How long do you cook a sandwich steak?
- Add half the steaks and cook for 3-4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Repeat with the remaining steaks.
How do you tenderize shaved steak?
How to tenderise beef – easily!
- Sprinkle 3/4 tsp baking soda (bi-carbonate soda) on 250g / 8oz sliced economical beef cuts.
- Toss with fingers, leave for 30 minutes.
- Rinse, pat off excess water.
- Proceed with stir fry recipe. It can be marinated with wet or dry seasonings, or cooked plain.
What is beef shaved steak used for?
What is Shaved Beef Steak Used for? Shaved beef steak is thinly sliced meat that can come from any part of the cow. It’s sometimes called “sandwich steak” because that’s one of its most popular uses. Shaved beef can be used in roast beef sandwiches, Chinese hot pot, beef broccoli stir fry, or the Philly cheesesteak.
How do you tenderize steak for sandwiches?
Add 1 cup of liquid acidic ingredients for each pound of beef to a small mixing bowl. This can include one or more ingredients, such as all soy sauce or a combination of 1/2 cup each of low-sodium soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. These ingredients work to soften the bonds of the connective tissue and tenderize the meat.
What cut of meat do you use for Philly Cheesesteak?
Ribeye is the steak of choice for Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches. It is well-marbled and tender when cooked. Another cut that we have used with great results is flank steak which is lean but very tender when cut against the grain. You will need a little extra oil on your cooking surface if using flank steak.
How do you cook a frozen shaved steak?
Pour frozen or thawed contents of bag into a heated skillet with 1 TBSP of oil. Toss and cook over medium-heat until steak is cooked and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
What is sandwich steak cut?
We slice big, thin slices from the shoulder for our sandwich steak. Lean and deliciously tender, these are sure to please. They love a strong marinade and will maintain their beefy flavor. They cook quickly and are versatile. They can be used for any recipe that calls for thin-sliced steak.
What are thin slices of beef called?
Carpaccio meat is typically sliced very, very thin.
How long should I cook a thin steak?
Thin steaks (anything less than 1 1/2 inches thick) will cook very quickly; cook until meat is deeply browned, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Is it better to cook steak with butter or oil?
You should sear your steak in cooking oil, not butter. Butter has a low smoke point and will burn at the high heat you need to make steak that’s neatly crisp and golden brown on the outside, but tender and juicy on the inside.
Why is my steak tough and chewy?
An undercooked steak will be a little tough since all the fat has not be converted into flavors and the juice has not started to flow, hence the steak is tough and chewy. An overcooked steak on the other hand, will be tougher and chewier since heat erodes all the fats and juices, leaving it hard.
Does Philly cheesesteak have sauce?
For me, the bottom line is an authentic cheesesteak is devoid of sauce unless you are ordering a “pizza steak.” And that’s generally what you’ll find at any of the Philadelphia cheesesteak meccas such as Pat’s or Geno’s in South Philly or Jim’s Steaks on South Street, a place I’m fond of from my days living off of “Two
Best Shaved Steak Sandwich Recipe
When it comes to making the ultimate Philly Cheesesteak sandwich, what is the secret? A hearty mound of melted cheese and gooey, stringy, drippy meat — all heaped high on a buttery, toasted french bread — with caramelized onions, Worcestershire sauce, and plenty of flavor owing to the Worcestershire sauce. The best thing is that it is essentially a one-pan supper that can be prepared in 30 minutes! Meals that can be prepared in 30 minutes or less are among of my favorites, and this Best Cheesesteak Recipe can be prepared in 30 minutes!
You should try these recipes: Honey Bourbon Chicken, Healthy Mongolian Beef, Penne alla Vodka, and these delectableHomemade Sloppy Joes, among others.
The warm, delectable, rich and savory sandwich, with juices running down my chin and stringy cheese being bitten into mouthful after bite, is something I look forward to even in the sweltering heat of July.
What’s the difference between a Philly Cheesesteak and a Cheesesteak?
Great topic, I’m a Colorado gal who grew up on the west coast, and while I’ve been to Philadelphia, I haven’t had many Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches (which I regret). A little digging was required, and by digging, I mean perusing the internet to get the information.
- It’s called a Philly Cheesesteak because a long, crusty Italian roll holds thinly sliced, sautéed ribeye steak that is pouring with meat fluids and covered with melted cheese that looks like a disaster. It’s a big piece of equipment. It’s a straightforward process. And, oh, my, is it delectably delicious. When making authentic Philly Cheesesteaks, Cheez Whiz is the cheese of choice
- However, American and Provolone are frequent substitutes. (Source)
- As a result, anything that modifies the flavor, whether it’s cheese, other ingredients, or seasonings, turns it into a plain(but still flavorful and delicious)SteakCheese Sandwich
- However, this is not the case. Several Philadelphians have informed me that no self-respecting Philly native would ever order their Philly Cheesesteak with Cheez Whiz (that’s for tourists), and that it is instead served with White American cheese.
Authentic Philly Cheesesteak?
According to Philadelphians, it is impossible to prepare a genuine Philadelphia Cheese Steak sandwich without using an actual Philadelphia roll as a bread roll. They must be long and thin, neither fluffy or soft, but neither too firm nor too soft either. In addition, they claim that if you are more than an hour away from South Philadelphia, you will be unable to produce a genuine sandwich. Source Because this recipe is not legitimate, I have dubbed it simply “theBEST Cheesesteak recipe,” which is a misnomer because it truly is the best!
The original recipe comes from my wonderful and talented friend, Norine at Norine’s Nest, who you should definitely follow because not only is she a fantastic cook, but she’s also hilarious!
What Goes on a Traditional Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich?
- Sliced ribeye steak
- White American cheese (tourists often ask for Cheez Whiz, but provolone is also a welcome substitute)
- Shaved ribeye steak
- Shaved ribeye Season with salt and pepper and add pan juices. It is available with or without sautéed onions.
- Ingredients for a cheesesteak
- In a medium-sized pan, saute the onions in the butter until they are translucent. Before you cook the steak, season it with salt and pepper. Remove the onions and cook the steak in batches.
WHAT GOES IN A CHEESESTEAK SANDWICH?
- Seasoning salt
- Shredded beef, steak, or thinly sliced cube or round steak
- Butter (don’t criticize it, it adds a ton of flavor)
- Caramelized onions (swoon-worthy)
- Worcestershire sauce (LeaPerrins is gluten free)
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Cheese (our family is divided
- One person does not eat cheese, two people like pepper Jack, and I eat Provolone)
- Toasted sub buns
What Cut of Meat is the Best for Cheesesteak
The first time I attempted to make this dish, I was unable to get cube steak, so I substituted round steak, sliced as thinly as possible, and it turned out delicious anyway. In recent years, though, I’ve found Trader Joe’s sliced beef! It’s paper-thin, sensitive, and absolutely delectable. When using cube or round steak, roll it up and cover it in plastic wrap, then freeze it for 20 to 30 minutes. Then, using a sharpknife, slice it very thinly, trying to “chip” away at the steak with your fingers.
- If necessary, cook the steak in batches to expedite the process. Optional: add a few shakes of spicy sauce to taste. Stir in Worcestershire sauce until well combined, then bring the onions back in. Place appropriate quantity of cheese on top and melt it.
How to Make a Steak and Cheese Sandwich
- Cut the onion in half and then finely slice it
- A big skillet over medium heat (this is my favorite skillet!) should be preheated. Melt the butter in a saucepan until it becomes bubbling. Toss in the onions and cook until soft and caramel-colored, about 10 minutes. During this time period, season the shaved beef with seasoning salt
- Once the onions have caramelized, transfer them to a dish. Add another pat or two of butter to the pan and raise the heat to medium-high
- If feasible, arrange the beef in a single layer
- If this is not possible, work in batches. It’s a rapid sauté to brown the beef, and because the steak is thin, it cooks in a short amount of time. After a minute or two, turn around. As soon as the beef is browned, add the onions back to the pan and toss in the Worcestershire sauce and spicy sauce (if using). Place cheese on top of the meat and cover with a lid to allow the cheese to melt
- Grill or griddle the rolls until they are golden brown (and by desired I mean that you should do this part, after all this isn’t diet food!)
- Remove from heat and set aside. Serve on top of browned suborhoagierolls
- I’ve also used whole wheat suborhoagierolls to give myself the impression that it’s a little more nutritious. You can’t fault a girl for attempting
Can I Make ahead of time
This is a fantastic dish to offer on game day, when tailgating, or at a party. Prepare ahead of time as suggested above; place in a slow cooker and set to “warm” or bake in an oven set to 150-200 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Toss with toasted sub, hoagie, or slider buns before serving.
PhillySteak Sandwich Add-Ins
- When caramelizing onions, add sliced red, green, yellow, or orange peppers and sauté until soft and slightly browned. Sauté sliced mushrooms in butter
- Lighthouse Cotija Cilantro dressing, Ranch dressing, and Garlic Aioli are some of Norine’s favorite dressings to offer with her chicken. We eat ours “naked,” so to speak, because they are so juicy, tasty, satisfying, and savory
What’s the Difference between a Hoagie and a Sub Sandwich?
The difference in this case is that aHoagieuses is a tougher, stiffer roll, and instead of slicing it all the way through, it is stuffed with pork, cheese, and other ingredients. A sub sandwich, on the other hand, is often a soft roll that has been sliced all the way through. Then there are the grinders, the poor boy’s, and the heroes! Because I was born and reared on the west coast, they were all unfamiliar names to me when I first saw them when traveling to the east coast and the southern United States for the very first time.
So why let semantics get in the way of having a delectable meal?
You, too, will like these homemade Philly Cheesesteaks and they will become a family favorite!
- Famous Flank Steak Marinade
- Easy Cheese Enchiladas
- Shawarma Chicken Bowls
- Copycat Chipotle Chicken
- Caprese BLT Sandwich
- Famous Flank Steak Marinade
Don’t forget to PIN this recipe to your favorite Pinterest30 Minute Meals Board! Do you enjoy this recipe? Don’t forget to rate it by clicking on the star icon in the recipe below! Preparation time: ten minutes Preparation time: 15 minutes 25 minutes is the whole time allotted. This recipe for tender shaved beef steak sandwich is heaped high on a buttery, toasted french bread with caramelized onions, a sprinkling of Worcestershire sauce, and plenty of gooey, stringy, dripping cheese. The best thing is that it is essentially a one-pan supper that can be prepared in 30 minutes!
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium-sized onion, thinly sliced
- 12 cup Worcestershire sauce (LeaPerrin’s is gluten free)
- 2-3 pounds shaved beef (see notes for other alternatives)
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 2-3 pounds sliced beef (see comments for other options)
- A seasoning salt (such as Lawry’s), hot sauce (if desired), and other ingredients Cheese: 6-8 slices provolone, white cheddar, or pepper jack cheese
- 6 full French or Italian breads
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Toss sliced onions into a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter, and cook, stirring constantly, until soft and caramel colored, approximately 6-7 minutes total. Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside. Steak should be cut as thinly as possible (see notes) and season with seasoning salt, not too much, just a little sprinkle all over
- If steak has not been already sliced Then, in the same skillet over medium-high heat, add the butter and oil and cook the steak in as much of a single layer as possible, if it gets too crowded, cook it in two or three batches until done. Cook for 1-2 minutes on one side, then turn and cook on the other side for 1-2 minutes on the other side, which won’t take long
- Pour in Worcestershire sauce and, if desired, a few dashes of spicy sauce (we prefer Cholula), and simmer until the meat is browned (I slightly undercook it because it will continue to cook). Return the onions to the pan and toss in the meat, with all of the juicy juices
- Cook for another minute
- Remove from heat. Using the selected cheese pieces, place them on top of the meat and cover for one minute, or until the cheese is melted, gooey, and delicious. To prepare the sub rolls in the meantime, heat a griddle or another big pan over medium-high heat, apply a thin coating of butter on the cut side of the sub rolls, and set butter side down on the griddle, toasting until golden brown and delicious
- Make a cheesesteak and place it on top of the rolls
- Serve immediately.
THE BEST CUT OF BEEF| I purchase Trader Joe’s shaved fresh beef steak, which is cut paper thin and is great for this dish since it is tender and flavorful. Purchase cube, round, or standard steak and roll and wrap it in plastic wrap before freezing for 20-30 minutes. Then, using a sharp knife, slice the steak incredibly thin or cut it into chips to serve. Preparing this dinner ahead of time will save you time on game day, tailgating, or hosting a party. Prepare ahead of time as suggested above; place in a slow cooker and set to “warm” or bake in an oven set to 150-200 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
A variation of Norine’s Nest Pepper Jack Steak Sandwiches was used to create this dish.
Sandwiches for 6 people
1Serving Size (in grams): Calories:765 58 g of total fat 27 g of saturated fat 1 gram of trans fat 25g of unsaturated fat Cholesterol:195mg Sodium:776mg Carbohydrates:9g Fiber:0g Sugar:3g Protein:50g The nutritional information is approximated and may not be completely correct; at times, it pulls information for suggestions and possibilities, which may result in an increase in calories and other nutrients, as well as other complications.
The nutritional information will vary depending on the components used, the quantities utilized, and other factors.
Screaming Eagle Cheese-Steak Sub Recipe
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (or more to taste)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
For the sandwiches:
- Canola oil or another neutral cooking oil (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 big white onion, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut thin
- 1 large white onion, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- Taste and season with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to your liking
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 pound button mushrooms, cleaned and cut thin
- 1 tablespoon flour 6 equal-sized parts of 2 12 pound skirt steak
- 2 12 pounds skirt steak, sliced into 6 equal-size sections
- 8 to 10 inch submarine-shaped pieces of 8 to 10 inch sub rolls or Italian bread, sliced down the center
- 12 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, sliced thin
- 6 big sub rolls or Italian bread, cut into 6 submarine-shaped pieces of 8 to 10 inches, sliced down the middle
- Chipotle mayonnaise may be made by combining mayonnaise with minced peppers in a small mixing dish and stirring well. (Leftover sauce may be covered and kept in the refrigerator for up to a week without spoiling.)
- To assemble the sandwich toppings, start with the following: Griddle or big heavy frying pan (preferably cast iron) over medium heat until hot and lightly browned. Pour the oil into the pan and, when it begins to shimmer, add the onion and peppers, stirring constantly, until everything is well combined. Cook, turning occasionally, until they begin to soften and brown, around 15 to 20 minutes, depending on how large your pan is. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then remove from heat and put aside. Remove the pan from the heat, add butter, and repeat the process with the mushrooms. Cook for about 6 minutes, or until the vegetables have released their juices and are tender and glazed. Remove the item and place it aside
- To prepare steaks, follow these steps: Heat a griddle or a frying pan over high heat until it is almost smoking, but not quite. Season the meat well with salt and pepper to taste. Preheat the griddle to medium heat and cook the steaks for 3 minutes each side, or until nicely browned but still very rare, working in batches if required. Transfer to a serving tray and let aside for a few minutes. To assemble sandwiches, follow these steps: Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit. As soon as the steaks are done, slice them as thinly as possible against the grain to make them look as good as they taste. Heat the sub rolls in the oven until they are heated. Return the sliced steaks to the griddle or frying pan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the onions, peppers, and mushrooms are soft. Stir until everything is well combined, then reduce heat to low and top with sliced cheese. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring and pulling to mix the ingredients as the cheese melts, using tongs and a wide spatula To be of service: Take the rolls out of the oven and apply chipotle mayonnaise on the inside of each serve before serving. Combine meat, veggies, and cheese in each sub to make a satisfying sandwich. Serve as soon as possible
Steak Bomb Sandwich
One of the most mouthwatering steak and cheese sandwiches you’ll ever taste, a Steak Bomb Sandwich is sure to impress even the pickiest eater!
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER! When it comes to cooking, my husband Jack can be a little over the top at times, which I find hilarious. And in the case of this Steak Bomb Sandwich, that’s a very, very good thing indeed.
What is a Steak Bomb Sandwich?
Known as a Steak Bomb Sandwich, it is a shaved steak sub or sandwich that is hot and sloppy, prepared with melted provolone cheese, sautéed onions, sautéed green peppers, and mushrooms. It’s effectively ‘the bomb’ (which is to say it’s really, extremely tasty), which is how the term came about. It is claimed that the Steak Bomb Sandwich got its start in New Haven, Connecticut, at a burger restaurant named Louis’ Lunch, according to one school of thought. Aside from that, Louis’ Lunch also claims to have developed the hamburger in the early 1900s.) However, because the Steak Bomb Sandwich is so well-known throughout New England, several other sub businesses have attempted to claim it as their own creation.
And USA Subs in Derry, New Hampshire went so far as to register the name as a trademark — all in the sake of getting a leg up on their local competitors!
In addition, most sub businesses in New England allow you to choose whether you want it with or without ‘hots’ (hot pepper relish).
How do you make a Steak Bomb Sandwich?
Our Steak Bomb Sandwich is made out of soft shaved steak, melted provolone cheese, caramelized onions and peppers, and mushrooms that have been sautéed in bourbon, as well as our own roasted garlic aioli spread on top of the roll. (Don’t you just want to grab a taste of this right now?) For this dish, you may just use your favorite sandwich or sub bun. If you live in New England, we recommend using ‘bulkie rolls’ from the Rhode Island-based Calise Bakery (they are the greatest! ), but any Kaiser, hoagie, sub, grinder, or soft crusty sandwich bun will serve, as long as it can withstand the juicy filling in this loaded beef and cheese sub.
What kind of steak do you use when making a Steak Bomb Sandwich?
However, a good-quality shaved ribeye steak is traditionally used in the Steak Bomb Sandwich, which may be found at some sandwich shops (and easier to eat). Purchase pre-shaved steak at the grocery store or from your butcher without feeling self-conscious about it. Hand slicing ribeye steak thin enough for this sort of sandwich is out of reach for the majority of home cooks (including ourselves) (unless you happen to own a meat slicer). Just make sure to use shaved steak rather than pre-ground steak that has been made into strips, since this is not the soft cut of beef that you want to use when preparing this Steak Bomb Sandwich.
This piece first published on A Family Feast in March 2013, and has since been updated.
Here are some additional sandwich recipes you might like to try:
- Slow Cooker Italian Beef Subs
- Grilled Cheese Club Sandwich
- Grilled Chicken Club with Rosemary Aioli
- Pepper Pig Breakfast Sandwich
- Meatball Subs
- 1 large peeled onion, sliced into five thick slices
- 2 large green bell peppers, chopped into long thick slices
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced into five thick slices
- A bag of 112 ounces button mushrooms 15 cup Bourbon
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Few grinds of pepper
- 5 tablespoonsbutter, separated
- 5 tablespoonsextra virgin olive oil, separated
- 12 ounce packages* of shaved steak
- 14 pound sliced provolone cheese (8 slices)
- 1 1/2 pounds shaved steak (two 12 ounce packages)* Bulkie or sub rolls are a type of roll that is made in bulk. Aioli with Roasted Garlic
- Melt one tablespoon of butter and one tablespoon of olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat until the butter is melted. Place the onion and pepper slices in the pan and cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes, tossing and flipping regularly, until the onions and peppers are browned and caramelized. Stir in a sprinkle of salt, a few grinds of pepper, and a generous amount of sugar until everything is well-combined. Cook for another 5 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally. Using one tablespoon of butter and one tablespoon of oil, heat a large pan over high heat while the onions are frying. Remove from heat and set aside. (The mushrooms will be cooked in two batches to ensure even cooking.) Once the butter mixture is heated, add half of the mushrooms and swirl to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then turn each slice over and cook for another 2 minutes more before transferring to a bowl. Repeat the process with one tablespoon of oil and butter and the second half of the mushrooms
- After the second batch of mushrooms is through cooking, combine the first batch with the second batch and remove the pan from the heat. Place the bourbon in a small bowl and slowly return the pan to the flame. The alcohol should be burned out when the mixture has erupted in flames. Cooked mushrooms are added after the peppers and onions have been cooked
- Season with salt and pepper before removing from heat. One tablespoon of olive oil and one tablespoon of butter are added to a large pan or flat griddle over medium high heat and heated through. Add half of the steak and, using two wooden spoons or tongs, pull the steak apart and turn it over, cooking for another 2-3 minutes, or until it is cooked through. Season with a little extra salt and pepper if desired. Remove the meat to the pan with the peppers and onions
- Add the remaining oil and butter and cook the remaining steak until it is cooked through
- Transfer the beef to the other pan
- Stir the mixture around and heat until it is hot. Make four huge heaps and add provolone slices over each pile, covering the pan to allow the cheese to melt, which should take approximately a minute. To make a bulkie roll or a sub roll, spread roasted garlic aiolion sauce it. Slide a spoonful of the steak and cheese mixture onto each roll using a spatula, and serve immediately. We served ours with Roasted French-Style Potatoes, which were delicious.
I’ve discovered that there are significant variations in what merchants refer to as shaved steak. Most of the time, what you’ll get in the market is steak that has been shaved from a frozen block of beef scrap bits. They assemble the leftovers into a square form, freeze it, and then slice it into paper-thin slices. After the meat has thawed, you’ll be left with a lot of weepy, tough bits of flesh.
According to my view, the best choice for shaved steak is to get a rib eye and have it shaved by your butcher. It cooks up in a short amount of time and is quite soft and tasty. Steak bomb sandwich, steak sub, steak sandwich PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER! Here are some of our older photographs:
Meet The Author:Martha
Martha is a member of the husband-and-wife duo that is responsible for the creation of A Family Feast. She enjoys cooking and entertaining for family and friends, and she feels that delivering a delicious meal is one of the most effective ways to demonstrate your affection for someone. Martha is a self-taught home cook who enjoys reading cookbooks and experimenting with new dishes. After a successful business and internet marketing career spanning more than two decades, she now devotes her whole time to A Family Feast.
Easy Philly Cheesesteaks with Shaved Beef
Are you seeking for a tasty, genuine, and simple Philly Cheesesteak that you can whip up in about 30 minutes? If this is the case, you’ve arrived to the correct spot! As someone who was born and bred in the Philadelphia region, I understand the value of a good cheesesteak. And this meal is a good fit for the occasion. Please keep in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate connections for Amazon. This means that if you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, we will get a profit on your purchase.
What is an Authentic Philly Cheesesteak?
A basic Philly cheesesteak consists of the following ingredients: meat (ribeye), onions, and cheese (provolone, American cheese orCheese Whiz). In addition, it’s rather typical to top a cheesesteak with sautéed mushrooms and/or peppers before serving. Pats King of Steaks, Geno’s Steaks, and Jim’s Steaks are three of the most well-known venues to get a genuine Philly cheesesteak, and they are all located in South Philadelphia. I can speak from personal experience on this subject! This list of tourist attractions is the finest place to go if you want delicate steak coated in melty cheese and caramelized onions served on a gently toasted Hoagie sandwich.
However, the good news is that you can create one at home that is just as wonderful as the genuine one!
Why Shaved Beef Steak?
We chose Shaved Beef Steak for our cheesesteaks since it was the most affordable option. Because this meat had already been chopped and wrapped, I had far less labor to do. Although it cooked rapidly, it was still pretty soft, and it blended well with the cheese and onions when it was served. We particularly enjoyDiLuigi’s Shaved Beef Steak, and we’ve heard thatOld Neighborhoodshaved beefis also a fantastic option. Check out this New York Times article about shaved beef for additional information and intriguing trivia about shaved beef.
How to Make Easy Philly Cheesesteaks
You’ll only need one pan to prepare these cheesesteaks, which means they’ll be ready in less than 30 minutes. The situation doesn’t get any better than this! The amount of chopping required for this dish is modest. As a result, the prep labor is basically only a matter of mixing components together.
Observations on the Ingredients:
- A white or yellow onion is excellent for the vegetables
- You can also add sliced mushrooms and/or bell peppers to the pan if you choose. When it comes to meat, shaved beef is the way to go. Using pre-sliced beef (such as one that is 1/16″ to 1/8″ thick) makes it simpler to separate the meat in the pan and reduces cooking time. This is the cut you want for a cheesesteak. Long, thin rolls of bread are the most effective. American and plain old Cheese Whiz are both excellent choices for a cheesesteak
- Provolone is my preferred cheese, but American and plain old Cheese Whiz are both excellent choices as well. Chips are completely optional, however we recommend Utz Ripples Original Potato Chips.
To begin, sauté the onions until they are caramelized. After that, place the mixture in a small basin and keep it for later. Note: While most cheesesteak aficionados want their onions sliced, my finicky eaters preferred them finely chopped, so we did the same. Children’s Step: Spread the olive oil on the pan using an abasting brush. My kid enjoys doing this since it “feels like painting” to her.
Additionally, children may use goggles to slice and chop onions! Goggles will keep tears from forming in the eyes of small children. The Curious Chef Knife Set, the Opinel Knife, and the Made for Me Beginner’s Knife are some of our favorite kids tools.
STEP 2: Cook shaved beef
Cook the shaved beef until it is done, seasoning it with salt and pepper. While the meat is cooking, use a spatula or two wooden spoons to carefully peel the shaved beef apart.
STEP 3: Prepare rolls
Slice the hoagie lengthwise, but avoid chopping it apart completely. Using a pastry brush, coat the interior of each half with butter. Children’s Step: Spread butter on the rolls. This is a simple assignment for children of all ages.
STEP 4: Assemble cheesesteaks!
Finally, in your pan, separate the meat into two parts (or more depending on how many rolls you have). Reintroduce the onion into the beef mixture. Cheese should be placed on top of each slice of meat, and the roll should be placed face down on top of the cheese. Once the cheese has melted, use one or two spatulas to carefully turn the sandwich over onto a dish and repeat the process. Children’s Step: Spread the cheese on top of the shaved beef. The melting cheese into the meat in the pan will be a hit with the little ones.
What is the best type of meat to use for Philly Cheesesteaks? Philly Cheesesteaks are often made with ribeye steak, which is the most common cut of beef. The flesh turns out to be pretty soft and tasty, however it might be difficult to slice the meat thinly enough. Steaks such as Sirloin or Flank Steak are other popular choices. Whatever you pick, I strongly advise you to ask your butcher to slice your meat as thinly as possible in order to save you time in the kitchen afterwards. We chose Shaved Beef Steak for our cheesesteaks since it was the most affordable option.
- In that case, if you’re chopping your own meat (particularly Ribeye or a heavier piece of beef), Saveur offers some excellent suggestions on how to cut steak paper thin.
- Then, once the meat is solid, he suggests thinly slicing it against the grain once it has cooled.
- People have varying perspectives on this, and it may be a highly personal issue.
- Provolone cheese is my preferred choice because of its mild flavor and the way it melts and combines with the meat in our cheesesteaks.
- Provolone, American cheese, and Cheese Whiz are the cheeses that are most frequently requested.
- You could refer to these sandwiches as subs, submarines, grinders, or heroes depending on where you’re from in the world.
- A hoagie bun is a must-have for a Philly cheesesteak, and Amoroso’sis the famed Italian bakery known for making the best bread on the planet.
The rolls we used to make our Philly cheesesteaks were long, chewy, soft and thick enough to carry our hot, steaming meat and cheese combination while still being light on their feet.
What exactly goes into a traditional cheesesteak?
My sister, on the other hand, prefers a chicken cheesesteak (which some people consider sacrilege – hehe) with mushrooms and additional cheese.
Follow your heart and do what your family enjoys!
In addition to the classic American steak, other cheesesteak versions include the pepper cheese steak, mushroom cheesesteak, and Pizza Steak, among others.
The following are examples of cheesesteaks: steak with American cheese, cheesesteak with sautéed bell pepper slices, cheesesteak with sautéed mushrooms, and a steak with provolone and marinara sauce, respectively (sometimes peppers too).
What Sides Go with Philly Cheesesteaks?
We served our cheesesteaks with the famed Utz Ripples Original Potato Chips from Pennsylvania, although fries and onion rings are also popular side dishes. If you’re searching for a potato side dish, these ShakeBake Parmesan Sweet Potato Fries are a fantastic choice. With your cheesesteak, our Microwave “Baked Potato” for Kidswould also be a great accompaniment! A simple garden salad is a certain way to keep things as healthy as possible. Our Three Bean Salad and Bowtie Pasta Salad are additional favorites.
Modify Cheesesteaks for Picky Eaters
Choose toppings that your children will enjoy and “kidify” the dish for your finicky eaters. Mushrooms, peppers, ketchup, and mustard are all included. Kids are free to customize their cheesesteaks as they like! Change change the cheese a little bit! While we enjoy Provolone on our cheesesteaks, other people don’t. However, various types of cheese, such as American or Cheese Whiz, work well in this recipe. Allow the children to select a side dish. Fries, chips, or a simple salad are all excellent accompaniments to cheesesteaks.
Craft For Easy Philly Cheesesteaks:
DIY Coin Bank that is both adorable and functional. This beautiful DIY coin bank is the perfect place to save your money! With this adorable and straightforward cow-themed piggy bank, you can keep track of your coins!
More Sandwiches to Try:
You don’t have to travel to Philadelphia to enjoy a cheesesteak! Make the genuine deal at home with our scrumptious Easy Philly Cheesesteaks recipe, which can be prepared in ONE PAN. Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 13 minutes Time allotted: 28 minutes Dinner, lunch, and the main course are included. Cuisine:American Servings:4sandwiches
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided, or a few sprays of cooking spray)
- 1 big onion, cut or chopped
- 1 pound shaved beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hoagie buns
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4-6 slices provolone cheese
- 4 hoagie rolls
- Cooking pan or griddle over medium heat, coated with 1 tablespoon olive oil or sprayed with cooking spray. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the onions are browned or even caramelized, depending on your preference. Remove the onions from the pan and place them in a small bowl
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil (or cooking spray). Season with salt and pepper after adding the shaved beef. Prepare beef by carefully pulling it apart with a spatula or two wooden spoons and cooking it until it is no longer pink. In a separate bowl, combine the onions. Slice the hoagie buns lengthwise without entirely separating them. Using a pastry brush, coat the interior of each half with butter. Depending on how many rolls you’re making, divide the meat into parts in your skillet. 1-2 pieces of cheese should be placed on top of each layer of meat. Then, place the open side of the roll face down on top of the cheesemeat for 1-2 minutes, or until the butter and cheese have melted, depending on your preference. One or two spatulas can be used to carefully flip the meat over and roll it onto a platter. Cheesesteaks should be served with a side of your choosing.
- It’s time to eat. cheesesteaks should be served with a side of your choosing
- For these cheesesteaks, the ideal meat to use is shaved beef. Assemble your cheesesteak in the pan by placing it upside down. Toss the completed cheesesteaks onto a dish with a spatula or two and serve immediately.
Serving:1sandwich Calories: 599.5 kilocalories (30 percent ) 35.66 grams of carbohydrates (12 percent ) 33.46 g of protein (67 percent ) 36 g of fat (55 percent ) 14.96 g of saturated fat (94 percent ) 1.88 g of polyunsaturated fatty acids 15.67 g of monounsaturated fat Fatty Acid Trans:0.23g Cholesterol: 97.33 milligrams (32 percent ) Sodium: 1150.57 milligrams (50 percent ) Potassium: 375.47 milligrams (11 percent ) 1.59 g of dietary fiber (7 percent ) 5.61 g of sugar (6 percent ) Vitamin A: 361.06 International Units (7 percent ) Vitamin C (ascorbic acid): 2.04mg (2 percent ) Calcium: 167.51 milligrams (17 percent ) 12.83 milligrams of iron (71 percent ) Dietary guidelines for a 2000-calorie diet are used to calculate percent daily values.
While we are not professional nutritionists, we use a nutrition API that is integrated into WordPress to compute the nutritional values of our recipes’ ingredients.
Hankering for Some Steak and Cheese Sandwiches?
|Nutrition Facts(per serving)|
Display the Complete Nutrition Label Hide the entire nutrition label
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Saturated Fat 22g||110%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Vitamin C 42mg||210%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Nutrition information is generated using an ingredient database and should be regarded as an educated guess at this time. Fantastic shaved steak sandwiches topped with onions, peppers, and melty cheddar cheese are a delicious lunch or dinner option. These sandwiches are a quick and easy dinner option for those weeknights after a long and stressful day at work. They are simple to prepare and cook, and can be on the table in less than 30 minutes. Prepare ahead of time and have some handmade hoagie buns on hand for the ultimate sandwich—or use your favorite sturdy store-bought brand—for the ultimate sandwich.
You can use standard mayonnaise for this, but a spiced-upchipotle mayonnaise would be delicious as well. Potato salad, chips, or French fries, as well as sliced tomatoes and pickles, are excellent accompaniments to these delicious sandwiches.
- 1 medium onion, half and sliced
- 1 bell pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1 medium tomato, split and sliced Shaved steak, or extremely thinly cut steak, 1 pound (1 pound) Kosher salt, according to personal preference
- Peppercorns, freshly ground black, to taste 4 sub rolls, lightly toasted
- 2tablespoonsmayonnaise (mayonnaise of choice, such as chipotle mayonnaise)
- 4 slices mild cheddar cheese
- Assemble all of the materials
- In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat until melted. Cook the chopped onion and pepper in a little water until they are wilted. Set aside the steak on a dish while you heat the remaining butter and add it to the pan. Cook, stirring constantly, for approximately 2 minutes, or until the meat is cooked to your liking. Don’t overcook the food. Season with salt and pepper to your liking. Preheat the broiler and arrange the bottoms of the sub rolls on a baking sheet. Mayonnaise should be spread on top. Place the steak on the rolls in an equal layer and top with the onions and peppers that have been cooked. Place a piece of cheese on top of each and place them under the broiler just until the cheese is melted.
- Instead of shaved steak, you may use partially frozen, good-quality, well-marbled steak that has been cut as thinly as possible. When half frozen, it will be simpler to cut into slices.
- To make it more filling, add some extra fixings like sautéed mushrooms, roasted red peppers, or delicious fried banana peppers
- Replace the provolone with provolone, pepper jack with pepper jack, American with Swiss, or anything your heart wants
Glass Bakeware Warning
Glass bakeware should not be used when broiling or when a recipe asks for adding liquid to a hot pan due to the risk of it exploding. Even if the product is labeled as oven safe or heat resistant, tempered glass items can and do shatter on occasion, despite these claims.
How to Store Steak and Cheese Sandwiches
If you have any leftover sandwiches for any reason, wrap them securely in butcher paper or aluminum foil and store them in the refrigerator for up to a day. Reheat in the oven (approximately 350 degrees Fahrenheit) for about 10 minutes, or until the mixture is hot. Rate This Recipe is a must-try. This does not sit well with me. It’s hardly the worst case scenario. Yes, this will suffice. I’m a fan, and I’d suggest it. Amazing! It’s fantastic! Thank you for your feedback!
Philly Cheesesteak Recipe (VIDEO)
Served on a toasted garlic butter hoagie bread, the Philly Cheesesteak is made with juicy ribeye steak, melted gooey provolone cheese, and caramelized onions. This is the traditional method of preparing a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich! Creating restaurant-quality sandwiches, such as French Dip and Burgers, is something we really like doing! This Cheesesteak dish is much simpler to make than you would imagine. Watch the video instruction below and you’ll see why everyone is so excited about this product.
Please review my disclosure policy.
What is a Philly Cheesesteak?
In the United States, the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich is constructed with ultra-thin slices of ribeye steak topped with caramelized onions and provolone cheese. That basic combo is the original classic, which became famous on the East Coast due to its accessibility. However, while the Philly Cheesesteak has been adapted on the West Coast to add bell peppers and mushrooms, a real “Philly” consists solely of steak, onion, and cheese, all served over a bun.
Which Cut of Beef Should I Use?
The ribeye steak is the preferred cut of meat for Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches. When cooked, it has a lot of marbling and is quite soft. Flank steak is another cut that we have utilized with excellent results. It is lean yet extremely soft when cut against the grain. If you are using flank steak, you will need to use a bit more oil on your frying surface.
The Best Cheese for Philly Cheesesteak:
Mild provolone is the most often consumed cheese. We’ve tried a number of different provolone brands, and the only one that didn’t work for us was the “aged” provolone from Costco. This dish was overpowered by the flavor of old provolone cheese. Among the other options is white American cheese, which is quite popular. Some restaurants in Philadelphia use a cheese that is similar to Velveeta, but we prefer provolone cheese the most.
Pro-Tips for Thinly Slicing Beef:
When it comes to making a perfect cheesesteak, ultra-thinly cut bits of beef are essential. Cover and freeze your steak for 30-40 minutes to make slicing it much simpler (freeze a thicker steak for 40 minutes and a thinner steak for 30 minutes). Using a sharp knife, thinly slice the meat against the grain after trimming away any extra fat and silver skin (if present).
Watch Natasha describe how to do this in the video instruction included below. Time-saving tip: Have the butcher slice your meat very thinly to save time. Preparing the steak in advance will allow them to store it in the freezer while you go shopping, allowing them to obtain those paper-thin slices.
How to Make Philly Cheesesteak:
This is one of our quickest sandwich recipes, requiring little preparation and even less cooking time. It’s a 30-minute dinner, total. This dish may be prepared on the stovetop, a flat cooktop, or a griddle.
- Prepare the hoagie buns by buttering them, dicing the onion, and thinly slicing the meat. Remove the onions once they have been sautéed. Cook the steak until it is cooked thoroughly, then put the onions back in. Divide the mixture into four parts and top each with two slices of cheese. Cover with buns and use a spatula to scrape the mixture into the buns
Creative Ways to Serve Philly Cheesesteak:
You can serve this mixture in a variety of creative ways, including some wonderful keto (low carb) Philly Cheese Steak options if you’re craving that meaty cheese filling but don’t want to use a bread.
- Pasta that has been overcooked or pasta that has been packed into shells Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- (Low Carb) Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Bell Peppers
- (Low Carb) Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- (Low Carb) Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
More Top-Rated Sandwich Recipes:
- Make breakfast sandwiches that can be stored in the freezer. Sandwich with Salami and Cream Cheese– a great meal on the run. Chick-fil-A Chicken Bacon Avocado Sandwich–a restaurant knockoff Picky eaters will like these Chicken Sandwich Melts.
Watch Natasha Make Philly Cheesesteak:
If you enjoyed our Philly Cheesesteak video instruction, consider becoming one of the hundreds of thousands of people who subscribe to our YouTube Channel. If you click on the bell symbol, you will be the first to know when a new video is posted. THANK YOU for subscribing to our newsletter!
Preparation time: 15 minutes Preparation time: 13 minutes Time allotted: 28 minutes Served on a toasted garlic butter hoagie bread, this Philly Cheesesteak is made with juicy ribeye steak, melted gooey provolone cheese, and caramelized onions. Natasha Kravchuk is a Ukrainian actress. Easy to learn skills Making it will cost you between $13 and $16. Philly cheesesteak is the keyword here. Cuisine:American The Main Course is the first course in the sequence. Calories:732 Servings:4people
- 1-pound ribeye steak, trimmed and thinly sliced*
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to your liking 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste sweet onion, chopped (a big one)
- 8 slices mild provolone cheese (not old provolone)
- 4 hoagie rolls, cut 3/4 of the way through
- 2 tablespoons melted salted butter
- 4 to 6 tablespoons mayonnaise, depending to taste
- 1 garlic clove, squeezed
- Using a serrated knife, cut hoagie rolls in half and then in thirds again. Chop the onions and finely slice the meat. In a small mixing dish, combine 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1 garlic clove that has been squeezed. Garlic butter should be spread on the cut sides of four hoagie rolls. Using a large pan, flat stovetop, or griddle, toast the buns on medium heat until golden brown, then set them aside to cool. Cook the chopped onions in 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet or on the stovetop until they are caramelized, then transfer to a bowl. Increase the heat to high and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Spread the thinly sliced steak in an equal layer on the baking sheet. Remove from heat and allow to brown for a couple of minutes, then turn and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Cook until the meat is thoroughly cooked through, then add the caramelized onions and mix well. Distribute the meat into four equal chunks and top each with two slices of cheese before turning off the heat to allow the cheese to melt without overcooking the meat. On the toasted side of each bun, spread a thin coating of mayonnaise on it. To make the sandwiches, work with one piece at at time, placing a toasted bread over each piece and use an aspatula to scrape the cheesy beef into the bun as you turn it over. Serve when still heated.
*To make slicing your steak simpler, wrap it in plastic wrap and freeze it for 30-40 minutes (freeze a thicker steak 40 min and a thinner steak 30 min). Nutritional Values Philly CheesesteakAmount Per Serving Calories732Calories from Fat 396 percent Daily Value* Amount Per Serving Calories per Serving Fat44g68 percent Saturated fat21g131 percent Cholesterol126mg Fat44g68 percent Sodium (1184mg): 42 percent Potassium (480mg) and carbohydrates (40g) account for 51% of the total. 2g of fiber (13 percent) 8 percent of the total sugar is 9 grams.
Iron13mg72 percent Iron45 percent Iron13mg72 percent * A 2000-calorie diet is used to calculate the percent Daily Values (%DV).
Use the hashtag to identify them.
Hello and welcome to my kitchen! Natasha’s Kitchen is my personal blog, and I am the author of the book Natasha’s Kitchen Cookbook (since 2009). My husband and I operate this site together, and we only share the recipes that have been tried and proven in our own homes with you. Thank you for taking the time to visit! We are overjoyed that you have arrived. Continue reading more posts by Natasha.
How to cook shaved steak? – Kitchen
The ribeye steak is the preferred cut of meat for Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches. When cooked, it has a lot of marbling and is quite soft. Flank steak is another cut that we have utilized with excellent results. It is lean yet extremely soft when cut against the grain. If you are using flank steak, you will need to use a bit more oil on your frying surface.
How do you make steak sandwiches?
Sandwich with Steak Thinly slice the meat to make thin strips. Preheat a cast-iron skillet sprayed with cooking spray to high heat. Half-ring the onion once it has been peeled.
Baguette should be sliced lengthwise and herb butter should be smeared on both sides of the bread. Cook under the broiler for 2 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and melted, while keeping the sandwich open. Serve immediately while the dish is still heated.
What do you call thinly sliced beef?
Salad de Boeuf Bourguignon thin pieces of steak from the steakhouse High heat should be set for an oiled skillet. Omit the half rings of onion. Baguette should be sliced lengthwise, and herb butter should be smeared on both sides of the bread before serving. Cook under the broiler for 2 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and melted, while keeping the sandwich open. Make sure to serve as soon as possible while the dish is still hot.
What kind of meat is steak Umm?
100 percent Angus Beef tenderloins are used to ensure the best possible juiciness, taste, and. everything! Cowabunga!
What is a shaved steak?
A trick question, because shaved steak — handkerchief-thin slices of beef sliced against the grain — may be sourced from any area of the animal while remaining tender. If you compare Dickson’s shaved steak to a boneless New York strip that costs $25 per pound, it’s a steal at $9 per pound.
Where can I buy a shaved ribeye?
Shop for Beef Ribeye Shaved Steak at Walmart.com (0.35-2.0 lb). Walmart.com is a retailer that sells goods and services to consumers.
What cut is sandwich steak?
Shop for Beef Ribeye Shaved Steak at Walmart.com (0.35-0.80 lb). Walmart.com is a retailer that sells goods and services online.
How does Gordon Ramsay make a steak sandwich?
Ingredients Olive oil, which will be used for frying. 700g of fillet of Boeuf Bourguignon 1 entire head of garlic, halved horizontally, peeled and chopped 3–4 thyme sprigs (optional). Butter. 1 head of baby gem lettuce, to be used as a garnish.
How do I cook the perfect thin steak?
If you’re cooking in a small space, use two pans or cook the steaks in batches. Thin steaks (anything less than 1 1/2 inches thick) will cook in a short amount of time; heat until the meat is well browned on both sides, about 3 minutes each side for medium rare.
What’s the best steak to barbecue?
The Top 10 Best Steaks for Grilling Ribeye (in no particular order). Striploin. Mignon filet mignon (filet mignon) T-Bone. Porterhouse. Flat iron is a kind of iron that is flat on one side and concave on the other. Top Sirloin Steak. Tenderloin Flank Steak
How do you cook a thin steak in a cast iron skillet?
Instructions for Cooking a Steak in an Iron Skillet on a Gas Stove Take the steak out of the refrigerator 15 to 30 minutes before cooking it to prevent it from becoming tough. Using an oil mister or a brush, apply a thin layer of oil on both sides of the steak to seal in the flavor. Season both sides of the steak with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, and set aside. To heat the pan, turn the burner or heating element up to high and leave it for 3 to 5 minutes.
Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
Instructions for Cooking a Steak in an Iron Skillet on a Stove Top Allow 15 to 30 minutes before grilling the meat to allow for re-hydration. Using an oil mister or a brush, apply a thin layer of oil on both sides of the steak. Using salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, season the steaks on both sides. For 3 to 5 minutes, turn on the burner or heating element to its highest setting and heat the pan.
How do you make Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches?
The first step in preparing excellent Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches is to use the appropriate cut of meat (skirt steak), and to cut it properly after that. If you want to make this dish, you freeze the raw steak first, then shave it into thin, little pieces before cooking it. The addition of American cheese. yeah, good ‘ol processed American cheese. is the next fundamental requirement for successful outcomes. Trying to substitute anything else will result in a taste that is not the same.
- After the steak is browned in a skillet, the cheese is melted into it and the combination is stacked into toasted bread, the dish is finished.
- I cut them in half, cover them in aluminum foil, and place them in the oven to keep them warm until we are ready to eat.
- My husband like onions and peppers on his cheese steak sandwiches, so I cook some onions and peppers for him in a skillet before serving him (totally optional).
- but after tasting them, he agreed that they were pretty darn close to the cheese steaks he gets in Philly.
They are adored by everyone. Yahoo! If you like these, you might also likeCajun Cheese Steak Sandwiches andSlow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches, all of which are easy to make. In addition to grilled Reuben sandwiches, oven baked chicken parmesan sandwiches are other fantastic options.
Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
A great imitation version of Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches (not original, but still a fantastic meal!)
Preparation Time: 45 minutes Cooking Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 1hr10mins Chill Time: 1hr10mins The Main Course is the first course in the sequence. Cuisine:American Philly cheese steak, philly cheese steak sandwiches, philly cheese steak sandwiches Servings:4sandwiches Calories:818kcal
- 4 soft Italian sub buns (8 inches in diameter)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 2 pounds skirt steak (do not substitute any other sort! )
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 8 slices (8 ounces) American cheese, 1/2 teaspoon oil
- If necessary, trim any excess fat from the meat. Cut the steak into 3-inch-wide strips by slicing it horizontally and against the grain. Place the steak on a big platter and freeze for 1 hour, or until it is extremely hard. Make as thin a slice of frozen steak as possible by slicing it against the grain with a sharp knife. Chop roughly with your knife, perhaps 10 to 20 times, after piling the meat on a chopping board. Preheat the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit with the oven rack in the middle position. Split the rolls open and put them out on a baking sheet, toasting them for 5 to 10 minutes, or until they are gently browned. Using a 12-inch nonstick pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over high heat until it is just smoking. Cook, without moving, until the meat is nicely browned, about 4 to 5 minutes after adding half of the meat in an equal layer. Cook, stirring constantly, until the flesh is no longer pink, 1 to 2 minutes longer
- Transfer the meat to a strainer to drain the excess liquid. With paper towels, wipe the pan clean, then add 1 tablespoon oil and the chopped meat again. Return the skillet to medium heat after it has been emptied. Remove the excess liquid from the meat, return it to the skillet, and season it with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook until the flesh is no longer pink. Prepare the meat, stirring frequently, until it is heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, sprinkle with Parmesan, and arrange American cheese on top of the meat. Allow for the melting of the cheeses, which should take around 2 minutes. Fold the melted cheese into the meat until it is completely incorporated. Distribute the mixture among the toasted bread in an equal layer and serve.
- Additions of onions and peppers are shown in the last photo of this post (optional). I finely sliced a sweet onion and cooked it in a little oil with a thinly sliced green bell pepper until the onions were translucent
Serving:1sandwich, Calories:818kcal,Carbohydrates:34g,Protein:67g,Fat:45g, Saturated fat:23g, cholesterol:205mg, sodium:1775mg, potassium:737mg, fiber:1g, sugar:5g, vitamin A:610IU, calcium:682mg, iron:15mg, sodium:1775mg, potassium:737mg