- A sandwich is not the same thing as a hot dog; they are two entirely different foods.
- If we were talking about the animal realm, the hot dog would be a genus.
- There is a possibility that some individuals may say that the sandwich is the genus, and the hot dog is the species that comes under it; nonetheless, this viewpoint is totally untrue.
- The several types of hot dogs constitute their own taxonomic genus and include the Chili Dog, the Turkey Dog, and the Corndog, among others.
Because it is a hot dog and not a sandwich, a hot dog cannot be considered a sandwich. Bread functions as a delivery system, specifically a ballistic delivery system. In my opinion, this is not a traditional sandwich at all. If you went into any store that sold high-quality hot dogs and asked for a sandwich made with hot dogs, the employees there would undoubtedly call the FBI on you.
Why is a hot dog not a sandwich?
One thing that sets a hot dog apart from other sandwiches and food items that are sandwiched is the fact that it is oriented vertically. They do not at all resemble sandwiches structurally, and the filling is of a tubular and cylindrical shape, which is a quality that is exclusive to hot dogs and sausages. The only sandwiches that come close are croissants.
Is a hot dog bun an open or closed sandwich?
There is no way that this can be considered a sandwich in any sense, given that the hot dog bun does not split in half the way that two pieces of bread would. However, since a hot dog bun features a hinge, it seems more appropriate to refer to it as an open sandwich.
Is a hot dog a food or a verb?
According to the council, ″a hot dog″ may be an expression of excitement, a snack, a verb that means ″showing off,″ and even an emoji. It can’t even be compared to anything else out there.
Is a hamburger a sandwich?
- I am not of the opinion that a hamburger qualifies as a sandwich either.
- Because it is sandwiched between two pieces of bread, the bread itself functions as a delivery mechanism, namely a ballistic delivery system.
- My opinion is that it does not qualify as a traditional sandwich.
- He continued by saying, ″I mean, if you were to go into any seller of exquisite hot dogs and ask for a hot dog sandwich, they would definitely report you to the FBI.″ If you asked for a hot dog sandwich, they would probably report you to the FBI.
Why are hotdogs not a sandwich?
- Those who voted in favor of a hot dog being considered a sandwich do not stand alone in their position.
- According to the definition provided by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), a sandwich consists of ″a meat or poultry filling between two pieces of bread, a bun, or a biscuit.″ If we use that definition, then yes, a hot dog may be considered a sandwich.
- In contrast, it is not.
Should a hot dog be considered a sandwich?
- Even the professionals in the field of linguistics have come to a conclusion: Because ″the definition of sandwich is ‘two or more slices of bread or a split roll having a filling in between,’″ Merriam-Webster has definitively come down on the side that a hot dog IS a sandwich.
- This is due to the fact that ″the definition of sandwich is ‘two or more slices of bread or a split roll having a filling in between,’″
What is the difference between a hotdog and a sandwich?
The distinction between a sandwich and a hot dog is common knowledge to all of us. The first option is a bread bun that has a sausage placed inside of it, while the second option is two pieces of bread that have something placed in between them.
Why a hotdog is not a sandwich Reddit?
Because a hot dog is not placed between two pieces of bread like a sandwich is, a hot dog is not considered to be a sandwich.
Is a hot dog a sandwich Other questions?
3) Is a hot dog a sandwich? Well, is it? Who would have thought that a piece of meat sandwiched between two slices of bread would become such a contentious issue? In any case, DSST MTV has provided an explanation, and their verdict is that contrary to popular belief, hot dogs are not sandwiches.
What is not a sandwich?
The traditional definition of a sandwich is ″a filling of meat or poultry between two slices of bread, a bun, or a biscuit.″ Items such as burritos, wraps, and hot dogs do not fall under this category.
What are the defining features of a sandwich?
- The act of placing a filling in between two or more slices of bread or halves of a roll, and then eating the sandwich.
- A single piece of bread topped with several items
Why is it called sandwich?
John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich, an English aristocrat who lived in the 18th century, is the inspiration for the name of the sandwich. It is alleged that he gave instructions to his valet to fetch him steak that was sandwiched between two slices of bread.
Why is hot dog called hotdog?
Not only did the German immigrants bring sausages with them to the United States, but they also brought dachshunds. It’s possible that a jest about their skinny, long, and little dogs was the origin of the moniker ″hot dog.″ In point of fact, the Germans referred to their food as ‘dachshund sausages’ or ‘small dog,’ which is how the word ‘dog’ became synonymous with the term ‘hot dog.’
Is a hotdog a sandwich or a burger?
- The definition provided by Merriam-Webster states that it consists of ″two or more slices of bread or a split roll containing a filling in between.″ Easy to understand.
- Simply said, a sandwich may be made out of anything as long as it is layered between two pieces of bread or stuffed within a roll or bun.
- Therefore, according to a strict definition, both hot dogs and hamburgers can be classified as sandwiches.
What category does a hot dog fall under?
The guidance provided by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) also suggests that the hot dog, as meat between bread, belongs to the sandwich category; however, the regulations paint a muddy picture because they hinge on the question of ‘open’ or ‘closed,’ which could spark a second round of debate in regard to the hot dog on a bun.
Is a hotdog a sandwich debate Reddit?
The word ″sandwich″ comes from the Merriam-Webster dictionary, which describes it as ″two or more slices of bread or a split roll containing a filling in between.″ Despite the fact that a hot dog is, by all accounts, a sandwich, there is a widespread consensus among us that hot dogs do not qualify. I don’t see any significant difference between a cheesesteak from Philadelphia and a hot dog.
Is a hotdog a sandwich or a taco?
- Some people believe that a Hot Dog is actually a Sandwich.
- The traditional components of a sandwich are the two pieces of bread (or, in the case of a hot dog, the bun) that contain the meat and are held together by mayonnaise and mustard.
- According to this definition, a hot dog is very certainly considered to be a type of sandwich, despite the fact that this classification may strike some purists of the hot dog as being incorrect.
Is a taco a sandwich?
Tacos are not the same thing as sandwiches. A sandwich is first and foremost either two pieces of bread with a filling placed in between them or a single slice of bread that has been covered in food, and secondarily it is anything that resembles a sandwich. The word ″slices of bread″ is the most important part of that term. Bread is not often used in the preparation of tacos.