How do you make a grilled ham and cheese sandwich?
- Place one slice, butter-side down in the hot skillet. Top with Swiss cheese and ham. Spread the unbuttered side of the second slice of bread with mayonnaise and mustard; place it, butter-side up on top of the sandwich. Cook until the sandwich is golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes per side.
How do you make ham and cheese sandwiches?
Place one slice, butter-side down in the hot skillet. Top with Swiss cheese and ham. Spread the unbuttered side of the second slice of bread with mayonnaise and mustard; place it, butter-side up on top of the sandwich. Cook until the sandwich is golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes per side.
What kind of cheese goes with ham?
Blues. Blue-veined cheeses ( Gorgonzola, Roquefort, Stilton or a high-quality Wisconsin blue cheese) are excellent with ham. These cheeses range from soft and creamy to salty and crumbly, all with a pronounced, pungent bite that plays off sweet flavors—such as a ham glaze—remarkably well.
What is on Hardee’s hot ham and cheese?
Sliced ham and melted Swiss cheese, served on a toasted potato bun.
Do you need to cook ham for sandwiches?
The answer, in short, is if it is cured, smoked or baked, ham is considered “pre-cooked,” and would not technically need to be cooked. This includes the ham that is purchased at the deli. You can also buy fresh ham, and it would have to be cooked prior to eating.
What is in a ham and cheese hot pocket?
The Nestle Hot Pockets Ham and Cheese Stuffed Sandwich is a delicious ready-to-cook snack. The sandwich is made of hickory ham and cheese seasoned in a crispy cheddar-cheese crust. It is easy to prepare as it can be baked in the oven and served, saving time and labor. Let sit 2 Minutes to Complete Cooking, and enjoy.
What type of ham is best for sandwiches?
The shank end (or leg portion) sports that classic ham profile, so it’s a good choice for a picture-perfect table. The meat tends to be leaner and it has one long bone, which makes carving easier. The butt end (the top half of the ham) has more tender, fattier meat, lending a richer flavor.
What are the five steps to making a sandwich?
What are the five steps to making a sandwich?
- Step 1: Things Needed. 3 More Images.
- Step 2: Toasting the Bread. The first step is to toast the bread.
- Step 3: Toasting the Ham.
- Step 4: Putting It Together.
- Step 5: Toasting the Sandwich.
- Step 6: Add Condiments and Enjoy.
- 2 Comments.
What is the best cheese for a sandwich?
8 Best Cheeses For Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Medium Cheddar. Ah, the grilled cheese standard.
- Young Unsmoked Gouda.
- Organic American Slices.
- Fontina Val D’Aosta.
- Pepper Jack.
Does Arby’s have hot ham and cheese?
Arby’s sandwich: Hot Ham ‘n Cheese Nutrition Facts & Calories.
What is the biggest burger at Hardee’s?
But with fast food competition, things got complicated. Now, Hardee’s has thrown down the burger gauntlet, serving up what it calls a $5.49 “monument to decadence” — the “Monster Thickburger.” Here’s how they build it: Two-thirds of a pound of beef 664 calories.
How do you slice a ham for sandwiches?
How to Carve a Ham
- You’ll need:
- Step 1: Set up your slicing station.
- Step 2: Carve off a boneless section.
- Step 3: Slice it.
- Step 4: Carve horizontally around the bone.
- Step 5: Carve vertically.
- Step 6: Arrange and serve.
What does uncooked ham look like?
Its raw color is pinkish red and after cooking, grayish white. Ham that does not contain a cure must be labeled either “Fresh” or “Uncured” – prepared without nitrate or nitrite. This also applies to cooked product, and must be labeled cooked product “Cooked Uncured Ham.”
How is a ham sandwich made?
Starting with a half pig, the team separates the loin from the ham (a leg cut) and then has to debone it, skin it, trim it, tie it, heavily brine it, let it sit for 10 days in more brine, and then smoke it for about eight hours. Pivotal last times are to make a ham sandwich.
Christy’s Awesome Hot Ham and Cheese
This is a really tasty sandwich. Pickles and tomatoes are two of my favorite toppings for mine. And yes, it’s very delicious with homemade tomato soup. More information can be found at
It was necessary for me to try this because I adore swiss cheese.
As the submitter points out, this is particularly delicious with tomato soup.
I prepare it in large amounts and store it in the freezer.
- Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe.
- You definitely can’t go wrong with this combination of components.
- Sometime I make it with honey mustard and pepper jack cheese, which is also extremely excellent since it adds a little spice and sweetness while still keeping it simple.
- Before putting the ham on the sammie, I like to briefly sear it in a skillet.
- The only things I changed were that I added a tomato and used white bread instead of whole wheat.
- It was a fantastic luncheon.
In place of deli ham, I used leftover sliced ham that I had on hand.
This is a welcome twist from the standard grilled cheese sandwich.
Continue readingAdvertisement They were very delicious!
- I had to use the regular prepared mustard in conjunction with the mayonnaise, and it turned out fantastic!
- I noticed that the submitter liked to include olives in his or her recipes.
- I had some leftovers in the fridge that I needed to get rid of, so I figured why not?
- It made a significant difference in the flavor of the sandwich.
- (I adore black olives, by the way!) This is something I’ll have to make for my husband in the near future.
I made it with spicy brown mustard, and it turned out fantastic.
It reminded me of a grilled cheese sandwich!
Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
You have arrived to the following page: Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches (Home/Dinner/Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches) Ham and cheese sandwiches, traditionally served as takeaway, may now be enjoyed at home! The layers of ham and gooey cheese are cooked between buttery toasted buns, making for a quick and easy evening dinner! We don’t eat takeout very frequently around here since we enjoy cooking so much ourselves. A heated ham and cheese sandwich, on the other hand, is one of my absolute favorites when we get together.
I prefer preparing these sandwiches at home even more since I can control the quality of the ham I use, the type of cheese that everyone enjoys, how well the buns are toasted, and whether or not I apply a creamy dijonnaise sauce on top.
Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches:
They are so simple to prepare that I almost hesitate to call them a “recipe,” but I hope you like them as much as my family does. I’ll tell you how we like to perfect them at our house.
- You may use either thick or thin ham, depending on your preference. I always grab the very thin sliced ham from the deli counter at my workplace. Then I stack a couple pieces of ham on top of that, followed by a piece of cheese. I make a wonderful substantial sandwich by repeating the layers twice
- Toasting the buns is completely optional, however. They are brushed with butter and then toasted under the broiler for about 2 minutes before being assembled into sandwiches. Do not toast the buns first if you like a softer texture
- You may use whatever type of cheese you want, certainly, whatever your family loves! The mozzarella cheese is our favorite, but Swiss, cheddar, and Monterey Jack are other excellent choices
- The addition of mayonnaise is also optional. A simple combination of mayonnaise and spicy or dijon mustard is all that is required. It only adds a little more taste, which we happen to enjoy
Just a little word on how to prepare these sandwiches. Most of the time, I make them at home for a super-fast 10-minute meal. These, on the other hand, can undoubtedly be grilled! There’s a terrific sandwich for camping that you can make. All that is required is that you build the sandwiches, wrap them in aluminum foil, and cook them for a few minutes until the cheese is melted. Enjoy! ~Nichole
- A PoundSlicedHam, 8 slices of cheese (mozzarella, Swiss, Cheddar, etc.)
- 4 large hamburger buns
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 poundsliced ham 14 cup mayonnaise (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (optional)
- 14 cup sour cream (optional)
- Preheat the broiler on your oven to its highest setting. Make a big baking sheet out of the hamburger buns and spread them out on it. Spread the butter on the buns in an equal layer. Heat the broiler to high heat and toast for 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown. Close and turn off the oven’s broiler while preheating the oven to 375 degrees. Half of the ham slices should be distributed evenly on the bottom of each bun. Add a piece of cheese on top to finish. One more time, repeat the layers you just created. Sandwiches should have their top buns placed on them. Alternatively, you may bake the sandwiches for 7-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Optional: In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and dijon mustard until well combined. Serve with the warm sandwiches.
IMPORTANT: Toasting the buns is entirely optional. Nichole is the creator and CEO of The Salty Marshmallow, a gourmet marshmallow company. Her love of cooking and baking began more than a decade ago, and she now specializes in simple dishes that are packed with flavor and that the whole family will enjoy! More information on Nichole may be found here.
When I was a youngster, my family would cook two types of sandwiches on a regular basis: hot ham and cheese and tuna cheesies. Both were roasted in the oven until they were hot and the cheese was melted and gooey, which took about 20 minutes. Party sandwiches were popular in the 1980s, and they were the 1980s version. When I was growing up, we lived in a rather tiny town, and I clearly remember when we got our first fast-food restaurant. It was a Hardee’s, and they were still serving their hot ham and cheese sandwiches at the time.
“Just grab me a hot ham and cheese sandwich, the Dukes of Hazzard are on tonight,” I’d always say in response.
I prepare party sandwiches on a regular basis, regardless of whether or not there is an actual party taking on.
And with a fast side salad, you can’t go wrong with them for supper.
It’s for a good reason why they’re referred to as party sandwiches! The ham and cheese are on a roll, and you bake them all at the same time before pouring over a fantastic buttery onionDijon scented sauce that takes these bad boys over the top.
Do Hawaiian rolls need baking? Can I skip that step?
Due to the fact that the Hawaiian rolls have already been baked, there is no need to bake them before assembling the party sandwiches. So you could technically omit the baking step, but it’s an extremely vital component of what makes them so incredibly delicious in the first place. With each bite, you want the heated cheese to stretch and peel away from your teeth. You want the buttery mixture to bake inside the rolls rather than on top of them. The ham and cheese combination, not just ham and cheese, must be used in this case.
It’s well worth the extra effort.
What cheese is best with ham?
Swiss cheese is the cheese of choice for ham, and that’s what I often use for this dish. Cheddar and ham go together like peanut butter and jelly, but cheddar doesn’t melt as smoothly as butter, so I don’t use it in this recipe. Smoked Gouda is wonderful and makes a great addition to a more “grown-up” sandwich for a party. It’s possible that brie with sliced apples may be a hit as well, but I haven’t tried it yet.
How do you keep the sandwiches warm at a party?
One method to achieve this (and keep them accessible to hungry party-goers) is to use a crockpot. Wrap each sandwich separately in foil and lay them in a crockpot on its lowest setting. You may alternatively bake the rolls for approximately an hour, gently covered with aluminum foil, if you want to save time. Make sure to reduce the temperature to your ovens lowest setting.
Looking for more party sandwiches? Check out this one made fromone large bread loaf! You can also make slider versions of thisNashville Hot Chicken Recipe.
- Hawaiian-style rolls split in half crosswise (do not separate the rolls)
- 12 Hawaiian-style rolls
- 3/4 pound deli ham thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound swiss cheese thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) oven temperature
- Coat a baking dish or sheet pan with cooking spray (big enough to hold the rolls in one layer) before starting. Place the bottom half of the rolls in the serving plate
- And After you’ve stacked the rolls with ham and cheese, it’s time to assemble them. Stack the rolls on top of the cheese and close the buns. Combine the butter, garlic, onions, Dijon mustard (or other mustard of choice), poppy seeds, and Worcestershire sauce in a small mixing bowl until well combined
- Spread the butter mixture over the tops of the rolls in an equal layer. Sandwiches should be covered with aluminum foil and baked for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Continue to bake for a further 3-5 minutes, or until the tops of the rolls are lightly browned
- Remove the rolls from the oven. Using a sharp knife, cut between the rolls to create sandwiches, then serve.
Yield:4Serving Size: 1Servings per container: Calories:701 Fat in total: 44 g 23 g of saturated fat 1 gram of trans fat 16 g of unsaturated fat Cholesterol:133mg Sodium:1853mg Carbohydrates:41g Carbohydrates (net): 37 g Fiber:4g Sugar:2g Protein:37g Nutritionix provided and calculated the information in this report. The Wicked Noodle is the creation of Kristy Bernardo, who is also the recipe developer. Cooking courses for both children and adults have been a part of her life since she was a child, and she has been developing recipes for national companies since 2009.
Kristy Bernardo’s most recent blog entries (see all)
These Ham & Cheese Sliders Are Sweet-Savory Perfection
These sliders are a staple on our Super Bowl appetizer list, and they never fail to wow. The homemade poppyseed dressing elevates them to a whole new level of deliciousness. However, dijon or whole grain mustard would make as great substitutes for the yellow mustard we prefer for its vibrant, pungent flavor. When it comes to buns, we tend to go for sweet Hawaiian rolls. The sweetness of the buns contrasts well with the saltiness of the ham and cheese on the plate. Potato rolls are yet another delicious option.
- Then, using a bread knife, slice them horizontally so that they are all in one piece.
- To construct the sandwiches ahead of time and freeze them, stop just short of the poppyseed.
- In addition, it is possible to prepare the honey mustard dressing ahead of time; however, it should be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
- Did you make these?
Yields:1dozen Preparation time: 0 hours and 5 minutes Time allotted: 0 hours and 25 minutes 1/4 cup mustard (yellow) 1 tablespoon honey 4 tablespoons melted butter 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds 1/4c.mayonnaise 12 slider buns (slider buns) 12 pieces of deli ham and 12 slices of Swiss cheese are used.
- Set a large baking sheet with parchment paper in the oven and preheat to 350 degrees. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the mustard and honey until well combined
- To make poppy dressing, follow these steps: Combine the butter, poppy seeds, and 1 tablespoon of the honey-mustard mixture in a medium-sized mixing dish. To blend, whisk the ingredients together. Horizontally split the slider buns in half, then lay the bottom half of the buns on a baking sheet. Spread mayonnaise in a uniform layer on the bottom layer of slider buns, then top with a layer of ham and cheese that is also well distributed. Top buns should be spread with the honey-mustard mixture before being placed on top of the cheese layer. Pour poppyseed dressing over the tops of the buns, spreading it with a pastry brush if required, until all of the buns are coated. Place in the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the buns are golden brown. Cut into slices and serve
Set a large baking sheet with parchment paper in the oven and preheat to 350°. Whisk together the mustard and honey in a small mixing bowl until well combined. Poppy dressing can be made in the following ways. Put 1 tablespoon of the honey-mustard mixture in a medium-sized mixing bowl, and stir until well combined. mix ingredients with a whisk Horizontally split the slider buns in half, then lay the bottom half of each bun on a baking sheet. Mayonnaise should be spread evenly on the bottom layer of slider buns, then ham and cheese should be evenly distributed on top.
Pour poppyseed dressing over the tops of the buns, spreading it with a pastry brush if required, until all of the buns are coated with dressing.
Prepare the dish by slicing it.
Hot Ham ‘n’ Cheese Sandwiches
Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent sticking. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the mustard and honey until well combined. Preparing poppy dressing is simple: 1 tablespoon of the honey-mustard combination and 1 tablespoon of the butter in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Combine with a whisk. Split the slider buns in half horizontally and set the bottom half of each on a baking sheet to bake for 15 minutes. Spread mayonnaise in an even layer on the bottom layer of slider buns, then top with a layer of ham and cheese that is equally distributed.
Pour poppyseed dressing over the tops of the buns, spreading with a pastry brush if required, until all of the buns are coated.
Using a knife, slice and serve;
a total of 2 servings As Kathy Taylor writes from her home in Mason City, Iowa, “These sandwiches are so quick and easy to make that we find ourselves eating them pretty frequently.” “They’re great for whether you’re rushing out the door or arriving late at home.” Photo courtesy of Taste of Home of Hot Ham ‘n’ Cheese Sandwiches recipe. Every editorial product is chosen on its own merits, while we may be compensated or earn an affiliate commission if you purchase something after clicking on one of our affiliate links.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon strips
- 6 slices deli ham (1/2 ounce each)
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon
- Mayonnaise should be spread over the rolls. Roll bottoms are layered with cheddar cheese, bacon, ham, and mozzarella cheese, then the tops are replaced. Sandwiches should be wrapped in aluminum foil and placed on a baking pan that has not been greased. preheat the oven to 350°F and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted
1 serving has 409 calories, 20 grams of fat (7 grams of saturated fat), 53 milligrams of cholesterol, 1185 milligrams of sodium, 33 grams of carbohydrates (5 grams of sugars, 1 gram of fiber), and 24 grams of protein.
Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
Looking for a quick lunch or weeknight meal? These Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches are the ideal remedy for a cold winter day.
It is possible that this content contains affiliate links. Please go to mydisclosure policy for further details. The fact that I’m a very easy person to please means that melty Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches are one of my favorite things in the world.
Ingredients for Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
Make a list of your ingredients. Here’s everything you’ll need to get started:
- Kaiser rolls that are soft: Kaiser rolls that are soft are my favorite for hot sandwiches. The use of pretzel rolls would also be a fantastic choice. Mayonnaise: Nobody wants a sandwich that is too dry. These sandwiches are topped with a creamy, somewhat spicy sauce made from mayonnaise and mustard
- Yellow mustard Deli ham should be lightly sliced or shaved before serving. Put as much as you can on top of it. The most delicious ham for these sandwiches is honey ham. With the spicy mustard and cheese, it makes for a wonderful combination. Swiss cheese: The combination of Swiss cheese and ham is a popular sandwich combination. It melts well and has a great crunch to it when you bite into it. I decided on two pieces of cheese each sandwich since the more cheese the better. Provolone cheese might also be substituted.
Assemble the Sandwiches
The fact that I’m calling this a recipe makes me feel a bit uncomfortable since it’s so simple. It will only take a few minutes to create these delicious Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches. To begin, combine the mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl for slathering. Spread the sauce on both sides of the cut buns, starting at the bottom. Layer a generous quantity of ham on the bottom of the rolls, starting from the top and working your way down. Two slices of Swiss cheese are placed on top of each serving.
Bake the Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
Cut strips of aluminum foil large enough to completely round and cover each sandwich. Place the sandwiches in the center of the aluminum foil and carefully wrap it up. You may either lay the sandwiches directly on the rack of your preheated oven or arrange them on a baking sheet to make it simpler to remove them from the oven once they have finished baking. Bake until the bread is toasted and the cheese has melted.
More Ways to Enjoy
The grill is a fantastic choice for these sandwiches during the warmer months when you don’t want to switch on the oven. Over medium heat, cook the sandwich wraps for approximately 3 minutes per side, or until the cheese is melted and the bread is crisp. You could even cook them over a campfire if you were going camping. Prepare them ahead of time and you’ll have a delicious, quick meal ready when you arrive at the campground.
More Hot Sandwiches to Try:
Looking for a quick lunch or weeknight meal? These Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches are the ideal remedy for a cold winter day. Preparation time: 5 minutes 20 minutes are allotted for activity. Time allotted: 25 minutes The Main Course is the first course in the sequence. Cuisine:American Hot ham and cheese sandwiches are the focus of this article. Yield:4sandwiches
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 4 bakery kaiser buns or pretzel buns
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced honey ham
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a small mixing dish, combine the mayonnaise and mustard. Using a sharp knife, cut the buns in half and spread each half with sauce. Distribute the ham among the bottom rolls in an even layer. 2 slices of swiss cheese are placed on top of each serving. Top with top buns to complete the look. Cut four sheets of aluminum foil that are large enough to wrap the sandwiches in. Place each sandwich on a piece of waxed paper and wrap it up. Placing the sandwiches on a baking sheet or straight in the oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and gooey will work best.
By submitting your email address, you consent to have it shared with the site owner and Mailchimp in order to receive marketing, updates, and other communications from the site owner and his or her affiliates. You may unsubscribe from such emails at any time by clicking on the link provided in them. Processing… Success! You’ve been added to the list. Whoops! It appears that there was a mistake and we were unable to process your subscription. Please try again after refreshing the page. Looking for a quick lunch or weeknight meal?
Served with shaved deli ham (honey ham is my fave) and a delicious sauce, this dish is a must-try.” loading=”lazy” data-medium-file=” data-large-file=” data-small-file=” height=”1024″ width=”683″ width=”683″ data-pin-description = data-pin-description “Looking for a quick lunch or weeknight meal?
Served with shaved deli ham (honey ham is my fave) and a delicious sauce, this dish is a must-try.” data-pin-title=”Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches – Meg’s Everyday Indulgence” data-pin-description=”Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches – Meg’s Everyday Indulgence” src=” alt=”If you’re looking for a quick and simple lunch or weeknight supper, these Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches are the answer.” Served with shaved deli ham (honey ham is my fave) and a delicious sauce, this dish is a must-try.” srcset=” 683w, 200w, 768w, 1000w” srcset=” 683w, 200w, 768w, 1000w” sizes=”(max-width: 683px) 100vw, 683px” styles=”(max-width: 683px) 100vw, 683px” data-pagespeed-url-hash=”193555361″ onload=”pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality(this);”>
Ham and Cheese Sliders
It is possible that this content contains affiliate links. Sliders with ham and Swiss cheese—Baked juicy ham and Swiss cheese wrapped between soft Hawaiian buns and coated with a buttery Dijon, onion, and poppy seed mixture! Fast, simple, and a crowd-pleasing favorite!
Easy Hawaiian Roll Sliders
The following recipe will satisfy your craving for a quick and easy comfort-food meal for tailgating, holiday parties and celebrations, as well as an after-school snack that everyone enjoys. With a buttery Dijon, onion, and poppy seed topping, baked ham and Swiss cheese are sandwiched between two soft and sweet Hawaiian rolls. A slice of Hawaiian bread is one of my personal favorite kinds of bread, and it’s the ideal accompaniment to these sliders. The center of the sliders remains soft and supple, but the base of the sliders has a subtle crispiness to it from the buttery mixture that drips down during baking.
When you’re eating the sliders, the phrase “butter fingers” may spring into your head.
As an added advantage, your cuticles will be moisturized to a greater extent.
What’s in the Ham and Cheese Sliders?
You’ll need the following ingredients to make these Hawaiian roll ham sliders:
- Hawaiian sweet rolls
- Deli ham
- Swiss cheese
- Unsalted butter
- Dijon mustard
- Poppy seeds
- Dried minced onion
- Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Hawaiian sweet rolls
How to Make Ham and Cheese Sliders
Putting together these Hawaiian roll ham and cheese sliders is a breeze! Using a big serrated knife, cut the rolls in half so that you have a’slab’ of tops and a’slab’ of bottoms on each side. You don’t want to separate the rolls and slice them individually since you want them to remain linked. Place the ham and cheese on the bottom’slab’ of rolls, then place the top’slab’ of rolls back on top of the ham and cheese. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, mustard, poppy seeds, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper until well combined.
The sliders must be allowed to settle for 5 to 10 minutes at room temperature before they can be baked.
After that, bake the sliders until the cheese is melted and then serve them immediately!
- Hawaiian sweet rolls, split in half (see directions for more information)
- One 12-count packet Hawaiian sweet rolls (see directions for more information). cooked deli ham, thinly sliced (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 cup thinly sliced Swiss cheese (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 tablespoons dried chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcesteshire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste) 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a 9-inch or 9-13-inch baking pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying it with cooking spray
- Leave aside. To slice the rolls in half, use a wide serrated knife to cut them in half so you have a “slab” of tops and a “slab” of bottoms
- Do not tear the rolls apart and slice them individually since you want to keep them linked. Place the bottom’slab’ of rolls in the pan that has been prepared
- Using roughly half of the ham, spread it evenly over the buns. Layer the cheese in an even layer. Layer the leftover ham in an even layer. Remove the top’slab’ of rolls and set it aside. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and cook on high speed for about 1 minute, or until melted. Combine the mustard, poppy seeds, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl
- Whisk until well combined. Pour the butter mixture over the rolls in an even and gentle stream. Spread the mixture over the tops of the muffins with a spatula. Some of the mixture will pool at the base of the rolls
- However, this is normal. Wrap the rolls in aluminum foil and let them aside at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted, with the lid on. Uncover and continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes more, or until desired doneness is achieved. The baking time will vary depending on the size of the pan used, the temperature of the oven, and other factors. Bake till done to taste, keeping an eye on them to ensure they don’t burn, as all ovens and ingredients are different. Slice the mixture into individual sliders and serve right away. Sliders taste best when they’re warm and fresh.
1Serving Size (in grams): Calories:156 11 g of total fat 6 g of saturated fat 0 g of Trans Fat 4 g of unsaturated fat Cholesterol:39mg Sodium:514mg Carbohydrates:2g Fiber:0g Sugar:0g Protein:13g
More Party Sliders:
Chili Cheese Sliders—Pepperoni pizza delivered in the form of cheesy sliders! They’re quick and easy to make, can be done in 15 minutes, and are ideal for gatherings because everyone enjoys them! Irresistible to the extreme! Bbq Chicken Sliders Made with Beer and Bourbon— The chicken is cooked in beer and bourbon before being drenched in barbecue sauce! So juicy and tasty, yet so simple to prepare and done in 25 minutes! Sliders with Caramelized Onions and Portobello Mushrooms served with Fry Sauce are the ultimate in meatless comfort food!
Ranch Chicken and Swiss Sliders – Tender chicken breasts are coated in flavorful ranch dressing and topped with Swiss cheese for a delicious appetizer.
Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders– Grilled pineapple slices drizzled with a soy and ginger marinade give these delectable sandwiches a tropical flavor that everyone will love!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Network, an affiliate advertising program designed to offer a mechanism for sites to make advertising revenue by promoting and referring to amazon.com. Amazon Services LLC Associates Program is open to all websites.
Easy Hot Ham and Cheese Sliders
For the big game, create these tasty Ham and Cheese Sliders that come together in a flash and are simple to prepare! They’ll go perfectly with your favorite game day munchies to create a delicious buffet that everyone will enjoy. Challenge Butter has provided sponsorship for this post. Thank you for your continued support of the products that help to make My Baking Addiction a reality. To be really honest with you, I’m going to tell it how it is. Football, on the other hand, isn’t exactly my thing.
- As you can probably tell, it’s not because I’m particularly interested in who is on the field.
- I even have a t-shirt that says something along those lines that I wear to these gatherings, lol!
- If you promise me that I can have snacks that are comparable to those served at a game day, I’ll cheerfully give up eating a gourmet supper.
- I’d be good to go.
HOT HAM AND CHEESE SLIDERS: THE EASIEST GAME DAY SNACK
As someone who is primarily interested in the big game for the munchies, I take the preparation of my game day food quite seriously. As a complement to appetizers such asFrench Onion Chip DipandPizza Dip, I prefer to provide a couple of sandwich alternatives alongside side dishes such asJo Jo Potato Wedges and Macaroni Salad. These quick Ham and Cheese Sliders are a welcome change from the Instant Pot Pulled Pork I’ve served in the past. When I cooked these sliders for the first time, my family gobbled them up.
If your children are at an age where they can attend sleepovers, I believe these would be a lot of fun for sleepover snacks as well!
HOW TO MAKE HAM AND CHEESE SLIDERS
Sliders with ham and cheese are quite simple to make:
- Hawaiian buns should be sliced in half and layered with ham and cheese. Bake after brushing with mustard and herb butter
- Cover with aluminum foil.
One of the things that makes this dish so simple is the fact that the sliders are built as a whole unit before cooking. Make a cross-cut across the entire package of rolls, much as if you were cutting a bagel, to avoid having to separate the rolls from one another. Arrange the sliced ham and cheese on the bottoms of the rolls, then place the tops of the rolls on top of the layers. This is where the action really begins to pick up. Combine the Challenge Salted Butter with the dijon mustard, honey, dried parsley, onion powder, and garlic powder in a mixing bowl, and brush the tops of the rolls with the resulting mixture.
The use of herbs and spices only enhances the flavor of the dish and gives the sliders a unique flavor that sets them apart from the others. Once everything is combined, all that needs to be done is bake it and slice it into individual sliders to serve it.
CAN YOU MAKE HAM AND CHEESE SLIDERS IN ADVANCE?
In order to prepare your appetizers ahead of time, you could easily cook these sliders the day before your guests come! Place the sliders in the pan and cover with aluminum foil to keep them fresh for up to 4 hours in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to serve the sliders, simply bake them according to the directions in the recipe.
ARE HAM AND CHEESE SLIDERS GOOD COLD?
Look, I’m not beyond snatching leftoverHam and Cheese Sliders right from the refrigerator if they’re delicious. They’re actually rather tasty when served chilled. For those who prefer them warm, just wrap one or two sliders in aluminum foil and place the package in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until the sliders are warmed. Whether you serve these sliders on game day or as a midweek supper, this is a simple dish that you’ll want to keep on hand to prepare again and again in the future.
- 4 tablespoons salted Challenge Butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 18 teaspoon onion powder
- 18 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package sweet Hawaiian rolls
- 12 pound thinly sliced cooked deli honey ham
- 12 pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- 4 tablespoons salted Challenge butter, melted
- 4 tablespoon
- Coat an 11-by-7-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray before starting. Put all of the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well
- This will take about a minute or two
- Set aside. Do not tear the rolls apart
- Instead, use a big serrated knife to slice the rolls in half, much like you would a bagel, separating the tops from the bottoms, as seen in the photograph. Cut side up, place the layer of bottoms in the baking pan that has been prepared. Half of the ham should be layered onto the buns. Following that, put the Swiss cheese on top of the ham and finish with the remaining ham pieces. Place the tops of the sandwiches on top of the layer of tops
- Using a pastry brush, spread the entire butter mixture evenly over the rolls. This is the moment at which you can cover and chill for up to 4 hours, or bake right away. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit when you’re ready to start baking. If your pan isn’t already covered with aluminum foil, go ahead and do it now. Sliders should be baked for 12 minutes in a preheated oven with the cover on. Remove the aluminum foil from the baking pan, return the sliders to the oven, and bake for an additional 10 minutes without the foil
Yield12Serving Size1 sliderAmount Per Serving Calories144 Calories per serving 8 g of total fat 4 g of Saturated Fatty Acids Trans Fat0g is an abbreviation for Trans Fat0g. 3 g of unsaturated fatty acids Cholesterol30mg Sodium424mg Carbohydrates6g Fiber0g Sugar2g Protein12g
How to Make the Best Ham & Cheese Sandwich – — Gelson’s
We don’t eat nearly enough grilled ham and cheese sandwiches as we should. In part, this is due to the fact that they are so simple to create — only six steps! — that we tend to forget exactly how great they can be. You don’t believe a ham and cheese sandwich can change your life? Think again. We challenge you to put this recipe to the test. We smear a very soft sourdough bread with butter and a tart Dijon-mayonnaise mixture, and then cook it in a hot pan until it is crispy on the outside. The nutty Gruyère, thin ribbons of ham, and fresh tomatoes are piled on top of the bread while it’s toasting.
- It’s possible that our favorite aspect is the way the melty cheese, tomato, and Dijon-mayo mix to make them nearly saucy in texture.
- Despite the fact that this dish is rich, it is well worth the effort.
- Despite this, it also happens to be a fantastic snack for the same reason.
- In the test kitchen, our much too-small stack of sandwiches was devoured in seconds by hungry participants.
12 cup mayonnaise (optional) 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard Kosher salt, according to personal preference season with freshly ground black pepper to taste 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter, plus an additional 2 tablespoons for frying 8 pieces of artisan sourdough bread 8 ounces Gruyère cheese, thinly cut and split 10 ounces ham shaved and divided 8 tomato slices, cut in half
- Combine the mayonnaise and Dijon mustard in a small mixing bowl until well combined. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Each piece of bread should have roughly 12 tablespoons of softened butter spread on it. Warm 1 teaspoon butter over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet or pan, and then lay 2 pieces of bread in the skillet or pan butter side down. Distribute about 1 teaspoon of the mayonnaise mixture on top of each slice of bread. Using one of the slices of bread, layer 1 ounce of Gruyère cheese, 2 12 ounces of ham, two tomato slices, and then another ounce of cheese on top
- Distribute a little amount of the mayonnaise mixture on the other slice of bread and set it on top of the sandwich, butter side up. Through prepare a second sandwich, repeat steps 3 to 5 once again. Fry the sandwiches for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until the bread is golden brown and the cheese has melted, gently pushing down on the sandwich as it cooks to flatten it as it cooks
- Steps 2 through 6 should be repeated to produce a total of four sandwiches. Serve when still heated.
Nutritional information for this recipe should be calculated. “@context”: “”@type”: “Recipe”,”name”: “How to Make the Best HamCheese Sandwich”,”image”: “”description”: “We don’t eat nearly enough grilled ham and cheese sandwiches.” In part, this is due to the fact that they are so simple to create — only six steps! — that we tend to forget exactly how great they can be. You don’t believe a ham and cheese sandwich can change your life? Think again. “We challenge you to give this dish a go.” , Key terms include “hamcheese sandwich” and “Person.” The author’s e-mail address is “[email protected]” and the name of the restaurant is “Gelson’s.” Date published: “2021-09-27” Preparation time: “PT10M”, Cooking time: “PT10M”, Total cooking time: “PT20M” Recipe time: “PT10M” Date published: “2021-09-27” Recipe time: “PT10M” Date published: “2021-09-27” “Entree” and “recipe” are examples of categories.
The following is the cuisine: “Sandwich”; the following is the recipe yield: “4”; the following is the nutrition information: “@type”: “NutritionInformation”; the following is the serving size of 4″; the following is the fat content of 31 g; the following is the video,”name”: “How to Make the Best HamCheese Sandwich”; the following is the description: “We simply do not eat enough grilled ham and cheese sandwiches.
In part, this is due to the fact that they are so simple to create — only six steps!
You don’t believe a ham and cheese sandwich can change your life? Think again. We challenge you to attempt this recipe.”,”thumbnailUrl”: “”uploadDate”: “2021-09-27″,”contentUrl”: “”embedUrl”: “/script”,”thumbnailUrl”: “”uploadDate”: “2021-09-27″,”contentUrl”: “”embedUrl”: “/script”,”thumbnailUrl”:
Baked Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwich
Hot Ham & Cheese Sandwiches, also known as hot ham and cheese sliders, are a whole new level of gooey, cheesy delight in an oven baked sandwich dish that is really simple to create! The best part is that they have the most delicious poppyseed butter spread all over the crispy tops. Sandwich with ham and cheese on a hot day Update: It was revised in October 2019 with new photographs and the recipe was rewritten so that it now has nutritional information. The sandwiches are still as delectable as they have always been!
They’ve become tired of the same old, same old cold ham and cheese sandwiches, and I can’t say that I blame them!
It’s such a refreshing change of pace, and my sons are crazy over them!
What I love about Ham and Cheese Sliders
One of my favorite aspects of this dish is that it can be made ahead of time and still taste just as excellent. Assemble them as you normally would, then place them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve them for lunch or supper. Simply place the sliders in the oven and bake them until they are golden brown. Dinner is now a possibility even on days when I’m stuck in a tractor, which is really saying something. I normally prepare enough to feed a large group of people, which makes them the ideal sandwich for a party.
- It’s so convenient to just take them out of the freezer and toss them in the boys’ lunches on the go.
- The second fantastic aspect of these hot sandwiches is that you can vary the tastes by including various types of cheeses and meats into the mix.
- You can do everything you set your mind to.
- Please leave a comment at the bottom of this page letting me know which combination you tried!
My readers LOVE these sandwiches as much as I do!
“Hello, Amy! I’m taking a Culinary Arts class, and one of the assignments was to construct a slider. I came saw this recipe and OMG! “It was a huge hit with everyone!” Kristine These are really delicious! What I appreciate about this dish is that you can customize it to your liking by mixing and matching meat and cheese. These were once ordered as a birthday supper for me:) Sliders with PyperHot Ham and Cheese
FAQ’s about my hot ham and cheese sandwiches recipe.
This recipe may be made with any kind of roll! Hawaiian rolls are a favorite of many and are quite effective.
What kind of cheese is best with ham?
Swiss, cheddar, mozzarella, Monterey Jack, and pepper jack are all excellent choices for a grilled cheese sandwich. Cheese that has been shredded or sliced works great.
Can I freeze ham and cheese sliders?
Yes! Fry leftover sliders in an airtight jar for up to 3 months after they have been baked.
How do I reheat frozen sliders?
Microwave frozen sliders for about 1 minute, then turn them over and microwave for another 1 minute, or until they are warmed through.
Sliders can also be thawed in the refrigerator before being heated in the microwave for 1 minute.
Can I bake hot ham and cheese sandwiches in foil?
Yes. Alternatively, individual sandwiches can be covered in aluminum foil and baked until well cooked. Making a hot ham and cheese sandwich is simple.
How to make Ham and Cheese Sliders?
This recipe for cheese and ham sandwiches takes only a few minutes to put together a large number of sandwiches. Because it is so simple, it is also an excellent dish for the whole family to participate in.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the rolls in half. Even better if the rolls are linked to the spools. Simply cut the entire thing at once and assemble it into a single large sandwich, after which you may cut it into pieces. Placing the bottoms of the rolls in an oiled pan is recommended. Stack deli ham on the bottoms of the rolls
- Add a layer of sliced cheese on top of it. Replace the top half of the rolls with new ones. Poppy seeds, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, and mustard are combined with melted butter. Rolls should be brushed with the butter mixture. Bake
Oven-heated ham and cheese sandwiches
Tips for baking hot ham and cheese sandwiches in the oven.
- Bake the meat and cheese sliders at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, uncovered. This allows all of the cheese to melt and get gooey before the tops of the rolls become too browned. Using aluminum foil, cover the tops of the rolls if they become too crispy and brown before the remainder of the sandwiches are heated through. Allow sliders to rest for approximately 5 minutes before slicing into them. This aids in keeping all of the hot ham and cheese tucked away within the slider
- Nonetheless, If the sliders have been sitting in the refrigerator for more than 5 minutes, increase the baking time by 5 minutes.
Rolls with ham and cheese that are hot and fresh
What goes with ham and cheese sandwiches?
First and foremost. Make Ahead Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches are fantastic for party sandwiches or a weekday meal! Here are some easy side dish dishes to offer with them that are quick and easy to prepare.
- Potato chips baked in the oven
- An easy fruit salad recipe
- A recipe for three bean salad
- A recipe for cauliflower salad For supper, have a look at these side dish recipes and more salad suggestions. In addition, here is a collection of simple bar cookie recipes as well as simple dessert dishes that require few ingredients.
Other Slider Recipes you will love!
- Best Breakfast Sandwich
- Pizza Sliders
- Roast Beef Sliders
- Turkey Sliders
- Oven Baked Hotdogs
- Best Breakfast Sandwich
Make sure to save this recipe forHam and Cheese Sliders to your Pinterest board for later!
Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
- CourseLunchCuisineAmerican Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 15 minutes Time allotted: 35 minutes Everything is better with ham and cheese, and it only gets better when served in these adorable tiny hot ham and cheese sandwich cups! Over the tops of the rolls are layers of gooey cheese and deli ham, along with a lusciously buttery poppy seed topping that is too good to refuse.
Ingredients for making ham and cheese sandwiches
- CourseLunchCuisineAmerican 20 minutes for preparation 15 minutes to prepare 35 minutes in total Anyone who like ham and cheese will enjoy these adorable small hot ham and cheese sandwiches even more. Over the tops of the rolls are layers of gooey cheese and deli ham, along with a lusciously buttery poppy seed topping that is too good to pass up.
How to make ham and cheese sliders
- Using a sharp knife, cut the rolls in half. If the rolls are glued together, it’s fine to keep them that way for the time being. Simply cut the whole item in half to create the tops and bottoms for the sandwich
- This is all that is required. Place the bottom half of the rolls in a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes. In most cases, 12 rolls will fit neatly in a 9″ x 13″ pan. Place a layer of deli ham on the bottom halves of the buns
- Place a layer of cheese on top of the ham
- Slice the rolls in half. Sandwiches should be assembled with the tops of the buns on. Remove from consideration
How to make poppy seed butter for sandwiches
- Using a microwave-safe dish, melt the butter
- Combine the Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, onion powder, and mustard in a mixing bowl. Combine until everything is well-combined.
How to bake ham and cheese sliders
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake the sliders for 15 minutes, uncovered. Check to see that the cheese has completely melted and that the tops of the sliders are golden brown. If necessary, bake for a further five minutes longer.
It is possible to prepare these sliders ahead of time and bake them when you are ready to serve them. After constructing the sliders, place them in the refrigerator. When it comes to baking, follow the directions in the recipe. It is possible that you may need to bake the sandwiches for a few minutes longer to ensure that they are completely heated. It’s completely acceptable to use whichever type of cheese you choose! Pepper jack, cheddar, Monterey jack, and mozzarella are all excellent cheese choices!
tried this recipe?
Make sure to send it to me as well! Please leave a comment or tag me on Instagram.
Easy Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
When I say that these hot ham and cheese sandwiches are the simplest I’ve ever prepared, I’m not exaggerating. These aren’t your ordinary ham and cheese sandwich made from a loaf of bread, however. These are. well, sort of awesome, to be honest. Buttery and creamy, with a slight heat from the pepper jack cheese (which may be added if desired). Oh, and when I say “easiest,” I could as well be referring to the “tastiest.”
EASY HOT HAM AND CHEESE SANDWICHES
The fact why these sandwiches are so simple to create is due to the fact that there is no buttering of the bread, piece by piece, involved. There will be no individual type assembly. Everything is prepared in a single dish. Everything is baked in a single dish. Cut into a single dish. All of the food is served in a single plate.
What Ingredients Do I Need?
All of the ingredients can be obtained with relative ease from your local major grocery store! That is one of the most appealing aspects of this recipe! Sandwich, yes, but it’s hot, cheesy, hammy, and nothing like your typical two pieces of bread sandwich! You will require the following materials:
- Crescent dough tubes – (I know, I know, I know, I know.) In fact, these sandwiches may be referred to as Easy Hot Ham and Cheese Croissant Sandwiches! Oh my god, why didn’t I think of it sooner?) lol
- Ham sliced thinly (Your favorite deli ham is the best choice for this.)
- The following ingredients are optional: Sliced Cheese (I used pepper jack cheese for a lovely little kick, but you dear reader, feel free to use any other type of slice cheese you choose!)
- Do you happen to have some Grey Poupon? Dijon Mustard haha… – I’ll admit it, I’m showing my age here. Your preferred dijon mustard is ideal for this recipe. Fresh parsley is preferred, but dried works just as well
- Butter (melted)
- Lemon juice (optional)
What Types of Cheeses Can I Use?
Basically, you may use any sort of paper you choose.
I used pepper jack cheese since it has additional spices and peppers imbedded in the cheese slices, which enhances the flavor even more. You are not required to use it, though, if you do not enjoy spicy flavors. Simply choose a cheese that melts really well. You could make use of:
- Cheddar, Mozzarella, Gruyere, Havarti, Marble, and Swiss cheeses are among the options. If the mood struck you, you could even have a sliced blue cheese sandwich.
Can I Add Extra Types of Meat?
Cheddar, Mozzarella, Gruyere, Havarti, Marble, and Swiss cheeses are some of the most popular. If the mood struck you, you could even have a sliced blue cheese sandwich;
How Do I Assemble This Hot Ham Sammy?
The dough for the croissants (crescents) is the most difficult (but it is not difficult at all). When it comes out of the ‘jack in the box’ tube and you unroll it, all you’ll have to do is press the seams together because they are perforated for the croissant roll-ups, and you’ll be good to go. Apart than that, it’s really straightforward!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Roll out the dough and set it in a baking sheet to pre-bake. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the mustard on top of the toppings before placing the last bunch of dough on top. smear butter on a baking sheet
They are really quick and simple to make, allowing you to serve a large number of people at the same time. AND, if you make two at a time, you’ll be able to feed a large group! Additionally, if you are feeding a larger group, you may prepare theseEasy Italian Slidersand/or myChicken Cordon Bleusliders as well! Seriously, these are a huge hit at any event for which I cater! For a fantastic side dish to accompany these delightful sandwiches, try this creamy dill potato salad from Stacey @ Southern Discourse; combined, they’d form the ideal supper!
Tips for making these hot ham sandwiches:
- Always press the seams together in the dough to the greatest extent possible (unless you wish to cut them into little triangles after baking, which is an alternative)
- Allow the sandwiches to rest for a few minutes after they have been removed from the oven
- And serve immediately. Because that cheese is lava hot, you don’t want anyone to burn themselves on it. Store brand croissant dough is typically just as good as brand name croissant dough in this situation. So, if you have access to it and are able to save money by doing so, do so
- While placing the butter in the pan, use dried parsley instead of fresh. In order to prevent fresh parsley from clumping together, add some minced garlic or garlic powder to the melted butter for even more flavor (this is something I did, but it is completely optional!)
That’s all there is to it, everyone! It would be wonderful if you could comment below after making these delicious and super easy hot ham and cheese sandwiches to let me know how they turned out for you! Did you make any substitutions with the meat or cheese? I’d be interested in hearing about it! Please accept my sincere thanks for visiting by The Salty Pot today, and have a wonderful day!
- Pilsbury crescent dough, 2 cans (about)
- A dozen slices of deli ham (choose your favorite)
- 8 slices of Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 3-4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced or dried garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Remove the dough from the tube and flatten it out into a rectangle. Join the seams of the dough together to produce a single huge piece of dough. parchment paper or nonstick spray should be used to line or butter an 8-by-11-inch baking dish. Place the dough on a baking dish and bake for the amount of time specified on the tube of dough. When the cooking time is up, remove from the heat. Place a thin layer of dijon mustard on top of the baked croissant bread
- 4 slices of cheese, or as much cheese as you want to cover the surface of the bread, should be layered on top of the bread. To layer the ham on top of the cheese, fold each piece in half and place on top of the cheese
- The remaining cheese slices should be placed on top of the ham. Remove the second batch of dough from the tube using a slotted spoon. Pinch the seams together once more, then lay on top of the cheese slices again. Melt the butter in a small bowl and stir in the parsley and garlic until well combined. Using a pastry brush, paint the top of the dough
- Heat the sandwiches in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown on top and the cheese has melted
- Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes to allow the cheese to cool somewhat. The cheese will be quite hot and can easily burn! Enjoy
**Oh! Don’t forget to pin this pretty hot ham and cheese sandwich pin to your favorite Pinterest board to save for later! **
This grilled ham and cheese sandwich is transformed into something special by the simple change of Gruyère for American cheese and the addition of a dab of French mustard to elevate it from the ordinary. This grilled ham and cheese sandwich dish expands on the conventional grilled cheese sandwich and transforms it into something exceptional by making a few easy adjustments to the original. Renee Schettler is a writer and editor.
How can I change up the ingredients in this grilled ham and cheese sandwich?
We have no concerns regarding this sandwich in its precise form as it is mentioned on the package. It’s so good that we look forward to having leftover holiday ham so that we can top it with some fancy French mustard and some snazzy Gruyère cheese, which is something we really like doing. However, you may modify it to suit your tastes or to use whatever ingredients you happen to have on hand at the time.
Prepare your work area by placing both pieces of bread on it. Spread a little amount of butter on top of each slice of bread, then spread the mustard on top of the butter to finish off the sandwiches. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then top with the other slice of bread, mustard-side down, to create a sandwich. Cook the remaining butter in a pan over medium-high or medium-low heat until melted. Remove from the oven and carefully lay the sandwich in the pan. Cook for 3 minutes each side, turning once, until the sandwich is crisp and golden brown.
The original version of this article was published on December 26, 2015.
Matt Armendariz took this photo in 2011.
All intellectual property rights are retained. All assets were used with the consent of the creators. If you prepare this dish, take a photo of it and tag it with the hashtag #LeitesCulinaria. We’d love to see your works on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwich Casserole
When you’re looking to feed a crowd on game day, on a holiday, or even just because, this hot ham and cheese sandwich casserole is the recipe for you! Anyone who hosts a party on a regular basis will appreciate some wonderful party recipes, don’t you think? In the case of a large party, I tend to go toward dishes like no bean pork chili or baked zitias, which are simple to prepare and always a hit with guests. I prefer to stick with tried and true classics since they are less stressful, and I believe that the host should be able to relax and enjoy the party as well.
- It is possible that this content contains affiliate links.
- Everything is prepared in a single pan.
- It’s perfectly OK to use gorgeous casserole dishes if you’re the sort that doesn’t mind a couple of additional pans in the sink or if you have lovely casserole dishes that you’d like to show off.
Prep these the day before, place them in the refrigerator, and then bake them about an hour or so before the party begins.
The conventional method is to use ham and cheese on Hawaiian rolls, which is what I did with King’s Hawaiian Rolls.
Amazon is one of my favorite places to shop., alternatively you can use party potato rolls instead.
The number of possible combinations is virtually limitless!
- Bake in a convection oven (for smaller amounts) with disposable metal baking pans, a baking dish, a spatula, and a chef’s knife.
- 2-packs King’s Hawaiian buns (party potato rolls are an excellent option)
- 1-pound shaved Virginia ham
- 24-slice Swiss cheese
- 1-1/2 sticks butter
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- In order to serve the King’s Hawaiian rolls, cut them in half. Using the bottom half of the rolls, line the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking pan (they should just about fit)
- Half of the ham should be spread over the rolls, and half of the Swiss cheese should be layered on top
- Continue to stack the ham and cheese until the dish is finished. Place the remaining halves of the rolls on top of the first and gently press them down. Remove from consideration
- The butter, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and dried onions should all be combined in a small sauce pan. Stir constantly over medium heat until the butter has completely melted to form the sauce. Pour the sauce over the tops of the rolls, and then sprinkle the poppy seeds on top of the rolls
- Then serve. Wrap the pans securely in aluminum foil and place them in the refrigerator for at least three hours, preferably overnight (best), before serving.
When you’re ready to start baking, do the following:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Preheat the oven to 200°F and bake the covered baking pans for 20 minutes. Remove the lid and bake for a further 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted completely, whichever comes first.
Warm or at room temperature are both acceptable serving temperatures. This recipe makes 24 tiny sandwiches.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I receive money when people make purchases via my links.
- GEEKHOM Silicone Spatula, 600 Degree Heat Resistant BPA Free Non Toxic Rubber Spatulas Set for Non Stick Cookware, Large Flexible Heavy Duty Turner for Cooking Flipping Fish Pancake Eggs – 4 Pack, XL
- J.A. Henckels International 31161-201
- GEEKHOM Silicone Spatula, 600 Degree Heat Resistant BPA Free Non Toxic Rubber Spatulas Set for Non Stick Cookware, Large Flexible Heavy The following items are included: CLASSIC Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch, Black
- Pyrex Deep Baking Dish Set (6-Piece, BPA-Free Lids)
- OXO Good Grips (Set of 3). Better Balloon Whisk, 11-Inch
- Calphalon Contemporary Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Cookware, Pour and Strain Sauce Pan, 3 1/2-quart, Black
- EHomeA2Z Aluminum Pans Half Size
- Calphalon Contemporary Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Cookware, Pour and Strain Sauce Pan, 3 1/2-quart Pack of ten (ten, half-size) disposable 9″ × 13″ sheets
Yield:12Serving Size: 1Servings per container: Calories:437 36 g of total fat 21 g of saturated fat 1 gram of trans fat 12 g of unsaturated fat Cholesterol:115mg Sodium:754mg Carbohydrates:5g Fiber:0g Sugar:1g Protein:23g