Popeyes’ Classic Chicken And despite its major hype, Popeyes’ chicken sandwich is not the most expensive option, although it is up there. Each 699-calorie sandwich is $4.49 and features a huge, fried chicken breast filet, pickle slices, and mayo or spicy Cajun sauce all on a brioche bun.
Does Popeyes have a chicken sandwich?
- Popeyes is expanding its menu with the addition of the new Cajun and Creole Chicken Sandwiches. When you’re in the mood for hot and spicy flavors, Popeyes Cajun Chicken Sandwich contains a spicy pepper spread that is seasoned with a blend of red chili peppers.
What comes in a $5 box at Popeyes?
With the $5 Big Box you get 3 Handcrafted Tenders OR 2 pieces of Bonafide chicken, plus a biscuit and two sides.
What comes in Popeyes $10 box?
The fried chicken franchise just announced a new $10 Sampler Box, which includes a little bit of everything, specifically:
- Two pieces of fried chicken.
- Two chicken tenders.
- Eight fried shrimp.
- Two biscuits.
- Choice of two sides (Cole slaw, Cajun fries, mashed potatoes, garlic rice, or Cajun cheese fries)
Does Popeyes give senior discounts?
Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen offers a 10% off senior discount or a free drink for adult customers 55 and older.
Why is Popeyes so expensive?
Tuesdays we drop the prices down to low because we wanna bring in customers. So it’s near what it costs to make. We add about 50% charge for our labor on most things. Meaning 5 dollar cost to make would be a 7.50 meal so that way we can have money to pay the cooks, cashiers, and people who help make it happen.
Does Popeyes still have the $10 box?
Popeyes $10 Tenders Box Is Back So 2020 Is Already The Best Popeyes already stirred the pot this past year with the introduction of their now-notorious chicken sandwich, but they’re keeping it low-key for the start of 2020 by bringing back the $10 Tenders Box deal.
Does Popeyes have a $20 fill up?
The $20 deal includes ten pieces of mixed bone-in chicken or tenders along with two large sides and five biscuits. Breast substitution upcharge may apply.
How do I get a free Popeyes Chicken Sandwich?
When you order via the Grubhub app, you’ll snag a Free Chicken Sandwich combo and free delivery as a bonus. You’ll have to pile up your cart with at least $20 worth to qualify, but have you seen the menu lately? It shouldn’t be all that difficult. In case you need a little ordering inspiration, we’ve got you.
What is the new Popeyes deal?
The new Sandwiches n’ More Pack features a mix of chicken sandwiches and chicken tenders with a choice of side. More specifically, each pack includes four signature Chicken Sandwiches paired with your choice of four Mild, Spicy or Blackened Chicken Tenders and a choice of large side for $25 (may vary).
Does Popeyes sell individual pieces of chicken?
No, Popeyes isn’t the only company that allows the customer to choose what pieces they want in an individual meal. On the other hand however, family meals and specials are at a certain price because of the number of which peices are in it.
How much is a 12 piece nuggets at Popeyes?
Popeyes launched its new chicken nuggets on Tuesday. The chain announced its new menu item on July 13. The nuggets are available in an eight-piece order for $3.99, and a 12-piece order for $5.89. (They also come in larger, more shareable order sizes.)
In America, Popeye’s Louisiana Kitchen is one of the most popular places to go for great fried chicken. In addition to delicious fried chicken, you’ll discover a variety of Cajun-inspired sides and seafood entrees, such as Popcorn Shrimp and Catfish, at this restaurant. Want to stay up to date on all the latest Popeye’s and fast food news? Subscribe to our weekly email by filling out the form below. You can also follow us on Instagram. All rates on this page (with the exception of LTO) are for March 2020 and are based on a Utah location.
Prices are supplied simply as a general reference tool; please check with your own local restaurant for exact pricing information.
To get information specific to your location, check out the Popeye’siOS and Androidapps.
Current Limited Time Offers
- Cajun Flounder Sandwich– flounder fish fillet served on a warm and toasted buttery brioche bun with crisp barrel cured pickles and tartar sauce, $5.49
- Cajun Shrimp Sandwich– shrimp fillet served on a warm and toasted buttery brioche bun with crisp barrel cured pickles and tartar sauce, $5.49
- Cajun Shrimp Sandwich– shrimp fillet served on a warm and toasted buttery brioche bun with crisp barrel a dish of Cajun Crispy Shrimp, consisting of eight pieces of butterfly shrimp that have been golden fried, costs $5.00
When purchasing a Family Meal, you have the option of having your chicken served mildly, spicyly, or a combination of the two. Family dinners are offered with either conventional chicken pieces or chicken tenders as the main protein source.
|8 piece||chicken only||$18.99|
|8 piece||with 1 large side and 4 Biscuits||$12.99|
|12 piece||chicken only||$17.99|
|12 piece||with 2 large side and 6 Biscuits||$25.99|
|16 piece||chicken only||$23.99|
|16 piece||with 3 large side and 8 Biscuits||$33.99|
Popeye’s flaws are as follows:
- Rice and beans
- Cole Slaw
- Cajun Fries
- Mashed Potatoes
- Green Beans
- Cajun Rice
- Corn on the Cob
- Macaroni and cheese
Rice and beans; Cole Slaw; Cajun Fries; Mashed Potatoes; Green Beans; Cajun Rice; Corn On The Cob; Macaroni and Cheese
|2 Piece Combo||$6.99|
|3 Piece Combo||$8.19|
|4 Piece Combo||$8.79|
|3 Whole Wings||$6.99|
Chicken Tender Combos
Popeye’s Tenders are offered in three different flavors: mild, spicy, and blackened.
|3 Piece Tenders||$7.49|
|5 Piece Tenders||$8.99|
|7 Piece Nuggets||$6.79|
What Sauces Does Popeye’s Have?
Are you ready to dunk those tenders? Popeye’s has you covered with a variety of dipping sauces, including:
- BoldBQ (sweet and tangy BBQ sauce)
- Buttermilk Ranch
- Blackened Ranch (buttermilk ranch spiced with herbs and spices)
- Sweet Heat (honey, hot sauce, vinegar)
- Bayou Buffalo (cayenne hot sauce, butter, Cajun spice)
- Mardi Gras Mustard (sweetened classic Creole mustard)
Chicken Sandwich Combos
Sandwich combinations contain a standard side dish and a beverage.
|Classic Chicken Sandwich only –our review||$3.99|
|Classic Chicken Sandwich combo||$6.59|
|Spicy Chicken Sandwich only||$3.99|
|Spicy Chicken Sandwich combo||$6.59|
Seafood combinations come with a typical side dish, a biscuit, and a small drink, among other things.
|1/4lb Popcorn Shrimp combo||$7.99|
|Popcorn Shrimp and 2pc Tender combo||$8.99|
|add 4 Buttermilk Biscuit Shrimp||$2.49|
What beverages does Popeye’s offer?
Popeye’s offers a variety of beverages, including
- Coca-Cola, Diet Coca-Cola, Sprite, Dr Pepper, Fanta (strawberry, orange, cherry), Cane Sweeet Iced Tea, Lemonade, Hawaiian Punch, and many more are available.
What desserts does Popeye’s offer?
Popeye’s serves a variety of desserts, including
Older menus and prices for Popeye’s
The following products are from previous Popeye’s menus that we have seen, and we were unable to confirm whether or not they are still available on the current menu. Please see the following for your convenience, with the final table column indicating when we last saw this item and its price:
|Cajun Fish||$7.49||Nov 18|
|FishPopcorn Shrimp||$8.49||Nov 18|
|Shrimp Po’ Boy||$6.99||Nov 18|
|Chicken Tender Po’ Boy||$6.99||Nov 18|
|9 Piece Nuggets||$6.79||Nov 18|
|4 Piece Meal Deal Tender||$5.00||Nov 18|
|1 Biscuit||$0.79||Nov 18|
|6 Biscuits||$3.99||Nov 18|
|12 Biscuits||$6.99||Nov 18|
All of the rates on this page are for March 2020 and are based on a Utah location. Please keep in mind that the menu items and prices at Popeye’s in your state may vary somewhat from those in other states. Prices are supplied simply as a general reference tool; please check with your own local restaurant for exact pricing information. This website is in no way associated with Popeye’s. To get information that is specific to your location, check out the official PopeyesiOSandAndroidapps.
6 Most Expensive Chicken Sandwiches at Popular Fast-Food Chains
Unless otherwise stated, all pricing on this page are valid until March 2020 from an address in the state of Utah. Please keep in mind that the menu items and prices at Popeye’s in your particular state may vary somewhat.
Prices are supplied simply as a general reference tool; please check with your own local restaurant for exact pricing information. No relationship exists between this website and Popeye’s. To get information that is specific to your location, check out the official PopeyesiOS andAndroidapps.
We Tried the Popeyes Chicken Sandwich. It Was Worth the Hype
T he quickly well-known Popeyes Chicken Sandwich has managed to create quite a commotion out of a seemingly insignificant meal. Part of it is legend: when Popeyes first introduced the menu item in August, it quickly sold out and sparked a wave of viral, supporting enthusiasm on the internet, outpacing even the most popular of Starbucks’ seasonal drink launches. (As for other recent fast food ventures — who’s heard of Chick-fil-A?) We associate fast food with being quick, inexpensive, greasy, and frequently underwhelming.
- However, despite the fact that it will be delivered out swiftly and inexpensively at just $3.99 per sandwich, this sandwich is neither oily nor lackluster.
- The way Popeyes took a basic combo and made it into a fad is one of the most interesting twists of the year.
- On Monday evening, TIME went by a special taste test event to try the sandwich in both the spicy and traditional varieties, and they were impressed with what they tasted.
- Popeyes crew members engaged in friendly banter while a group of media awaited our freshly made sandwiches.
- Was the sandwich, on the other hand, truly worth all of the press?
- And, after a thorough examination, we determined that it is really durable.
- It’s bigger than the standard fast-food burger, measuring five or more inches in circumference and boasting heaviness and height in addition to its size.
On October 29, 2019, during their interview with presenter Jimmy Fallon, the comedians RhettLink tried the Popeye’s chicken sandwich for the first time.
Then you get a whiff of it: it’s warm and floury (and, if you opt for the spicy version, with a hint of something more).
What was most shocking was just how much chicken there was in the chicken sandwich itself.
Unlike the spicy version, which is not especially hot, but is obviously heated, the traditional version is sweeter and more balanced, thanks in part to the addition of pickles to the sauce mixture.
The sandwich also adheres to both the larger history of fried chicken, which has long been considered a national comfort meal, and to the specific customs and taste profiles of Popeyes, which are unique to the restaurant.
“The bread, the way we buttered the bun with the same topping we use on our biscuits, the spices — everything is consistent with what we do everywhere.” It’s that one piece of Popeyes that’s just right.” At this point, Popeyes is prepared to provide as many sandwiches as customers need, especially while the excitement is still building.
“We’re aware of it,” Alarcon confessed.
If you ask someone who has never had this sandwich what they think is the best thing they can reply is nothing.
Because you’re too preoccupied with eating it! “For a little while, the sound of quiet is the perfect answer,” she explained. Send an email to Raisa Bruner [email protected] if you have any questions.
Popeyes started a chicken sandwich war in 2019. Here’s why the food fight figures to continue in 2020
His instantaneous notoriety From a seemingly ordinary dish, Popeyes Chicken Sandwich has managed to create quite the commotion. According to local legend, when Popeyes introduced the menu item in August, it quickly sold out and sparked a viral, supporting frenzy on the internet that surpassed the popularity of the most popular Starbucks seasonal drink launches. If you’re looking for a new fast food restaurant, go no further than Chik-fil-A. We associate fast food with being quick, inexpensive, greasy, and frequently disappointing.
- Although it will be delivered up promptly and inexpensively at $3.99 per sandwich, this sandwich is neither oily nor lackluster in any way.
- It is one of the most interesting twists of 2019 to see how Popeyes took a basic mixture and made it into a frenzy!
- On Monday evening, TIME went by a special taste test event to experience the sandwich in both the spicy and traditional varieties.
- Popeyes crew members engaged in friendly conversation while a group of media awaited our freshly made sandwiches.
- Was it really worth all of the hype for the sandwich, however?
- It also passed our scrutiny and was found to be of high quality.
- You should be aware that the sandwich is substantial in size first and foremost.
When you first look at it, it may not appear to be much since it is largely monochromatic; the orange-y bun, which is glossy and soft, mixes in with the crispy golden brown exterior of the fried chicken within, with perhaps a few green pickles and a smear of sauce peeking out from the sides.
via Getty Images, NBC—NBCU Photo Bank Afterwards, you get a whiff of something hot and fluffy: toasty and floury (and, if you opt for the spicy version, with a hint of something more).
That there is so much chicken in a chicken sandwich is maybe the most unexpected thing about it.
Unlike the spicy version, which is not extremely hot, but is obviously heated, the traditional version is sweeter and more balanced, thanks in part to the addition of pickles to the sauce.
The sandwich also adheres to both the larger history of fried chicken, which has long been considered a national comfort meal, and to the specific customs and taste profiles of Popeyes, which are unique to the chain.
“The bread, the way we buttered the bun with the same topping we use on our biscuits, the spices — everything is consistent with what we do everywhere.
At this point, Popeyes is prepared to offer as many sandwiches as customers need, especially while the publicity is still high.
As Alarcon stated, “we are aware of it.” The fundamental question is: what is important?
“For a little while, the sound of quiet is the most effective response,” she added. ” Contact Raisa Bruner [email protected] with questions or comments about this article.
The start of the chicken sandwich war
- He became quickly well-known. Even though it is a simple dish, the Popeyes Chicken Sandwich has managed to create quite a commotion. Part of it is legend: when Popeyes first introduced the menu item in August, it quickly sold out and sparked a wave of viral, supporting frenzy on the internet, outpacing even the most popular of Starbucks’ seasonal drink launches. (As for other recent fast food debuts —Chick-fil-A, anyone?) We associate fast food with being quick, economical, greasy, and frequently unsatisfactory. However, despite the fact that it will be delivered up swiftly and inexpensively at $3.99 per sandwich, this sandwich is neither oily nor lackluster. With a fried chicken sandwich, you know exactly what you’re going into: a squishy bread, some crunchy, salty fried chicken, and perhaps something acidic — pickles or a sauce — to balance out all that umami with a little bit of sting. The way Popeyes took a basic combo and made it into a fad is one of the most interesting twists of the year 2019. On Sunday, Popeyesbrought back its sandwich to franchisees around the country, much to the delight of its army of hungry fans. On Monday evening, TIME visited a special taste test event to experience the sandwich in both the spicy and traditional varieties. Popeyes’ Head Chef Amy Alarcon, as well as Popeyes’ President of the Americas, Felipe Athayde, and Head of Marketing North America, Bruno Cardinali, were all in attendance at the tasting. Popeyes crew members engaged in friendly banter while a group of media awaited our freshly prepared sandwiches. After all, it’s not every day that a firm comes up with a great product that receives widespread recognition, even a citation from the New Yorker. Was the sandwich, on the other hand, truly worth all of that press? We decided to put it to the test. And after a thorough examination, we determined that it is really durable. (However, if the long lineups persist, you may want to consider hopping over to Shake Shack or Wendy’s, which all provide absolutely acceptable choices.) To begin, you should be aware that the sandwich is substantial in size. It’s bigger than your standard fast food burger, measuring five or more inches in circumference and boasting both heaviness and height. At first glance, though, it may not appear to be much since it is largely monochromatic
- The orange-y bun, which is glossy and soft, merges in with the crispy golden brown shell of the fried chicken within, with only a few green pickles and a smear of sauce peeking through. On October 29, 2019, during their conversation with host Jimmy Fallon, the comedians RhettLink sample the Popeye’s chicken sandwich. Getty Images has licensed the NBC—NBCUniversal Photo Bank for use. Then you get a whiff of it: warm and floury (and, if you opt for the spicy version, with a hint of something more). Even though the sandwich is big, you’ll be relieved to know that it’s the perfect height to bite into it without trouble. That there is so much chicken in a chicken sandwich is maybe the most shocking aspect about it. Not only can you taste the satisfyingly crispy fried surface, but you can also taste the white flesh within, which is aromatic and soft enough to bite through on every occasion. Unlike the spicy version, which is not especially hot, but is obviously heated, the traditional version is sweeter and particularly well-balanced by the pickles. In the end, it’s a straightforward sandwich with only four ingredients. Furthermore, the sandwich is consistent with both the larger legacy of fried chicken — a favorite comfort meal across the country — and the specialized customs and taste profiles of Popeyes, which are both included into the sandwich. “When you talk about the Popeyes sandwich, I refer to it as the best version of us,” Alarcon told TIME, referring to the fact that it incorporates flavors from the company’s other popular meals in order to achieve this tone. “The bread, the way we buttered the bun with the same topping we use on our biscuits, the spices — everything is consistent with everything else we do.” “It’s that ideal piece of Popeyes,” says the author. For the time being, Popeyes is prepared to offer as many sandwiches as customers need, especially while the excitement is still alive. “It’s a pivotal time. “We’re aware,” Alarcon confessed. But what is it that really matters? “When someone tries the sandwich for the first time, the best thing they can say is nothing. Because you’re preoccupied with eating it! “For a little while, the sound of quiet is the perfect reaction,” she remarked. Send correspondence to Raisa Bruner [email protected]
At Popeyes, 2020 really was the year of the chicken sandwich
Photograph courtesy of Shutterstock As reported on Thursday by parent company Restaurant Brands International, same-store sales at Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen fell 6.4 percent in the final three months of 2020, marking the first dip for the brand in more than a year. Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen has been on fire for more than a year. Nonetheless, 2020 was a watershed year for the chain, whose sales decline in the fourth quarter can be attributed entirely to difficult comparisons—its same-store sales rose 38 percent in the fourth quarter of 2019, thanks to the introduction of its now-famous chicken sandwich—and the introduction of the chicken sandwich in the first place.
- During the last year, Popeyes’ system sales in the United States increased by more than 20%, due primarily to the chain’s 15.7 percent increase in same-store sales.
- Consider the year 2018, though, and the ramifications of that sandwich become much more apparent.
- For comparison, over the course of two years, Bojangles’ system sales will have increased by one restaurant.
- And officials on Thursday were keen to point out that the restaurant has served a variety of other menu items in addition to that particular sandwich throughout the years.
- “We saw increase across the board in every area on the menu.” As seen by the robust sales of competitor KFC, classic bone-in chicken has proven to be a popular option throughout the epidemic.
This has resulted in “record levels of four-wall profitability,” according to Cil, and has elevated Popeyes to the status of “one of the most exciting and profitable QSR concepts.” This increased profitability could aid in future unit expansion in the coming years, and Cil stated that the firm anticipates development from both “current and new” franchisees.
- It just joined the GameStop stock bandwagon by offering free chicken tenders as an incentive to buy the stock.
- In addition, the firm last week debuted a new Cajun Flounder Sandwich, which utilizes the same bun and pickles as the chicken sandwich, but adds a piece of fried fish seasoned with Cajun flavor and some tartar sauce instead.
- Chicken sandwich chain Chick-fil-A is introducing a spicy version of their Grilled Chicken Sandwich, which is already a hit with customers.
- Burger King, a sibling business of Popeyes, is developing a chicken sandwich of its own that will feature fresh chicken rather than frozen chicken, according to the New York Times.
- Cil confirmed the news on Thursday.
Members make our journalism possible by contributing to it. Become a Restaurant Business member now to take advantage of special perks, such as unrestricted access to all of our content and discounts on products and services. Please register here.
Want breaking news at your fingertips?
Get access to the most up-to-date information about the restaurant sector. Sign up to receive SMS messages from Restaurant Business with breaking news and insights that are relevant to your company’s brand.
Popeyes’ chicken sandwich is so popular it’s adding nuggets to the menu
New York is the capital of the United States (CNN Business) Following the phenomenal success of its chicken sandwich, Popeyes is expanding its poultry offerings with the introduction of nuggets. Customers at Popeyes restaurants in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico will be able to purchase the dish starting on July 27. It is anticipated that the nuggets would simply be smaller, bun-less versions of their respective sandwiches. The nuggets, like the chicken used in the company’s famed sandwich, are coated in buttermilk and deep-fried to a golden brown.
- As more fast-food restaurants add fried chicken sandwiches to their menus, the demand for white flesh chicken is increasing.
- According to a Popeyes representative, “Popeyes is not immune to macro concerns that are hurting the whole business.” The team is working with its supply team on a regular basis, she added.
- Immediately following the launch of Popeyes’ new chicken sandwich in August of this year, the sandwich was sold out in less than a month.
- During that time, Popeyes stated that it had ensured that it had enough product to fulfill demand and that it had employed additional personnel in order to prepare for the relaunch.
- In the last three months of 2019, sales at all Popeyes restaurants increased by almost 42 percent to $1.3 billion, compared to the same period a year earlier, mostly as a result of the relaunch of the brand.
Popeyes’ parent firm, Restaurant Brands International (QSR), indicated on an April analyst call that the company’s chicken sandwich is driving the company’s growth: “The single largest highlight at Popeyes is a solid, continued performance that our chicken sandwich is providing for the business.” According to him, “With the success of the Popeyes chicken sandwich, the team is inspired to continue the long-term menu innovation pipeline.” The restaurant business has previously attempted to replicate the popularity of its chicken sandwich with a different product in the past.
For a brief period earlier this year, Popeyes released a fish sandwich that was constructed with the same baguette and pickles as the chicken sandwich, but with fish instead of chicken. This particular product, according to Cil, is “a wonderful compliment to our chicken sandwich.”
Here’s How Much Popeyes Has Made From Their Chicken Sandwich
Even if Starbucks is wildly popular with theirBaby Yoda Frappuccino, there is no way that it will ever come close to producing the kind of societal hype that the Popeyes chicken sandwich has generated. Popeye’s Chicken Sandwiches aren’t exactly a novel culinary item in the United States, but nonetheless, their rendition of the fast food delicacy had people standing in line for hours and even getting into physical fights over it. One sandwich was even listed for sale on eBay for $2,5000, with an asking price of $2,5000.
Making the chicken sandwich popular would be an understatement; it quickly became an international phenomenon.
After all, the sandwich was removed from the menu not long after it was introduced because the restaurant couldn’t keep up with the demand from customers.
The chicken sandwich made Popeyes millions
In a short period of time, the Popeyes chicken sandwich became extremely popular. The meal was hailed as “the finest chicken sandwich in the country” almost immediately after its introduction on social media and other sources — regardless of whether Chick-fil-A agrees with them. To date, Popeyes has received an estimated $65 million in advertising revenue from its infamous chicken fights – yet the company has paid nothing in exchange for that advertising (viaForbes). As for what all of that notoriety translated into in terms of profit for Louisiana-based Popeyes, well, it clearly resulted in millions of dollars in revenue for the company.
Popeyes hasn’t revealed how much of that increase was due to chicken sandwich sales in particular, but the business has acknowledged that the meal increased sales of beverages, desserts, and just about every other item on the menu, in addition to the brand’s now-iconic chicken sandwich.
Popeyes dished out a thousand sandwiches a day
Photograph by Eric Baradat/Getty Images Here are a few additional data to give you a better understanding of the $47 million profit that Popeyes made in 2011. Obviously, the chicken sandwich resulted in a significant increase in the number of consumers visiting Popeyes —much to the chagrin of its employees— but the exponential increase in client visits was a little ludicrous. Following the introduction of its chicken sandwich, the firm observed an increase in total consumer foot traffic of an amazing 255 percent (viaBusiness Insider).
In reality, it grew in number.
According to a Popeyes employee in Texas, “it’s just as wild as it was last time, if not more so this time.” Prior to the introduction of the chicken sandwich, Popeyes estimated that each store would sell around 60 of the sandwiches each day.
Popeyes outlets ran out of chicken sandwiches in just two weeks because businesses were moving an average of 1,000 chicken sandwiches per day, with some stores selling as much as 2,000 sandwiches on the first day that the chicken sandwich was finally available again, according to reports.
The chicken sandwich alone costs just four dollars, but when Popeyes is selling 1,000 of them every day, in addition to additional beverages and food, it’s easy to understand how the firm has had such a successful 2019. (viaForbes).
The chicken sandwich continues to make Popeyes money
Popeyes will continue to ride the chicken sandwich bandwagon for as long as it possible can, there is no doubt about it. The real concern now is how the corporation can maintain the momentum created by the campaign. Popeyes spokesperson Felipe Athayde told USA Today that the sandwich will remain on the menu indefinitely, eliminating the possibility of a limited-time profit scheme being implemented. In the future, they might experiment with other variations of the sandwich, but for the time being, Popeyes appears to be focusing on some strange marketing campaigns.
- It may be yours for the low price of $120,003.99.
- Oh, and did I mention the additional $3.99?
- Don’t tell me you were expecting them to just hand out the sandwich, were you?
- We’d love to inform you that one of them can be yours for just $45, but unfortunately, they’ve already been claimed by someone else.
Popeyes Menu Prices – Popeyes Chicken Sandwich & Specials – 2021
The deadline for submissions is December 29, 2021. Prices have been updated! Trying to find out what the Popeyes Menu and pricing are? You’ve discovered it. We’ve included the whole Popeyes menu with pricing below for you to peruse on your mobile device or from the comfort of your own home. Popeyes Chicken Sandwiches are included in this package! On one page, you can see all of Popeyes’ pricing, Tuesday Specials, and other specials.
Popeyes Chicken Combos
|Bonafide® Chicken – Dinner||2 Pc.||$5.29|
|Bonafide® Chicken – Combo||2 Pc.||$6.79|
|Bonafide® Chicken – Dinner||3 Pc.||$6.49|
|Bonafide® Chicken – Combo||3 Pc.||$7.99|
|Bonafide® Chicken – Dinner||4 Pc.||$7.69|
|Bonafide® Chicken – Combo||4 Pc.||$9.19|
|Wings – Dinner||3 Pc.||$6.49|
|Wings – Combo||3 Pc.||$7.99|
|MVP Bundle Bonafide® Chicken Mixed – 5 Biscuits2 Large Sides (Limited Time)||10 Pc.||$20.00|
|Bonafide® Chicken Mixed or Tenders (Limited Time)||10 Pc.||$10.99|
Popeyes Tender Combos
|Tenders – Dinner||3 Pc.||$5.79|
|Tenders – Combo||3 Pc.||$7.29|
|Tenders – Dinner||5 Pc.||$7.79|
|Tenders – Combo||5 Pc.||$9.29|
|Chicken Po’ Boy – Dinner||$4.99|
|Chicken Po’ Boy – Combo||$6.49|
|Pepper Barrel Tenders – Dinner (Limited Time)||$4.99|
|Pepper Barrel Tenders – Combo (Limited Time)||$6.49|
|1/4 lb Popcorn Shrimp||Dinner||$5.49|
|1/4 lb Popcorn Shrimp||Combo||$6.99|
|Seafood Po’ Boy (Fish or Shrimp)||Dinner||$5.49|
|Seafood Po’ Boy (Fish or Shrimp)||Combo||$6.99|
|Cajun SurfTurf – Combo (Limited Time)||6 Pc.||$6.49|
|Cajun SurfTurf – Platter (Limited Time)||6 Pc.||$8.39|
|Spicy Garlic Butterfly Shrimp – Dinner (Limited Time)||8 Pc.||$4.99|
|Spicy Garlic Butterfly Shrimp – Combo (Limited Time)||8 Pc.||$6.49|
|Spicy Garlic Butterfly Shrimp – Platter (Limited Time)||8 Pc.||$8.39|
Poeyes Family Meals
|Chicken Meal (1 Large Side and 4 Biscuits)||8 Pc.||$17.99|
|Chicken Meal (2 Large Sides and 6 Biscuits)||12 Pc.||$27.99|
|Chicken Meal (3 Large Sides and 8 Biscuits)||16 Pc.||$37.99|
Popeyes Signature Sides
|Mashed Potatoes with Cajun Gravy||Regular||$1.79|
|Mashed Potatoes with Cajun Gravy||Large||$3.99|
|Loaded Chicken Wrap||$1.99|
|Loaded Chicken Wrap – Combo||$4.99|
|Chicken Po’Boy – Combo||$6.49|
|Shrimp Po’Boy – Combo||$6.99|
|Iced Tea||1/2 Gallon||$2.99|
|Iced Tea||1 Gallon||$4.99|
|Lemonade or Fruit Punch||1/2 Gallon||$2.99|
|Lemonade or Fruit Punch||1 Gallon||$4.99|
Popeyes Kids Meals
|Mild Tender||1 Pc.||$3.39|
|Mild Leg||1 Pc.||$3.39|
|Hot Cinnamon Apple Pie||$1.29|
|Banana Pudding Parfait (Limited Time)|
Make your choice from among these delectable Signature Sauces:Chicken Sauces:
- Bayou Buffalo is a cayenne pepper hot sauce made with butter, celery, and Cajun ingredients that may be used on a variety of foods. BBQ sauce with molasses, spices, and a hint of smokey taste
- Sweet and tangy barbecue sauce with molasses and spices
- Sweet Heat– A sweet honey dipping sauce that has been spiced up with Louisiana hot sauce, vinegar, and a specific combination of peppers
- Sweet Heat is a dipping sauce that is sweet and spicy at the same time. Mardi Gras Mustard is a sweetened version of the typical Creole mustard dipping sauce
- It is served with fried oysters. Ranch dressing is a classic buttermilk ranch dressing. A traditional buttermilk ranch dressing with onion, garlic, a combination of peppers (white, black, and red), and spice is transformed into a blackened ranch dressing.
Sauces for Seafood:
- Horseradish, lemon juice, and Louisiana spices are mixed into a tomato ketchup-based dipping sauce to create the cocktail. Tartar– A creamy dipping sauce made with dill pickle relish, onion, parsley, and Louisiana seasonings
- Tartar– A creamy dipping sauce made with dill pickle relish, onion, parsley, and Louisiana seasonings
What is Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen?
Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen is a fast food restaurant franchise located in the United States that specializes on fried chicken. Al Copeland founded the first restaurant in Arabi, a neighborhood in New Orleans, Louisiana, in 1982. The brand was purchased by AFC Enterprises in 1993 and is currently the second-largest fast-food chicken restaurant group in the world after KFC, with more than 1800 locations in 40 states and more than 22 countries across the world. Al Copeland has stated that he named the eateries after the detective Jimmy “Popeye” Doyle from the film The French Connection, despite the fact that the comic character Popeye the Sailor has been used in advertising by the corporation for some time.
Traditional chicken tenders and wings with spicy spices, as well as Cajun-style sides such as Red Beans and Rice, mashed potatoes with Cajun-style sauce, and Cajun rice are among the selection.
Among other things, Popeyes has improved the look of its stores and introduced new seafood products such as Popcorn Shrimp and Cajun-style fish to its menu.
The Popeyes website may be located at this link. Example of the Popeyes Louisiana Chicken menu from the Popeyes Louisiana Chicken website.
The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich (That broke the internet).
Popeyes announced on Twitter in August 2019 that it was now serving a $3.99 chicken sandwich, which consisted of fried chicken topped with pickles and mayonnaise or spicy Cajun sauce on a brioche bun, at all of its 2,400 stores across the United States. Because Chick-fil-A Inc., one of the competitors, claimed that their own sandwich was the “original,” the story went viral. “How are you doing?” Popeyes inquired. Popeyes planned for their franchises to sell 60 sandwiches per day, but in many locations, sales were closer to 1,000 sandwiches per day.
Please give this restaurant a rating between 1 and 5 stars.
Homemade Popeyes Chicken Sandwich
A do-it-yourself project Popeyes Chicken Sandwiches can fulfill even the most intense fried chicken cravings you’ve ever had! You won’t be able to stop yourself from diving into this crispy chicken sandwich, which is made with spicy mayo, crunchy pickle slices, and a brioche bread. Scale
- Boneless chicken breasts, chopped into equal-sized pieces (about 2 pounds)
- 1-and-a-half cupsbuttermilk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the Spicy Mayo:
- 3 ingredients: 1 cup mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons spicy sauce, 2 teaspoons paprika, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the Breading:
- The following ingredients: 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 cup corn starch, 2 teaspoons paprika, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, 2 teaspoons kosher salt, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 3–4 cups vegetable oil for frying
- Place the chicken breasts in a large zip-top bag and seal the bag. In a medium-sized mixing basin, whisk together the buttermilk, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until well combined. Pour the mixture over the chicken in the bag and seal the bag. Seal the bag and squeeze it to ensure that the marinade is evenly distributed throughout the chicken. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight before serving.
- Using a medium-sized mixing bowl, thoroughly blend the mayonnaise, spicy sauce, paprika, and cayenne pepper until well incorporated. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes after covering with plastic wrap. The longer it is let to rest, the more the tastes will blend together.
Breading and Frying:
- A big mixing bowl is ideal for combining all of the ingredients, including the flour, corn starch, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and, using tongs, dredge each piece of chicken in the flour mixture until well coated. Set aside. Transfer to a platter, sprinkle a little additional flour mixture on top to keep the chicken from sticking, and repeat with the remaining chicken. Preheat the oven to a warm setting. Remove the cooling rack from the oven and place it on a large baking sheet. You’ll put the chicken on this to keep it warm in the oven while you finish frying the rest of the chicken. Pour the vegetable oil into a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pan with a deep side and a thick bottom. Three to four inches of oil should be present. The oil should be heated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit over medium heat. In batches of 2 or 3 pieces at a time, add the chicken and fry until the outside is golden brown and the interior temperature has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Transfer to the baking sheet that has been prepared and set in the heated oven while you finish frying the remaining chicken.
- Mayonnaise should be spread on both sides of the bun. Place the fried chicken on the bottom bread and close the bun up around it. Add lettuce, pickles, and the top bun to finish it off. Serve as soon as possible
To keep the chicken warm while allowing any extra oil to drain off, I use a wire rack on a baking sheet instead of paper towels. This keeps the chicken crisp while also letting any excess oil to run off. It is possible that cooking your chicken on paper towels will result in the bottom of your chicken being little mushy. Popeye’s chicken, Popeye’s hot chicken sandwich, Popeye’s chicken sandwich
Want To Save This Recipe?
Are you looking for more simple chicken dishes to try out?
- White Chicken Chili, Chicken Flautas, Skillet Chicken Parmesan, Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie, Tequila Lime Chicken, Tequila Lime Chicken, Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie
PIN to remember for later:
The long, fraught, delicious history of fried chicken sandwiches
It’s official: Popeye’s is no longer operating in the Sandwich. The chickens’ water sources have gone out. In a press statement from the firm, it is said that “Popeyes aggressively predicted demand through the end of September and has already sold through that inventory.” The Chicken Sandwich is projected to be sold out at Popeyes locations across the country by the end of this week, as a result of this. We, together with our suppliers, are working around the clock to get the new sandwich back into the hands of our visitors as quickly as possible.” It is the natural culmination of the contemporary fried chicken craze.
- Popeyes, a popular Louisiana fried chicken brand with its headquarters situated in Miami, introduced its new fried chicken sandwich on August 12.
- It is available in two different varieties: The mayonnaise can be spicy or not, depending on your preference.
- Does this sound like a chicken sandwich you’ve had before?
- A week had gone, and for the most part, life continued as usual.
- This is what the tweet said: “Bun+Chicken+Pickles Equals everything that is the original.” There was no mention of Popeyes.
- It was just stating the obvious — that it had arrived first!
- Following the outpouring of support, Popeyes — or rather, the advertising firm that manages the chain’s social media strategy — responded with its pièce de résistance: a quotation tweet, as well as a low-key show of worry, asking “.
- The hashtagsChickenWars andChickenSandwichWars, as well as the less aggressive and more descriptiveChickenSandwichTwitter, dominated the debate on Twitter, with Black Twitter in particular fueling the flames of discussion.
- The disputes on Twitter and in the emerging chicken sandwich literature often break down in this way.
- Popeyes tastes better; Chick-fil-A tastes better; or, for a little more subtle variant, Popeyes tastes better because I can now enjoy a great fast food chicken sandwich without supporting the politics of Chick-fil-parent A’s company.
Manufacturing and inhumane labor practices underpin the fast food industry, which is heavily reliant on immigrant workers and is among the “lowest-paid and most dangerous jobs in the country.” Working conditions at fast food restaurants are notoriously poor, as is the working environment at fast food restaurants themselves.
- The most recent reports from the front lines appear to simply corroborate this point and draw attention to it in bright neon.
- Business Insider spoke with one crew worker in Orange County who said, “Everyone wanted to resign so badly because it was so horrible.
- In the aftermath of that, a sixth discourse formed, with some high-profile figures — Judge Joe Brown and Janelle Monáe, among others — claiming that African Americans were more concerned with standing in line for chicken sandwiches than with voting or self-empowerment.
- However, many others have weighed in, pointing out that African Americans do wait in line to vote, that voting suppression is an issue, and that it shouldn’t be simpler to buy a hyped-up sandwich than to vote, yet it frequently is.
In the words of Psyche Williams-Forson, chair of American studies at the University of Maryland and author of Building Houses Out of Chicken Legs, “people want chicken to do the heavy lifting that they aren’t willing to do themselves.” The book is a study of the roles, both literal and symbolic, that chicken has played in the lives of some African American women.
The narrative of theChickenWars is a story about the creation of a distinctive brand identity. It is a narrative about the search for one’s own identity. It’s a story about a chicken, as you might expect.
Fast food chicken sandwiches are a point of personal pride, with a complicated history
It is difficult to envision two brands that are more positioned for a high-profile confrontation than these two. Chick-fil-A is credited as being the first fast food chicken restaurant. Although it takes credit for the invention of the fried chicken sandwich, it did not do so until the 1960s, a period in history that completely ignores the culinary contributions of African Americans. Food journalist Donna Battle Pierce, writing for Ebony, dates the origins of the fried chicken sandwich back to at least 1936, after researching black newspaper archives.
- People used to make chicken sandwiches when they were tired at night back in the day, and they had a loaf of bread and some leftover meat from dinner or supper, so they threw those ingredients together and called it a day.
- In addition, Williams-Forson points out that “foods travel, animals travel, spices travel.” “When we start talking about origins, I believe we get into a lot of different complications,” she says.
- As a result, Chick-fil-A did not claim to have “invented” the chicken sandwich.
- Chick-fil-A has continued to thrive even while the rest of the sector suffers.
- According to a July industry assessment from IBISWorld, the chain has a market share of 27.9 percent of the chicken market, which is greater than any other single band in the sector.
- Chick-fil-A may be the current chicken king, but there is opportunity for a newcomer to challenge the status quo.
- Even though Popeyes has a market share of only 10% of Chick-fil- A’s, according to IBISWorld, their chicken is liked not only by typical fast food customers, but also by reviewers and high-brow chefs alike.
- — served Popeyes chicken at his wedding because it is “simply the most amazing chicken.” Popeyes and Chick-fil-A are both chicken restaurants that cater to large gatherings of people.
- According to the narrative, she claims that “Popeyes means black, and Chick-fil-A equals non-black, which is kind of odd to me,” and she isn’t the only one who believes this.
- “Chick-fil-A isn’t especially prevalent in black communities,” says the author.
- As part of its corporate makeover in the late 2000s, Popeyes changed its brand from “Popeyes Chicken ‘n Biscuits” to the more locavorian “Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen,” and it made a drive to grow into “the suburbs,” among other things.
Everyone is welcome within the confines of Popeyes, and no one is too good or too educated to avoid being considered as a burden by the people working behind the counter.” Abdurraqib, on the other hand, argues that he considers Chick-fil-A, despite or possibly because of its politics, to be “a little too sanitized for my liking.” Chick-fil-A may not want you to come in precisely as you are, but the toilets are among the cleanest in the business, according to the company.
Until recently, Popeyes, like practically every other competitor in the business, has been unable to develop a chicken sandwich on par with the best of them.
McDonald’s does not hold the top spot in the fried chicken market. Popeyes, on the other hand, was in a unique position to ruffle feathers for one simple reason: it is dangerously wonderful.
That the fight exists at all is a testament to the rising tides of the fast food chicken sandwich
A high-profile rivalry between these two brands is difficult to envisage between any other two. A pioneer in the fast food chicken industry, Chick-fil-A is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Although it takes credit for the invention of the fried chicken sandwich, it did not do so until the 1960s, a period in history that completely ignores the culinary contributions of African Americans. Food journalist Donna Battle Pierce, writing for Ebony, traces the origins of the fried chicken sandwich back to at least 1936, after conducting research in black newspapers archives.
- “While they may not have said, ‘this is a chicken sandwich!’ it was exactly what it was.” There is no conclusive way to track down the origins of the fried chicken sandwich, which is similar to the history of fried chicken itself (as well as the history of other foods).
- In its modern form, fried chicken draws on both Scottish and African traditions in its creation.
- It’s also indisputable that the brand has had a significant effect on the chicken sandwich throughout the years.
- In June, the company officially surpassed McDonald’s to become the third-largest restaurant chain in the United States, moving up from seventh position before.
- According to ThinkProgress, the company’s failure to include sexual orientation and gender identification in its employment non-discrimination policy is in contrast to the chain’s long history of making charitable contributions to anti-LGBTQ organisations.
- Popeyes is the rebel in this particular instance of armed conflict.
Chicken poet and New Yorker food reporter Helen Rosner said of Popeye’s fried chicken, “it’s delicious.” In a spiky, golden sea-urchin of batter, the meat is delicious and succulent and the batter is unexpectedly light and crunchy, making for a satisfying meal.” According to First We Feast, chef Wylie Dufresne, who is credited with popularizing molecular gastronomy — molecular gastronomy!
Chicken is sold by Popeyes and Chick-fil-A to large gatherings of customers.
The story goes that “Popeyes means black, and Chick-fil-A equals non-black, which is kind of odd to me,” and she isn’t the only one who thinks this way: As soul food scholar Adrian Miller explained, “I have no scientific basis for saying this, but I believe Popeyes has greater brand loyalty among African Americans because there appear to be more outlets in black neighborhoods, the spicy IS spicy, and [the food is] less expensive.” “I believe Popeyes has greater brand loyalty among African Americans because there appear to be more outlets in black neighborhoods,” Miller explained.
“Chick-fil-A isn’t particularly visible in black areas,” says the author.
As previously stated, Popeyes has always catered to the “urban” consumer, which might be euphemism for “black” in retail vernacular.
The fact that Popeyes hasn’t changed, despite the facelift, is part of the appeal of the chain.
Everyone is welcome within the confines of Popeyes, and no one is too good or too educated to avoid being viewed as a burden by the person working behind the counter.” According to Abdurraqib, Chick-fil-A is “a little too sanitized for my liking,” and this is true despite or perhaps because of its political stance.
At least until lately, Popeyes has been unable to make a chicken sandwich that could compete with the best in the business.
When it comes to fried chicken, McDonald’s does not hold the number one position. Popeyes, on the other hand, was ideally positioned to raise eyebrows for one simple reason: it is threateningly delicious.
The chicken fight is not over yet
“Fried chicken sandwiches have been the fastest-growing food item in the restaurant sector over the previous 10 years,” according to a 2008 report in the New York Times. Despite the passage of time, the search continues. Shake Shack’s much-hyped foray into the category, the Chick’n Shack, was cited by Bon Appétit as proof that we had achieved “peak fried chicken sandwich craze” in 2016. It was supported by the data: According to the market research organization Euromonitor International, chicken sales in quick-service and fast-casual restaurants increased by 42.1 percent between 2011 and 2016.
- The factors that are contributing to the increase in chicken frenzy are much the same as they have always been.
- While it is not beef, it appears to be beneficial in a manner that beef is not — not just in terms of your own health but also in terms of the environment, because it is not beef.
- Furthermore, it is fashionable.
- The chicken sandwich has evolved into a type of test for high-end cooks, serving as a blank canvas on which to demonstrate their culinary abilities.
- This is excellent since fried chicken is tasty, but as Osayi Endolyn writes in an article on fried chicken for the book You and I Eat the Same, “where things may become complicated” is when fried chicken becomes popular because it becomes trendy.
- However, when it comes to who becomes famous — and wealthy — things become more complicated.
- “Both defined and unspoken societal rules guaranteed that the black women who worked as waiter carriers in the eighteenth century could not see their enterprise grow into a global franchise,” writes the author.
Once again, theChickenWars were fueled entirely by the passion of Black Twitter, and it wasn’t lost on the participants who were performing the labor and receiving compensation.
So who, ultimately, wins theChickenSandwichWar?
If Chick-fil-A is the undisputed king of the chicken sandwich, then the onus is on the competition to dethrone them. Restaurant owners in the United States have urged the corporation to design a chicken sandwich that would compete with Chick-fil- A’s, something that the defunct Southern Style could have become but was not. “Chick-fil-results A’s reflect the power of chicken,” the National Owners Association’s board of directors stated in an email to fellow owners just a few weeks ago, according to the National Owners Association.
It’s a bit confusing.
According to the majority of testimonies, they can.
We’ve all had the sandwich in our stomachs for quite some time, and all we needed to do was believe it.
The 27th of August, 2019 (@desusnice) But the beauty of a fast food Twitter debate is that there are no losers, which seems contradictory at first.
Despite the fact that it comprises a large number of items, fast food brand Twitter has a tendency to be silly, or quirky, or somewhat humiliating; it is preoccupied with pop culture and occasionally ill-advised.
While at the same time, fast food companies have been so engrained in American society that we have developed emotional and psychological attachments to them.
As Chandler points out, “since taste and fandom are subjective,” everyone gains in a fast food social media fight, he adds.
We’ll deliver you the most interesting Goods articles twice a week, investigating what we purchase, why we buy it, and why it matters to us.