with fresh herbs), served with a side of whipped cream Of course, you should scale the recipe to the size of your household. Given that we will be inviting additional guests in the near future, this dish will be doubled for an even bigger gathering in the future. There is no way we can hold out much longer! Make preparations in advance to avoid the heat, and then pull out for company! Take a look at the board information at the bottom of this page, and as usual, see How to Season a Charcuterie Board for any other “boards”-related stuff.
How do you make Croissant Chicken Salad Sandwiches?
Chicken salad is composed of chicken and a variety of other delectable ingredients. It’s often cooked with half a chicken breast (white meat) and a variety of vegetables and other ingredients such as celery, red onion, grapes, almonds, and herbs. Fresh dill has a wonderful taste that we like. We also like to include pineapple in our recipes. Salad de Grilled Chicken with Pineapple and Avocado prepared by my buddy Ali was really amazing! This dish is one of my favorites since it is both sweet and salty, and it has a distinct “summer” flavor thanks to the use of fresh dill.
Combine the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and layer between two sliced buttery croissants.
The flavor is fantastic, and they are also freezer-friendly!
How many sandwiches does a pound of chicken salad make?
While the amount of filling in the croissants is entirely up to you, this recipe yields around 8 big croissant sandwiches. We really enjoy them when they are densely packed. During your meal, the components will, indeed, run out over your plate. However, the beauty of a Chicken Salad Sandwich is that it is not too smothered with mayo, as is sometimes the case. We like to keep the mayo mild and add more pieces of delectable stuff to our sandwiches.:)
How do you keep Chicken Salad Sandwiches fresh?
Also, did you know that you may prepare these sandwiches in advance of serving them? My first preference is to put them together shortly before your visitors come, but if you need to prepare them ahead of time, follow these instructions:
- Cut the croissants in half, lengthwise, and set aside. Place the top of each croissant on top of the chicken salad mixture and close the croissants. Organize on a big serving platter (about 4 will fit). Place a paper towel on top of the dish, followed by a sheet of parchment paper. Stack the next four sandwiches on top of each other. If you are doubling or tripling the recipe, you should use a cookie sheet. Cover and keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days! Alternatively, serve cold or at room temperature.
This procedure is effective, and you will not get soggy sandwiches as a result (especially with a recipe like mine, that is not so heavy with the sauce).
What truly makes this dish shine, though, are the herbs and lemon.
Happy Mother’s Day to me
I consider myself extremely fortunate to be the mother of three wonderful children in their twenties. Each has their unique set of abilities and personalities, as well as an overwhelming amount of beauty surrounding them. I am truly a grateful and joyful mother, having been created in God’s image. It’s possible that your soul has never been in bloom if you have never been delighted to the very borders of your soul by a flower in bloom in the spring.” -Audra Fuveo, n.d. Here’s our eldest, who will be embarking on a one-year journey of his own shortly!
It’s our children.
On the other hand, there are some lovely fresh flowers!
Happy Mother’s Day weekend and summer entertaining!
Friends, The Big Board is here! Yes, I’ve teamed with JK Adams, the best woodworking firm in Vermont, to create my own line of recycled-content boards.
- 20-inch, 26-inch, and 12 x 36-inch dimensions NEW 23-inch LAZY SUSAN
- A board with a lip (or raised edge) to prevent food from falling off
- HEALTHY EATING
- Made in the United States of America
- A design feature that is unique to this product is the undercut handles.
Thank you very much for your support, since we’ve already sold out on many occasions! Order your copy of The Big Board now!
Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches Board
Servings:8 Preparation time: 20 minutes Time allotted: 20 minutes The Main Course is the first course in the sequence. Cuisine:American
Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches Board
- A bowl of chicken salad with fresh strawberries and blueberries is served with 8 croissants.
Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 2 1/2 crotisserie chicken breasts, chopped
- 1/2 cup shaved almonds
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dill, coarsely chopped
- 8 croissants
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons phoney
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A teaspoon of lemon zest, 3/4 teaspoon dijon mustard, 2 1/2 teaspoons sherry vinegar, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup sour cream, 2 teaspoons phony
- Salt and pepper to taste
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Network, an affiliate advertising program designed to offer a mechanism for sites to make advertising revenue by promoting and referring to amazon.com. Amazon Services LLC Associates Program is open to all websites.
Favorite Finger Sandwiches for a Luncheon
Your group will rediscover the delights of sharing a small repast on a beautiful afternoon when presented with this delightful finger sandwich variety. The flavors in these tiny finger sandwiches are intense, and they always bring a festive touch to luncheons. Most sandwiches may be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a day. To keep the bread from drying out, cover the sandwiches with a layer of wax paper and a moist paper towel. Uncover sandwiches shortly before serving.
Here’s a sampling of some of our finest recipes, along with suggestions from theSouthern LivingTest Kitchen Professionals.
- Preparing the sandwiches by freezing the bread slices until solid makes it simpler to chop them into little pieces
- After the sandwiches have been filled, remove the crusts from the bread using a long serrated knife to ensure that the sandwiches have nice edges. As a sandwich filler, you can use your favorite cheese spread. Allowing the cheese to soften at room temperature will make spreading it much easier. Tortillas filled with vibrant spinach and sun-dried tomatoes serve as a colorful base for inventive tea sandwiches. Spread the filling on one side of each tortilla so that it is evenly distributed. Wrap the tortilla securely in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator. Tea sandwiches are made from small prefabricated loaves of thinly sliced party breads, which are great for tea time. There’s no need to trim the crust
- Simply cover it with the filling, top it, and cut it in two across the grain. We prefer to combine light-colored rye or sour dough bread with dark-colored pumpernickel bread to create a visually appealing sandwich. Look for these little loaves of bread in the deli department of your local grocer.
Donna Florio and Mary Allen Perry contributed to this article.
Chicken Salad Tea Sandwiches Recipe
Sandwiches with Chicken Salad and Tea Photograph courtesy of Annie Schlecter
Recipe Summary test
Hands-on time: 20 minutestotal time: 20 minutes Servings: 6 to 8 people Information on NutritionAdvertisement
- 14-pound rotisserie chicken, flesh coarsely diced
- 12 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 slices white sandwich bread
- 13 1/2 to 4 pound rotisserie chicken, with flesh coarsely diced
- 12 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 pieces white sandwich bread
Per Serving:378 calories; fat 15g; saturated fat 4g; cholesterol 146mg; sodium 1085mg; protein 39g; carbs 23g; sugars 4g; fiber 1g; iron 2mg; calcium 102mg.
Chicken Salad Sandwiches Recipe
- In a medium-sized pot, combine the chicken broth and water. Bring the mixture just to a boil, adding celery stalk pieces, carrot, onion, bay leaf, and peppercorns as needed. Reducing the heat to a low setting and adding the chicken breast Poach the chicken for 10 to 12 minutes, or until it is well done. Transfer to a platter and set aside to cool. Using the metal blade on a food processor fitted with a bowl, finely grind the chicken in the bowl until it is no longer chunky. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside. Combine the mustard, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, and the remaining 1/2 cup celery dice in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then whisk everything together well. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until required. Sandwiches should be made as follows: Each of the bread pieces should have a dab of the remaining 1/2 cup mayonnaise spread on one side. Half of the bread pieces should be topped with a thin layer of chicken salad and a few lettuce leaves, then the remaining bread slices should be covered. Sandwiches should be cut in half. Stack several together and wrap them tightly with plastic wrap. Allow to rest until ready to serve
Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches
Served between buttery, soft croissant buns, these Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches are loaded with a delicious chicken salad and served cold. These are excellent sandwiches that we enjoy eating all year long! Each person, I feel, has their own unique method of preparing chicken salads. The options are virtually limitless, and they are all delectable. I want mine to be straightforward and free of nuts, which is something that a lot of recipes include. Today, I’m going to show you how I like to prepare it.
- It’s the great meal to make throughout the warm months!
- These Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches are out of this world delicious.
- The most important piece of advise I can provide is to prepare the chicken salad at least 4 to 6 hours before serving.
- As a result, the tastes have a better chance of developing fully.
- I’ll make good on my commitment.
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE SANDWICH RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY: Sandwich and Wrap Recipes: 20+ Delectable Sandwich and Wrap Recipes Sandwiches in a Club Sandwiches with Chicken Caesar Sandwiches de Monte Cristo (Monte Cristos) ARE YOU INTERESTED IN SAVING THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
INSTALL IT ONTO YOUR PREFERRED PINTEREST BOARD! Stuffed between buttery, fluffy Croissant buns, this flavorful chicken salad is bursting with flavor. It makes for a delectable sandwich, no doubt about it! Preparation time: 6 hours Time allotted: 6 hours Servings8
- A 4 cup cooked shredded chicken mixture
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups grapes, halved
- Two thinly sliced green onions
- One cup mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream (or ranch dressing)
- Two tablespoons fresh dill
- One teaspoon salt
- The juice of one small lemon
- Eight croissant buns (optional).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked shredded chicken, celery, grapes, and green onion. Toss everything together. Remove the bowl from the heat and combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, chopped dill, pepper, salt, and lemon juice in a small mixing dish. Whisk the ingredients together until they are well blended. Pour the dressing over the chicken mixture and toss to combine. Stir until everything is well-combined. Refrigerate for at least 4 to 6 hours, if not overnight, before serving. Each croissant roll should be cut in half. 1/2 cup chicken salad should be spread over the bottom half. Place the other half on top. Serve and take pleasure in it
Please place all sandwich orders at least 24 hours ahead of time.
- Pimento Cheese
- Chicken Salad
- Egg Salad
- Ham Salad
- Sliced Ham (Mayo or Must)
- Cream Cheese with Pineapple
- Cream Cheese with Cherry
- Cream Cheese with Olive
- Add Sliced Cheese $2.49
- Add Wheat Bread $1.99
Per dozen, there are 48 Finger Sandwiches. Each complete sandwich is cut and quartered before being served. Each pack contains two complete sandwiches that are individually packaged. The item is packaged in a box. a total of 120 items Sandwiches of up to four different varieties This recipe serves 20-2556 people. Sandwiches of up to three different varieties are permitted. Serves 10-15 people Chipotle Chicken Salad, Pimento Cheese Salad, Egg Salad, Ham Salad, and Pineapple Cream Cheese Salad
Large Vegetable Tray
40.99 Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, and ranch-flavored cream cheese dipServes 50-60 people
Small Vegetable Tray
40.99Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, and ranch-flavored cream cheese dipServes 50-60 people
CheeseBall with Crackers (Large)
Cheeseball weighing 38.992.5 to 3 lbs, topped with chopped nuts Served on a 16″ Tray with crackers as an accompaniment Only $20.99 for a cheeseball that serves 30-40 people.
CheeseBall with Crackers (Small)
The cheeseball weighs 23.991.5 pounds and is topped with chopped walnuts. Served on a 12″ Tray with crackers as an accompaniment 20-25 cheeseballs are served in this recipe. Only $15.49 each month A selection of olives, pickles, and celery stuffed with pimento cheese 50-605 lbs of Deli Sliced Ham, Turkey, and Roast Beef are served in this recipe. American cheese and Swiss cheese, sliced thinly. Included are a bread plate with both white and wheat bread, as well as condiments (Mustard, mayonnaise and pickles) This recipe serves 25-30 people.
This recipe serves 30-35 people.
This recipe serves 40-50 people.
Cut seasonal fruit is served in a hollowed-out watermelon, which serves 35-40 people.
Unless otherwise specified, all party foods are available by the dozen.
Deviled Eggs (24 Halves)
We do not provide personalized decoration; instead, we just provide a colored flower. Cookies with chocolate chips or oatmeal in season fruits – cantaloupes (in season), honey dew berries, strawberries, apples, watermelon, grapes, and pineapple Serves a total of 20 people
Onion, Vegetable, Fruit, or Cheese Dips
Flavors include: cherry, orange, lime, pineapple, strawberry, and orange-pineapple. 10.49 Per gallon, there are 30 servings. Please put any party orders at least 24 hours in advance to ensure timely delivery.
- Luncheon with a Variety of Sandwiches Our Assorted Sandwich Platter comes with a selection of sandwiches to choose from. Choose two sides from the following options: Broccoli Salad, Grape Salad, Mixed Green Salad, Pasta Salad, Fresh Fruit, or Chips (optional). Choose a delicious treat from the following options: Buttercream Frosted Cookies or Chocolate Crispy Bites. Mini Croissant Sandwich Luncheon (serves 10-12 people) Our Mini Croissant Sandwich Platter comes with your choice of three different varieties of chicken salad. Please keep in mind that each flavor takes up one-third of the plate. Choose two sides from the following options: Broccoli Salad, Grape Salad, Mixed Green Salad, Pasta Salad, Fresh Fruit, or Chips (optional). Choose a delicious treat from the following options: Buttercream Frosted Cookies or Chocolate Crispy Bites. Chicken Salad Chick Luncheon (serves 10-12 people) Two of your favorite chicken salad tastes, presented in serving bowls and accompanied with our delectable crackers, are yours to choose from. Choose one side dish or chips from the following options: Broccoli Salad, Grape Salad, Mixed Green Salad, Pasta Salad, Fresh Fruit, or Chips. Choose your favorite sweet treat:Round Cookies with buttercream frosting or Chocolate Crispy Bites are two options. Serves 10-12 people.
Mini Croissant Sandwich Platter
- Pickle spear and cookie are included in the Chicken Salad Box, as is either a chicken salad sandwich or a scoop of chicken salad served with crackers. a signature sandwich with up to two sides, a pickle spear, and a cookie are all included in the Signature Sandwich Box.
- Fresh Strawberry TrayThis tray contains freshly picked strawberries. Enjoy our delectable fruit dip. The Assorted Fresh Fruit Tray (serves 10-12 people) includes a variety of red and white seedless grapes as well as fresh strawberries and our delectable fruit dip. Pimento Cheese or Spicy Pimento Cheese Ball Tray (serves 10-12 people) – Choose from a freshly-made pimento cheese OR a spicy pimento cheese ball wrapped in crushed nuts, crisp bacon, and Ritz crackers, served with Ritz crackers. Serves 10-12 people.
- Fresh Strawberry TrayThis tray contains fresh strawberries. fruit dip with a delightful twist The Assorted Fresh Fruit Tray (serves 10-12 people) has a variety of red and white seedless grapes as well as fresh strawberries and our delectable fruit dip. A Pimento Cheese or Spicy Pimento Cheese Ball Tray will serve ten to twelve people. Choose from a freshly-made pimento cheese OR a spicy pimento cheese ball covered with crushed pecans crisp bacon, and served with Ritz crackers on the side. Approximately ten to twelve people.
Becker’s catering provides platters to suit every occasion, whether it’s a party, corporate function, wedding, or a casual outdoor event. We have platters to suit any event size and budget.
- Platters include: Cheese Chunk Platter, Fruit Platter, Garden Vegetable Platter, Traditional Antipasto Platter, Hummus Platter, Bruschetta Platter, Finger Sandwich Platter, Vegetable Platter, Gourmet Wrap Platter, and more.
Sizes of platters and number of servings:
- 12 inch platters hold up to 12 people
- 16 inch platters hold up to 20 people
- And 18 inch platters hold up to 30 people.
Additional information and price for each plate may be found in the sections below.
Bottled water, kettle fried potato chips, and a brownie can be added to any Platter for an additional $4 per person.
Chunk Cheese Platter
Fresh green leaf lettuce, sliced pepperoni, and sweet grapes are used to garnish a delectable array of cheeses that has been expertly placed and decorated.
- 12 inch platters cost $45
- 16 inch platters cost $70
- And 18 inch platters cost $90.
*Does not include crackers in the definition.
Prepared with care and presented nicely! With honey dew melon, cantaloupe, pineapple, and berries, to mention a few of the fruits on this plate, it will make an excellent centerpiece on any table. Serve it as a light dessert or a great appetizer to complement your meal. Our homemade dip is sure to be a hit with your party attendees.
- $45 for a 12 inch platter
- $65 for a 16-inch platter
- $90 for an 18-inch plate
*Additional Fruit Dip is available for $5.99 per pint.
Garden Vegetable Platter
This plate is both visually appealing and nutritious, thanks to the use of a vibrant assortment of freshly cut seasonal veggies. Broccoli, cauliflower, and celery are just a few of the vegetables that you and your visitors will undoubtedly like. Try our dill, blue cheese, or caramelized onion dips, all of which are created in house.
- 12 inch platters cost $40, 16 inch platters cost $55, and 18 inch platters cost $65 each.
*Additional Dip is available for $5.99 per pound.
Traditional Antipasto Platter
On the top of this stunning centerpiece is a selection of cured meats, marinated vegetables, artichoke hearts stuffed with provolone cheese, and a crusty baguette. This tasty and visually appealing selection is a wonderful appetizer or first course for any event, thanks to its beautifully stacked presentation.
- 12 inch platters are $55, 16 inch platters are $75, and 18 inch platters are $95 each.
With toasted pita chips, we serve our own house-made hummus with either lemon roasted red pepper or roasted garlic. This plate is excellent for a light snack or alongside our fresh produced wraps at any workplace luncheon.
- 12 inch platters cost $40, 16 inch platters cost $50, and 18 inch platters cost $65.
*Additional hummus is available for $12.99 per quart.
This dish is one of our most popular items! In our kitchen, we produce our own bruschetta using a variety of tomatoes, fresh herbs, and extra-virgin olive oil. After that, we toast baguette slices and mix them with parmesan cheese before plating them for your next event.
- 12 inch platters cost $40, 16 inch platters cost $50, and 18 inch platters cost $65.
*Additional bruschetta is available for $12.99 per quart.
Finger Sandwich Platter
Pick one of the freshly prepared fillings from the list below.
- Seafood Salad, solid white tuna salad, chicken salad, egg salad, seafood salad, and cranberry walnut chicken salad are some of the options.
There are no additional charges for any of the sandwiches. The minimum order quantity is one dozen, with a choice of just two fillings. For purchases of more than a dozen, you will be able to pick from the whole range of fillings.
Gourmet Wrap Platter
All of our wraps are handcrafted to order on fresh white, spinach, or honey wheat tortillas, depending on the season.
- Balsamic reduction poured over a bed of baby spinach, tomato, red onion, and feta cheese
- Marinated grilled chicken breast, baby spinach, fresh mozzarella, and our homemade tomato bruschetta are served on a bed of greens. Fresh lettuce, tomatoes, and cheddar cheese are added to our homemade white meat chicken salad. Sandwich made with smoked ham, lettuce, tomato, and Havarti cheese, topped with a sweet honey Dijon spread Baby spinach, crisp julienne carrots, and fresh cucumbers accompany sweet and spicy sesame marinated chicken. Roasted turkey breast with basil pesto mayonnaise, fresh lettuce, tomatoes, and provolone cheese on a toasted baguette
- The roast beef is topped with cheddar cheese and our homemade horseradish mayo, as well as fresh lettuce and tomatoes. Buffalo spiced chicken breast served on a bed of fresh lettuce with blue cheese crumbles on the side Chicken breast grilled on a charcoal grill, topped with cheddar cheese and fresh lettuce
All wraps cost $7.99 per. *A minimum order of 10 wraps is required, with only two options available. Orders of more than a dozen items will be able to choose from the whole range. Bottled water, kettle fried potato chips, and a brownie can be added to any Platter for an additional $4 per person. Our booklet has further information about pricing.