What is the best meat for BBQ Beef?
- When grilling beef, the cuts that make the best BBQ meat are the most tender portions. Look for rib eye and porterhouse steaks, as well as the classic t-bone and strip steaks. Meat cut from the tenderloin, such as filet mignon, is the most tender, but also the most expensive. Avoid skirt steaks or flank steaks.
What kind of meat is used for chopped beef?
I think a chopped sirloin steak is the best way to go because you can ensure that it comes from a good cut of beef, the sirloin, and it’s got a nice combo of lean to fat which and is usually 90/10. The lean-to fat ratios are just that, the 90 means 90% of the ground meat is lean and 10% of it is fat.
What meat do you use for barbecue?
Traditionally, beef and pork cuts are most common, but poultry (chicken and turkey) is widely prepared, and lamb and goat are regional favorites. Barbecue has its roots in using tougher, less valuable cuts of meats although today some barbecue establishments even cook prime rib as one of the menu items.
What is BBQ beef made of?
Chuck roast is a very common cut for juicy, tender shredded barbecue beef in the oven, but you can also use a brisket or a round roast. A boneless chuck roast (or a bone-in chuck roast, if you can find it) is my first choice because it has great marbling, making the roast tender and juicy when braised.
What goes on a chopped BBQ sandwich?
Chopped beef sandwiches are not only found at football games, but they’re also found at most Texan barbecue joints, rodeos and local fairs, too. It’s a simple sandwich, as it’s just finely chopped brisket tossed in sauce and then stacked tall on a soft bun with pickles, onions and jalapeños.
How do you BBQ for beginners?
13 Pro Tips Every Beginner Barbecuer Should Know
- Identify hot spots on your gas or pellet grill. Preheat your gas grill to medium.
- Go to the dark side.
- Fish without fear.
- Use your thumbs for Instagram-worthy burgers.
- Don’t run out of fuel.
- Arrange the food like a professional.
- For perfect kebabs…
- Know when it’s done.
How do I make BBQ meat tender?
8 Simple Ways to Make Tough Meat Tender
- Physically tenderize the meat.
- Use a marinade.
- Don’t forget the salt.
- Let it come up to room temperature.
- Cook it low-and-slow.
- Hit the right internal temperature.
- Rest your meat.
- Slice against the grain.
What should you cook first on a BBQ?
Putting on meat when you’ve first lit the barbecue will lead to scorched outsides and raw insides. Aside from steaks or quick cooking chops, everything else (like sausages and chicken drumsticks) are best put on when the flames have died down and the embers are white.
What is the best beef for barbecue?
Best Beef Cuts for Grilling
- Chuck Eye Steak (Delmonico) A low-cost alternative to the Rib Eye Steak.
- Ranch Steak. Affordable, lean and versatile.
- Flat Iron Steak. Extremely tender, well-marbled and flavorful and great for grilling.
- Tenderloin Steak (Filet Mignon)
- Strip Steak.
- Porterhouse Steak.
- T-Bone Steak.
- Ground Beef.
What beef is best for shredding?
The Best cuts for Shredded Beef
- Chuck roast.
- Rump roast.
What is typical BBQ food?
Burgers (…and don’t just think beef! Chicken, lamb and veggie are great options) Hot dog rolls and burger buns (why not try brioche buns for a street-food feel?) Chicken wings and thighs.
How many calories are in a BBQ sandwich?
Bbq Pork Sandwich (1 serving) contains 29g total carbs, 29g net carbs, 9.2g fat, 30g protein, and 316 calories.
How many calories are in a pulled beef sandwich?
1 sandwich: 458 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 1052mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Slow-Cooked Barbecued Beef Sandwiches
Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 8-1/4 hours
12 servings (per recipe) After spending all day simmering in a rich, homemade sauce, chuck roast is transformed into delectable shredded beef sandwiches. For a weekday supper or a potluck, this beef is soft and juicy, and it takes only minutes to make it. • Tatina Smith, from San Angelo, Texas.
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper. 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar. 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional). 12 sandwich buns, cut in half
- Optional: sliced onions, dill pickles, and pickled jalapenos are served with the dish.
- Prepare a 3- or 4-quart slow cooker by slicing the roast in half and placing it in the slow cooker. Put all of the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Combine the ketchup, brown sugar, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, liquid smoke (if using), and spices. Pour over the beef
- Cover and simmer on low for 8-10 hours, or until the meat is tender and falling off the bone. Remove the meat and allow it to cool slightly. Remove the meat from the slow cooker and shred it with two forks before returning it to the slow cooker. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is well cooked. Place 1/2 cup of the mixture on each bun using a slotted spoon. If desired, garnish with onions, pickles, and jalapenos before serving. Option 1: Freeze individual portions of the chilled meat mixture in freezer-safe storage containers. To use, defrost slightly in the refrigerator overnight before using. Place the dish in the microwave and cook on high for a few minutes, gently tossing and adding more broth or water if required, until the chicken is cooked through.
1 sandwich has 458 calories, 15 grams of fat (5 grams of saturated fat), 74 milligrams of cholesterol, 1052 milligrams of sodium, 49 grams of carbohydrates (18 grams of sugars, 1 gram of fiber), and 30 grams of protein.
Crockpot Shredded Beef Barbecue
This shredded beef barbecue dish, which can be cooked in the crockpot, is perfect for a summer barbeque or party! This beef barbeque is really delicious, thanks to a homemade barbecue sauce that is both sweet and sour and takes only minutes to prepare. The weather in Ohio finally cooperated and it was semi-sunny and in the 60s for the first time in weeks! Our “Spring” has been more like an extended winter, so it was a pleasant surprise to have some weather that felt more like Spring. Aside from quickly improving my attitude, the warmer weather sparked a taste for.
- I’ve already written on this site about my deep affection for barbecue or potluck meals.
- it’s like my go-to comfort meal for warm weather!
- I can’t seem to get enough of it.
- My Aunt Amy sent us this recipe, which I adapted with some of my own flair, as well as a terrific suggestion from Karly, who blogs over at Buns in My Oven.
- As the beef cooks in the crockpot, the acidity imparts incredible flavor and helps to tenderize the meat.
HOW TO MAKE BARBECUE BEEF IN THE CROCKPOT
Because this dish will be cooking for a long period of time, choose a cut of beef that is marbled with fat and connective tissue and that is a little tough. This approach actually lets the connective tissue to melt away, resulting in a barbecue that is very soft and melts in your mouth! Chuck roast is my favorite cut of beef, but brisket is a fantastic substitute for it. Some recipes ask for the shredded beef barbecue to be cooked in a single pot, with the sauce and the meat both being cooked in the crockpot at the same time.
Cooking the chuck roast in the crockpot with mustard, spice rub, beef broth, liquid smoke, and a couple pats of butter is the method I use for my recipe.
Once the beef is extremely soft, we shred it, drain the fluids, and then return the shredded meat to the slow cooker to finish cooking. We next prepare the sauce and place it in the slow cooker, cooking it for approximately one hour, or until everything is hot and well blended.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COOK A CHUCK ROAST FOR BARBECUE
The time required for a regular 3-5 pound beef chuck roast depends on the size of the roast, but 8-10 hours on LOW is generally considered to be a good rule of thumb. If they try to shred the roast and it is difficult, many people believe that the roast has been overdone. This is not true. Actually, a tough roast is typically a clue that it has to be cooked for an extended period of time. Replace the lid and continue it simmer on LOW for another hour or two, and I guarantee it will be fall-apart tender!
CAN THIS SHREDDED BEEF BARBECUE BE MADE AHEAD OF TIME
The time required for a regular 3-5 pound beef chuck roast can vary depending on its size, but 8-10 hours on LOW should plenty for most roasts. If they try to shred the roast and it is difficult, many people believe that the roast has been overdone. The truth is that a tough roast is typically a hint that it has to be cooked for an additional amount of time. I believe it will be fall apart tender if you put the lid back on and simmer on LOW for another hour or two.
- You may prepare both the meat and the barbecue sauce ahead of time and keep them separate from one another in the refrigerator. On the day you plan to serve it, combine the meat and sauce in a crockpot, stirring well to combine the flavors
- Cover and simmer on LOW for several hours, or until the barbeque is hot. Prepare the beef ahead of time, shred it, allow it to cool, and then refrigerate it. Set the beef out on the counter for approximately 30 minutes the day before you plan to serve it. Prepare the sauce while the meat is resting on the counter. In a large slow cooker, combine the meat and sauce and simmer on HIGH for approximately one hour, or until the beef is heated.
CAN THIS SHREDDED BEEF BARBECUE BE MADE IN THE PRESSURE COOKER (INSTANT POT)
Because I haven’t thoroughly tested this, please treat it as a general guideline.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the chuck roast into 3-4 pieces. They should be rubbed with mustard and the homemade spice rub before going into the instant pot. To make 1 1/2 cups of beef broth, increase the amount of beef broth and liquid smoke (if using) to 1 1/2 cups and pour the liquid over the hamburger pieces. Place the lid on top and secure it in place. To ensure proper sealing, ensure that the knob on top is set to the “sealing” position. Set the pressure cooker to Pressure Cook/Manual, High Pressure, and pick 60 minutes by pressing the + or – buttons (or dial on certain models). When the roast is completed cooking, perform a natural pressure release for 10-15 minutes by allowing the pressure cooker to remain undisturbed for at least 15 minutes. After 10-15 minutes, flip the knob to the “venting” position and let any residual pressure out via the venting. Remove the cover once the pin has been lowered. Take the meat out of the instant pot and shred it. Remove the beef from the instant pot insert and place it back in the insert. Prepared barbecue sauce should be added, and the “saute” function should be used to cook the beef with the sauce to fully marry the two flavors together.
Want to try this Shredded Beef Barbecue?
More delicious recipes may be found on my Pinterest page. Is this something you created? Make sure to write a review and tag me @the chunky chef on Facebook and Instagram if you have any questions or comments! 8 servings per recipe (hover overto adjust) This shredded beef barbecue dish, which can be cooked in the crockpot, is perfect for a summer barbeque or party!
CROCKPOT SHREDDED BEEF
- 2 – 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 pound beef chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 3 – 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (sliced)
- 1 big yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste Twenty-four-ounce ketchup
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 – 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Make a mental note to put it away. Place the chuck roast in the slow cooker and sprinkle with mustard before rubbing it in. Half of the rub should be sprinkled on top. Rub the remaining rub into the flesh before flipping the roast over and rubbing the remaining rub into the meat again. Pour in the beef broth and liquid smoke (if using), making sure to pour it around the roast rather than directly on top of it. The rub and mustard are important, and you don’t want to lose them. Butter slices should be placed on top. Using the LOW setting, simmer the roast for 8-10 hours, or until it is fork tender Remove the roast from the slow cooker to a wide chopping board and shred it, removing any big fat parts. Serve immediately. Remove the shredded beef from the slow cooker and place it back in the slow cooker with the cooking liquids.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Make a note of it. In a slow cooker, place the chuck roast, sprinkle with mustard, and massage it in. Half of the rub should be used. Rub the rub into the flesh, then turn the roast over and rub in the remaining rub. In a large mixing bowl, combine the beef broth and liquid smoke (if using), making sure to pour the liquid around the roast rather than over it. The rub and mustard are too important to wipe away! Butter slices are placed on top of the salad. Using the LOW setting, simmer the roast for 8-10 hours, or until fork tender. Lift out the roast from the slow cooker and shred it on a wide chopping board, eliminating any large fat chunks. Remove the shredded meat from the slow cooker and place it back in the slow cooker with the cooking liquids.
Do you want to bookmark this recipe for later? To save this recipe to your personal recipe box, click on the heart icon in the lower right corner.
- BBQ sauce and shredded beef may be made ahead of time, then combined in the slow cooker for an easy weeknight dinner. Combining the shredded meat into the prepared sauce, simmer on LOW for a few minutes, covered. If you like, you may use store-bought barbecue sauce for the recipe. This beef is highly tasty on its own, so if you enjoy shredded beef without the need of a sauce, this is a fantastic dish for you. You can experiment with the proportions of the barbecue sauce components to suit your preferences and the quantity of the roast you’re using.
Hello, there! Hello, my name is Amanda. I’m a wife, a mother, a photography nerd, and a bacon enthusiast. Delicious meals, in my opinion, should be simple to put together. Now that you’ve here, please have a look around, peruse a few recipes, and then begin cooking! Read on to find out more
The original recipe yields 16 servings (as written). The ingredient list has been updated to match the number of servings stated.
- Place the roast in a big pan with a tight-fitting lid. Roast for 2 hours at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C), or until the flesh is falling apart and tearing readily with a fork. Advertisement
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat until it is melted. Toss in the onions and cook until transparent, about 5 minutes. Add the vinegar and chili sauce and mix well. Fill the empty chili sauce bottle halfway with water, shake it up, and pour the liquid into a pan over medium heat. Combine the brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, salt, cayenne pepper, and garlic in a large mixing bowl until well combined. Cook the sauce over a low heat, stirring often, until it thickens. Roasted meat should be shredded using two forks. Cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, after adding the meat to the sauce.
Per Serving:200 calories; protein 14.4g; carbs 4.9g; fat 13.3g; cholesterol 52.9mg; sodium 207mg. Nutrition in its entirety
Best-Ever Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches (Easy)
Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef Sandwiches are today’s dish, and it’s one you’ll want to keep in your recipe box for future use. It’s easy to make, and it’s delicious. The finest of all time! Recipe for fantastic, simple barbecue beef made using a chuck roast that is slow cooked in a homemade tangy, zesty sauce is shared with you today! Simple to put together, and the slow cooker does most of the work, resulting in the most tender and tasty barbecue beef sandwiches possible. Perfect for a hectic day, game day, parties, potlucks, and other gatherings of people.
Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches to the rescue!
School began in our part of the woods in Georgia only a few short weeks ago. For our youngest daughter’s first day of school, I cooked these BBQ Beef Sandwiches for her lunch. This is a recipe that I haven’t cooked in years. Due to the fact that our oldest daughter is not a huge fan of beef, I did not prepare many beef recipes for her when she was in high school. With her away at college, beef is once again a mainstay in the household. And because it’s August in Georgia, and it’s hot as you can imagine, my slow cooker has been working hard to save me from being trapped in a steaming kitchen.
I’ve been preparing all of my best hits (see the list below), which has allowed me to prepare delicious dinners in a comfortable kitchen. The fact that I came across this oldie but goodie in my recipe box means that it is now officially back on the regular rotation!
- French Dip Sandwiches
- Favorite Pot Roast
- Easy Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops
- Zesty BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- BBQ Country-Style Ribs
- 2 Ingredient SweetSmoky Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Creamy Ranch Chicken
- 3 Ingredient Shredded Beef Tacos
- BBQ Pineapple Chicken (Hawaiian Chicken)
- Chunky Chicken Chili–new favorite
- Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Barbecue Pineapp
Ingredients You Need to Make Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Chuck roast, ketchup, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar, liquid smoke, brown sugar, garlic powder, and salt and pepper are some of the ingredients.
How to Make Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches
What I like about this dish is that it is very simple! Simply coat the inside of your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and set the roast inside of the cooker. In a separate dish, combine the other ingredients and pour over the meat. Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours, depending on your preference. When the beef is done, take it from the cooker and chop it into thin slices before returning it to the cooker for another 25-30 minutes on low heat until it is cooked thoroughly.
Serve on your favorite roll or bun and wait for the exclamations of “oh, wow, this is so delicious.” In addition, you will never hear anybody complain about serving this as leftovers; it is really more flavorful the next day.
A variation of this dish may be found onTaste of HomeandAllrecipes as well.
IMAGE THAT CAN BE PINNED
Best-Ever Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Ingredients Ingredients Print Recipe Save Recipe to Pinterest
- 4 pound boneless chuck roast, trimmed with excess fat and set aside
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 For BBQ sandwiches, you’ll need 8-12 of your favorite rolls or buns.
Directions After spraying the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray, insert the roast in the slow cooker. To make the sauce, combine the other ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl – ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, liquid smoke (optional), red wine vinegar, garlic powder, pepper, and salt – and stir well before pouring over the roast. Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours, depending on your preference (cooking times may vary, adjust time according to your slow cooker).
Skim the fat from the sauce (it will be thin at this point) and discard it next.
When the barbecue meat is done, put it on rolls or buns and serve with tongs.
Tips Don’t forget to use the liquid smoke (Taste ofHome states optional) This is a dish where I don’t brown my roast, but you may if you want to; browning always adds fantastic taste.
If you like, you can toast your rolls/buns. I prefer this barbecue meat just the way it is, without any additional seasonings. It is delicious on its own. On top of his burger, my husband always adds a squirt of his favorite barbecue sauce. Thank you for taking the time to visit! Cheers!
Braised BBQ Beef Sandwich
My mother grew up in a home where there was always something to do to entertain. My grandmother was a bit of a social butterfly, and even as a youngster, I recall how every night was a party night when I came to visit over the summer. Mom and dad were remembering the other day about one of my grandmother’s favorite meals, her pulled beef cooked in BBQ sauce, which was one of their favorites as a child. Nana used to serve this dish to 80 guests at a time in her modest adobe house in Tucson, according to Mom.
It is also absolutely tasty.
- Three-poundchuck roast, rinsed and dried
- Two medium onions, chopped
- One tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- One 128-ouncecanwhole tomatoes (preferably plum tomatoes)
- One 118-ouncebottle of your favoritebarbecue sauce (or two and a quarter cups of your favorite homemadebarbecue sauce)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Twelve sandwich or hamburger buns
- Preparing the sauce with the onions, tomatoes, and BBQ sauce: In a big, heavy pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat until shimmering. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the onions are transparent, before adding the garlic. Add the tomatoes to the saucepan, coarsely cutting them as you do so. Simmer for 10 minutes after adding the barbecue sauce and increasing the heat to medium high. Cook the beef roast over low heat for 3 hours, until it is tender: Add the chuck roast to the pot. Bring to a low simmer, cover, and cook on low heat for about 3 hours, or until the meat is very soft, stirring periodically. Elise Bauer is a woman who works in the fashion industry. Separate the meat into tiny pieces as follows: Take the meat out of the saucepan and set it aside. To cut the roast into small pieces, use a fork and a knife to separate it. Make a mental note to put it away. Elise Bauer
- Reduce the amount of liquid in the sauce: Increase the heat to medium/medium-high and cover the pot, allowing the liquid to reduce until it becomes thick. Continue to stir often to avoid scorching. Returning the meat to the sauce:Returning the meat to the liquid in the pan is a good idea. Both should be properly warmed. Taste and season with salt and pepper to your liking. Serve on a bun with mayonnaise.
Here are some helpful links:Pulled pork sandwichhere on Simply Recipes Simply Recipes has a recipe for Salsa Verde Carnitashere. Sunday Nite Dinner’s Vietnamese pulled pork sandwich is a must-try. More BBQ Sauce inspiration may be found at Simply Recipes.
|Nutrition Facts(per serving)|
Display the Complete Nutrition Label Hide the entire nutrition label
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Saturated Fat 8g||39%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 18g|
|Vitamin C 4mg||19%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The nutritional information has been estimated using an ingredient database and should be regarded as an educated guess at best. When there are numerous ingredient alternatives mentioned, the first one listed is used to compute the nutritional value. There are no garnishes or extra ingredients listed in this recipe.
Easy Crock Pot BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Here is a simple recipe for Easy Crock Pot BBQ Beef Sandwiches that you can make in your slow cooker. You’re going to enjoy these quick and simple BBQ beef sandwiches. Oh. My. Goodness. They are very delicious! What makes this dish so delicious? There are only four essential ingredients and a handful of spices in my crock pot BBQ beef sandwich recipe (as in just salt and pepper, nothing fancy needed). Making a great meal is simple with this recipe, and you can set it up and forget about it as you go about your busy day.
- The perfect quick dinner for a busy family or when you have a large group of people to feed, these sandwiches are a must.
- Because of the low cost of beef these days, you can simply store any leftovers for future dinner.
- Even though I did have leftovers, I repurposed them for dinner the next night, and we appreciated the shredded beef combination served with rice.
- It was fantastic, and I highly recommend giving it a try.
- Hash is, without a doubt, a unique concept.
Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef
Wowee! Isn’t that a stunning sight to behold?
Delicious grilled beef on toasted buns, along with delicious sides, is a winning lunch. It’s very delicious, y’all! Toasting buns for sandwiches and burgers is a favorite of mine since it provides such a particular touch to the dish while also providing a delicious taste boost.
What to Serve with BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Before we get into the side dish possibilities, let’s speak about the various BBQ beef sandwich fillings available. After all, it is barbecue, so a tart coleslaw would be a fantastic accompaniment to these crockpot bbq beef sandwiches. It would be exactly the same as if it were pulled pork barbeque. Refrigerate your slaw until required by mixing it in a small container ahead of time and covering it. Chips made from dill pickles– we enjoy eating dill pickles with barbecue sandwiches. They provide a satisfying crunch, texture, and taste.
- Other Toppings What to serve with slow cooker BBQ beef sandwiches is the next question.
- Coleslaw is very simple to make, whether you use a whole head of cabbage or a pre-made coleslaw mix.
- A dish of barbecue while dining out would not be complete without baked beans, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels the same way.
- Potato Chips are quick and easy to make, and they come in a variety of flavors.
- During the summer months, potato salad may also serve as the (unofficial) official side dish for a barbecue dinner or picnic.
- Using toasted sandwich bread or hamburger buns or slider buns, serve the wonderful barbecue meat to your guests and enjoy.
What do I need to make Crock Pot BBQ Beef Sandwiches?
My buddy, you are going to enjoy how easy and straightforward my ingredient list is for this quick and easy dish. You’ll be able to get everything you need to create it in your local supermarket. Here’s everything you’ll need to get started: Beef Roast– I like a boneless chuck roast since it has a high fat-to-meat ratio, which results in a deliciously flavorful dish. This is a favorite cut of beef for slow cooking because of its tenderness. Barbecue Sauce– I simply used up the remainder of a container of store-bought barbecue sauce that I had on hand.
- This sauce was very amazing!
- I do create my own sauce from time to time as well.
- Beef Stock– This flavorful broth enhances the flavor of the meat while keeping it soft and moist.
- Because many sauces are made with brown sugar or molasses as their foundation, the beef broth helps to prevent the sauce from burning while it is simmering.
- The onions become part of the meat mixture.
- If you choose, you may season the dish with additional flavors that you and your family will appreciate.
If you want to try your hand at making your own homemade barbecue sauce using ingredients such as ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, apple cider vinegar (or red wine vinegar), and a few other simple ingredients, then check out this recipe for The Southern Lady Cooks’ Make Your Own BBQ Sauce Recipe from the Southern Lady Cooks website.
Searing the Beef Adds Flavor
Searing the meat requires only a small amount of work, but the consequences are significant, with your beef roast gaining in taste as a result. Searing the steak before roasting it offers the greatest results for a succulent roast beef. Begin by heating a cast iron pan over medium high heat with a couple of tablespoons of cooking oil (such as peanut or vegetable oil that can withstand high heat) until hot. Once the pan is hot, gently move the chuck roast to the skillet with tongs and allow it to sear for a few minutes on each side until it is well browned.
Crock Pot Beef Roast with Barbecue
Meanwhile, warm your slow cooker on the highest setting while the roast is searing. In the bottom of the slow cooker, combine the beef stock, a little amount of barbecue sauce, and the chopped onion. Set aside. As soon as the meat has been seared, transfer it gently to the Crock Pot. Make a well in the center of the slow cooker and place the steak on top of it. It has been brought to your attention that you do not want a lot of liquid to totally cover the roast.
Shredded Beef Sandwiches
After that, cover the slow cooker and decrease the cook setting to low. Continue to simmer on the low heat setting for several hours, or until the chuck roast is soft and readily shreds by hand. The amount of time it takes to cook the roast will vary depending on its size. Using tongs or a couple of forks, shred the meat and remove any large bits of fat that would be difficult to chew if there are any. Then, add the leftover barbecue sauce to the shredded beef mixture and whisk everything together until everything is well combined.
Slow Cooker Sandwiches
The buns must be toasted before the slow cooker BBQ beef sandwiches can be put together. After heating up my griddle to high heat, I added a piece of butter and melted it, then set the buns on the griddle and toasted them until the centers were golden brown, about 5 minutes total. Aside from being delicious, the toasted bread has a beautiful aroma. After that, using tongs or a slotted spoon, drain out any extra liquid from the shredded meat mixture before transferring it to the toasted buns. These barbecue sandwiches, which are cooked using beef, are the perfect supper to eat after a long day at work and are sure to garner excellent reviews from your friends and family.
Note from the chef: Assemble the sandwiches the day before you intend to have them.
Easy Crock Pot BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Preparation time: 10 minutes Preparation time: 8 hours Time allotted: 10 minutes
- 2 pound boneless chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil for searing (or high heat cooking oil)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper I used Jack Daniel’s original Barbecue Sauce in this recipe. 1 cup Barbecue Sauce, divided
- 14 teaspoon cracked black pepper or to taste
- 12 cup beef stock (or broth)
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper, or to taste
- Start by preheating your slow cooker on the high cook setting with the lid cover on. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until it is very hot, about 5 minutes. After that, add the vegetable oil to the skillet and add the beef roast to the skillet, searing the meat for 3 to 4 minutes per side. NOTE: Allow the meat to naturally release from the bottom of the skillet before continuing with the recipe. When it has done scorching, it will be quite easy to remove. By mixing them together, combine 12 cup of the barbecue sauce with the beef stock, and then pour the mixture into the bottom of the slow cooker along with the sliced onion
- Cover and lower the heat setting on the Crock Pot to low after placing the seared chuck roast in the pot. a slow cooker set to low for 8 hours or until the meat is cooked and readily shreds
- With tongs or two forks, shred the meat, making sure to eliminate any big fat chunks that may have formed during the cooking process. Stir in the remaining barbecue sauce until everything is well-combined. Using your favorite toppings and sides (read the complete post for ideas), serve the BBQ shredded beef mixture on toasted buns.
4 ounces of Barbecued Beef The following is the amount of food per serving: Calories:350 19 g of total fat 7 g of saturated fat 1 gram of trans fat 10 g of unsaturated fat Cholesterol:94mg Sodium:696mg Carbohydrates:16g Fiber:1g Sugar:13g Protein:29g
Check out the Latest Recipes
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit! I am really grateful that you did. I hope you will give this recipe a try soon since it is my absolute favorite way to make crockpot barbecue beef sandwiches that is quick and easy to prepare. While you’re here, don’t forget to sign up for my email newsletter. Subscribers will receive a weekly email from me, which will include the most recent recipes and blog news, ensuring that you never miss a thing.
Please accept my heartfelt thanks for visiting! You made a wonderful decision, and I am really grateful. The following recipe is my absolute favorite way to quickly cook crockpot barbecue beef sandwiches, and I hope you will give it a try soon! While you’re here, make sure to sign up for my email list. To ensure that you never miss out on anything, I send out a weekly email to all of my subscribers with the newest recipes and blog news.
Slow-Cooker Pulled-Beef Sandwiches
It’s less expensive by the dozen. 12 delectable sandwiches are made from a low-cost chuck roast that has been carefully simmered in sauce.
- 1/2 cup condensed beef broth (from a 10-1/2-ounce can)
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 1/2 to 4 lb)
- 12 hamburger buns, split
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup French dressing
- 1 cup condensed beef broth (from a 10-1/2-ounce can).
- 1Spray a 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. In a slow cooker, combine the onion, barbecue sauce, dressing, and broth. Add the beef and toss to coat. 2Cover and cook on Low heat for 8 to 10 hours on a stovetop. Remove the steak from the slow cooker and discard the fat from the sauce. Using two forks, shred the steak and return it to the sauce. Placing half a cup of beef mixture on the bottom of each bun using a slotted spoon is a good way to start. Bun toppers should be used to cover the buns.
Tips from the Betty Crocker Kitchens
- Tip 1: To ensure that you can get a 3 1/2- to 4-pound roast, we recommend purchasing it ahead of time or combining two roasts to equal the desired weight. Before cooking the roast, remove any visible fat from the meat. tip 2Are you bringing this sandwich filling to a get-together? A strong, robust rubber band should be wrapped around the slow cooker’s cover from handle to handle to keep it sealed during transportation.
First, to guarantee that you can get a 3 1/2- to 4-pound roast, we recommend purchasing it ahead of time or combining two roasts to equal the weight of a 3- to 4-pound roast. Before cooking the roast, remove any visible fat from it. tip 2Are you bringing this sandwich filling to a get-together with friends? In order to keep the slow cooker cover shut during travel, wrap a large, robust rubber band around it from handle to handle;
Calories420 190 calories come from fat The total fat content is 21g32 percent. 6g32 percent of total fat is saturated fat. 1 gram of Trans Fat Cholesterol70mg 23 percent of the population 25 percent sodium, 650 milligrams Potassium (480mg/14% of the total) Carbohydrates in total: 31g ten percent of the total Dietary Fiber1 g5 % Dietary Fiber Sugars10g Protein27g Amount of vitamin A in the body: 0 percent Vitamin C is 0 percent of the total. Calcium (eight percent) eight percent Iron is 25 percent of the total.
1.5 cup starch; 0 fruit; 1/2 other carbohydrate; 0 skim milk; 0 nonfat milk; 0 milk; 0 vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 lean meat; 0 high-fat meat; 1 fat; 1.5 cup starch; 0 fruit; 1/2 other carbohydrate * 2,000 calorie diet is used to get the percent Daily Values. Twenty-first Century Mills ®/TM General Mills All Rights Reserved
BBQ BEEF SANDWICHES
Traditions on Sundays This dinner is made to perfection by my daughter Katie. We are all looking forward to these unusual sandwiches, which are a welcome variation from the usual roast beef sandwiches. You may prepare this recipe with a smaller roast, but you will need to use the entire amount of sauce and roast for a shorter period of time than stated above.
BBQ Beef Sandwiches
- 6-8hamburger buns buttered with butter (optional)
- 6-8Swiss cheese slices (optional)
- 1 tablespoonvegetable oil
- 13-pound boneless beef shoulder or chuck roast
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cupcider vinegar
- 1/2 cupchicken broth
- 1/4 cuppacked brown sugar
- 1tablespoonprepared mustard
- 1tablespoonWorcestershire sauce
- 1tablespoonchili powder
- 1/2 medium yellow onion minced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 11/2 teaspoonsd
- 275 degrees
- 2. Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or big saucepan over medium-high heat and brown the beef nicely, flipping it frequently, for about 15 minutes
- 3. Combine the barbecue sauce, vinegar, broth, sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, onion, garlic, and thyme in a large mixing bowl until well combined. Fill a large pot halfway with water and bring it to a boil. Render in the oven for 3 to 4 hours, firmly covered with a lid or aluminum foil. Take the meat out of the pan and shred it with a fork. Return the meat to the saucepan and cover with a lid to keep warm. 3. Brush the hamburger buns with butter, if preferred, and broil them until they are just beginning to brown on the edges. Placing one piece of Swiss cheese on the bottom bun, if using, and broiling it just until the cheese is melted
- 4. Filling the buns with the meat and serving them.
PREPARE IN ADVANCE Begin this meal at least 4 hours before you plan to serve it.
Crock Pot BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Cooked to perfection in the crock pot, these BBQ beef sandwiches are bursting with flavor!
Not only are they tasty, but they are also quite simple to prepare. Sweet Potato Fries, Roasted Vegetables, or a Baked Potato are all excellent accompaniments to these barbecue sandwiches.
Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef
My parents used to make a roast in the crock pot every Sunday when I was growing up. In fact, they were able to maintain parity until a few years ago, when my eldest kid was a little child. He even gave it the moniker “Church Meat” since we would eat it every Sunday after church, which was a nice touch. It is one of those dinners that is really simple to cook while yet being delicate and delicious! We all appreciate a simple supper meal that can be thrown together in a hurry after a long day at work.
Not only will these barbeque sandwiches taste excellent, but your house will also smell fantastic for the whole day while they’re being prepared!
How To Make BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Getting Things Ready– Begin by putting the thawed roast into the slow cooker. After that, you’ll brush the meat with the remaining sauce from the bottle. Afterwards, take the empty bottle of barbeque sauce and fill it half way with water. Make a thorough shake to release any residual sauce, then pour it over the roasting pan of vegetables. Finally, fill the crock pot halfway with water until the meat is nearly completely covered. Cook– I prefer to cook the beef on a low heat setting for around 6-8 hours.
Almost finished– 30 minutes before you want to dine, remove the meat from the oven and shred it with meat claws or a pair of forks.
As a result, part of the liquid will be burned off.
If you like, you may omit the buns and instead cook the meat with some sliced potatoes or vegetables in the crock pot.
The best piece of meat to use for these barbeque beef sandwiches is a chuck roast, which is one of my personal favorites. I believe that a fattier cut of beef is the best choice for this dish. Best BBQ Sauce– I like to make my own barbecue sauce, but if you don’t have the time, Sweet Baby Ray’s is my go-to sauce for barbecue. Frozen Meat– Don’t panic if you forgot to defrost your roast before putting it in the crock pot. It will still turn out delicious. In order to prepare a regular 3-pound chunk of beef, you’ll just need to add roughly 2 hours to the total cooking time.
More Easy Crock Pot Beef Recipes
- Slow Cooker Meatball Sandwiches
- Crock Pot Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches
- Crock Pot Pepperoncini Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Roast Beef Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Meatball Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Me
Crock Pot BBQ Beef Sandwich Recipe
Servings:16servings These Crock Pot BBQ beef sandwiches are tender and bursting with flavor, plus they’re easy to prepare! Not only are they tasty, but they are also quite simple to prepare. Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 5 hours Time allotted: 5 hours and 10 minutes
- 3 pound chuck roast
- 32 ounces BBQ sauce (one bottle for cooking and another for serving)
- 8 hamburger buns
- Put the thawed roast* in the crock pot and turn it on low for 8 hours. Add one bottle of BBQ sauce to the roast and spread it all over it. In a separate container, fill the empty BBQ sauce bottle with water, shake it up to remove the last of the sauce off the edges, and then pour the mixture over the top of the roast
- In a large mixing bowl, combine enough water to completely submerge the meat. Place the crock pot cover on and cook for 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low for a delicious meal. To serve, shred the beef with two forks and throw it back in the crock pot 30 minutes before serving. Allowing it to cook uncovered on high for the final 30 minutes will help to burn off some of the extra liquid. Serve in soft buns with more BBQ sauce on the side if desired.
If you have a frozen roast, you might cook it in the crock pot overnight to defrost it.
310 kcal per meal; 34 g carbohydrates; 19 g protein; 11 g fat; 5 g saturated fat; 59 mg cholesterol; 759 mg sodium; 441 mg potassium; 1 g fiber; 20 g sugar; 138 IU vitamin A; 1 mg vitamin C; 70 mg calcium; 3 mg iron; 138 IU vitamin C
The Main Course is the first course in the sequence. Cuisine:American Three elements are the focus of this article.
Busy moms, this one is for YOU!
Our weekly email gives you unique access to our most popular projects, recipes, free printables, and more! Sign up today! Subscribe
JB’s Slow Cooked BBQ Beef Sandwiches • The Heritage Cook ®
Sandwich with Barbecued Beef My birthday is in June, and I can recall several gatherings where my mother would prepare grilled beef sandwiches for us to chow down on. They were always a hit with my buddies and I, and we devoured every last bite. According to my mother, these are one of the greatest sandwiches to serve to a large group since they are enjoyed by both children and adults, they can be prepared ahead of time, and they don’t take a lot of care while they are cooking. Of course, “genuine” barbecued meat is smoked over hardwood for a full day before serving.
- Because most barbecue recipes call for Liquid Smoke, which is delicious but my husband is allergic to it; thus, I propose using Smoked Paprika or Chipotle Powder in place of Liquid Smoke (from dried, smoked jalapeno chiles).
- Chuck Roast is a kind of roast beef.
- When it is cooked in a short period of time, it becomes rough, stringy, and chewy.
- Making this dish in a Dutch oven on top of the stove works well, but you can also use your Slow Cooker with only a few adjustments.
- This process has a significant impact on the overall taste.
- Making your own barbecue sauce to marinate the meat in is by far the most flavorful method of cooking.
- For this sandwich, a less sweet sauce is preferable to me.
- Fresh bread rolls, ready to be loaded with deliciousness!
- If you switch up the seasonings, you may make it Asian, French, Greek, or Cuban-inspired by changing the seasonings.
- What seasonings would you recommend using?
Jane’s Tips and Hints:
A dry rub, applied to the meat before cooking, imparts a rich, complex taste to the meal while requiring little to no additional oil.
If you enjoy spicy meals, you may season the dish with hot chile powder or a hot sauce such as Sriracha. However, be cautious since the heat will rise while the dish sets, so start with a little amount and add more when you’re ready to serve.
Kitchen Skill: Shredding Cooked Meats
Cook meats in a liquid until they are incredibly soft. Remove the pan from the heat and place it in a shallow dish, such as a 9×13-inch baking pan. Remove and discard any big chunks of fat or gristle from the meat before separating it into large pieces. Separate the meat into strips by pulling it apart with two forks. As a precaution, any crispy portions should be chopped into bite-sized pieces if possible. Return the meat to the pan with the cooking liquid and heat through. Store in liquid in the refrigerator.
15:20:15 UTC on July 24th, 2015.
- 1 tspancho chile powder
- 1 to 2 tbspsmoked paprikaor chipotle powder (if you want it spicy)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (two tablespoons for the rub and two tablespoons for browning the beef)
- 1 tspancho chile powder
- 1 tspancho 3 pound boneless chuck, sirloin, or top sirloin beef roast that has been washed and dried
- 2 big onions, cut
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup beef broth or water, 2 cups of ketchup, 1 tbsp dry mustard, 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp red wine vinegar, and 1 tbsp packed brown sugar.
- A small mixing bowl is ideal for mixing together the following ingredients: onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Smoked paprika
- And pepper. Stir until the ingredients are fully combined. Add 2 tbsp oil and blend until a paste is formed. Using a rub, coat the beef all over and put it aside while you sauté the onions and garlic. A big heavy Dutch oven should be heated over medium-high heat until just below the smoking point with 2 tablespoons oil. Add the onions and sauté for 3 minutes, or until they are tender. Cook for another minute after adding the garlic. Remove the onions and garlic from the pan with a slotted spoon and set them aside. Add the beef to the pan and brown it on both sides. Using tongs, carefully remove the beef from the pan and set it aside. Add the sauce ingredients to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes to mix the flavors. Replacing the meat in the pan and nestling it into the sauce Cooked onions and garlic are sprinkled on top. Bake for about 3 hours on low heat, or until the meat is extremely soft and comes apart. Cover with a tight fitting cover. During the cooking process, stir periodically. Pour in a little more water if the liquid becomes too thick
- Remove the meat from the saucepan and shred it with two forks. If the liquid is thin, cook it over medium heat, uncovered, until it thickens somewhat. Return the shredded beef to the saucepan and heat until well heated. Taste and season with salt and pepper to your liking. Make hamburger buns or Hoagie rolls out of toasted hamburger buns. To prepare food in a Slow Cooker, follow these steps: Cook the seasoned beef according to package directions in a slow cooker. On top of the onions, garlic, and sauce components, sprinkle with cheese. Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours, or until the meat is cooked, covered with a lid. Remove the meat from the pan and shred it. Remove the fat from the cooking liquid. Return the meat to the stove and simmer until done.
- The recipe makes 8 to 10 servings, or around 12 to 14 sandwiches.
The Heritage Cook ® is a trademark of The Heritage Cook, Inc. Please be courteous. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of proprietary materials is strictly forbidden unless prior consent has been granted. Please feel free to cite and link to this article as long as you give credit where credit is due and direct them to my website, www.theheritagecook.com. Thank you very much!
Crock-Pot Barbecue Beef (For Sandwiches and More!)
It is possible that this content contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I receive money when people make qualifying purchases via my links. Please review our disclosure policy. Serve this Crock-Pot Barbecue Beef on toasted buns for a quick and simple meal on a busy day. Your slow cooker will assist you in creating the tastes of summer at any time of the year! It’s March, which means it’s that time of year when we have bright sky, sunshine, and temperatures in the 70s. When we put on our flip flops, shorts, and t-shirts and go outside to play in the sun.
- I’ve been documenting the beauty on my Instagram stories, and I hope you’ll join me there.
- Have you ever sat and watched a cat in a brightly lit area?
- Despite the fact that we all know how harmful sun exposure is, I desire it as much as I crave chocolate and coffee.
- My food timer has been set to the summer season.
- I definitely urge you give it a try – as soon as possible!
How to Make Crock-Pot Barbecue Beef
To begin, we add a diced slice of bacon to a big skillet and bring it to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until the bacon has produced a small amount of fat and is slightly browned. Adding a small amount of bacon at the beginning of the process will enhance the flavor and provide that distinct smoky flavor that only bacon can provide. After that, add the chopped onion and minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until the onion is tender. The other barbecue sauce components are added at this point: ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, thyme, cumin, paprika, and freshly ground pepper (if used).
I like to add a little of cayenne pepper to give it a little heat, but this is all up to personal preference.
Make 5 or 6 pieces out of the roast, and cut away any excess fat that may have accumulated around the edges of each piece.
Pour the sauce over the meat in the Crock-Pot, cover it, and set it to either low or high, depending on when you’ll need the beef to be ready.
Now move away from the situation, forget about it, and get on with your day. After 7 to 9 hours on low or 5 to 7 hours on high, the beef will be fork soft and ready to be shredded and tossed into the sauce right away.
Toast those Buns!
One of the quickest ways to destroy a delicious, juicy sandwich like Barbecue Beef is to serve it on soft bread that have not been properly toasted before cutting into it. For best results, toast your rolls on a baking sheet at 400 degrees F for a few minutes, keeping an eye on them attentively to ensure they don’t overcook and become burnt. Friends, the flavor of this sauce that is produced from scratch is fantastic. This Crock-Pot Barbecue Beef is served on rolls with coleslaw, but it may be served in a variety of ways.
Do you want to know more?
This piece was first published on January 12, 2012, and has since been updated.
Crock-Pot Barbecue Beef
- Serve this Crock-Pot Barbecue Beef on toasted buns for a quick and simple meal on a busy day. Your slow cooker will assist you in creating the tastes of summer at any time of the year! The Main Course is the first course in the sequence. Cuisine:American Slow cooker barbecue beef, slow cooker bbq beef, crock pot barbecue beef, crock pot BBQ meat, slow cooker barbecue beef, slow cooker bbq beef Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 7 hours and 0 minutes Time allotted: 7 hours and 15 minutes
- 8ounces tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 slice thick sliced bacon
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns freshly powdered to taste
- A 3lb. chuck roast that has been sliced into big slices and trimmed of extra fat
- Prepare a big saucepan by coating the bottom with olive oil and heating it over MEDIUM heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for a couple of minutes after adding the chopped bacon. Cook, stirring constantly, for another minute or two, or until the onion is beginning to soften. Remove from the heat. Reduce the heat to a low setting. Toss in the garlic. Just a minute or two more of stirring and cooking will enough. Combine the ketchup, tomato sauce, brown sugar, molasses, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, cumin, smoked paprika, thyme, cayenne pepper (if using), and freshly ground black pepper in a large mixing bowl until well combined and well blended. Stir thoroughly and leave stew simmer on a low heat while you prepare the chuck roast if desired. Cut the chuck roast into 5 or 6 pieces, depending on its size. Trim and remove as much of the extra fat from the margins as you can before cooking. Put the pieces of roast in a 6-quart slow cooker and cover with water. Cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours, or on HIGH for 5 to 7 hours, or until the roast is easy to shred
- Pour the barbecue sauce over the roast and cover with aluminum foil. At the conclusion of the cooking time, shred the meat into the sauce in the Crock-Pot with two forks
- Set aside. Make sandwiches out of the leftovers or serve them on top of mashed potatoes.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit in order to toast the sandwich buns. Open-faced sandwich buns should be placed on a baking pan and baked until golden brown. Just when faintly golden brown and toasted, bake for 4 or 5 minutes further, depending on your oven. 528 calories; 34 grams of carbohydrates; 38 grams of protein; 27 grams of fat; 11 grams of saturated fat; 134 milligrams of cholesterol; 792 milligrams of sodium; 1141 milligrams of potassium; 1 gram of fiber; 30 grams of sugar; 592 international units (IU) of vitamin A; 6 milligrams of vitamin C; 88 milligrams of calcium; 6 milligrams of iron It is important to note that nutritional information is computed automatically using generic components and is not a guarantee.
Please refer to the labels on your ingredients at home in order to obtain more accurate results.
Use the hashtag #fromvalerieskitchen on social media to be considered for a feature.
Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
Barbecue Beef Sandwiches are a delicious shredded beef sandwich meal made in the slow cooker! This is one of those dishes that can be left to simmer in the slow cooker all day without the need for any further attention from you. Those types of dishes are my favorites, especially on hectic days. Enjoy your day doing anything you like, knowing that supper will be cooked when you get home eight hours later. All of the people who have tried them have raved about them.
Ingredients needed for Barbecue Beef Sandwiches:
- Flank steak, brown sugar, tomato paste, onion, ketchup, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, molasses, mustard, chili powder, dry mustard, salt, and pepper
- Buns and any additional condiments you wish
How to make BBQ Beef Sandwiches:
You’ll need to cut the flank steak into pieces approximately 3-inches wide because it’s offered in a large chunk. Once the steak pieces are rubbed with a basic rub mixture of brown sugar and pepper, they’re ready to cook. Last but not least, you’ll combine the sauce ingredients straight in the insert of your slow cooker, then place the rubbed steak in the sauce before covering the cooker and cooking it for 8 hours on low heat.
The best slow cooker:
I have a Hamilton Beach 6-Quart Slow Cooker, which I really adore, and I highly recommend it. It’s the same slow cooker that I’ve used for many years, and it’s a real workhorse that does everything correctly every time. Even if you are gone from the kitchen, your slow cooker will automatically switch to a “warm” setting when the cooking time is complete.
It is simple to connect the cover and transfer the container. Furthermore, the insert is always simple to clean. It believes it is the greatest slow cooker on the market!
How to shred beef:
Currently, I’m using the Hamilton Beach 6-Quart Slow Cooker, which I’m in love with. For many years, I’ve been using the same slow cooker, which is a true workhorse that does an excellent job. Even if you are gone from the kitchen, your slow cooker will automatically switch to a “warm” setting after the cooking time is completed. Putting on the lid and transporting the container are both simple processes. The insert also has the advantage of being extremely easy to clean. Slow cooker enthusiasts believe it to be the best on the market!
Here are a few more sandwich recipes you might like to try:
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches, Cajun Cheese Steak Sandwiches, Italian Chicken Cutlet Sandwiches, Salmon BLT Sandwiches, and Hot Italian Sandwiches are some of the options. Among the sandwiches that may be made in the slow cooker are sweet and spicy pulled pork sandwiches, spicy buffalo chicken sandwiches, and Philly cheese steak sandwiches.
Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
With this simple slow cooker recipe, you can prepare a delicious sandwich!
Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 8 hours The Main Course is the first course in the sequence. Cuisine:American Slow cooker, barbeque, and beef are some of the keywords to remember. Servings:12servings Calories:309kcal
STEAK AND RUB:
- 15 Minutes for Preparation Approximately eight hours to prepare. The Main Course is the course that everyone should take. Cuisine:American BBQ, Beef, and Slow Cooker are some of the keywords to remember. Servings:12servings Calories:309kcal
- One 6-ounce container of tomato paste
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
BUNS AND CONDIMENTS:
- Sandwich buns (12 ounces each)
- Red onion rings (optional)
- Dill or sweet pickle slices (optional)
- 3 inch slices of steak should be cut from the meat. Combine the rub ingredients (brown sugar and pepper), and then massage the mixture into the steaks thoroughly. Stir all of the sauce ingredients together in your slow cooker until thoroughly combined. Using tongs, flip the steaks to cover them with the sauce
- Cook for 1 hour on high in a covered slow cooker on the stovetop. Reduce the heat to low and continue to simmer for another 7 to 8 hours, or until the meat is tender. Using tongs, carefully remove the steak from the slow cooker (but do not remove the sauce). Place it on a chopping board. Remove the steak from the slow cooker and shred it with two forks before returning the shredded meat to the slow cooker. Toss to evenly coat with the sauce
- Place 1/2 cup of the shredded beef on the bottom of each half of the buns and serve immediately. Optional toppings include onion rings and pickles, if preferred. Place the tops of the buns on top of the meat, and then cut into slices to serve.
Serving:1serving, Calories:309kcal, Carbohydrates:48g,Protein:17g,Fat:5g, 1 gram of saturated fat Amounts per serving are as follows: Cholesterol 28 mg, Sodium 874 mg, Potassium 539 mg, Fibre 2 grams, Sugar 16 grams, Vitamin A 516 IU, Vitamin C 5 milligrams, Calcium 91 milligrams, Iron 4 milligrams