12 Best Sides for Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Sweet Potato Fries. Fries are not only a popular snack but also a favorite side dish for many meals, just like Italian beef.
- Roasted Vegetables.
- Creamed Corn.
- Fruit Salad.
- Hasselback Zucchini.
- Italian Pasta Salad.
- Macaroni and Cheese Casserole.
- Brussels Sprouts.
What is the best side dish to go with Italian beef?
- The question is a bit generic, but when we talk of Italian beef we talk of FIORENTINA STEAK, which is the best steak of the world because is made from a particular Italian beef race called CHIANINA. The best side dish to go with it is rocket, parmesan grated with a peeler, tomatoes, olive oil EVO and salt.
Is an Italian beef sandwich healthy?
Nutritional Benefits An Italian beef sandwich is a rich source of protein, providing 94 percent of the average healthy adult’s daily protein needs. Additionally, a single Italian beef sandwich provides you with 21 percent of your daily potassium requirement.
What goes well with roast beef?
14 Savory Side Dishes for Roast Beef
- Roasted Potatoes. Roast beef and roasted potatoes are such a classic combination.
- Crispy Potato Wedges.
- Scalloped Potatoes.
- Sweet Potato Casserole.
- Brussels Sprouts.
- Balsamic Mushrooms.
- Maple Glazed Carrots.
- Green Beans.
How would you describe an Italian beef sandwich?
While the origins of the sandwich are a matter of debate, the Italian Beef sandwich at Al’s is certainly one of the city’s most iconic dishes. Roasted beef drenched in its own jus is piled high upon French bread before the whole sandwich is dipped in the meaty jus, and topped with a spicy giardiniara and sweet peppers.
Does Italian beef have iron?
Italian style gravy & sliced beef by Vienna Beef, Ltd contains 3 g of saturated fat and 55 mg of cholesterol per serving. 85 g of Italian style gravy & sliced beef by Vienna Beef, Ltd contains IU vitamin A, 0.0 mg of vitamin C and mcg of vitamin D as well as 2.70 mg of iron, 39.95 mg of calcium and mg of potassium.
What is the healthiest thing to eat at Portillo’s?
At Portillo’s, Doerfler ordered an a la carte meatball, minestrone soup and a grilled chicken sandwich without mayo or cheese. Sides like soups and salads can help keep calories down while giving you a variety of options that are filling.
What do you serve with beef tenderloin?
Side Dishes for Beef Tenderloin: A Checklist for the Ages
- Garlic Buttered Mushrooms.
- Roasted Potatoes with a Kiss of Dijon.
- Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Sage.
- Roasted Green Beans with Onions and Bacon.
- The Biggest Fluffiest Popovers.
- Baby Kale Salad.
- Yorkshire Pudding.
- Savory Mashed Sweet Potatoes.
What cheese goes with roast beef?
What cheese is best? Some popular sliced cheese choices for roast beef sandwiches are Provolone, Swiss, Cheddar, Havarti, Muenster, or Pepper Jack.
What should I serve with beef stew?
What Goes With Beef Stew?
- French Baguette. Whenever soups or stews are involved, you can’t go wrong with some nice crunchy bread.
- Dinner Rolls. Here’s another starchy side that will sop up that delicious gravy.
- Cheddar Cheese Biscuits.
- Corn Muffins.
- Green Salad.
- Mashed Potatoes.
- Cauliflower Mash.
How do you eat an Italian beef sandwich?
The only way to eat an Italian beef sandwich 2. Spread your feet exactly 2 ½ feet apart. 3. Lean into the counter.
What is the difference between Italian Beef and Philly cheesesteak?
The Windy City’s known for its Italian Beef–roasted at places like Al’s (where they keep it in the oven four hours) before being topped by sweet/hot peppers and dipped in the beef’s juice. In Philly, they chow down with cheesesteaks, grilled atop onions and then topped with (you guessed it) cheese.
Is a beef sandwich healthy?
A plain Roast Beef Classic Sandwich is a decent choice for controlling calories. But skip the melted cheese, mayo, and the “horsey” sauce (50 calories and 5 grams of fat in a tiny packet.)
Is Italian beef a protein?
Italian Beef Sandwich (1 serving) contains 60g total carbs, 60g net carbs, 20g fat, 20g protein, and 530 calories.
What To Serve With Italian Beef Sandwiches – 7 BEST Side Dishes
Known variously as Italian beef sandwiches, Chicago-style Italian beef sandwiches, or just Italian beef, Italian beef sandwiches are a recipe for cooking beef in an Italian American entrée. Despite the fact that this meal was originated in America, it is still much adored and devoured across the world. These Chicago-style sandwiches may be eaten hot or cold, but they have developed a distinct flavor that is enjoyed both ways. Because of its distinct flavor, Italian beef sandwiches gained popularity in different regions of the world at various points in time, similar to the popularity of Italian food in the United States.
Even though most people don’t think of providing anything other than Italian beef sandwiches when they bring friends or family around for a visit, it’s always helpful to have a variety of options available.
Why Consider Serving Side Dishes for Italian Beef Sandwiches?
Italian beef sandwiches are a filling and delectable lunch that is excellent for a large group of people. The sandwich itself includes very few veggies and, if eaten alone, can be rather filling, especially if served with anything else. However, this does not imply that you must provide the same foods to your friends or family members on a consistent basis, especially if they have previously enjoyed Italian beef sandwiches. Another thing to keep in mind is that everyone has their own eating preferences, which means that each individual may enjoy various foods.
What Types of Side Dishes Should You Consider?
Choosing side dishes with Italian beef sandwiches might be a difficult task because there are so many alternatives to pick from. For starters, because this meal is influenced by Italian cuisine, it may be served with a variety of side dishes. Consider serving the steak with creamy polenta or some garlic bread as a complement to the meal. If you’d like, you may also offer beans or zucchini on the side of the sandwich, and both of these vegetables pair nicely with Italian cuisine in general. Another alternative is to serve the beef with a salad, which is lighter and can help to balance out the richness of the meat.
What to Serve with Italian Beef Sandwiches – 7 BEST Side Dishes
In the next section, you will find a list of the top seven greatest side dishes to serve with Italian beef sandwiches. Choose one or more dishes to serve with them and take pleasure in the variety of flavors.
1 – Roasted Vegetables
Roasted veggies are quite simple to prepare, and you can use any vegetable that you choose to make them. You are not required to use only the condiments mentioned below, but they go particularly well with Italian beef sandwiches. Eggplant, zucchini, sweet potatoes, potatoes, onions, and bell peppers are just a few of the delicious alternatives. Vegetables may be roasted by cutting them into bite-size pieces and tossing them with oil, salt, and pepper before roasting.
Using a 400-degree Fahrenheit oven, roast them for around 25 minutes, or until they are browned to your satisfaction Before serving, sprinkle on additional Italian spice or oregano if you want to amp up the taste a bit.
2 – Creamy Polenta
creamypolenta is a unique side dish for Italian beef sandwiches that may be served with a variety of sauces. Essentially, this meal is made out of a creamy concoction that has been shaped into a hard shape and then sliced into pieces. It can be eaten on its own, with a sauce, or even as a soup base if desired. To prepare this dish, cook cornmeal, water, and salt in a saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, to prevent the mixture from adhering to the bottom. Continue to whisk until the mixture thickens, and then gently pour in the milk while continuing to stir the mixture.
It can be served with meat to give it a more interesting flavor.
3 – Garlic Bread
The addition of garlic bread to your Italian beef sandwiches is another distinctive side dish that you may want to consider serving with them. This dish is made with French or Italian bread, garlic powder, butter, and Parmesan cheese, among other ingredients. Begin by slicing the bread into pieces approximately half an inch thick and spreading butter on one side of each slice of bread. Garlic powder and Parmesan cheese should be sprinkled on each slice before baking for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, or until golden brown.
4 – Hasselback Zucchini
The addition of garlic bread to your Italian beef sandwiches is another interesting side dish that you might wish to attempt. A loaf of French or Italian bread, garlic powder, a pat of butter, and Parmesan cheese are the ingredients for this dish. Starting with the bread, slice it into slices about half an inch thick and butter one side of each slice with butter. Garlic powder and Parmesan cheese should be sprinkled on each slice before baking for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, or until golden brown on the outside.
5 – Potato Salad
Potato salad is yet another fascinating side dish that may be served with Italian beef sandwiches on a hot summer day. Potatoes, onion, mayonnaise, and spices such as dill, mustard, and pickles are used to make this dish. When preparing this recipe, boil the peeled potatoes for approximately 20 minutes, or until they are soft. Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a separate dish while you’re waiting for them to finish cooking. When the potatoes are finished cooking, cut them into cubes and combine them with the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
6 – Macaroni Salad
Among the ingredients in macaroni salad are macaroni noodles, mayonnaise or mustard, and other veggies such as carrots or peas. With Italian beef sandwiches, this dish stands out as an unusual side dish to present. Cook the macaroni until it is soft, drain it, then combine it with the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl until well combined.
Because of its creamy texture and mild flavor, this side dish pairs nicely with Italian beef sandwiches. If you want to add even more flavor, you may sprinkle some more chives or bell peppers on top before serving it.
7 – Creamy Risotto
In Italy, risotto is a popular meal made of rice that is gently cooked and then combined with broth and cheese to achieve a creamy texture before serving. To create creamy risotto, start by sautéing the onion in butter until it becomes translucent, then add the rice and swirl to coat each grain with the butter mixture. Stir in a tiny bit of the broth until it is completely absorbed. When the rice is slightly transparent, remove it from the heat and set aside. Continue in this manner until all of the broth has been used up, at which point you may add any other ingredients for taste, such as cheese, meats, or vegetables, if desired.
After everything is said and done, Italian beef sandwiches are one of the most adaptable hot sandwiches that you can prepare. The components in this sandwich go nicely with a wide variety of side dishes, making it simple to put together a lunch for family and friends to enjoy together. Don’t forget to explore by trying out some of these recipes or coming up with your own creations. They can be made in a short amount of time and with no work, so there is no reason not to experiment with something new.
- Cooking with roasted vegetables, creamy polenta, garlic bread, hasselback zucchini, potato salad, macaroni salad, creamed risotto, and other dishes.
- Select your preferred recipe from the list of available alternatives
- In 30 minutes or less, you can put together all of the ingredients and cook a fantastic supper
10 Best Side Dishes for Roast Beef
It is as at home sandwiched between two slices of bread in a casual setting as it is as the focal point of a big occasion feast. We won’t bother you with suggestions for what to serve with a roast beef sandwich — try potato salad, coleslaw, and oven fries — instead let’s concentrate on what to serve with a roast beef meal. Here are some side dishes that would go well with a soft, juicy roast beef on a holiday dinner table. To make this recipe, thin slices of potato are simply stacked with butter and onions, then drenched in milk before being baked until they’re soft.
- Using Peppercorn Roast Beef, you may make one of these recipes.
- In the words of recipe author Ronismom, “These Yorkies stay tall and have a beautiful hollow middle for loads of wonderful gravy.” According to recipe tester Chelsey Wolnowski, “they’re just great.” “In our household, these are a part of our family custom.
- Brussels sprouts are flavored with butter, honey, and pungent Dijon mustard, giving them a taste that rivals that of a well-done roast beef.
- Check out this top-ratedYummy Sweet Potato Casserolerecipe for a more conventional take on the classic dish.
- Mushrooms with Balsamic Vinegar Sweet roasted beets are transformed into an outstanding side dish with walnuts and tangy goat cheese in just 15 minutes of prep time – precisely the type of special occasion side dish we like to serve on special occasions like Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Roasted Beets with Goat Cheese and Walnuts is a delicious dish.
- The inherent sweetness of carrots is enhanced by the addition of maple syrup, which provides a pleasant counterpoint to the Herbed & Spiced Roasted Beef Tenderloin.
- — EveSavory Green Beans with Bacon Allrecipes Magazine provided the photograph.
- You will not be disappointed with this quick and easy side dish!
“For the past 15 years, I’ve prepared this meal every Thanksgiving, and it’s always a big hit. Make it exactly as written the first time, and then make any necessary adjustments “Lorna, a recipe reviewer, expresses her opinion. Butternut Squash with Onions and Pecans is a delicious side dish.
What to Serve with French Dip Sandwiches: 10 Satisfying Sides
The French Dip sandwich is a household favorite in our household. a crusty loaf of bread stuffed with mouthwateringly tender beef, then topped with melted Swiss or provolone cheese and drizzled with delectable au jus Everything you need on a chilly winter night is in this dish: it’s hearty, delicious, and cheesy. While it is true that this is a bit of an indulgence, after a long and stressful day at work, you deserve this treat. Would you like to save this recipe? If you provide your your address here, we’ll send you the recipe right to your inbox!
- Besides being quite popular, French dip sandwiches have the added benefit of making your entire kitchen smell like heaven.
- You can’t offer sandwiches at a party and expect to generate a joyous environment, no matter how delicious they are.
- When it comes to meal pairings, you’ll want to pay close attention not only to flavor but also to texture.
- Furthermore, because they are soft and sensitive, it is excellent to serve them with a crunchy or chewy side dish.
- Whether you’re serving French dip sandwiches or something else, we’re here to assist you.
Either served on the side or placed on the sandwich, they’re going to taste fantastic. The sweetness and tenderness of the caramelized onions provide a delicious contrast to the umami taste of the sandwich. Furthermore, it is quite simple to prepare! Everything is prepared in 30 minutes if you sauté salted and thinly sliced onions in extra virgin olive oil over a low heat for 30 minutes.
Almost every soup works nicely with almost any type of sandwich. No idea why, but that is a truth nonetheless. In other words, whether you serve your French dip sandwich with a simple cauliflower soup or a hearty tomato soup, you can’t go wrong.
Because your main entrée is already really rich, you’ll want to serve it with something light to balance it out. What could be more appropriate for the situation than a beautiful, basic salad? It not only makes the sandwich more refreshing, but it also adds a wonderful tactile contrast to the soft sandwich. Make sure to include crunchy and chewy components such as sliced apples, cranberries, and pecans in whatever salad you’re making. Balsamic or dijon vinaigrette would be excellent dressing choices because of their pleasant, tangy flavors.
Do you want yet another foolproof side dish that will work with any sandwich? Chips made with potatoes! You should not, however, merely rely on store-bought chips. Instead of store-bought potato chips, serve your buddies homemade potato chips to show them how much you care about them. Would you like to save this recipe? If you provide your your address here, we’ll send you the recipe right to your inbox! They’re actually fairly simple to put together. The only thing you need to remember is to cut them into thin, consistent slices before baking them.
One more expert tip: before you fried the potatoes, soak them for 30 minutes in salted cold water to prevent them from browning too quickly. As a result, they will be crispier and much more tasty. If you want chips that are seasoned with salt and vinegar, soak them in vinegar instead of water.
5.Sweet Potato Fries
Another fool-proof side dish that will work with every sandwich is a salad. It’s potato chips all the way. Instead of buying chips from the supermarket, make your own. Alternatively, you may provide your buddies homemade potato chips to demonstrate your affection for them. Trying to remember where you put that recipe? If you provide your email address here, we’ll give you the recipe right away! In fact, they’re fairly simple to put together. It is only necessary to cut them into thin, consistent slices that you should be concerned.
One more expert tip: before you fried the potatoes, soak them for 30 minutes in salted cold water to prevent them from browning too much.
If you want chips that are seasoned with salt and vinegar, soak them in vinegar rather than water.
Coleslaw is another another light vegetable side dish that pairs nicely with French dip sandwiches and other sandwiches. Considering that cabbage and carrots are known for their crunch, this meal provides a wonderful contrast in texture to the sandwich. However, instead of the traditional mayonnaise dressing, I recommend that you try something a bit different. Your sandwich needs a refreshing partner, and mayo isn’t going to help you out much with that. Instead, toss your shredded vegetables in a sweet and spicy vinegar-based sauce to coat them.
Colby-jack salad is another light vegetable side dish that pairs nicely with French-dip sandwiches. This dish adds a good tactile contrast to the sandwich because cabbage and carrots are both crunchy in nature. In place of the traditional mayonnaise dressing, I recommend that you experiment a little bit. Adding mayonnaise to your sandwich will not provide a particularly refreshing accompaniment. Dress your shredded vegetables instead with a vinaigrette that is sweet and spicy. Preparation: Combine the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, peach nectar, peppers, chilies, and spicy sauce in a mixing bowl until well combined.
You may consider serving your sandwich with a tray of roasted veggies if you’re searching for something wholesome to go along with your sandwich. It’s delectable, healthful, and simple to put together. Simply slice up your favorite veggies (carrots, potatoes, bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, and beets are some of my favorites) and place them on a baking pan to bake. Season them with salt and pepper after coating them with olive oil. Bake until the sugars are caramelized, then serve!
I’ve been serving up a variety of sweet and refreshing sides, and now it’s time for something sour. If you’re having a savory dinner, a dill pickle will bring some acidity to the table. Furthermore, it is crispy, which contrasts with the softness of the bread once again.
While you can buy dill pickles at the supermarket, don’t be scared to experiment with making your own! Simple to make, just marinate some cucumbers and red onions in a vinegar and water combination for a few hours before serving. Your guests will be particularly taken aback.
Finally, I’d like to provide a lovely conclusion to this list of recommendations. For a refreshing palate cleanser, nothing beats a refreshing bowl of your favorite fruits to counteract the richness of your entrée. Choose whichever sweet fruits are in season and sprinkle them with honey, whipped cream, or Greek yogurt to make a delicious dessert! Mangoes and bananas in cream are two of my favorite desserts. It is, in my opinion, the perfect way to conclude any meal.
What to Serve with French Dip Sandwiches: 10 Satisfying Sides
- Choose your favorite recipe from the list
- Organize all of the ingredients that will be needed
- Preparing a delectable cuisine in 30 minutes or less is possible.
Easy Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches
Many major cities in the United States would assert that they have a signature sandwich, and for Chicagoans, that sandwich is the Italian Beef Sandwich. The acidic and tender meat of my Slow Cooker Italian Beef dish cooks all day in the slow cooker. This sandwich is amazing when it is shredded and stacked into hoagie bread with the spicy toppings on top! In the 1930s, Al Ferrari and his sister and brother-in-law came up with the concept and recipe for the Italian beef sandwich, which became popular during the Great Depression.
This allowed them to make the most of what they had available.
What is an Italian Beef Sandwich?
So, what exactly is the big deal with the Italian beef sandwich these days? For those who are unfamiliar with the fondness that many of us have for this legendary sandwich, allow me to express its deliciousness! This dish is a riff on the classic Italian beef sandwich and is sure to please. The thin slices of beef used in the traditional Italian sandwich are called “cacio e pepe.” Tender shredded beef is produced by cooking at a low temperature. Cook the beef in the crockpot on low heat for many hours.
Each sandwich starts with a warm and crispy Italian bun, which is toasted to perfection.
Roasted green pepper is another option for a topping to consider.
It’s perfect for a tailgate party, picnic, or buffet on game day, or any other occasion!
More Gr8 Slow Cooker Recipes to try!
- With these Carnitas, Taco Tuesdays are a delicioso experience. Have you ever triedTikka Masala
- If not, you should. Include some beans on your platter. Soupson
- Make your ribs in the slow cooker to begin with.
Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches are a classic Chicago dish that has been around for decades. This dish features soft meat, fluids, and seasonings that are really excellent. The perfect addition to a game day tailgate, a picnic, a buffet, or just about any dinner!
Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 5 hours 5 hours and 20 minutes in total Courses include beef, a main course, and a sandwich. American and Italian cuisines are available. Italian beef sandwich is a type of sandwich that originated in Italy. Sandwiches in the shape of 66″
- Three pounds chuck roast or rump roast
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- Twelve tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- Two teaspoons garlic powder
- One teaspoon onion powder
- One tablespoon dried oregano
- One tablespoon dried basil, one tablespoon crushed red pepper
- Three small beef bouillon cubes
- Two cups water
- Three tablespoons bouillon cubes
- Three tablespoons crushed red pepper
- Three tablespoons bouillon cubes mild pepper rings in juice or pepperoncini rings in liquid in a 116 ounce jar divided into two halves Mezzetta is a brand that I enjoy. (*See Gr8 Notes below for further information.) 6 hoagie rolls or Italian rolls
- A 116-ounce jar of Giardiniera, mild or hot (I like Marconi brand)
- 6 hoagie rolls or Italian rolls Green bell peppers, roasted and sliced (**See Gr8 Notes below for further information)
- In a large heavy skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and brown the roast on all sides. Place the roast in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker
- Cover with aluminum foil. All of the ingredients should be mixed together and sprinkled over the meat. Using boiling water, dissolve the bouillon cubes and mix well. Pour the sauce over the meat and spices
- Set aside. On top of the meat, sprinkle with 14 cup of the deli-sliced pepper rings. The peppers will be left over and may be used as a garnish, or you can store the jar with the peppers and juice to use at a later time.
- In a separate bowl, combine 3 Tablespoons of the liquid from the jar of deli-sliced pepper rings with the water
- Alternatively, cook on high for 5-6 hours or on low for 8-9 hours, or until the meat is tender. Make small shreds of beef with a fork (discarding the fat) and return it to the cooking fluids. Add the other ingredients and simmer for another 15 minutes on low heat. Stack the shredded beef on top of the cut bread in a towering fashion. Add some of the cooking fluid to the sandwich to make it more filling. Giardiniera or roasted bell peppers can be served on top of the meat.
*When purchasing the Golden Greek pepperoncinis, be in mind that they are significantly hotter than the moderate deli style pepper rings or banana pepper. Alternatively, entire banana peppers can be used if the sliced peppers are not available. * If you don’t want to use Giardiniera, roasted green bell peppers make a delicious complement to the beef sandwiches. To prepare the peppers, cut them in half lengthwise, remove the stems and seeds, then cut them into 1 1/4″ strips. Cook the peppers in a frying pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium-high heat for approximately 15 minutes, or until they are limp and starting to brown.
Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
What should you offer as a side dish with Italian Beef Subs? Let’s have a look at the top 25 side dishes for this incredible recipe! Trying to come up with supper ideas on a daily basis is hard, as any home cook would attest if you ask them. Even with the enormous quantity of ideas that can be found on the internet, it is still a major undertaking. It could be beneficial to simply run through a huge list of ideas and see which ones stay. This strategy assisted me in preparing great and quick weekday dinners without having to think too much.
- When you think of Italian cuisine, you probably think of pizza, lasagna, and spaghetti, but there is so much more to it than that.
- Some of the most incredible recipes I’ve discovered were from classic Italian cookbooks, which I was able to translate with the aid of Google Translate.
- Despite the fact that Italian cuisine is often considered to be healthy and balanced, there are comfort meals that are just as good as those found in western cuisine.
- The subject of this essay is the later of the two.
What to serve with Italian Beef Sandwiches? 20 Sides
After deciding to surprise your family with some mind-blowing beef sandwiches, you’ve realized that you haven’t figured out what to serve as sides yet. After all, a sandwich might be considered a meal in and of itself, but let’s be honest, you’ll most likely find yourself wandering around the refrigerator within an hour. For this reason, we’ve put up 20 sides that you may serve with your Italian Beef Sandwiches, either for lunch or dinner, depending on your preference.
1)Classic Potato Salad
Salad de pommes classique Even though it’s simple to prepare, always strive for more than the recipe calls for because it evaporates rapidly. This one is a classic that everyone enjoys, regardless of the temperature. Cold potato salad is simple to make: just boil potatoes, add mayonnaise and mustard, season with black pepper and salt, and top with finely sliced onion, garlic, and paprika.
Coleslaw Despite the fact that coleslaw is a traditional American side dish, it pairs particularly well with beef sandwiches, such as cookies and milk.
It’s also a night and day difference when you create it yourself versus when you purchase it.
Asparagus on the Grill During the spring season, asparagus is generally accessible at stores. With a little garlic, lemon, or butter, they are really delicious roasted or grilled. They are available in three colors: white, green, and purple, and each one is a powerhouse of nutrients while still being low in calories.
Vegetables that have been steamed When we think about diet foods, the first thing that comes to mind is generally steamed vegetables. However, this does not have to be the case. With the addition of fresh herbs and spices, this unloved side dish may be transformed into a delectable feast. Steamed veggies are a terrific way to get your daily vitamin and fiber consumption, and they pair nicely with almost any dish you can imagine. Broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, carrots, anchovy, and zucchini are some of the most popular vegetables to steam.
5)Air fryer crispy potatoes
Crispy potatoes made in the air fryer Crispy potatoes are a favorite of everyone, especially youngsters. In the event that you have children, this might be a certain way to prepare a delicious Italian Beef Sandwich that everyone will like and eat without complaint, just like in Mom’s utopian ideal. Also, while serving crispy fries, it’s a good idea to have some side sauces on hand, such as barbeque or ketchup.
6)Buttery roasted green beans
roasted green beans in a buttery sauce Green beans, on the other hand, can be contentious because many individuals do not care for them. Also not a great fan, but if you’re planning to create more than one side dish, this can be included in your list of options. The flavor of these potatoes is enhanced by the addition of butter, garlic, and salt.
7)Greek salad with feta
Salad grecque au feta (feta cheese salad) If you’re still stumped as to what to serve with your Italian Beef Sandwiches, this is a fantastic alternative to consider! In most cases, Greek salad is the go-to option for people who aren’t typically fond of salads in general. People seem to adore it in some way. It might be an effective method of incorporating veggies into the diet of finicky eaters.
8)Honey Glazed Carrots
Carrots with a Honey Glaze Carrots with a glaze are a delicious side dish for any occasion. They’re festive enough to serve as a side dish for the holidays, glazed with maple syrup or honey.
9)Italian stuffed tomatoes
Carrots with a honey glaze Carrots with a glaze are a delicious side dish for any event. If you glaze them with maple syrup or honey, they’ll be perfect for your festive side dish.
Salad Caprese (also known as Caprese Salad) The Caprese salad is one of the most iconic and well-known Italian salads, having been around for centuries. A simple side dish made with fresh basil and tomatoes, mozzarella, and balsamic vinegar is all that’s required! It has a flavor that is similar to sunshine. You can use this delicious salad to accompany Italian Beef Sandwiches at any time of the year.
11)Baked Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes in the Oven Sweet potatoes are typically associated with the fall and winter seasons, but they may be found in many of your weekday meals as well.
I like to bake them whole, with just a little butter or olive oil and some freshly ground black pepper on top. Sweet potatoes are also delicious when seasoned with a pinch of chili powder.
12)Brussels Sprout Chips
Chips made with Brussels sprouts Brussels sprouts are not often considered a kid-friendly vegetable. But, have they ever tried it as a snack food like chips? It’s about time, after all! They have a delicious flavor and are entertaining to eat. It’s a great way for fussy eaters to incorporate more fiber and minerals into their daily diets, and it pairs perfectly with an Italian Beef Sandwich. So, who says potato chips have to be consumed on a daily basis?
13)Roasted Red Potatoes
Red Potatoes with a Roasted Garlic Glaze Red potatoes are a staple in most families, and they are particularly well suited for roasting, particularly in dishes such as jacket potatoes. Before roasting in the oven, wash them carefully and allow them to dry completely. Put a batch of fresh green herbs, such as basil or rosemary, on them and drizzle with olive oil. It has a wonderful scent to it!
14)Roasted Parmesan Zucchini
Zucchini with Roasted Parmesan It goes without saying that zucchini (as well as parmesan) are staples in the Italian cuisine. If you’ve only ever had parmesan from the supermarket, look for local Italian gourmet stores to sample their products. This is the actual stuff, and it will blow your mind! Instead of cheese, authentic parmesan has a very strong fragrant flavor that is nearly like a spice, almost like a spice blend. As a result, it is used in lower quantities in Italian cooking. In this side dish, the parmesan should be used to spice up the Zucchini rather than dominating the vegetable.
15)Garlic Steamed Mushrooms
Mushrooms with Garlic Mushrooms and green beans are just as controversial as each other. Usually, at a standard table of people, there will be a few people who will just refuse to taste it out of spite. However, if you happen to be entertaining vegetarian visitors, the odds are that they will be really grateful for them. In addition to steaming, you may also roast or grill them, and stuffed mushrooms are a popular choice among meat eaters, as well. Garlic and cheese, together with a pinch of white or black pepper, work very well with most varieties of mushrooms.
16)Mashed Cheddar Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes with Mashed Cheddar You may argue that mashed potatoes don’t go well with Italian Beef Sandwiches, yet several restaurants have begun to serve their sandwiches with cheesy mashed potatoes, and surprise, surprise, it tastes fantastic! It’s even better when it’s sweet potatoes on the menu. Simply peel them, boil them until soft, and mash them with butter, cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper to make a mashed potato. A drop(!) of vinegar is sometimes added since it improves the flavor, but be extremely cautious to use only one drop and not any more.
17)Roasted Chilli Vegetables
Roasted Vegetables with Chipotle Sauce What could be better than a hot and spicy green salad? Well, some spicy roasted vegetables with chili, to be precise. Put some carrots, broccoli, brussels sprouts, anchovies, or any other vegetable in a roasting pan and roast for about 30 minutes at 400 degrees. Toss them with olive oil, season with salt and chili, and roast for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
It’s also possible to glaze them with a batch of honey to give them a caramelized look and feel. Pour a few drops of lime juice over the roasted chili vegetables just before serving them with the Italian Beef Sandwich, and serve immediately.
18)Fresh green salad with mozzarella and balsamic vinegar
Salad de légumes fraises avec mozzarella et vinaigre de provence In fact, green salads are the ideal classic side dish, and they’re also quite healthful. But adding some mozzarella, balsamic vinegar, and even some lime juice can really bring out some wonderful tastes in the salad. A light salad as a side dish to the main Sandwich can help to make it a more-or-less nutritious option for a lunch or dinner. If you find salads to be monotonous, consider incorporating some spaghetti and creating a pasta salad out of them to delight even the pickiest of diners.
19)Italian Tomato Salad with Fresh Basil
Salad de Tomatoes Italianes avec de la Basilique In most cases, tomatoes are the first item that springs to mind when thinking about Italian recipes. A salad in Italy is normally more rustically cut, and the dressing is usually some form of vinegar with a few drops of lime or lemon juice if you are lucky enough to eat one. Having a few fresh herbs on hand may transform a simple dish into something with great flair.
20)Pasta Salad with Olives and Sundried Tomatoes
Pasta Salad with Olives and Sun-Dried Tomatoes is a delicious dish. As the “Western” form of a salad, pasta salad is often preferred, but if you have fussy eaters in your family (or just don’t like for veggies that much), and you don’t mind the added calories, a pasta salad might be a wonderful alternative. A surprising quantity of veggies and healthful extra components may be hidden inside it while still serving as a delightful and soothing side dish or main course entrée. Add some sundried tomatoes for a true flavor of summer to round out the dish even further.
What goes with Italian Beef Sandwiches for dinner? 5 Side dishes
If you’re planning on making a delectable Italian Beef Sandwich for supper, I recommend serving it with a vegetable and fiber-rich side dish to ease the strain on your stomach before bedtime. These delicious and adaptable dinners are surprisingly satisfying for their size. Even if you don’t have time to prepare a whole side dish, you can put together an array of sliced veggies on a plate with some cheese and hams and allow your visitors and family help themselves to these bite-sized morsels to go with their beef sandwiches.
21) Grilled Zucchini
Zucchini is a common ingredient in Italian cuisine, and it requires adequate seasoning. A little cumin, pepper, rosemary, and a sprinkling of butter may go a long way toward making this dish. You may grill or roast them, and it takes around 20 minutes to complete the preparation process. It’s kind on your stomach, and it’s gentle on the nerves of new chefs.
22) Caesar Salad
It is common in Italian cooking to use zucchini, which requires seasoning to be well utilized. It only takes a little cumin, pepper, rosemary, and a smidgeon of butter to make a delicious meal! You may either grill or roast them, and the entire process takes around 20 minutes. Also, it’s not hard on the stomach or the nerves of first-time cooks.
23) White Beans Salad
Beans are one of the most nutrient-dense and protein-dense foods that you can use in your recipes.
It sounds delicious when combined with finely sliced carrots, tomatoes, paprika, and garlic red pesto in a delicious salad. If you want to draw out the tastes, it’s also a good idea to add some acidity, such as lemon or lime zest or a drop of white wine vinegar.
24) Burrata Salad
A burrata salad is a simple dish to prepare that is strikingly similar to the Caprese salad described above. You’ll need some tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, fresh basil, a large amount of burrata cheese, pepper, and sea salt to make this dish, among other ingredients. Burrata cheese has a texture that is soft, creamy, and pleasant to bite into; it is one of the most delectable cheeses that can be found in Italy. Cherry tomatoes are the greatest choice for this dish, in my opinion.
25) Chickpea Salad
Chickpeas, with the exception of vegetarian homes, are a legume that is underappreciated in most households. You should employ this excellent ingredient in more of your recipes because it has a wide range of applications. Ideally, chickpeas should be rinsed in water for a few hours before cooking in water. After that, you may grill or roast them with garlic to finish them off. Alternatively, you may include them in any salad, along with a range of other veggies. Dressing for chickpea salad, a spicy and savory yogurt is a delicious combination of spices and flavors.
Served on a loaf of soft french bread with pepperoni, spicy pickled veggies, melted cheese, shredded beef, and gravy, Italian Beef Sandwiches became an American classic, and are still popular today. When it comes to cheese, there is no such thing as too much; there is no such thing as too much of a good thing. The ideal beef for an Italian Beef Sandwich is slow-roasted to softness and then boiled in a highly flavored broth with a variety of strong spices until it is well cooked. You have the option of making a dry or a moist beef sandwich.
The tastes are incredible, despite the fact that the recipe calls for only a few ingredients.
So, do you already have an idea of what you’ll offer with Italian Beef Sandwiches for the launch or maybe supper this evening?
Other side dishes include:
- Served on a loaf of soft french bread with pepperoni, spicy pickled veggies, melted cheese, shredded beef, and gravy, Italian Beef Sandwiches became an American staple, and are still enjoyed today. When it comes to cheese, there is no such thing as too much, so feel free to pile on as much as you like! An Italian Beef Sandwich is made by slow roasting beef to softness and simmering it in a flavorful broth with strong spices until it is well cooked. Make a dry or a moist beef sandwich, depending on your preference. Lunch, supper, or simply some snacks for a movie night are all possible with these beef sandwiches. The tastes are incredible, despite the fact that they are simple to create with only a few ingredients. With a hearty side dish, you may turn this dish into a satisfying complete dinner. So, do you already have an idea of what you’ll offer with Italian Beef Sandwiches for the launch or maybe supper this evening? Please feel free to leave your thoughts and recommendations in the section below this paragraph. Side dishes that aren’t listed include:
What to Serve With Italian Beef Sandwiches
Dinner or any other occasion calls for the greatest side dishes to go with Italian Beef Sandwiches. The perfect flavor combinations for a delectable dinner! Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes 10 minutes of resting time Dishes on the SideCulinary American
- Classic potato salad
- Cole slaw
- Grilled asparagus
- Steamed veggies
- Crispy potatoes cooked in the air fryer
- Buttery roasted green beans a Greek salad with feta cheese
- Honey glazed carrots
- Italian filled tomatoes
- Caprese salad
- Baked sweet potatoes
- Brussels sprout chips
- Roasting red potatoes
- Roasting parmesan zucchini
- Garlic mushrooms
- Mashed cheddar sweet potatoes
- Roasting chilli vegetables Salad de légumes fraises avec mozzarella et vinaigre de provence
- Recipes include Italian Tomato Salad with Fresh Basil, Pasta Salad with Olives and Sundried Tomatoes, Grilled Zucchini, Caesar salad, White Beans Salad, Burrata Salad, Chickpea Salad, and many more.
- Make the Italian Beef Sandwiches according to package directions
- Prepare your accompanying dish
- Take pleasure in your great supper
What to Serve with Italian Beef Sandwiches is a keyword to remember.
SLOW COOKER ITALIAN BEEF SANDWICHES
Fresh roast beef, courtesy of Jones Creek Beef, was recently sent to me for testing purposes. I have a large family, and it can be difficult to feed everyone at the same time at meal times. Fortunately, everyone appreciates a delicious roast dinner! Jones Creek Beef is a prominent all-natural, grass-fed cattle firm that raises and offers superior free-range, grass-fed, and grass-finished beef. Jones Creek Beef is based in the United States. Jones Creek Meat’s cattle are raised and handled in a manner that results in soft, tasty, and nutritional beef for its customers.
I’ll be really honest here: I’d never had grass-fed beef before, so I was quite intrigued.
I discovered that cooking it low and slow (in the slow cooker) worked best for this thinner cut of beef.
Jones Creek Beefprovides various recommendations for preparing grass-fed meat on their website.
Traditionally, these sandwiches are made with sliced roast beef, but I couldn’t resist using a long, slow cooking procedure that results in a roast that is extremely soft and falls apart when cut. The meat was juicy and tasty, and I like the fact that it was very low in fat content.
Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches
- 3/4 cup pepperoncini peppers or Giardiniera Mix (Chicago-Style Italian Sandwich Mix)*
- 2-3 pound chuck roast
- 1 packet zesty Italian dressing mix
- 1 14.5-ounce can beef broth
- 3/4 cup pepperoncini peppers or Giardiniera Mix (Chicago-Style Italian Sandwich Mix)*
- 2 pieces of provolone cheese
- 6 hoagie bread
- 1 bell pepper, cut
- Place the roast in a slow cooker. Toss in the beef broth and a package of Italian dressing mix on top to finish it off. Stir in the pepperoncini peppers and the Giardiniera mix (which contains a variety of veggies) until everything is evenly distributed. Cook on low for 9 hours, shredding the meat with two forks. Add the sliced bell peppers and mix well. Continue to cook for a further hour. Hoagie rolls should be sliced in half and toasted under the broiler for 2 minutes. Shredded meat and peppers should be piled high, then top with sliced cheese. Return to the broiler for 1 minute to let the cheese to completely melt. Enjoy
*I included a little bit of both! It produces a great taste as a result. At your local grocery shop, you’ll find this at the condiments section, near the pickles.
Recipe adapted from Iowa Girl Eats.
- 6 hoagie buns, 6 slices provolone cheese, 2-3lb chuck roast, 1 packet Zesty Italian dressing mix, 1 14-ounce can beef broth, 3/4cup pepperoncini peppers or Giardiniera MixChicago-Style Italian Sandwich Mix*, 1 bell pepper, sliced
- Place the roast in a slow cooker. Toss in the beef broth and a package of Italian dressing mix on top to finish it off. Stir in the pepperoncinis until everything is evenly distributed. Cook on a low heat for nine hours. To shred the beef, use two forks. Add the sliced bell peppers and mix well. Continue to cook for a further hour. Hoagie rolls should be sliced in half and toasted under the broiler for 2 minutes. Shredded meat and peppers should be piled high, then top with sliced cheese. Return to the broiler for 1 minute to completely melt the cheese
- Serve immediately. I included a little of both! It produces a great taste as a result. At your local grocery shop, you may find this at the condiments section, near the pickles.
Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches
Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches are a 5-ingredient variation of the famous hot sandwich dish that can be made in the crock pot. This simple supper dish is a hit with the whole family! It is possible that this content contains affiliate links. Last week, I asked my Facebook and Twitter friends whether they’d be interested in seeing a crock pot dish on the blog this week, and they said they were. There were so many exclamation points in the comments, which I interpreted to imply, ‘hell yeah!’, that I immediately started contemplating possible solutions to the problem.
In the process of coming up with a unique and fascinating crock pot combination, I determined that the recipe would have to fit the following requirements:
- Beef-based, because I only have one beef crock pot dish on the blog, which is Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce
- It’s simple. There is nothing worse than crock pot recipes that require numerous cooking procedures before you can even plug the blasted thing in. Wonderfully flavorful and distinct
- It is not gloopy in any way.
Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches were the recipe I chose based on the aforementioned considerations. The perfect amount of zip and zing in this delectable 5-ingredient flavor combination! chuck roast is slow-cooked in a blend of pepperoncini peppers, Giardiniera, Italian dressing mix, and beef broth for 10 hours before being shredded and served on a chewy hoagie bread with melted provolone cheese on the side. Amazingly delicious, and did I mention that it is created with only five ingredients?!
However, he was pleasantly surprised.
However, guess what?
I was eating the shredded beef right from the crock pot like the sophisticated woman that I am, while he devoured a full sandwich in under 2 minutes as I was standing there watching him.
How to Make Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches:
Starting with a 3lb chuck roast, remove any large bits of fat off the roast and chop the meat into seven or eight large hunks, placing them in the bottom of an 8-quart crock pot. After that, add a packet of Good Seasons Zesty Italian Salad Dressing Mix to the bowl. This pre-packaged mix appeals to me since all of the components are ones that I am familiar with. This mix is NOT gluten-free, as was previously stated. Use a homemade Italian Dressing mix (halve or eliminate the salt asked for in the recipe) or seek for a gluten-free dressing mix such as Simply Organic (available at health food stores).
- Chicago-style Giardiniera, a sort of relish prepared with pickled olives and vegetables and filled with herbs and oils, was something I’d never tried before, but Ben requested it be included in this meal.
- Even though it’s intended to be served alongside Italian beef sandwiches, I could have eaten forkful after forkful of it on its own.
- Even though Giardiniera may be purchased in vinegar, I found this particular version to be a tremendous pleasure.
- Once the roast can be easily shredded with a fork, shred the meat and return it to the slow cooker to continue to simmer in the juices for 1 more hour on low heat.
Scoop the meat onto hoagie buns and top with a piece of provolone cheese, which will melt as a result of the heat from the beef. Prepare the dish by topping it with more pepperoncini peppers and Giardiniera.
More Crock Pot Recipes You’ll Love
- Crock Pot Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- Crock Pot Mojo Pork with Cuban-Style Black Beans
- Crock Pot White Chicken Chili
- Crock Pot Mojo Pork with Cuban-Style Black Beans. See all of our crock pot recipes.
free email bonus!
Recipes that are simple to prepare but full of flavor that take the stress out of dinnertime
Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches are a 5-ingredient crock pot variation of the famous hot sandwich dish that uses Italian beef. This simple supper dish is a hit with the whole family!
- Cooking Italian Beef Sandwiches in the Crock Pot is an easy, 5-ingredient variation on the famous hot sandwich dish. Enjoy this simple supper meal that will be a hit with the entire family!
- Place the chuck roast in the bottom of a 5.5 – 6 quart crock pot and sprinkle with the salad dressing mix. Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Add the pepperoncini peppers with a splash of juice, the Giardiniera, and the beef stock, then raise the chuck roast pieces to allow the liquid to collect below them. Cook on low for 9 hours, or until the meat can be easily shredded with a fork, after covering with a lid. Shred the meat, then return it to the crock pot and simmer on low for another hour or so. Split the buns in half, then spread the shredded meat mixture onto the bottom half of the buns and top with slices of provolone cheese. Serve immediately, garnished with more pepperoncini peppers and Giardiniera, if preferred
- The Good Seasons Zesty Italian Salad Dressing Mix does not include any gluten ingredients. Alternatively, you may make your own Italian Dressing Mix (by halving or eliminating the salt asked for in the recipe) or use a gluten free Italian Dressing Mix such as Simply Organic.
Adapted from the novel Pioneer Woman This recipe comes to us courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, and it is one of my favorite crock pot meals to this day. It couldn’t have been much simpler to prepare, and the flavors from the pickled veggies and pepper rings really brought out the best in the roast beef. Let’s not forget about the chewy hoagie bread, which soaks up all the delicious juices from the meat. SO APPEALING. I hope you’ll give it a shot at some point!
Free Email Series!
Recipes that are simple to prepare but full of flavor that take the stress out of dinnertime Subscribe
hi, i’m kristin!
When I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in 2013, I decided to start a blog where I could share tasty and approachable gluten-free recipes prepared using ordinary, in-season ingredients. Welcome! Read on to find out more
What sides go with Italian beef? – Question and Answer
- What side dishes pair well with roast beef
- When it comes to roast beef and Italian beef, what is the difference? What are the most popular side dishes in the United States? What goes well with a burger on a bun? What vegetables should be served with roast meal
- What should be included in a roast meal
- What exactly is wet Italian beef?
With my Italian Beef Sandwiches, what can I serve to my guests?
- Pasta Salad with Tortellini, Cucumber Tomato Salad with Italian Dressing, Baked Parmesan Fries, Potato Salad, Million Dollar Macaroni and Cheese, Baked Beans with Brown Sugar and Bacon, Kicked Up Classy Creamy Potato Salad, Strawberry Avocado Broccoli Salad, and Million Dollar Macaroni and Cheese
↑What sides go good with roast beef?
Using our culinary expertise, we’ve come up with 14 savory side dishes that go wonderfully with roast beef.
- Potatoes roasted in the oven. Roast beef and roasted potatoes are a traditional combo
- Crispy Potato Wedges
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Brussels Sprouts
- Balsamic Mushrooms
- Maple Glazed Carrots
- Green Beans
- Roasted Beef and Roasted Potatoes
↑What is the difference between roast beef and Italian beef?
Okay, let’s talk about the differences. Despite the fact that both recipes call for Roast Beef, the Italian version has the beef sliced and poached in the gravy created during the cooking process. This is something that the French want to have on the side. In order to avoid having an enlarged prostate, there are some foods you should avoid.
↑What are the most popular side dishes?
95+ Side Dishes that will make your weeknight dinners a thousand times more enjoyable
- The Best-Ever Candied Yams
- Of 96
- Creamed Spinach
- Mashed Butternut Squash
- Roasted Delicata Squash
- Cheesy Bacon Butternut Squash
↑What goes with beef on a bun?
Side dishes such as coleslaw, baked beans, macaroni and cheese, fresh veggies, and oven-baked fries are all good choices for Thanksgiving. Fresh fruit and brownies with ice cream round off this easy-to-prepare dinner. Is PF Chang’s a restaurant that serves oyster sauce?
↑What veg goes with roast dinner?
From asparagus to sweet potatoes to beets to every variety of Brussels sprout imaginable, there’s no shortage of nutritious foods to choose from in this area. Also, have a look at some other vegetable side dishes. There’s nothing quite like roasted potatoes, in my opinion.
↑What goes in a roast dinner?
Traditionally eaten on Sundays in the United Kingdom and Ireland, a Sunday roast includes roasted meat and potatoes, as well as side dishes including Yorkshire pudding, stuffing, gravy, and condiments such as apple sauce, mint sauce, and redcurrant jelly, among others.
↑What is a wet Italian Beef?
Depending on personal preference, there are varied degrees of juiciness. The terminology varies from stand to stand, but wetor dipped refers to the bread being swiftly dunked in the juice; juicy refers to the bread being even wetter; and soaked refers to the bread being drippingwet. The majority of Chicagobeefrestaurants also serve a “combo,” which includes a grilled Italian sausage on top of the sandwich.
Suggestions for side dishes.please (wine, grill, tomato, bread) – Food and Drink -cooking, cuisine, meat, vegetables, restaurants, diet, prices, allergies.
Please registerto participate in our discussions with 2 million other members – it’s free and quick!
Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After youcreate your account, you’ll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Getting ready to host an evening meal for 10 people this weekend. I have to keep it simple because it’s just too hot to grill out or use the oven.My main course will be italian beef (crock pot) please give me some ideas for “stay cool” meal side dishes.
Location: Kirkwood, DE and beautiful SXM!12,054 posts, read21,795,877timesReputation: 31852 I would start with bruchetta and then have a cucumber salad, cole slaw, and other cold salads.
Location: Silver Springs, FL23,417 posts, read34,436,488timesReputation: 15560 Tomato, basil, and fresh mozzarella salad with balsamic vinaigrette.I make it in a trifle bowl with red and yellow pear tomatoes, very pretty! I’d serve antipasto platter (appetizer)gazpacho soupcorngreen bean saladorwhite bean, zucchiniparmesan salad tortellini salad green salad fresh, crusty bread Quote:Originally Posted byLarksongMy main course will be italian beef (crock pot) please give me some ideas for “stay cool” meal side dishes.Larksong, what is “Italian beef”?I am thinking panzanella right off the bat, though.
Location: Land of Free Johnson-Weld-20166,472 posts, read15,283,769timesReputation: 6484 How about these:carrot raisin saladpasta salad waldorf saladcole slawpotato salad (normally I like cold salads with mayo, but I like potato salads w/ olive oil)steamed veggies in foil on the grillgrilled veggies, unf take more babysitting than steamed.
Location: The Hall of Justice25,906 posts, read39,711,351timesReputation: 42668 Quote:Originally Posted byMiaiamLarksong, what is “Italian beef”?Hot, thinly sliced beef with Italian-seasoned broth. Pile it on a good Italian roll and serve it with the jus on the side.I am normally not a fan of wet (soggy) sandwiches, but Italian beef is the bee’s knees. I have learned this upon moving to the Chicago area.I second the cold salad idea.And maybe some fruit.The sweetness will be refreshing. You might go a bit farther afield in the Mediterranean and serve hummus and pita bread with kalamata olives.If you have a food processor, a couple of cans of chick-peas, some fresh garlic, a tablespoon or so of tahini, lemon juice and olive oil, you can make a killer batch of hummus in about 10 minutes.Add some roasted red pepper if you want something a little different.Raita, which is a cucumber and yogurt salad flavored with mint leaves and occasionally fine-chopped green onions, would be another possibility.My spouse recently made up a version of aroshka which was absolutely wonderful.It’s similar to raita, but uses kefir instead of yogurt, so it’s like a cold soup.He included radishes along with the cucumber, but opted to leave out the potatoes and hardboiled eggs that the recipe called for.Very tasty stuff, and ideal for a hot sticky day.The only other thing I’d add would be to have a huge spread of fresh fruit for people to nosh on.It’s peak season for stone fruit and melons (at least in our neck of the woods), and that always makes a popular side dish.
Location: Bella Vista, Ark77,807 posts, read94,633,642timesReputation: 48975 Quote:Originally Posted byLarksongGetting ready to host an evening meal for 10 people this weekend. I have to keep it simple because it’s just too hot to grill out or use the oven.My main course will be italian beef (crock pot) please give me some ideas for “stay cool” meal side dishes.Can you believe we are saying something like it is too hot to grill: that is really bad, but we are saying the same thing. I think tonight we will do kabobs though.Now, to your situation: an array of salads starting with a tomato/cuke salad is great for starters.
Another favorite for us always is Asparagus, steamed if you do not want to do the grill thing. Of course just a nice plate of cheese with crackers, grape tomatoes, a little fruit and crackers works well.Lots of cold beer, wine and mint ice tea to finish it off.Nita
Pleaseregisterto post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned. Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site:City-data.com.
All times are GMT -6.