What are some good side dishes to serve with chicken sandwiches?
- Other side ideas are baked beans, coleslaw, homemade potato salad, or mac and cheese. The Shredded Chicken Sandwich is one of the most classic sandwiches in Ohio.
What goes well with chicken sandwich?
What to Serve With Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Green Salad. Since a chicken salad sandwich is rich and savory, you’ll want something light and refreshing to balance things out.
- Fruit Platter.
- Cheese Platter.
- Vegetable Platter.
- Dill Pickles.
- Macaroni Salad.
How do you keep shredded chicken moist?
Cover and Poach Once the chicken is flipped over, add 3/4 cup of chicken broth to the pan and cover with a lid. This will keep the chicken moist while cooking it fast. Cook the chicken for another 7-10 minutes. Chicken thighs will require a little more time than chicken breasts.
How do you thicken shredded chicken?
Sprinkle a little flour over the top of the shredded chicken and stir it in. Add a little flour at a time, stirring it in completely. Allow the flour to cook a few minutes before another addition.
Does Dairy Queen have a shredded chicken sandwich?
There are 290 calories in 1 sandwich (170 g) of Dairy Queen Shredded Chicken Sandwich.
What are the most popular sandwich fillings?
Five of the most popular sandwich fillings for everyday occasions:
- Ham and cheese.
- Ham salad.
- Cheese and onion.
- Egg mayonnaise.
What vegetable goes well with chicken?
The most common combos with chicken
- Broccoli. One of chicken’s best friends, broccoli goes perfectly in stir-fries, gratins or pasta.
- Spinach. Spinach is versatile.
- Asparagus. Asparagus is a popular side dish for chicken.
- Sweet potato.
- Roasted chicken.
Can you freeze shredded chicken sandwiches?
Freezing Shredded Chicken Once your shredded chicken is completely cooled, you can put it in ziplock bags or airtight containers in 1 or 2 cup portions (depending on how much you think you’ll use at a time), and store in the freezer. If it’s stored properly, the chicken will maintain good quality for about 4 months.
Can shredded chicken be frozen?
Shredded chicken defrosts much faster than whole pieces of the bird, but you can freeze whole pieces if you prefer. Either way, make sure to place the chicken in ziplock freezer bags and press out as much air as possible before sealing the bag. Thaw the cooked chicken (in the ziplock bag) overnight in the refrigerator.
What do you add to dry shredded chicken?
Moisten with a simple sauce If you’re feeling fancy, you can even make your own: try mixing some hot sauce and lemon juice to give the chicken a nice tangy kick. These works best if you shred the chicken and then add the sauce, but you can put the sauce on the side and dip it too.
How do you keep chicken salad from getting watery?
Celery can be a bit tricky. Once it’s cut, this veggie releases liquid, which may cause your potato salad to turn into a watery mess. To prevent this, mix in the celery right before you serve. Otherwise, simply add another spoonful of mayo or yogurt.
Is Popeyes chicken sandwich?
Popeye’s Chicken Sandwich is a crispy, savory, fried chicken cutlet on a buttery brioche bun, topped with spicy mayo and tangy pickles. Learn how to make a chicken sandwich from scratch that’s just as amazing as Popeye’s, but you don’t have to wait in line for it.
Are Dairy Queens chicken sandwiches good?
The crispy chicken sandwich was well prepared and very good. The hot dog and chicken strips, fries and drinks were well received and enjoyed. Of course we must extol the star of the show, the frozen ice cream, in all manner of sizes and shapes.
Does Burger King still have the original chicken sandwich?
The Italian Original Chicken Sandwich was last seen on Burger King’s menu back in 2014, and customers have been hoping for some time to see it return to the lineup. Unfortunately, the sandwich is only back for a limited time, so you’ll need to go grab one while the opportunity presents itself.
Shredded Chicken Sandwich
Many people have grown up eating shredded chicken sandwiches, which is why this recipe for shredded chicken sandwiches is so popular. Chicken, creamy soup, and crumbled crackers or potato chips join together to form a delectable chicken and cracker or chip sandwich. If you are from Ohio, you may be familiar with shredded chicken sandwiches, which are served on a bun. It’s a traditional recipe that’s served at family gatherings, drive-ins, and, according to what I’ve heard, certain fast food establishments in the state.
There are enough sandwiches for 6-8 people, but you can easily double the recipe to feed a bigger group.
What you need
Chicken– You need need cooked and shredded chicken for this recipe. Alternatively, pre-cooked chicken, such as rotisserie chicken, can be used for the slow cooker. If you don’t like cream of chicken soup, you may substitute cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup, which are also delicious. Use your favorite potato chips; I prefer wavy potato chips, but feel free to use anything you choose. In fact, I enjoy adding sour cream and onion chips to my recipes for a little more taste. Some individuals like crushed crackers such as Saltines, Ritz, or Tollhouse, while others prefer whole crackers.
These components are added to the mixture to serve as a filler and to give it a bit more heft.
Chicken Broth– A little amount of chicken broth can be used to thin down the mixture.
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and poultry seasoning are among the seasonings used.
How to make shredded chicken sandwiches
- Combine:In a slow cooker, combine cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until well combined and creamy. Combine the cooked, shredded chicken and the crushed potato chips or crackers in a large mixing bowl. Cook: Cover and cook for 1 hour on high or 2-3 hours on low, depending on your preference. Serve on a hamburger bun or a sandwich roll while still hot. Pickles, or even a sprinkle of broken chips or crackers, can be added to the sandwich for extra flavor.
Cooking chicken in the slow cooker
You may use pre-cooked chicken, such as rotisserie chicken, or you can cook the chicken in the slow cooker before shredding it yourself. If you choose to utilize this approach, place the chicken in a slow cooker with 1 can of cream of chicken soup and cook on low for 8 hours. Cook the chicken for 3 hours on high heat before shredding it. Continue to prepare according to the recipe.
How to store
Any leftovers can be kept in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to 3 days after preparation. Cook for approximately 10 minutes in a pot on the stovetop.
- In order to add a bit extra taste, consider replacing the crackers with sour cream and onion potato chips. When possible, prepare the mixture the day before and then heat it in the slow cooker just before serving.
What to serve with chicken sandwiches
However, here are a few suggestions on what to serve with these delectable Ohio sandwiches in addition to their own:
- Potato chips
- Cut-up veggies such as carrots, celery, or cucumbers
- And other snacks Cabbage slaw, cucumber salad, corn salad, and pea salad are some of the options.
More easy chicken recipes
- A cheesy chicken spaghetti dish cooked in the slow cooker
- Crockpot chicken spaghetti Crockpot chicken fajitas– A delicious combination of chicken, peppers, onions, and spices that is excellent for fajitas. Chicken breast cooked in the air fryer – Seasoned chicken breast cooked wonderfully in the air fryer. Buffalo chicken wraps– Shredded buffalo chicken wrapped in lettuce with veggies, cheese, and ranch dressing
- Air fryer drumsticks– a simple and tasty way to prepare crispy chicken legs
Have you ever tried this classic chicken recipe? If not, you should. I’d love to hear your anecdotes about these sandwiches, as well as your favorite way to prepare them, in the comments section below.
Shredded Chicken Sandwich
These shredded chicken sandwiches are served on hamburger buns while still hot from the oven.
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 1 hourTotal time: 1 hour and 10 minutes The Main Course is the first course in the sequence. Cuisine:American Keyword:chicken 6 servings; 294 kcal per serving
- 4 chicken breasts, shredded after they’ve been cooked Take a look at the notes. 110 1 1/2 cups crushed potato chips or crackers
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered black pepper
- In a slow cooker, combine the cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook on low for 8 hours. Using a whisk, mix all of the ingredients. Combine the cooked, shredded chicken and potato chips in a large mixing bowl. Turn down to high and cook for 1 hour, or low and simmer for 2-3 hours. Burger buns should be used for this.
To make this dish, you may either use pre-cooked chicken or cook the chicken in the slow cooker before shredding it. If you choose to utilize this approach, place the chicken in a slow cooker with 1 can of cream of chicken soup and cook on low for 8 hours. Cook the chicken for 3 hours on high heat before shredding it. Continue to prepare according to the recipe. calorie count 294kcal|carbohydrate count 15g|protein count 27g|fat count 14g|saturated fat count 2g|cholesterol count 76 mg|sodium count 856 mg|potassium count 814 mg|fiber count 1g|sugar count 1g|vitamin A count 135IU|vitamin C count 7mg|calcium count 21mg|iron count 1mg
Crockpot Hot Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe
A recipe for shredded chicken sandwiches that is made in the crockpot with stovetop stuffing and Ritz crackers is presented here for your consideration. This traditional Ohio shredded chicken sandwich recipe serves a large group of people! What about crockpot hot shredded chicken sandwiches? Is that a thing in the North? That’s something I’m not entirely sure about. What I do know is that they were a favorite of mine growing up. Potluck dinners are frequently served at these events. During the summer, you’ll be able to find them at most concession stands or ice cream stands.
Have you ever tried any of these products?
I wanted to share the recipe my mother uses with you because I believe it will help you.
And after four hours supper is ready for a crowd!
Shredded Chicken Sandwiches Ingredients
- The following ingredients: (1) 50 oz can of boneless chicken breast, drained
- (2) 12 oz cans of white chicken breast, drained
- (1) can of cream of chicken soup
- Ritz crackers (crushed)
- 2 Ritz cracker sleeves 1 heaping teaspoon of chicken bouillon dissolved in 14 cup of water (This Bouillonis the BEST! )
- 14 cup of Stovetop stuffing, dry mix (This Stovetop stuffingis the BEST! (There is no need to pack the stuffing to the brim.)
Whenever I’m buying a large can of boneless chicken, I opt for the “boned chicken” variety. It’s less expensive than entirely white meat, which is rare. Despite the fact that this is shredded, the can appears to be a little disorganized at first glance. If you like only white meat, go ahead and eat it. It will only be a little more expensive. Make cleanup a breeze by lining a crockpot with a slow cooker liner. Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. (Make certain that the chicken cans have been well emptied!) Shake things up a little bit.
They will disintegrate as the sauce boils down.
(You may also leave it running on low all day.) Once this is completed, it is ready to be served on buns.
If you enjoy your shredded chicken a little runny, as I do, this recipe is for you.
This dish is ideal for a potluck gathering. This is the crockpot I use to keep spillage to a minimum. You’ll have excellent leftover shredded chicken sandwich filling the next day, too! That is, assuming you still have some left over from your previous meal. Enjoy! Print
Recipe for shredded chicken sandwiches cooked in the crockpot with stovetop filling and Ritz crackers is available here. This shredded chicken sandwich recipe serves a large number of people!
- Can of boneless skinless chicken breast, drained
- (2) 12-ounce cans of white chicken breast, drained
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup (optional). 2 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 2 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 heaping teaspoon of chicken bouillon paste dissolved in 14 cup of hot water
- 14 cup Stove Top stuffing dry mix
- 1 heaping teaspoon of chicken bouillon paste dissolved in 14 cup of boiling water
- Slow cooker liners should be used to line your crockpot. Stir in all of the ingredients until they are completely combined. Cook for one hour on high heat. Continue to cook on low heat for at least 3 more hours if possible. Serve immediately on buns.
To make this dish, you will need a stovetop that is completely ready to use. It is not necessary to prepare it on the stovetop before adding it to the shredded chicken dish. Instead, measure out 1 1/4 cup of the dry stuffing mix and set it aside. This recipe makes roughly 25 sandwiches, with each sandwich containing little more than 3 ounces of chicken. The quantity of sandwiches produced by this recipe will vary depending on whether the buns are larger or smaller. Lynnette is the home cook, recipe tester, and photographer for Cleverly Simple, which she founded in 2010 and continues to operate today.
Lynette’s recipes and projects have appeared in a variety of publications, including Country Living, Good Housekeeping, House Beautiful, and more.
Recipes»Dinner»Nostalgic Ohio Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe – A Taste of the Past This classic recipe for Ohio Shredded Chicken Sandwiches is a timeless favorite. The crockpot makes it simple to prepare meals for big groups of people and for weekday dinners. The recipe for Sloppy Shredded Chicken Sandwiches has been in my family for years (it’s normally cooked during the large family summer vacation trip). It is not a chicken sloppy joe dish; rather, it is a recipe for shredded chicken sandwiches that do not use a tomato or barbecue sauce basis.
meaning that if you are not from Ohio, you are unlikely to have heard of this meal (let alone eaten it).
The Infamous Ohio Chicken Sandwich
This is such a simple dish that provides complete comfort. I can see why it has become a regional classic because it requires only a few ingredients and is simple to prepare in the slow cooker. According to one article I read, it is frequently provided in prison and should remain there. LOL! Another person emphasized the history of church potlucks and how easy it is to feed a large group of people. This hot chicken sandwich recipe has been featured in a variety of places over the years, from the concession stand to the Dairy Queen menu (see all of the comments below and add your own!) I have enjoyed hearing where you have discovered it.
- Below you will find my adaptation of this Buckeye State staple dish (along with a few tweaks to give it a little extra “oomph.” My sister has always used breadcrumbs in place of saltine crackers, which is what the conventional recipe calls for.
- The croutons, in my opinion, provide a lovely texture and taste to the dish.
- I’m thinking of using potato chips as a filler in the future.
- UPDATE: I used to shred my chicken by hand.
Thanks for your help! (See the video here for a Game Changer!) (Did you prepare the Shredded Chicken Sandwiches from the recipe I shared with you? Refresh the page and give it a rating. To rate, tap the stars on the left-hand side of the screen or leave a rating in the comments area below. THANKS!)
Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe
This classic recipe for Ohio Shredded Chicken Sandwiches is a timeless favorite. The crockpot makes it simple to prepare meals for big groups of people and for weekday dinners. Preparation time: 5 minutes Preparation time: 3 hours Time allotted: 3 hours 5minutes Lunch and the Main Course are included in the price. Cuisine:American Recipe for Shredded Chicken Sandwich (Keywords: chicken, sandwich, Shredded Chicken Sandwich) Servings:6
- A recipe for 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts and 1 can cream of chicken soup. If you want to use canned chicken broth instead, just add a bit extra breadcrumbs. breadcrumbs (seasoned breadcrumbs, saltine crackers, croutons, or a combination of the three)
- Seasoning salt and garlic powder to taste
- Cook chicken breasts in a slow cooker with chicken broth for a couple hours on low heat
- After that, you may add your favorite filler, such as breadcrumbs, crackers, croutons, or chips, as well as spice. Continue to cook for another couple of hours. Remove the chicken from the saucepan and shred it. Return the mixture to the crockpot and simmer for another hour. Optional cheese should be served on buns.
PIN IT FOR LATER
Do you happen to have any leftovers from this traditional meal? What about incorporating them into another comfort-food meal instead? Take a look at how I used my Shredded Chicken Noodle Soup recipe to make one dinner last for two people!
See more greatRecipes on Mission to Save!
Come and pin with me as well! Follow the Frugal Recipes board on Pinterest, which is maintained by Mary (Mission to Save). Photos were first released in February 2016 and were updated in 2020.
I made many changes to this recipe: I half it, using canned chicken instead of fresh, used one can of cream of chicken soup instead of mushroom soup, diluted it with around 1 1/2 cups of milk, substituted seasoning salt and some garlic for the poultry spice, and served it over toasted bread. If you’ve made it this far, congratulations! It was excellent!:) My children insisted on having seconds.
Most helpful critical review
Despite my best efforts, this dish did not impress my family at all. It was a little too mushy. I would increase the amount of chicken and decrease the amount of crackers. The flavor was also a little dull. Read More146 Customer Reviews
- 5star values are 55, 4star values are 54, 3star values are 19, 2star values are 12 and 1star values are 6.
I made many changes to this recipe: I half it, using canned chicken instead of fresh, used one can of cream of chicken soup instead of mushroom soup, diluted it with around 1 1/2 cups of milk, substituted seasoning salt and some garlic for the poultry spice, and served it over toasted bread. If you’ve made it this far, congratulations! It was excellent!:) My children insisted on having seconds. Read MoreThis meal is a hit with my family. Instead of mushrooms, I use skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cream of chicken soup, and cream of celery soup instead.
- I’m creating it for my son’s graduation, which is coming up next week.
- The precise components were not on hand, so I substituted a 3-pound can of cooked chicken, two cream-of-chicken soup cans, a tablespoon of Mrs.
- It was really quick and simple, and everyone enjoyed it!
- Continue readingAdvertisement This is a uniquely Ohio phenomenon.
- They are not available across the state of Ohio.
- Garlic and onion powder, as well as salt and pepper, are included.
- Some locations made theirs creamy (with more soup and fewer crackers), while others made theirs less creamy (with less broth and fewer crackers).
- For the benefit of those who are “anti-mushy,” shredded chicken sandwiches are *supposed* to be mushy.
- It was a little too mushy.
- The flavor was also a little dull.
- If the mixture becomes too mushy, add additional cracker or bread crumbs.
I made these, and while they were tasty, they were a little bland.
- The following time I cooked it, I made a few changes.
- My crock pot was filled with chicken stock, garlic powder, and onion powder while I slowly cooked three skinless chicken breasts all day.
- One can cream of chicken soup and one can cream of mushroom soup were added to the shredded chicken.
- Put some stuffing mix in a baggy and smashed it with a rolling pin to make it more compact.
- All of the ingredients were combined, then chicken stock was added to make it moist.
This is a fantastic REGIONAL dish from the Ohio area that everyone should try.
I was looking for the typical Ohio Shredded Chicken sandwich when I stumbled across this website.
As a result, thank you very much for the wonderful recipe.
It’s supposed to be a messy shredded chicken and gravy sandwich, which is exactly what it is.
How to Make the Famous Ohio Shredded Chicken Sandwich
This post includes affiliate connections to Amazon. Because I am an Amazon Associate, I receive money when people make eligible purchases. To learn more about our disclosure policy, please visit our website. It’s no surprise that the Shredded Chicken Sandwich is one of Ohio’s most iconic sandwiches. This hot and creamy chicken sandwich is really simple to cook, takes just a handful of ingredients, and is both healthy and affordable. You’ll understand why this messy chicken sandwich is so popular after you’ve tried it.
Shredded Chicken Sandwich
Growing up in Ohio, it seemed like this creamy and delectable sandwich could be found at every occasion, whether it was a graduation, a church picnic, a carry-in meal, a family reunion, a baseball game, school functions, or even the fair. I believe that one of the reasons why this dish has become such a standard in Ohio households is that it is incredibly cost effective and can be prepared in 10 – 15 minutes if you use chicken that has already been cooked. If you prefer classic recipes that are simple to prepare, I have a few more of my family’s favorites that you might like.
Why Should You Make This Recipe
I believe you should absolutely try this recipe because it contains the following ingredients: Simple – You only need 5 or 6 ingredients for this recipe. The ingredients are inexpensive, and you probably already have most of them on hand in your cupboard. Hearty– this is one of those rib-sticking, hearty recipes that will warm your heart as much as your stomach.
What You’ll Need
There is a complete list of ingredients, as well as detailed instructions, included in the free printable recipe card provided below.
Ingredients List and Suggestions
Chicken breast– you may use leftover roasted chicken, rotisserie chicken, canned chicken, or prepare it from scratch using any of these ingredients. Typically, cream of chicken soup is used; however, some cooks use cream of mushroom soup instead. It is entirely up to you whatever option you choose. My family prefers to make chicken soup instead than purchasing canned soup. Instead of crackers, day-old bread crumbs, saltine crackers, or croutons can be substituted for the crackers. Any of these options will suffice.
The use of this ingredient also aids in thickening the sauce.
How to Make Hot Shredded Chicken Sandwiches
Step 1: Place your chicken in a medium-sized pan and shred it with two forks until it is no longer chunky. Alternatively, you can use your hands if you like. If you’re using leftover chicken, follow the same steps as above. Step 2: Stir in the other ingredients until well-combined. Step 3: Continue to heat until everything is well warmed through. Step 4: Scoop the mixture onto the buns. Step 5: Relax and enjoy yourself. Is it just in Ohio that you can get Shredded Chicken Sandwiches? Yes, it appears to be the case.
- I haven’t been able to locate them in any other sections of the state.
- This can be accomplished by including a thickening agent, such as Ritz crackers, saltine crackers, bread crumbs, or stuffing mix into the mixture.
- Yes, it is possible.
- Before you are ready to serve, combine the remaining ingredients in a large saucepan and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If you still think it’s too thick and dry, carefully add additional liquid until you reach your desired consistency.
- If you happen to be in Ohio, a handful of Ballreich Chips is the perfect side to have.
- Additionally, you would discover a bag or box of Ballreich in addition to these sandwiches.
Stuffed Chicken Breast with a Variety of Fillings Chipotle Crack White Chicken Chili (Ultimate Crack White Chicken Chili) Chicken Tenders Made From Scratch Chicken Breast with Asparagus Stuffing Sandwich with Creamy Cajun Chicken
Hot Shredded Chicken Sandwich
- It’s no surprise that the Shredded Chicken Sandwich is one of Ohio’s most iconic sandwiches. This hot and creamy chicken sandwich is really simple to cook, takes just a handful of ingredients, and is both healthy and affordable. You’ll understand why this messy chicken sandwich is so popular after you’ve tried it. Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 10 minutes Dinner, entrees, lunch, and sandwiches are all available. CuisineAmerican
- Canned chicken breast (212 ounces) Alternatively, 3 or 4 uncooked chicken breasts can be used if cooking in a slow cooker. 1/4 cup of stuffing mix flavoring with chicken
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Ritz crackers smashed on one sleeve
- 110 Cream of Chicken Soup (about 3/4 cup)
- Water or chicken broth are also acceptable options. This will vary depending on how thick you want the chicken to be cut.
- Add the canned chicken to a medium-sized pot and heat through. Shred the chicken with a fork or your fingers to make it more tender. After that, incorporate the other ingredients. Increase the heat to medium and continue to cook until all of the ingredients are fully cooked through. For those of you who wish to utilize your crock pot, the whole directions are included in the post.
Serving:4g Keyword Sandwiches with shredded chicken include the classic Ohio sandwich, Hot Shredded Chicken Sandwich, Shredded Chicken Sandwich filler, and Sloppy Chicken Sandwich. Rhonda aspires to be a gourmet, and she enjoys coffee and chocolate. She is also a genealogy nerd. If shopping were a sport, she’d be the first woman to break the world record in it. Her favorite way to unwind is to experiment with new foods in her kitchen. She also enjoys spending time with her family and getting away to the lake whenever she has the opportunity.
Incredible Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
People, it’s football season in Szn. That includes spending quality time with family and friends, as well as taking advantage of the weekends. One of my favorite quick and easy dishes for any occasion when you’re feeding a large group is slow cooker pulled chicken sandwiches. Everything should be placed in the slow cooker and let to cook until you’re ready to serve the meal. They’re filling, cooked with a homemade sauce, and can even be served as a midweek meal. Not only is it simple to make these pulled chicken sandwiches, but you can also keep them warm in the slow cooker until you’re ready to serve them, which makes them even better.
Ingredients in slow cooker pulled chicken sandwiches
Using materials that you most likely already have in your cupboard and refrigerator, you can make these simple pulled chicken sandwiches in no time. What’s the best part? You just place the following ingredients in your slow cooker with your chicken and allow the slow cooker to perform its magic:
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs: I like to use chicken thighs rather than ordinary chicken breasts since they are more soft, less expensive, and more tasty. You can use any type of ketchup you choose. Ketchup with less sugar is my preference
- BBQ sauce: Once again, you may use whatever type of BBQ sauce that you want to make. Stubb’s Spicy BBQ sauce is my favorite since it has less sugar. Worcestershire sauce: a small amount of Worcestershire sauce lends an incredible savory taste to any dish. Apple cider vinegar: To give the sauce a little acidity, you’ll want to use apple cider vinegar. This is the type of product I use
- Acidic yellow mustard: the richness of the BBQ sauce is complemented wonderfully with some tangy yellow mustard
- Spices: we’re including cumin and cayenne pepper to give it a great kick. Buns for hamburgers: I like a whole grain, seedy hamburger bun, but feel free to use whatever brand you’d like (including gluten-free) if you prefer. Make sure to include my renowned homemade healthy coleslaw as a topping on the side! Additionally, a slice of cheese, red onion, fresh tomato, and crisp lettuce are all alternatives
- The possibilities are limitless.
How do you pull chicken?
Pulling chicken is considerably less difficult than it appears. All you have to do is complete the following steps:
- As soon as the chicken is finished cooking in your slow cooker (around 6-7 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high), remove each chicken thigh using a slotted spoon and lay it on a chopping board. To shred the chicken, use two forks to pry apart each thigh until the chicken is completely shredded. Return the freshly pulled chicken to your slow cooker and toss it into the sauce to allow it to soak up all of the delicious sauce taste. Done
How to store, freezereheat BBQ pulled chicken
To preserve leftover pulled chicken, just place it in an airtight bag or container and place it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days before using. To freeze the pulled chicken, let it to cool fully before transferring it to a freezer-safe bag or container (see note below). For up to three months after making it, it will keep well in the freezer. Allow the pulled chicken to defrost completely in the refrigerator before reheating or using it in its final form. In order to reheat the leftover pulled chicken, you can throw it in your crock pot and set it to “warm” to reheat it without having to touch it.
More ways to use this crockpot pulled chicken
- Combine it with these delectable zucchini boats. Serve it with a large salad, such as this one. a delicious, filled quinoa dish as a topping
- You may use it as a topping for your favorite home-made pizza.
What goes well with pulled chicken sandwiches?
My favorite healthy side dishes to serve with crock pot pulled chicken sandwiches are the wonderful cilantro cabbage slaw and the sweet and tangy carrots and cucumbers.
- Stuffed Mini Peppers with Jalapenos and Goat Cheese
- The Easiest Chopped Greek Chickpea Salad
- Spicy Maple Dijon Grilled Brussels Sprouts
- Cashew Crunch Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Avocado Tomato Chickpea Pasta Salad
- Street Corn Pasta Salad
- Sesame Garlic Grilled Sweet Potato Fries with Yogurt Curry Dip
- Cashew Crunch Shredded Brussels Sprouts
Slow cooker pulled chicken may be served in a variety of ways, including lettuce cups, on top of salad, or even in tacos. SO APPEALING. This pulled chicken sandwich dish is one that I am confident you will enjoy; please let me know if you make it by leaving a comment and rating the recipe below. Your feedback is much appreciated and will help to inspire others to try the dish as well. xo.
Incredible Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Time allotted: 3 hours and 10 minutes Pull-apart chicken sandwiches topped with a sweet and tart cabbage slaw are quick and easy to make.
BBQ’s, potlucks, or a nice evening meal are all made easier with this nutritious slow cooker pulled chicken sandwich recipe. Using the healthy BBQ pulled chicken on a sandwich, in lettuce wraps, on salads, and in other ways is a great idea.
- 1 12 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 12 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup low sugar bbq sauce (I use Stubb’s Spicy BBQ sauce)
- 14 cup water or chicken broth
- 12 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper Arugula, carrots, red cabbage, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup are the ingredients for the slaw. salt and pepper that have been freshly ground
- Provisions for serving: 4 whole grain or gluten free seeded hamburger buns
- Stir together the ketchup, bbq sauce, water, worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, yellow mustard, cumin, and cayenne pepper in the slow cooker until everything is well-combined. Place the chicken thighs on top of the sauce and turn them over so that the sauce coats the chicken thighs. Preparation time: Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or high for 3 hours. Once the chicken is done, shred it and return it to the slow cooker, along with the sauce, to heat through. Serve right away, or put the slow cooker on the warm setting and serve later, if you like. While the chicken is cooking, prepare the slaw as follows: In a medium-sized mixing basin, toss together the carrots, cabbage, cilantro, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, sesame oil, salt, and pepper until well combined. Set aside to marinate until you’re ready to serve the dish. To assemble, use a slotted spoon to transfer chicken to a bun, top with slaw, then finish with the remaining bun. If you like, you may top them with sliced cheese if you so choose. This recipe serves 4 people.
If you’re cooking for a large group, feel free to double, treble, or quadruple the recipe. Nutrition 4 servings (per recipe) 1 sandwich is considered a serving size (with whole grain bun) Calories:392kcalFat:13.9g 3.8 g of saturated fat Carbohydrates:35.7g Fiber:1.6g Sugar:13.1g Protein:28.4g Chef Monique Volz of Ambitious Kitchen created this recipe. Photographer: Eat Love EatsShop This Post contains affiliate links.
Shredded Chicken Recipes – 5 Easy Flavors!
This post may include affiliate links, which will not affect your purchase price, but will allow us to earn a profit. There are 5 different flavor combinations to test, as well as instructions on how to utilize it in dishes, in this post on Shredded Chicken Recipes for Meal Prep.
Gain access to my free 4-week meal prep magic ebook!
When it comes to cooking your chicken, you have a variety of options. It is certain that all of them will yield juicy and flavorful chicken. All of the ways are simple, so pick the one that best fits your schedule and available resources.
- Poaching– You can poach chicken on the stovetop if you want to save time. Simply cook it for around 20 minutes in water or chicken stock
- It will be delicious. If you want to start cooking your meal in the morning and come home to a fully cooked chicken that is ready to shred, use your slow cooker. Slow cook the chicken for eight hours on a low heat setting. When you get home from work or school, the chicken will be ready to be shredded and served to your family. Recipe for shredded chicken in the slow cooker that requires the least amount of effort Instant Pot– If you need shredded chicken right away, it’s time to break out the Instant Pot. Make a 6-minute quick release after cooking on high pressure for 6 minutes.
Chicken may be flavored in a variety of ways, which I’ve provided five recipes for. Plain chicken is a blank canvas that may be transformed into whichever cuisine you wish. In contrast, if you follow these instructions, you will have beautifully flavored chicken that will enhance the flavor of your foods to an extraordinary degree. When the chicken is pre-seasoned, even simple sandwiches and salads become more exciting to eat.
What’s the best way to shred chicken?
While the chicken is still warm, it is the simplest to shred. I recommend shredding the flesh as soon as possible once it has finished cooking, especially if you plan to utilize the meat later in the week. When it comes to shredding chicken, you have various possibilities. One isn’t always superior to another in every way. It is entirely dependent on the cooking tools that you have accessible to you.
- Forks– Using two forks, shred warm chicken breasts into small pieces. Holding one fork in each hand, pull the cooked chicken apart with the tines of the forks. Stand Mixer– If you have an electric stand mixer, this may be the quickest and most convenient method of shredding chicken. Using a paddle attachment, hook the mixer to the mixing bowl and add the cooked chicken to the bowl. To shred the chicken, simply turn on the mixer on medium speed and let the paddle do the work for you
- Food Processor– If you want your chicken to be finely shredded, a food processor is an excellent option. It is critical, however, that the chicken is not cooked for an excessive amount of time. If you don’t, you’ll wind up with minced chicken or even chicken pate on your hands.
5 different shredded chicken flavours
Below you will discover photographs of five different sauce combinations for shredded chicken, as well as a simple meal concept to go with each one. The five flavors and food suggestions listed below are as follows:
- BBQ chicken– I’ve included shredded BBQ chicken in a sandwich as a filling. Simply place the BBQ chicken on top of a hamburger bun and serve with coleslaw on the side. It’s a piece of cake
- Jerk-inspired– This chicken is delicious served as part of a salad, such as the one depicted below. With a few sliced red onions, red peppers, mangoes, and lettuce, you’ve got yourself the most flavorful salad you’ve ever had. Lemon oregano– The Greek-inspired chicken is quite flexible, but I personally prefer it wrapped in lettuce. Combine it with cucumber, red onion, and other vegetables to make a pita sandwich. Tzatziki would be a fantastic addition as well. Tacos with chili lime sauce are the most apparent choice for this sort of chicken. Toss in some store-bought salsa, cilantro, and red onion before serving in corn or wheat tortillas. Dinner is ready in a flash
- The teriyaki chicken is served as part of a lettuce wrap in order to keep the dish light and refreshing. Adding it to romaine lettuce and topping it with shredded carrots and sesame seeds is an excellent idea.
BBQ shredded chicken
It’s simple to double, treble, or quadruple the quantities in this recipe. Prepare enough chicken to serve as a main dish for multiple dinners throughout the week. Alternatively, make numerous batches of the various shredded chicken recipes. If you are making big quantities of chicken in the Instant Pot, you will need to lengthen the cooking time. Cooking chicken in an Instant Pot takes around six minutes per pound of meat. Shredded chicken can keep in the refrigerator for up to four days if stored in an airtight container.
Cold chicken is also a delectable option.
Freezing shredded chicken
The process of freezing shredded chicken is quite simple. This pre-measured protein boost for soups, salads, and pasta meals may be frozen in tiny increments for convenience. Make sure that the mixture has cooled down to room temperature before freezing it in separate pieces (approximately 3/4-1 cup at a time) in freezer Ziploc bags or glass dishes.
You may either thaw in the fridge overnight or reheat in the microwave for 5-6 minutes to make this dish. If you’re microwaving it, be sure to pour approximately 1 tablespoon of water over the top and toss halfway through the warming period to eliminate that nasty residual chicken flavor.
Reheating shredded chicken
The flavor of leftover chicken is one of the most common complaints individuals have about meal preparing chicken. I’ve got a few of tactics up my sleeve to assist you prevent that sour taste:
- Undercook the chicken slightly before reheating to ensure that the chicken continues to cook when reheated in the microwave. Reheat in the microwave with a splash of water — Sprinkle a little amount of water over the surface of the chicken and microwave for 2 minutes, stirring halfway through
- Reheat in a frying pan with a dash of water to help minimize the gamey flavor that leftover chicken might have, and serve immediately. Extra sauce or spices (soy sauce, buffalo wing sauce, honey mustard sauce, BBQ sauce, etc.) can sometimes serve to hide the taste of certain foods.
How else can I use these shredded chicken recipes?
We developed these shredded chicken recipes primarily to make dinner preparation easier for our readers! However, if you are looking for some food ideas, here are some delicious ways to incorporate shredded chicken into a whole dinner.
- Cooking chicken quesadillas, shredded chicken tacos, or burrito bowls are all possible with this recipe. Instead of cooking chicken breasts from scratch, use shredded chicken in meal prep bowls (see the meal prep archives for more information). As part of a sandwich or a wrap
- A cup or two shredded chicken can be added to a pot of soup (chicken noodle soup, chili, and other similar dishes spring to mind)
- To use as a topping for nachos, frozen fries, or baked potatoes Stir together shredded chicken and your favorite pasta with your favorite sauce for a quick and easy supper
- Produce a large quantity of chicken salad.
More chicken resources
If you’re searching for additional ideas for how to incorporate chicken into your weekly meal prep, I’ve compiled a list of some fantastic websites for you below!
- Cooking Instructions for Perfect Baked Chicken Breasts, Perfect Baked Chicken Thighs, and Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Meal prep tools for this recipe
- If you’re planning on using this shredded chicken for meal prep, you’ll want to get some glass meal prep dishes. Butcher Box provides me with all of my free-range chicken, which is simply delivered frozen to my door. Make use of a meat thermometer to ensure that your chicken is well cooked. If you’re marinating chicken and then freezing it, these Ziploc bag holders will come in handy. This dish may be frozen in glass microwave-safe containers for up to 3 months.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Cook the chicken in the crockpot with your favorite spices. Continue to cook on a low heat for 8 hours, then remove the chicken and shred it before returning the chicken to the pot and giving it another good stir
- If preferred, serve as the meals illustrated in the post – additional instructions on how to utilize each sort of shredded chicken may be found in the photos above.
- Place a trivet on top of the Instant Pot and add 1 cup water or chicken broth to the bottom of the pot. Combine the chicken breasts and spices in a large mixing bowl. 6 minutes on high pressure, then immediately release the pressure, or allow the pressure to escape naturally for a juicier, more tender chicken (will take about 20 minutes). Remove the chicken and shred it, then return it to the saucepan and stir everything together. If preferred, serve as the meals illustrated in the post – additional instructions on how to utilize each sort of shredded chicken may be found in the photos above.
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil over high heat in a separate pan. Cook for 20 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit, after which remove from heat. After removing the chicken from the water, shred the chicken. Drain the water from the pot, then return the chicken to the pot and season with your favorite seasonings. If preferred, serve as the meals illustrated in the post – additional instructions on how to utilize each sort of shredded chicken may be found in the photos above.
calories: 212kcal|carbohydrates: 19g|protein: 25 g|fat: 4 g|saturated fat: 1 g|cholesterol: 73mg|sodium: 1697mg|potassium: 589mg|fiber: 2g|sugar: 12 g|vitamin A: 1010IU|vitamin C: 4.1mg|calcium: 52 mg|iron: 1.9 mcg ***Nutritional information is only for the shredded chicken portion. It does not include the sides that are served with it.
Gain access to my FREE 5-day meal prep challenge + bonus resources when you sign up.
Subscribe to our email to learn more about meal preparation!
Shredded Chicken Sandwiches
Posted in:Main Entrees,Sandwiches,Sliders— by— Posted in:Sandwiches,Sliders— by— These buttermilk shredded chicken sandwiches are lightly seasoned and grilled to a beautiful medium rare internal temperature. Serve them on toasted buns with mayonnaise, cheese, lettuce, and tomato for the ideal lunch experience. It’s the perfect accompaniment to creamy sriracha coleslaw and sweet potato fries. Sandwiches made with shredded chicken.” data-image-caption=”” data-medium-file=” data-large-file=” src=”data:image/svg+xml, percent 3Csvg, percent 20 src=”data:image/svg+xml, a shredded chicken sandwich served on a wooden board against a green background Size of the image: 1200 pixels wide by 1800 pixels high data-lazy-srcset=”1200w,200w,683w,768w,1024w” data-lazy-srcset=”1200w,200w,683w,768w,1024w” The data-lazy-sizes attribute is set to (max-width: 1200px) 100vw, 1200px.
data-jpibfi-post-excerpt=”” data-jpibfi-post-url=”” data-jpibfi-post-title=”Shredded Chicken Sandwiches” data-jpibfi-post-excerpt=”” data-jpibfi-post-excerpt=”” data-jpibfi-post-excerpt=”” data-jpibfi-post data-jpibfi-src=” data-lazy-src=” data-lazy-src=” The fact that these shredded chicken sandwiches are so tasty is the nicest thing about them.
Ingredient’s You’ll Need:
- The following ingredients are used: boneless chicken tenderloins, barbecue sauce, buttermilk, garlic powder, fresh garlic, onion powder, cayenne pepper, Dried Parsley, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper, sandwich buns, tomato, lettuce, Cheddar cheese, mayo, and the following ingredients are used: tomato, lettuce, cheddar cheese, mayo, and the following ingredients are used:
What Makes These So Delicious?
- It may be prepared in less than 10 minutes and served as a great warming dinner with cheese, bread, mayonnaise, pickles, and other toppings. Alternatively, it can be served with grilled vegetables on the side or on lettuce wraps. You may use as much or as little barbeque sauce as you’d like to make this dish. This recipe may be used in a variety of ways. You may make it to your desire
- You can even serve it on whole wheat buns if you like. In addition to the stovetop, this meal may be prepared in the slow cooker or instant pot.
“I’m having two chicken sandwiches.” two shredded chicken sandwiches with lettuce, tomato, and cheese, as well as sweet potato fries on the side. ” data-image-caption=”” data-medium-file=” data-large-file=” src=”data:image/svg+xml, percent 3Csvg percent 20 alt=”” data-large-file=” src=”data:image/svg+xml, percent 3Csvg, percent 20s unlikely that you’ll ever want to use a grill or turn on the oven again after making these delectable sandwiches on the stovetop!
More Sandwich Recipe Ideas…
- The Perfect Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Salmon Burgers, Turkey Bacon Avocado Sandwich, Ham and Cheese Sliders, and more are all available.
Continue your search for delectable recipes and culinary lesson videos by visitingYouTube orFacebook. sandwich with chicken ” data-image-caption=”” data-medium-file=” data-large-file=”” data-lazy-src=”” data-image-caption=””
Shredded Chicken Sandwiches
- Continue your search for delectable recipes and culinary lesson videos by visitingYouTubeorFacebook. sandwiches with chicken ” data-image-caption=”” data-medium-file=” data-large-file=”” data-lazy-src=”” data-image-caption=””
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 5 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley dried
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by combining the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and sugar in a mixing bowl and stirring until the sugar has completely dissolved
- Combine the mixture with the buttermilk, along with the salt, freshly ground black pepper, cayenne pepper powder, garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, and chopped garlic
- Mix thoroughly. Combine the chicken and buttermilk in a large mixing bowl. Make a marinade for the chicken in the refrigerator for at least one hour
- To cook the chicken strips, take them from the marinade and fry them in a skillet for three to four minutes on each side, or until they create a skin, before removing them from the pan. Using two forks, shred the chicken and whisk in the barbecue sauce of your choice until combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper to your liking. Serve on a toasted sandwich topped with cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, lettuce, and tomato, if using.
281 calories|26 grams of carbohydrate|23 grams of protein|9 grams of fat|4 grams of saturated fat|70 milligrams of cholesterol|767 milligrams of sodium|679 milligrams of potassium|1 gram of fiber|22 grams of sugar|545 International Units of Vitamin A|3 milligrams of Vitamin C|252 milligrams of calcium|1 milligram of iron
Finding time to prepare meals for the family is challenging when you’re juggling the parent pick-up line at school, soccer practice, and homework. Having shredded chicken on hand is a terrific way to get a dinner started but not quite finished! Thanks to these fantastic shredded chicken dishes, you can create a supper that will satisfy just about any hunger. First and foremost, if you want to make a meal slim, you must start with the fundamentals. This is an excellent method of making your shredded chicken more nutritious!
- Ideal for families with active lifestyles and a balanced diet!
- If you want to provide your family something with a little heat to their meal, Spicy Buffalo Chicken Wraps are an excellent alternative.
- The complete recipe may be found here.
- Pineapple Chicken Salad Wraps: This wrap is delicious, fresh, and healthful, and it is perfect for lunch, whether at home or at the office.
- This is a delicious and healthful meal that would make an excellent supper recipe!
Cook: If you enjoy breakfast for dinner, go here to be brought to a page with 50 different breakfast for dinner alternatives!
To be taken to the recipe, please click here.
Instead, try this thin slow cooker chicken pot pie!
Avocado may appear to be disgusting to children, but in this dish, it is a success!
The ninth recipe is Slow Cooker Chicken and Wild Rice Soup, which is both delicious and filling.
To view the whole set of instructions, please visit this page.
Chicken Tostadas: This delicious Mexican-inspired supper is sure to thrill the kids, but mom will be even pleased because we’ve sneaked in some vegetables!
This is especially true if you’re in charge of bringing lunches for the entire household!
Furthermore, it has fewer than 300 calories!
You may get the complete recipe by clicking here.
Stuffed Zucchini Boats with Chicken Enchilada: Stuffing a vegetable is a terrific technique to convince your finicky eater to try something new!
They’ll be more enthusiastic about giving it a try!
(Photo courtesy of Skinny Taste) 14.
This should not derail your efforts to maintain a healthy diet.
The recipe may be found by clicking here.
This recipe may be obtained by clicking here.
Southwestern Chicken Bites: Whether as a game-day snack, appetizer, or complete dinner, this is a fantastic slim rendition of a traditional favorite!
This will become your husband’s new favorite dish, and you can feel good about it because it is low in calories!
Slow Cooker Beer Chicken Although it is created with beer, it has a wonderful flavor and is a wonderful addition to any supper.
Casserole de enchiladas with pollo: Are you looking for a quick and easy Mexican dish?
It’s also a terrific way to use up leftovers.
Slim Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Cups: This fun-sized dinner is sure to please the whole family!
You can find the recipe here.
More bite-sized recipes may be found by clicking here.
The recipe may be found by clicking here.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole: This casserole is a Skinny Mom favorite, and it’s easy to see why!
It’s just 323 calories, in case you were wondering.
The Skinny Taco Chicken Chili: This taco-inspired chili is a delicious way to switch up your meal routine, especially for busy parents who rely on their crock pot for dinner!
Excellent for families with young children!
0comments Making Skinny Pineapple Chicken Salsa as a dip or putting it in a tortilla is a great idea.
When the typical routine becomes monotonous, we enjoy serving it as a dinner option.
Twenty-fifth, Greek Chicken Stuffed Pitas: This is a delicious lunch option for you and your spouse, or even for your daring children!
I love the taste combination and the fact that it is packed with nutritious ingredients. To obtain the recipe, please visit this page. (Photo courtesy of What’s Gaby Cooking)
Shredded Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches
Finding time to cook for the family is challenging when you’re juggling the parent pick-up line at school, soccer practice, and homework. The convenience of having shredded chicken on hand is a terrific way to get a dinner started on the right foot. With these fantastic shredded chicken dishes, you can create a feast that will satisfy almost any hunger! First and first, if you want to make a dish slim, you must start with the bare essentials. The following recipe is an excellent method to make your shredded chicken more nutritious!
- Make this Skinny Mexican Casserole in less than an hour and with less than 300 calories per serving.
- See this page for further information on how to do it.
- Never before has it been so simple to eat well and enjoy yourself.
- This wrap is delicious, fresh, and healthful, and it’s perfect for lunch, whether it’s eaten at home or at the office.
- Delicious and nutritious, this recipe makes a wonderful evening dish!
- Create a meal: If you enjoy breakfast for supper, visit this page for more than fifty brinner meal inspirations.
To view the recipe, please click here.
Instead, try this thin slow cooker chicken pot pie.
8) BBQ Chicken Sandwiches with Jalapeo Avocado Spread: This is a spicy alternative that is also a fun way to introduce a nutritious cuisine to your family.
Click here to get it!
You can make it in the slow cooker during chilly weather or on a busy day when you need something quick.
Featured image courtesy of Two Peas and Their Pod Ten.
This recipe may be obtained by visiting this link.
Even more so if you are responsible for packing lunches for the entire family!
Chipotle Chicken Chili: This is a delicious way to mix things up in the chili department.
A delicious supper to offer to a hungry group of people.
Stuffed Zucchini Boats with Chicken Enchilada: Stuffing a vegetable is a terrific technique to convince your finicky eater to try something new.
Their interest in trying it will be piqued.
Skinny Taste provided the photograph.
This should not derail your efforts to maintain a healthy diet.
The recipe may be found here.
This recipe may be obtained by visiting this link.
Southwestern Chicken Bites: Whether as a game-day snack, appetizer, or full meal, this is a great skinny version of a classic favorite!
This will quickly become your husband’s new favorite dish, and you’ll feel good about it because it’s low in fat and calories.
The recipe may be found here.
Try Chicken Enchilada Casserole.
In addition, it is excellent for storing leftovers.— This link will take you to the complete recipe: Slim Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Cups: This fun-sized meal is sure to please the whole family!
It’s suitable for both small hands and healthy mothers-to-be.
To prepare meals in a muffin tin, consider the following: More bite-sized recipes can be found here.
The recipe may be found here.
Casserole de Chicken Cordon Bleu: This casserole is a Skinny Mom favorite because it is full of flavor and is easy to prepare.
It’s only 323 calories, in case you forgot.
Recipe number 22: Skinny Taco Chicken Chili: This taco-inspired chili is a delicious way to switch up your meal routine, especially for busy moms who depend on their crock pot for dinner!
Excellent for families with children on the go.
0comments Making Skinny Pineapple Chicken Salsa as a dip or putting it in a tortilla is a great option.
When the usual routine becomes monotonous, we enjoy serving it as a dinner course.
25. Greek Chicken Stuffed Pitas: This dish is perfect for lunches for you and your husband, or for your adventurous children! Delicious flavor combination, plus it’s packed with nutritious ingredients. Visit this page to get the recipe. The photo above is courtesy of What’s Gaby Cooking.
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1 tablespoon oil, 2/3 cup vinegar, 1/2 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon mustard
- 4 chicken breasts
- Sprinkle seasoning salt and paprika over the chicken breasts and bake for 30 minutes. Cook for approximately 8 minutes on a hot pan or grill. In a slow cooker, combine the oil, vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard
- Simmer on low for 8 hours. Cook the chicken until it is completely cooked through. I cook the chicken on low heat for the entire day, simply to allow the sauce to seep into the meat. When I arrive home, I turn off the television and begin preparing the potatoes or other side dish. Assemble your sandwiches by layering them with the delicious BBQ chicken. Please see my bread recommendations below.
Read More From Delishably
The greatest approach to enhance the flavor of a sandwich is to prepare a delectable side dish to accompany it. This list contains my personal favorites for serving alongside this sweet and smoky barbecue chicken sandwich.
- Coleslaw: With a creamy, crunchy, and tangy flavor profile, cole slaw is the ideal side dish for a barbecue sandwich. Slaw with broccoli, apple, and radish: This acidic slaw gives the ideal crunch to the chicken sandwich while also cutting through the fatty, sweet tastes of the chicken. Salad de fruits: This sandwich’s richness is toned down by the addition of juicy sweet fruits, which also serve as a healthful and refreshing side dish. Salad de pommes de terre: The creamy richness of the potato salad is a perfect accompaniment to this sandwich. When you add bacon, the smokey taste helps to bind the whole dish together. Salads de noodle froides: This barbecue chicken sandwich is perfect for those hot summer days because cold noodle salads offer creamy tangy tastes that blend well with the flavors of the barbecue chicken. Baked beans are a type of legume that is baked in a tin. It’s no longer only a condiment for hot dogs and hamburgers. As a result of the numerous flavor profiles that may be created with baked beans, they are the most popular summer side dish for any barbecue-flavored sandwich. The classic dish of macaroni and cheese. This barbecue chicken sandwich recipe includes mac and cheese, a childhood favorite for many, which serves as a complementary side dish on any hot summer day. Crispy potato wedges: When it comes to french fries, you can’t go wrong. Seasoned crispy wedges are no exception, and they are a household favorite in my household. BBQ corn: What is a barbeque without a side dish of grilled corn? Despite the fact that this bbq chicken sandwich is not “authentic” barbecue fare, it goes well with grilled corn that has been coated in butter, sprinkled with salt, and topped with parmesan or crumbled feta cheese
- And The absence of deviled eggs would make it impossible to have a BBQ. Deviled eggs are a great option if you’re searching for something quick and easy that will also fulfill your hunger. These small bite-sized side dishes are the ideal vehicle for incorporating and experimenting with different tastes. The variety of taste profiles available for these delectable meals is virtually infinite
What Kind of Bread?
We’ve got our meat, we’ve got all of our delicious sides, but let’s not forget about the buns. Although hamburger buns are probably everyone’s first pick, I prefer to branch out and try new things. This is especially true when it comes to preparing and serving my meals. I particularly dislike generic hamburger buns because they tend to fall apart and become mushy when they are exposed to excessive amounts of meat or sauce. As a substitute, I’ve developed a checklist of alternate alternatives that will hold their own against such a sloppy sandwich.
- This sandwich is best served on ciabatta buns, which are my personal favorite. Small amounts of butter applied before searing or grilling results in a soft outer top layer with a crispy bottom that can sustain the amount of saucy meat heaped on top
- Split Kaiser and French rolls: These are also excellent buns for mopping up all of that yummy sauce
- Split Kaiser and French rolls: In terms of texture, potato rolls are similar to conventional hamburger buns, although they are a little better at keeping together and not disintegrating when the barbeque chicken is added. Hawaiian buns: These buns have just the proper amount of sweetness, which makes them the perfect accompaniment to these sandwiches. In order to make the greatest slider buns for barbecue chicken sliders,
All that’s left is for you to do is sit back and enjoy this delicious sandwich. This sandwich is the great crowd-pleaser whether you are hosting a backyard BBQ, preparing for a football party, or simply seeking for a quick and simple meal. Cholee Clay was born in 2012, and she is a model.