How do you make a roll up sandwich?
- Directions Roll out dough to a 12 inch round. Layer Salami, Ham Cheese leaving a half inch border. Sprinkle with Oregano, Garlic Salt, Pepper and Dried Parsley. Brush border with beaten egg. Roll up tight folding in edges as you roll. Place on Pam Spayed Cookie Sheet and brush top and sides with beaten egg. Bake at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes.
What can you put in a roll up?
They’re guaranteed to make your game day crowd give you a cheer!
- Spinach Dip Pinwheels.
- Cheddar Chorizo Pinwheel Bites.
- Pizza Muffins.
- Monte Cristo Pinwheels.
- Barbecue Chicken Pizza Pinwheels.
Can pinwheels be made night before?
Yes, you can make pinwheels the day or night before you plan to serve them. If Serving within 1 Day. Store the pinwheels at room temperature, then reheat in the oven.
Can you make pinwheel sandwiches ahead of time?
Yes! Making the pinwheels up to 24 hours in advance is a great way to save time on party day. You can also try variations, like these Ranch Tortilla Roll-Ups.
What is an AB roll up?
Lift your head and arms off the floor and begin to roll up to sitting, focusing on the abs pulling toward the spine to engage the deep abs (aka the transverse abdomonis ), rounding the back, and keeping the motion smooth.
Are roll ups better for you?
Roll-ups are at least as harmful for you as ordinary cigarettes, and can cause the same health risks. Studies have suggested that people who smoke roll-ups also have an increased risk of cancer of the mouth, oesophagus, pharynx and larynx compared to smokers of manufactured cigarettes.
How do you keep pinwheel sandwiches from getting soggy?
Use a somewhat dry filling or drain a moist filling with paper towels. Starting toasting: Toasted bread tends to keep its rigidity and absorb less liquid than untoasted. If you still want that chewiness, pick a loaf with thicker slices and toast slightly. Remember to keep your bread cold before stacking your sandwich.
How do I keep pinwheels from getting soggy?
If you’re dealing with wet ingredients and you’re worried about sogginess, create a moisture barrier layer between the wet fillings and the tortilla; well-dried layers of lettuce or spinach usually do the trick.
Can pinwheel sandwiches be frozen?
Yes, you can freeze pinwheels so you can eat them later. They will last up to 2 months in the freezer if they are kept in an airtight container or bag. I prefer to flash freeze all of my easy pinwheel recipes by laying the cut pinwheels on a baking sheet and placing in the freezer for 2 hours.
Will Mayo make a tortilla soggy?
Mayo is higher in fat and can keep your wrap from getting super soggy; however, other condiments — like dressings or vinaigrettes — can make your wrap soggy. Use very little or consider keeping them on the side if possible.
How do you pinwheel a plate sandwich?
Roll the tortilla into tight tube, making sure the edges stick down. Slice the tube into 2″ pinwheels (4-6 per roll depending on the size of your tortilla) and arrange on plates or trays. Tip: clustering the pinwheel sandwiches together on a plate will help keep them rolled.
Italian Sub Sandwich Roll-Ups – Easy Flavorful Appetizer Recipe
With all of the characteristics of a typical Italian sub sandwich, these Italian Sub Sandwich Roll-Ups make an excellent appetizer that is quick and easy to prepare.
Italian Sub Sandwich Roll-Ups:
Inspired by Charm is celebrating a special day today. Along with teaching people how to make these Italian Sub Sandwich Roll-Ups, we’re also throwing a baby shower for them. I’m willing to bet you didn’t anticipate being invited to a baby shower on a random Wednesday in March. Surprise! Joanne ofFifteen Spatulas, one of my blogging friends, just brought her first little bundle of joy into the world. Yes, this is a Welcome Baby Shower, not a Pre-Baby Shower. The idea for a little celebration for Joanne and her new son James came from a group of bloggers who felt it would be fun.
As is customary in my family for parties, roll-ups were created for Joanne’s virtual shower, so I thought I’d include them in my preparations.
As previously said, I enjoy using roll-ups (or pinwheels, if you prefer) to entertain guests.
How to Make Italian Sub Sandwich Roll-Ups:
These roll-ups are inspired by the taste of a traditional Italian sub. To start, a layer of cream cheese is layered with Italian spices and sub sandwich vegetables. This stuff is wonderful. I really appreciate the addition of the banana peppers. As soon as the cream cheese layer has been uniformly distributed on a tortilla, you can begin assembling the remaining layers, which will comprise salami, pepperoni, and Provolone cheese. Tomatoes and mixed greens round things off, and now you’re ready to roll.
Who knew you could cram the yumminess of a traditional Italian sub into a bite-sized appetizer?
If you don’t care for black olives or tomatoes, you may exclude them from the recipe.
Let’s go to work in the kitchen.
Italian Sub Sandwich Roll-Ups:
- Have you tried this recipe yet? Please leave a review
- Course:Appetizer Cuisine:American Appetizers, pinwheels, and roll-ups are some of the terms used. Servings:50 Preparation time: 30 minutes Time allotted: 30 minutes These Italian Sub Sandwich Roll-Ups are a tasty and simple snack that incorporates all of the tastes of a typical Italian sub
- They are also gluten free.
- You may have already attempted this recipe. Publish your thoughts on the site. Course:Appetizer Cuisine:American Appetizers, pinwheels, and roll-ups are some examples of keywords. Servings:50 30 minutes for preparation 30 minutes in total With all of the characteristics of a typical Italian sub sandwich, these Italian Sub Sandwich Roll-Ups are a simple and tasty appetizer.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, salad dressing mix, banana peppers, red onion, green onion, red pepper, and black olives until well combined. Mix with a hand mixer until everything is well-combined
- Spread about 1/4 cup of the cream cheese mixture over a tortilla
- Place four slices of salami, three pieces of pepperoni, and three slices of Provolone cheese on top of the cream cheese mixture, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the perimeter of the dish
- Repeat with the other ingredients. Add a couple slices of tomato and a sprinkling of mixed greens to finish it off. Roll up as tightly as possible
- Placing toothpicks about an inch apart down the length of the rolled tortilla is a good idea. To make the pinwheels, cut in between the toothpicks using a sharp knife. Continue with the remaining tortillas and fillings until all of the tortillas are used. Keep them refrigerated until it’s time to use them.
Calories:94kcal Carbohydrates:4g Protein:5g Fat:7g 3 g of saturated fat 1 gram of trans fat Cholesterol:17mg Sodium:298mg Potassium:74mg Fiber:1g Sugar:1g 251 International Units (IU) of vitamin A Vitamin C (three milligrams) Calcium:81mg Iron:1mg
Looking for more appetizer recipes? I recommend these:
- Recipes include Buffalo Chicken Roll-Ups, Homemade Pizza Bread, The BEST Vegetable Dip, Artichoke Wonton Wrappers, Bacon Cheddar Ranch Pinewheels, and many more delicious dishes.
Tada! Your appetizers are ready to be served. Isn’t it straightforward? I believe Joanne will appreciate them. Congratulations to Joanne and her husband on the arrival of their baby child. James, you’ve arrived in the world. You’re a really fortunate young man. Your mother is a one-of-a-kind person. Her cooking and baking skills are also exceptional, so prepare yourself for a future filled with delectable meals. And thank you very much for becoming a part of our group! Don’t forget to keep the shower going by checking out some of the other delectable delicacies listed below.
- Drinks Deborah of Taste and Tell created a fruit freeze.
- Kathy of Panini makes a delicious ginger lemonade.
- Jeanette of Jeanette’s Healthy Living shares her recipe for Roasted Red Pepper Sun Dried Tomato Hummus.
- Goat Cheese that has been whipped Meseidy of The Noshery created a Blueberry Balsamic Crostini that was delicious.
- Heather of Heather’s Kitchen created these Crostini with Almond Ricotta and Spicy Olive Tapenade.
- Jamie of My Baking Addiction created this Orange Fluff recipe.
- according to Bridget of Bake at 350 Cakes made with little coconut poundcakes from Mary of Barefeet In The Kitchen.
- Cookies in the shape of unicorns, courtesy of Jessie of Cake.
- From the blog Glory of Glorious Treats comes this lemon blueberry bread.
Sommer of A Spicy Perspective created a blintz with blackberry sauce for us. Bree of Baked Bree created this pastel rainbow cake. From Andie of Andie Mitchell, we have individual chocolate souffles. You might also be interested.
Turkey Club Tortilla Roll-Ups
Filling thin-sliced deli turkey, fresh greens, peppers, and creamy dressing in spirals that wrap up quickly for a quick lunch or appetizer is easy with this recipe.
- 4oz melted cream cheese
- 1/2cup chopped pepperoncini
- 2tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 4 slices crisply cooked bacon
- 6Old El PasoTM flour tortillas, 8-inch (from 11.5-oz bag)
- 1/2cup chopped tomato
- 1/2lb thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 6leaves leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing.
- 1In a small mixing basin, whisk together the mayonnaise and cream cheese until smooth. 2Heat tortillas according to package directions, adding pepperoncini, cilantro, and bacon as needed. 3 Spread roughly 2 teaspoons mayonnaise mixture on each tortilla. Top each with 1 rounded spoonful tomato, 1 slice turkey and 1 lettuce leaf. Each tortilla should be carefully rolled. Cut each roll into 8 pieces
- Fasten each piece with cocktail toothpick. Serve immediately or cover securely and fridge until serving time
Tips from the Betty Crocker Kitchens
- Tip 1: Pepperoncini, also known as Tuscan peppers, may be found in the pickle area of your shop. The “heat” level of these peppers ranges from medium to medium-hot. a second tip: prepare these simple appetizers up to 4 hours ahead of time and keep them refrigerated until shortly before serving
50 calories, 3 1/2 grams of total fat, 2 grams of protein, 3 grams of total carbohydrate, and 0 grams of sugar
Calories50 Calories from Fat30 calories from fat Total fat3 1/2g5 percent of total fat3 1/2g5 percent of total fat3 1/2g5 percent Saturated fat1g5 percent Trans fat0g Saturated fat1g5 percent 135mg sodium, 5 mg cholesterol, 2 percent cholesterol, 5 mg sodium 6% of the population Potassium25mg 1% of the population Carbohydrates in total (3g1 percent) Dietary Fiber0g0 percent of total calories Sugars0g Protein2g Vitamin A4 is present in 4% of people.
Vitamin C4 is made up of 4% of the total.
Iron is 0 percent of the total.
1/2 starch; 0 fruit; 0 carbohydrate other than starch; 0 skim milk; 0 low-fat milk; 0 milk; 0 vegetable; 0 very lean meat; 0 lean meat; 0 high-fat meat; 1/2 fat;* 2,000 calorie diet is used to get the percent Daily Values. Twenty-first Century Mills ®/TM General Mills All Rights Reserved
17 EASY Pinwheel Party Sandwiches You’ll Love!- Aleka’s Get-Together
Pinwheel sandwiches are a fun, simple, and adaptable way to serve a large group of people. They may be prepared ahead of time and served cold if necessary! Here are some fun and tasty sandwich roll-ups that you can create and serve to your guests as an appetizer, lunch, or even a light supper!
How To Make Pinwheel Sandwiches
Pinwheels are one of my favorite things. They are quite tasty and, if prepared properly, may be the highlight of your celebration. I really appreciate how adaptable these are, as well as the fact that they may be served cold! These sandwiches, which are normally constructed with soft tortillas or bread, are not unfamiliar to those who have never had them. If you enjoy small sandwiches, you’ll want to check out 22 Mini Sandwich Ideas (Party Appetizer Sliders)! Tortillas de Guacamole (Soft Tortillas) Because flour tortillas are a bit softer and simpler to deal with than corn tortillas, they are more commonly used in this recipe; nevertheless, both would be wonderful!
BreadPinwheels made out of sandwich bread are also a trendy trend right now!
Bread is available in a multitude of varieties, ranging from white to wheat to rye, much as tortillas are.
The following are the procedures to be followed when utilizing bread:
- To begin, you must first cut or trim the crust from the loaf of bread. Stacking them will save you time, but you will need to use a rolling pin to level out each slice once you have stacked them. It’s similar to the process of rolling out pizza dough. This allows for a wider surface area to be filled or stuffed, as well as making rolling them easier! Some individuals choose to join many slices together to form an even larger “canvas” to fill and roll
- Others prefer to use a single slice as a “canvas.” Fill or distribute anything you like inside each slice and tightly roll them up
- This is the next step. It is critical to allow your rolls to cool in the refrigerator for a short period of time to allow the filling to solidify. Cut into little pinwheels using a sharp knife. Your rounds should be around 1″ in diameter.
When assembling your pinwheels, an useful suggestion is to apply a creamy base or dressing onto the tortilla, which will work as a “glue,” holding everything together. You may be as creative as you want with your filling. Lunch meats are usually a good choice because they are simple to come by and are already pre-sliced when you buy them.
You may use any type of cheese you like, and you can even put in some fresh vegetables for crunch and freshness. Spinach/lettuce, bell peppers, red onions, avocados, and celery are some of my favorite vegetables. I also enjoy adding bacon or even chips to my dishes.
This section has a collection of simple and delectable pinwheels and roll-ups that would be excellent to offer at any occasion! The majority of them are supposed to be served cold or at room temperature and may be prepared ahead of time! Pinwheels with Vegetables in a Rainbow Color Make these pinwheels for your next get-together and you’ll have the perfect finger snack. Not only are they healthful, but they’re also quite simple to create, thanks to the abundance of rainbow-colored vegetables and chickpeas.
- Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels are a delicious appetizer.
- Roll-Ups of Caesar Salad and Lettuce Recipe for a quick and simple party appetizer or lunch.
- Pinwheels made with cranberry cream cheese This recipe for cranberry cream cheese pinwheels has been a Christmas season staple for us this year.
- What’s not to like about it?
- Sliders with a Baked Spiral “Hawaiian Roll” These adorable Spiral Hawaiian Roll Sliders are a creative twist on the perennially popular baked party sandwiches.
- If you’re planning a party, we’ve got three distinct options for you to test!
- These dishes are both tasty and nutritious.
A fast snack or an elegant appetizer, they’re both excellent choices.
I challenge you to consume just one of them!
This recipe is simple to prepare and is ideal for lunch or snacks.
I assure you that they will be the first things to be eliminated!
You may serve them as a delightful meal, appetizer, or snack!
The smoked provolone cheese works wonderfully with the turkey, which is then wrapped in a pesto cream cheese concoction that will have you going back for more time and time again!
You can’t help but fall in love with these pepperoni pizza pinwheels!
Pinwheels with a Cheesy Twist Making these wonderful and cheesy pinwheel appetizers with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and sour cream makes them extremely creamy and delectable!
Pickle pinwheels are a delicious combination of cream cheese, sliced ham, and chopped pickles that are creamy, crispy, and full of flavor.
Tortilla Roll-ups with Roasted Beef are quick and easy to make.
These delectable sweets are ready in minutes and are ideal for a variety of events, from an after-school snack to feeding a large group of people at a family gathering.
When you don’t want to worry in the kitchen, these turkey roll-ups are the perfect cold snack to present to your visitors when they arrive.
The dressing is what elevates these simple turkey roll-ups to a higher level of excellence. Almost every sandwich you prepare will benefit from using this sauce as a condiment!
Final Tips For Making Your Roll-ups
To offer as an appetizer or finger snack at any occasion, pinwheels are ideal! Once you’ve decided what kind of roll-ups to make, make sure to follow these instructions to ensure that they turn out perfectly every time.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the pinwheels into little pieces. The interior of each pinwheel is what people see at first so make sure you include in vibrant components like fresh herbs, red peppers, spinach, etc
- Even if you are using one recipe, think of using various varieties of tortilla or bread to provide additional color and diversity
- Allowing your pinwheels to set in the refrigerator for a few hours or preparing them the night before is a good option. This will make slicing them a lot simpler and more consistent. Wrapping your pinwheels in plastic wrap helps them set up overnight
- Serve your pinwheels with several sauces on the side for guests to add over their pinwheels! (Or incorporate a different spread, or dressing, within a few of your pinwheels!)
- Prepare more than one choice. Make some gluten free, some with meat, some vegetarian, and then arrange a huge party “sandwich” plate for your guests to pick from
Preparation time: 20 minutes plus cooling
Approximately 4 dozen This dish was given to me by a friend, and everytime I serve these tortilla pinwheel sandwiches, people come up to me and beg for the recipe. It is possible to make the cream cheese pinwheels ahead of time and then slice them shortly before serving, giving you more time to complete other last-minute party preparations. PAT WAYMIRE of Yellow Springs, Ohio says:
- 1 package (8 ounces) softened cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles, well drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Garlic powder to taste
- Seasoned salt to taste
- 1 5 flour tortillas (10 inches in diameter)
- Salsa, if desired
- Cream together the cream cheese, cheese, and sour cream until well combined. Combine the olives, green chiles, green onions, and spices in a large mixing bowl. Spread the mixture over the tortillas and roll them up firmly. Wrap each individually in plastic wrap, twisting the ends to close
- Place in the refrigerator for several hours
- Unwrap. Using a serrated knife, cut the vegetables into 1/2- to 3/4-inch slices. As a finishing touch, salsa can be added if desired.
Appetizer Tortilla Pinwheels Tips
Yes! The ability to make the pinwheels up to 24 hours ahead of time is a terrific method to save time on party day. You may also experiment with different versions, such as these Ranch Tortilla Roll-Ups.
How do you keep tortilla roll-ups from getting soggy?
Make sure to correctly measure the sour cream in order to prevent the tortilla roll-ups from becoming mushy. Filling will be drippy, and the tortilla will be soggy from using a generous cup. Despite this, there is no need to drain the chilies. The modest quantity of liquid included in a can of chopped green chilies contributes to the filling’s creamy smoothness by thickening it. Also, don’t miss the step of wrapping the roll-ups in plastic wrap; this is the most effective way to protect them from becoming soggy.
How long do pinwheels last?
Keep any leftover pinwheel sandwiches in an airtight container for up to a week, but not longer than that. The tastiest alternative is to consume them within a day or two of purchase. If you wait much longer, they might turn soggy.
The following are the nutritional values for one pinwheel: 63 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate (1 g sugar, 0 fiber), 2 g protein.
21 Easy Pinwheel Sandwiches Recipes For Lunch or Party Appetizers
There are a variety of pinwheel sandwich recipes that are great for a picnic lunch, party starter, or even a beach snack. Almost any sandwich flavor you can think of tastes even better when it’s folded up into beautiful finger food spirals. Pinwheels are just appealing, whether it’s because of their alluring circle of delectable components that beckons you to take it up and try it or because of its compact bite-sized adorableness, pinwheels are simply irresistible. Pinwheels, often known as rollups, are a great way to break up a monotonous sandwich.
Pinwheels are layered with delectable ingredients that lend themselves to being rolled tightly into an oval vessel before being sliced into edible pieces that are perfect for packing in a lunch box or serving on pinwheel appetizer trays.
Pinwheel sandwiches to try
In this collection of sandwich ideas, you’ll discover all of your favorite sandwich varieties, as well as some new ones. Among the recipes that will inspire you to prepare pinwheel sandwiches as soon as possible are those with roast beef, chicken breasts, turkey, ham, tuna, and vegetables, among other ingredients. Chicken Enchilada Roll-Ups (Chicken Enchilada Roll-Ups) It’s the perfect component for this Mexican-inspired rollup because it can be made using leftover or rotisserie chicken. Combining cream cheese, chicken shredded, taco seasoning, chilies, and green onions can transform a chicken enchilada into a sandwich.
- These pinwheels also make fantastic and simple appetizers!
- Pinwheels of Veggies in a Rainbow of Colors Even finicky eaters will be unable to resist these brightly colored pinwheels packed with nutritious vegetables.
- Red and yellow sliced bell peppers, long sliced carrot strips, baby spinach leaves, and shredded purple cabbage are all excellent additions.
- recipecourtesy of Dinner At The Zoo Pinwheels in the style of Italy When it comes to a sub-inspired sandwich in the form of a zesty pinwheel, you can’t go wrong.
- Cut it into wedges and serve.
- It’s really good!
- Pesto Turkey Pinwheels are a delicious appetizer.
If you don’t want to prepare your own pesto, you may use canned pesto mixed with cream cheese to spread over your sandwich wraps before adding the turkey and provolone.
Lemon and Zest created this recipe.
For the egg salad, use yogurt for the mayonnaise, and be sure to include your preferred onion in the mix – either green onion or red onion.
OMG Chocolate Desserts created this recipe.
These excellent Italian pinwheel sandwiches come together in only 15 minutes.
Tastes great, and it’s simple to put over a tortilla to make a zesty rollup with it.
In this case, it serves as the basis for the spread on flatbread.
These pinwheels, which are both full and delicious, will delight your taste buds.
Pinwheels with Ham and Cheddar You can’t go wrong with ham and cheese as a delectable combination, and here they are served in a unique way – pinwheels!
Roll the dough and place it in the refrigerator before slicing.
The warm deli meat and cheese will be a hit with you.
Recipe courtesy of Well Plated Pepperoni Rollups with Italian Seasoning Instead of making a traditional pizza pie, try making these simple pepperoni pinwheels.
Following that, top it with a garlicky cream cheese and shredded cheese combination, then top it with pepperoni.
Roll the pizza securely in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
Recipe courtesy of Tastes of Lizzy T.
These pinwheels, which are stuffed with shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, cream cheese, and seasonings, are a low-carb/no-carb way to enjoy a turkey club sandwich.
Spread peanut butter on a piece of toast and top with slices of banana.
Oh my goodness!
This spread is made out of cream cheese, Russian dressing, and sauerkraut, which is then covered with shredded Swiss cheese before being wrapped in a roll.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Pesto Cream Cheese Pinwheels are a delicious appetizer.
Your filling will nearly create itself if you use canned pesto, chopped roasted red peppers, cream cheese, grated parmesan cheese, and garlic powder as your ingredients.
Recipe created by Simple Joy Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels are a delicious appetizer.
Simply combine leftover rotisserie or canned chicken, cream cheese, spicy sauce, crumbled bleu cheese, green onion, and shredded cheddar in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
Spaceships and laser beams are used in this recipe.
You’ll love how quickly this ham and cheese pinwheel comes together and how simple it is to make.
In any case, spread it over your favorite tortilla before topping it with deli-sliced ham.
You can even prepare this the night before and store it in the refrigerator the following day so that it is perfectly cooled and ready to slice the next day.
Pinwheels with Tuscan Herb Hummus, Prosciutto, and Goat Cheese Put together a hummus and goat cheese sandwich with some salty prosciutto, green leaf lettuce, and tomato on your favorite flour tortilla.
Big Bear’s Wife provided the recipe.
Salmon and dill are great friends, which makes them the ideal ingredients for making a delicious pinwheel sandwich.
Distribute the mixture on a spinach wrap and top with fresh baby spinach leaves and smoked salmon to taste.
It’s both beautiful and tasty!
Sour cream, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, green onion, chopped green chilies and chili powder give these pinwheels a burst of heat that will thrill your tastes.
Recipe courtesy of Tidy Mom Pinwheels with Roasted Beef and Horseradish This roast beef pinwheel is spicy and full of flavor, thanks to a horseradish, Dijon mustard, and cream cheese spread on the outside and within.
This pinwheel is certain to become a family favorite!
Pinwheels with Bacon, Cheddar, and Ranch.
Ranch dressing, crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, and chopped chives are mixed with cream cheese to create a delicious dip.
Lemon Tree Dwelling provided the recipe.
This recipe for paleo pinwheels highlights the traditional taste combination of prosciutto, roasted red bell peppers, and basil in an elegant presentation.
The filling is produced with a simple cashew cream cheese that can be manufactured at home.
Cook Eat Well has a recipe for you.
Do you enjoy sandwiches? Try one of these 20 Quick and Easy Breakfast Sandwich Recipes for inspiration. Are you looking for additional appetizers? Here are 15 TemptingCrab Appetizers That Are Simple To Make.
SPICY TORTILLA ROLL UPS
If you’re seeking a flavor-packed snack or appetizer, create a batch of Spicy Tortilla Roll Ups! These scrumptious pinwheel sandwiches are loaded with great ingredients including cheddar cheese, green onions, and chili spice. Warning — you won’t be able to just have one! Be sure to sign up for myemail … to get fresh recipes and ideas in your inbox!
Easy Spicy Tortilla Roll Ups
This recipe for rollups is so delicious that I’m constantly searching for an excuse to make them! Make them for football parties, potlucks, and after-school snacks, all of which are excellent occasions for serving them out. No matter where you wind up serving these spicy pinwheels, make sure to have this recipe on hand since you will undoubtedly receive requests for it. These appetizer or snack-sized tortilla rollups are everything you’ve been looking for in a portable appetizer or snack. Everything about these is perfect: they’re precisely portioned, flavorful, and oh so cheesy!
Because, after all, who doesn’t enjoy cheese?
They are made even more appealing by the addition of chili powder and chopped green chilies, which provide an added blast of flavor and heat to this snack.
They’re so delicious that they almost always fly off the tray.
How To Make Spicy Tortilla Roll Ups
(Full printable recipe may be found at the end of this article.) In order to make a batch of these spicy snacks, you will only need seven easy and affordable ingredients. What’s even better than that, you might ask? You won’t believe how simple it is to follow the instructions to putting them together! You’ll be OK as long as you have 20 minutes to prepare them and 3-4 hours to let them cool before serving. The most difficult element is allowing them to relax for that long. The temptation to remove them from the fridge early is strong, but you must maintain your will.
It is possible that this content contains affiliate links.
- Begin by mixing together the cream cheese and sour cream in a large mixing dish. Then, using an electric mixer, combine the two components until they are well-combined. After that, add the cheddar cheese, green onions, green chilies, and spices and combine thoroughly. Continue to mix until everything is completely incorporated. Using a jelly-roll manner, tightly roll each tortilla up and cover it in plastic wrap once the filling is ready to use. You want to make certain that the roll is really tight! If it’s too loose, it will lose its proper shape and will break apart
- If it’s too tight, it will collapse. Are your rolls rolled up and snug as a bug? Perfect! Then it’s time to put it in the refrigerator overnight (or at least 3-4 hours). When you’re ready to serve them, cut the tortilla roll into 3/4-inch rounds with a serrated knife and put them on your favorite serving dish. Simply serve these hot tortilla rollups with a side of spicy tomato salsa, or serve them both together! In any case, they’re going to be spectacular. Enjoy
Pinwheel Sandwich Recipe Tips
Cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, freshly sliced jalapeño, or even your favorite hot sauce may be added to your pinwheel appetizers to make them even hotter. While I personally prefer my tortilla rollups to be simply spiced with chopped green chilies and chili powder, there are a plethora of other methods to pleasantly amp up the heat without compromising on flavor. Make careful to cut the spicy tortilla rollups into equal-sized pieces before serving! Although it appears to be an easy task, making sure that each piece is sliced uniformly is extremely crucial for presentation.
Furthermore, this ensures that everyone has the same consistently delicious bite.
Just before serving, I recommend slicing the rollups into thin slices with a sharp knife.
If the rolls are unwrapped or sliced too soon after being made, the tortillas will begin to dry out. Although it is OK to slice the rollups ahead of time, it is not necessary. Remember to put them in an airtight container in the refrigerator to keep them fresh.
Storage and Variations
Is it necessary to keep these rollups refrigerated? As previously said, these spicy snacks are best kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator to maintain their freshness. Transferring them to a serving dish at room temperature will allow them to be served more quickly when you are ready to serve them. They should be able to stay fresh for the entire party! Is it possible to freeze tortilla roll-ups? You very certainly can! In order to freeze these, I recommend leaving the tortilla roll uncut and slicing the pieces once they’ve been defrosted.
- When you’re ready to serve, simply place the rollup in the refrigerator overnight to thaw out.
- It will taste just as good as it did the first time you prepared it.
- Because they will not be as hot or flavorful, the rollups will still be enjoyable, which is especially important if you have children who are finicky eaters.
- This pinwheel sandwich, inspired by the Southwestern cuisine, is delicious with corn!
- Even though the texture may be a little rougher, it will still be wonderful.
- Rollups may be served in two different ways, both of which are delicious.
Craving More Spice? Look No Further
Make sure your taste buds are prepared for these Sweet Heat BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites. An infusion of chipotle chile powder and sweet BBQ sauce transforms this snack into something mouth-wateringly delectable! . and yes, it is as good as you believe it to be! Recipe for Spicy CoconutLime Grilled Shrimp Scampi – This spicy coconutlime grille shrimp scampi recipe combines the flavors of coconut and lime while also adding a hint of spiciness to the dish with Sriracha sauce. Serve over a bed of rice, garnished with freshly chopped cilantro.
I love it for a night out with friends, a football game, movie night, or just about any other occasion!
Like This Toritilla Roll Ups Recipe? Pin It!
A must-have for holiday appetizers or game day snacks, tortilla pinwheels are a delicious alternative to traditional tortillas.
Follow Along On Social Media
Please consider joining the fun little group I formed on Facebook if you’re seeking for even more inspiration. I’d love for you to join us! Here you may share YOUR favorite recipes, household advice, and creative ideas, as well as ask questions about TidyMom and learn about the latest developments. In order to participate, you must first submit a request to joinHERE. Make sure to follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #tidymom so that I can see all of the fantastic TidyMom recipes and ideas that you create!
Facebook|Twitter|Pinterest|Instagram Fill out the form below to receive an email in your inbox when a new recipe is published: SUBSCRIBE TO OUR FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTER Originally published in January 2009, this piece has been updated.
JANUE 2021: UPDATED WITH NEW INFORMATION We’ve updated this page to include additional information and better photographs! There have been no alterations to the original recipe.
- Flour tortillas (about 5 big ones) at room temperature 4 cups cooked pasta
- 1/2 pound cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened 8 ounces sour cream (optional)
- 6 green onions sliced – stems and all
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies- drained
- Chili powder (about 2-3 tablespoons)
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- 4 or 5 big flour tortillas, at room temperature. 1/2 pound shredded cheddar cheese or Monterey jack cheese
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese Sour cream (eight ounces) 6 green onions sliced – stems and all
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies- drained
- Chili powder, about 2-3 tablespoons to taste with salt and pepper
- It is recommended that you slice the roll-ups when you are ready to serve them since the chilling period allows the contents to “mix together.” If the rolls are unwrapped and sliced too soon, the tortillas will begin to dry out. If you do cut them ahead of time, make sure to keep them air-tight and in the refrigerated
Yield:30 Serving 2 roll-ups in total. The following is the amount of food per serving: Calories:105 8 g of total fat 4 g of saturated fat 0 g of Trans Fat 3 g of unsaturated fat Cholesterol:20mg Sodium:138mg Carbohydrates:6g Fiber:1g Sugar:1g Protein:3g Using the ingredients and cooking techniques specified in each dish, we have approximated the nutritional value. This information is intended to be used solely for informative reasons. Please keep in mind that nutritional information may vary depending on the manner of preparation, the origin of the components, and the freshness of the products used.
Italian Sandwich Roll Ups – A delicious and easy recipe for everyone!
Home»Blog»Italian Sandwich Roll-Ups (Italian Sandwich Roll-Ups) Roll-ups of Italian Sandwiches — Meat, cheese, and vegetables in the ideal combo. These roll-ups are bursting with flavor and are usually a hit with the crowd. I’m telling you now that these will sell out quickly! Everybody wants to come see us now that summer is in full swing here in the Midwest. This includes spending time with us but also going to the beach if they have the opportunity. Having such a convenient location near the beach, we welcome friends and family to visit us and enjoy the beach atmosphere with us.
- After a long day at the beach, we like returning home and relaxing on the terrace of our house.
- My husband enjoys cooking on the barbecue, but I enjoy preparing delicious snacks for the whole family.
- I mean, what’s not to like about a creamy layer of cream cheese, banana peppers, and roasted red peppers, followed by a layer of salami, pepperoni and ham?
- I know your mouth is watering at the thought of it!
- It’s possible that you’d like to have an entire wrap to yourself.
- It is because they are so good that I prepared them again this weekend despite the fact that I had already made them the previous weekend.
- Alternatively, these Italian Sandwich Roll-Ups would be ideal for a day at the beach or by the pool.
Italian Sandwich Roll-Ups
Italicious Italian Sandwich Roll-ups — A delicious blend of meats, cheeses, and vegetables. These roll-ups are bursting with flavor and are usually a hit with the crowd. I’m telling you now that these will sell out quickly!
- A delicious blend of meat, cheese, and vegetables in an Italian sandwich roll-up. There is no shortage of taste in these roll ups, which are usually a hit with the crowd. They will sell out quickly, I’m warning you!
- Combine the cream cheese, banana peppers, roasted red peppers, and Italian seasoning in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Stir with a spoon until all of the ingredients are thoroughly mixed. To make a tortilla, spread roughly three tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture onto it. Place three slices of salami, three pieces of pepperoni, three slices of ham, and three slices of Provolone cheese on top of the cream cheese mixture, leaving about a 1/2-inch border around the perimeter. Two slices of tomato and a few pieces of lettuce should be placed on top. Make a tight roll using the tortilla. Place toothpicks approximately 1 inch apart down the length of the rolled tortilla. Pinwheels may be made by cutting in between the toothpicks. Continue with the remainder of the tortillas and fillings. Immediately serve, or cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve the sandwiches.
Congratulations to family and friends as well as delectable dishes!
- We receive a commission if you purchase something after clicking on one of the links in this post. Young children, according to our parenting blogger Anneliese, may be unpredictable animals. Offer them a sandwich that has been sliced into squares and be prepared for raised eyebrows and raised noses. Use the same bread and filling as before, but wrap it up instead, and you’ll be greeted with eager faces and full bellies. This is a simple exercise that you can do with your child, and even the youngest assistant can get involved. It’s possible that even the most picky eater will be more inclined to try different flavors and textures if you allow them to choose their own fillings. You can be sure that your child will enjoy packing these adorable roll up sandwiches in their school lunch box and telling all of their classmates that they prepared their own lunch!’
- Each individual should have two slices of bread and a spread of margarine or butter. Fillings such as cream cheese and pickles, grated cheese and ham, grated carrot and hummus, peanut butter and strawberry/raspberry jam (omit peanut butter if carrying into school), and a variety of other options are available. Nutella
- Mashed banana
- Whipped cream
- To begin, gently slice the bread crusts away from the loaf of bread. If you have extra crusts, you can grind them up in a food processor to make breadcrumbs, or toast them and use them as “croutons” in soup. It’s now up to your youngster to get active in the process. Pass a rolling pin to your assistant and instruct them to roll each piece of bread as thinly as they possibly can. Keep an eye on them to make sure they don’t get too carried away and create huge holes in the ground. Using a table knife, spread the filling onto the bread slices, starting with the margarine or butter. Once all of the bread slices are flat and thin, your small helper may use a fork to spread the filling onto the pieces of bread. If you prefer to add grated cheese or carrot in your roll ups, it is ideal if you do the grating yourself
- Nevertheless, children will enjoy the job of sprinkling the cheese or carrot on top of the bread. Because your tiny assistant can crush the banana with the back of a fork, mashed banana is an excellent filler option. It will bring them a great deal of happiness to having completed every stage on their own
- Regardless of what filling you choose to use, it is time to roll up the bread and serve it. Place the shortest edge closest to you and firmly wrap the bread up into a spiral shape, as shown. For a more substantial meal, cover the rolled sandwich in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for a few hours before slicing or cutting it into three or four pieces
- Otherwise, serve it immediately.
Top tip for making Roll up sandwiches
Make your roll-up sandwiches even healthier by using whole grain bread and plenty of vegetables. To provide your opinion, please click here (60ratings) Sending your feedback is now possible.
Video of the Week
Whether you call them ham roll-ups or pinwheels, these ham and cheese appetizers are a kid-friendly option for game days, picnics, and other gatherings. They may also be used as a light lunch for the kids on a lazy afternoon! A handful of them may possibly find their way into my morning breakfast rotation because they are so good! I can’t wait to share with you some of my favorite pinwheel recipes I’ve discovered. As you are aware, we are big fans of simplicity in my household. Breakfast, lunch, and supper are all simple affairs.
However, I also enjoy hosting and entertaining, and we frequently have people around, particularly those who have children of a similar age to ours.
Instead, I’ve begun planning gatherings with kid-friendly snacks in mind, and thesepinwheel appetizers are perfect for the occasion!
Pinwheel canapés have emerged as our current culinary craze. Okay, so maybe the fixation is a little excessive. Because, let’s face it, everyone has eaten a pinwheel appetizer at some time in their lives. To put it another way, they’re basically the finger sandwiches of the adult world. I am overjoyed because I have learned how quick and simple it is to prepare pinwheel wrap recipes, as well as how many different easy pinwheel recipes there are. Plus, my children adore them to pieces! What could possibly go wrong with that?
What Are Pinwheels?
It is likely that you have never heard of pinwheel sandwiches before. You have certainly been missing out! I’m delighted to provide you with more information on these ham pinwheels. To put it simply, a pinwheel is a tortilla shell (you may use standard or flavored tortillas), which is stuffed with a cream cheese filling, meat, vegetables, and slices of cheese. It is necessary to wrap them up tightly and cut them into bite-sized pieces. Every event calls for one of your favorite pinwheel recipes, and the guests will go crazy for them no matter what you serve them at.
How to MakeHam And Cheese Pin Wheels (with Pictures):
Whenever I offer my children a ham and cheese sandwich, they turn their noses up because “they eat that all the time” (school lunches, anyone?) Deliver them one of these ham and cheese pinwheels, though, and it’s party time! Let’s not inform them that ham and cheese tortilla roll-ups are created with the exact same components as a ham and cheese sandwich, with the only difference being that the bread is replaced with a tortilla. To make the ideal ham and cheese pinwheels, apply a thin amount of cream cheese on each tortilla and roll it up tightly.
- This recipe calls for honey ham, which is excellent on these tortilla roll-ups!
- You might also include other ingredients like as tomatoes, onions, and so on.
- (It’s what I do.) Add a layer of your preferred cheese on top of the vegetables.
- Carefully roll the tortilla, securing it with toothpicks to avoid it from unraveling too much.
It is preferable to make multiple smaller tortilla roll-ups rather than a single large one. Create pinwheel canapés by cutting the ham and cheese tortilla roll into numerous pieces. Serve with toothpicks for convenience and to keep everything in place while you’re on the road.
Variations For Ham And Cheese Tortilla Roll Ups
When it comes to ham and cheese tortilla roll-ups, the possibilities are virtually limitless. If you can imagine it, you can probably do it! I guarantee that no matter how you prepare your simple pinwheels, they will be bursting with delicious flavor! Keep in mind that if you are preparing these for both adults and children, you may need to adapt the recipe to suit the needs of each group. Pinwheel appetizers can be served in a variety of ways, some of which are included below.
- Pork, turkey, roast beef, dried beef, or chicken can be substituted for ham in the recipe. The tastes of the tortilla roll-ups are only enhanced by the addition of numerous proteins. The vegetables can be as simple as lettuce and tomato if you so like, but it is occasionally great to add a little flare to things! Red peppers, sliced mushrooms, green onions, chopped carrots, and red cabbage are all delicious additions to a salad. Olives– It doesn’t matter if you use black or green olives
- Just cut them finely so that the ham and cheese roll ups may be wrapped fast. Take your pickles to the next level and include sweet, dill, and even butter pickles. We guarantee that the flavor will be out of this world, and you will never forget it
- Herbs To season the cream cheese, add on some ranch seasoning, fresh dill, Italian spice, or any other seasoning of your choice. So good
- Bacon– Adding some crumbled, salty bacon to your favorite homemade pinwheels recipe is a certain way to ensure success. Drool-worthy
- Sugary ingredients can be used to transform these savory ham roll-ups into a delectable sweet confection. Simply spread the cream cheese on top of the biscuits, sprinkle with cinnamon, then top with your favorite jam or jelly. Now you have a dessert pinwheel
How Long Will Ham And Cheese Tortilla Roll Ups Last?
While I like to have the ham and cheese tortilla roll-ups within 24 hours of creating them, they may be stored in the refrigerated for up to 3 days. It is critical that you store them in an airtight container since they will dry out soon if they are not. When ham tortilla pinwheels are not fresh, no one likes to eat them since they are dry. If you find that the tortilla shells have become extremely hard or slimy, or if there is an odor, the tortillas have gone bad and should be thrown away immediately.
It is possible to become ill, and no one wants to be sick.
Can I Freeze Pinwheels?
If you want to consume pinwheels later on, you may freeze them first and then reheat them. Keep them in an airtight container or bag in the freezer for up to 2 months if you want to be sure they last that long. I prefer to flash freeze all of my simple pinwheel recipes by arranging the cut pinwheels on a baking sheet and storing them in the freezer for 2 hours before serving. You may then transfer them to a freezer-safe bag or container of your choosing after they have been frozen for several hours.
The freezer burn and spoilage will occur if you do not remove the air from the containers.
My recommendation is not to microwave this dish because most of the contents are intended to be served cold and would not taste nice if heated.
To get the greatest results, stick to meats and cheeses.
How Many Pinwheels Do You Get Per Tortilla?
I get between 8 and 12 pinwheels out of each tortilla on average. You may pick how thick to cut them, but try to keep the thickness uniform throughout the tortilla. It’s not always difficult to get some to be a little broader than others. It is my goal to create a few markings so that I can calculate how many cuts I will need to make in advance.
How Do You Keep Wraps From Getting Soggy?
From time to time, you might wind up with ham and cheese wraps that grow soggy. While there are no easy solutions to this problem, there are a few things you may do to assist in its resolution. The heart of your favorite pinwheel recipes should contain any component that contains significant amounts of liquid, such as tomatoes or pickles.
Use heavier condiments like cream cheese instead of dressings. Or if you are going to use dressing, lay on the meat and cheese first then spoon on the dressing in a thin layer.
What Condiments Can I Use Besides Cream Cheese For Pinwheel Appetizers?
When it comes to making pinwheel appetizers, you may use any condiment that you like. In this situation, there are no set regulations, which makes it an excellent chance to experiment with your cuisine! You can experiment with as many new concepts as you like. Some of our favorite ways to serve ham roll ups include the following:
- When it comes to making pinwheel appetizers, you may use any condiment that you like. This is an excellent time to experiment with your meals and break the rules a little. You may experiment with as many different concepts as you like. Our favorite ways to serve ham roll-ups include the following.
Can I Make Pinwheel Sandwiches Vegetarian?
Absolutely, you can make these pinwheel sandwiches vegetarian. If you have an objection to the meat or just don’t eat it, no problem! Just add additional cheese and vegetables instead. When serving quick pinwheels at a party or gathering, I like to create some that are vegetarian, so my guests have lots of alternatives.
Which Tortillas Are Best For Making Ham And Cheese Pinwheels?
You can absolutely make these pinwheel sandwiches vegetarian by omitting the meat. You are welcome to refrain from eating meat if you have an allergy to it or simply do not enjoy it. Simply increase the amount of cheese and vegetables used. In order to provide a variety of alternatives for my guests when serving quick pinwheels at a party or gathering, I like to create some that are vegetarian.
- Whenever I want anything with a bit extra taste, spinach is my go-to ingredient. Toasted Tomato Basil — These are the ideal balance of sweet and acidic flavors
- When it comes to carbohydrate intake, low carb is the way to go. Toasted Garlic Herb Tortillas– These tortillas are really delicious and pair well with ham and cheese roll ups. You will fall in love with them if you use them. Jalapeno Cheese Yummy
Pin this yummy Ham And Cheese Pin Wheels for later:
- 12 thin slices of deli ham (9 oz box)
- 8 pieces of cheese
- 2 big burrito tortillas
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 large burrito tortillas
- Lay out the tortillas and pour 2 tablespoons of cream cheese over each tortilla
- Set aside. Place ham slices in a circle around the tortilla, then conclude with one slice in the middle of the tortilla. 4 pieces of cheese should be added. Roll the tortillas up as tightly as you possibly can. Make 2-inch chunks out of the roll-ups
- Set aside. To hold the pinwheels together, insert a toothpick into the middle of each one. Remove from heat and serve right away, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator (or a lunch box filled with an ice pack) until ready to serve
Smartpoints for freestyle activities worth 7.25 (8 servings)
Yield:6Serving Size: 1Servings per container: Calories:557 29 g of total fat 14 g of saturated fat 1 gram of trans fat 12 g of unsaturated fat Cholesterol:82mg Sodium:1567mg Carbohydrates:47g Fiber:7g Sugar:4g Protein:28g Try some of the most popular recipes, such as: Fried Nutella Dumplings–Made with only three ingredients, these dessert dumplings are sure to be a success at your next gathering!
Cheesy Meatballs with Cauliflower Rice – Easy Cauliflower Rice is a dish that the whole family will be begging you to cook over and over again.
Garlic Butter Steak with Zucchini Noodles–This low-carb, quick “melt in your mouth” supper meal is sure to become your new favorite!