What are the best side dishes to serve with a sandwich?
- If you do not have much time to prepare the complicated side dishes for your sandwiches, then vegetable salad will be your quick and simple option. You can check your fridge and take out your favorite vegetables necessary for the recipe, such as cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, carrots, and cauliflower florets.
What can you serve with sandwiches?
15 Best Side Dishes for Sandwiches
- Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup. Ah, grilled cheese and tomato soup: one of the most iconic pairings known to man.
- Fruit Salad.
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich with Baked Beans.
- Sweet Potato Fries.
- Macaroni Salad.
- Grilled Cheese and Chili.
What do you eat with pulled pork?
What to Serve with Pulled Pork Sandwiches (17 Tempting Sides)
- Jalapeno Cornbread.
- Mac & Cheese.
- Corn Pudding.
- Macaroni Salad.
- Potato Salad.
- Cucumber Salad.
- Baked Beans.
What do you serve at a BBQ?
Some of these are great appetizers while you’re waiting for the grill, too.
- Potato Salad.
- Pasta Salad.
- Corn on the Cob.
- Watermelon, Berries, and Other Summer Fruits.
- Cut Vegetables for Dipping.
- Tortilla or Potato Chips.
- Dinner Rolls, Tortillas, or Pitas.
What is traditionally served with brisket?
What to Serve with Brisket: 14 Savory Side Dishes
- Coleslaw. Hosting a party can sometimes get overwhelming.
- Corn Pudding. Corn pudding is a classic comfort dish that will perfectly complete your brisket meal.
- Baked Beans.
- Scalloped Potatoes.
- Mac & Cheese.
- Brussels Sprouts.
- Grilled Potato Skins.
- Corn on the Cob.
What vegetables go with sandwiches?
The easiest way to add both fiber and flavor to your sandwich is by adding some veggies and/or fruit.
What sides go with BLT sandwiches?
What to Serve with BLT Sandwiches (12 Classic Sides)
- Fruit Bowl.
- Macaroni Salad.
- Potato Chips.
- Salad with Mandarin Oranges.
- Tomato Soup.
- Sweet Potato Fries.
- Deviled Eggs.
What vegetables are good with pulled pork?
Fruits and Vegetables An ear of corn on the cob with a small smear of butter provides a healthy dose of fiber. Sprinkle fresh herbs on the corn to add flavor to this barbecue staple. Steamed green beans, grilled asparagus or baked squash are additional side dishes loaded with flavor and nutrition.
What goes with sloppy joes?
What to Serve with Sloppy Joes: 16 Incredible Side Dishes
- Baked Beans.
- Potato Chips.
- Tater Tots.
- Mac and Cheese.
- Potato Salad.
- Sweet Potato Hash.
- Dill Pickles.
- Macaroni Salad.
What kind of buns do you serve pulled pork on?
For traditional pulled pork sandwiches, we recommend using brioche or kaiser rolls since they are soft and fluffy, making them perfect for biting into.
What is the most popular BBQ food?
According to our research, the most popular BBQ food in the U.S. is watermelon. The refreshing treat is too sweet to resist, and it’s certainly an easy addition to any barbecue menu. Meanwhile, hamburgers come in second, followed by ribs. Grilled chicken, pulled pork, and kebabs, all tie for fifth place.
Which one is the best accompaniment for your prepared barbecue?
Coleslaw. A bowl of coleslaw is an incredibly easy barbecue side dish and always a winner. It’s as simple as one, two three: first, mix sliced red cabbage, white cabbage and grated or thinly sliced carrot; then combine with mayonnaise and seasoning; and finally pop in the fridge until you’re ready to eat.
What is the best BBQ food?
Without further ado, here are the best barbecue foods, ranked.
- Pork (chopped or pulled)
- Spare ribs.
- Chicken. Image via Yelp/Kevin W.
- Sausages. Image via Liz Barclay.
- Cole slaw. Image via Liz Barclay.
- Potato salad. Image via Liz Barclay.
- Baked beans. Image via Yelp/Jessica M.
- Beef rib. Image via First We Feast.
What are the most popular side dishes?
Most Popular Side Dishes
- Garlic Mashed Cauliflower Recipe.
- Homemade Crescent Rolls Recipe.
- Classic Green Bean Casserole Recipe.
- Cheesy Potato Casserole (Hash Brown Potato Casserole Recipe)
- Creamy Crock Pot Mac and Cheese Recipe (VIDEO)
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli Recipe.
How do you serve BBQ brisket?
Everything tastes good with Smoked Beef Brisket! Serve this smoky dish up with some corn on the cob, Jalapeno Artichoke Dip, Moist Buttermilk Cornbread, baked beans, Wild Brown Rice, or Crispy Air Fryer French Fries. Lay out some pickles, BBQ sauce, and gravy.
Is brisket a cheap cut of meat?
Brisket. Untrimmed beef brisket is still one of the least expensive cuts of beef you can buy. Of course, once cooked low and slow, it loses about half its weight in meat, but few things are better than barbecue brisket.
20 Best Barbecue Side Dishes – so many easy recipes to choose from!
26 of the Best Side Dishes for Barbecue Who doesn’t want to see more mouthwatering recipes for side dishes to serve with barbecue? Whether you’re cooking pulled pork, smoked brisket, ribs, chicken, or steak, you’ve got your main dishes covered for the big summer barbeque party. But what should I serve it with? When I post recipes for main meals over the course of the year, I receive the same inquiry as I do at other times of the year. The inevitable inquiries begin to pour in, such as “What do you serve with that?” and similar variations.
However, one of the things I enjoy about anything grilled or slow smoked on the backyard BBQ is that there are so many varied possibilities for side dishes to accompany the main course of the meal.
Barbecue side dishes make all the difference.
Best Side Dishes for a Barbecue Anyone who enjoys a good BBQ side dish doesn’t need any more inspiration. Whether you’re grilling pulled pork, smoked brisket, ribs, chicken, or steak, you’ve got your major dishes covered for the big summer BBQ. The question is, what to serve it with. When I post recipes for main courses, I receive the same inquiry that I do at other times of the year. Naturally, the inquiries about “what do you serve with it” begin to trickle in. There is no exception to this rule during the summer BBQ season.
Many new side dishes have been included, as well as a BONUS RECIPE for the kids that has been added at the end of the list! In addition, my most recent Deviled Egg Potato Salad has been included. It was so popular that I decided to provide a link to the recipe at the bottom of the page. We’ve officially reached the halfway point of this collection with 26 recipes!
Like this barbecue side dishes recipe collection?
You’ll find lots more BBQ inspiration in our extensive collection of Barbecue and Grilling recipe collections. Recipe with a bonus! Enjoy our newly revised version of an old favorite dish! Baked Beans with Molasses and Bacon! Baked Beans with Old Fashioned Molasses and Bacon (recipe below). Dressing for a Peach Bacon Salad with Honey Lemon Vinaigrette Peach Bacon Salad with a Honey Lemon Vinaigrette dressing.
Alfredo Mac and Cheese
Bacon Alfredo Macaroni and Cheese Baked Beans with Brown Sugar Bacon Baked Beans with Brown Sugar Roasted Potatoes with Lemon and Herbs Roasted Potatoes with Lemon and Herbs The Best Corn Bread Made in Minutes The Best Cornbread Recipe that is Simple to Make. Dressing: Sweet Mustard Dressing with Bacon Potato Salad Dressing: Sweet Mustard Dressing with Bacon Potato Salad These are really simple and quick to make. With yogurt flatbreads, you can transform any BBQ main meal into a delicious wrap.
Herb Croutons made with butter Dressing for a BLT Salad made with Creamy Dijon Smoked chicken with white barbecue sauce, a traditional Alabama dish, is a must-try.
The Barbecue Side Dishes keep coming.
Coleslaw with red cabbage Coleslaw made with red cabbage and corngolden raisins. Refrigerator Pickles are a type of pickle that is kept in the refrigerator. Montreal Steak Spice is a blend of herbs and spices that are used to season steaks in Montreal, Canada. Refrigerator Pickles are a type of pickle that is kept in the refrigerator. Biscuits with Garlic and Butter Biscuits with Garlic and Butter Southwestern Pasta Salad with Chipotle and Lime Southwestern Pasta Salad with Chipotle and Lime Tomato Cucumber Salad with Chickpeas and Mint Tomato Cucumber Salad with Chickpeas and Mint Tomato Cucumber Salad with Chickpeas and Mint Lemon Potato Salad with Tzatziki Sauce Lemon Potato Salad with Tzatziki Sauce Barbecue Seasoning Nuggets of Roasted Potatoes Roasted Potato Nuggets with Barbecue Seasoning Coleslaw with mango and sesame dressing Coleslaw with mango and sesame dressing.
- Copycat Macaroni Salad prepared by Kraft Kraft is a knockoff of the original.
- Grilled Potato Salad with Lemon and Oregano, served warm Grilled Potato Salad with Lemon and Oregano, served warm.
- Lemon Salad de Corne à la Chive (Chive Grilled Corn Salad) A salad of grilled corn, apples, lemon, and chives is a delicious side dish.
- Dressing with Honey and Dijon A Strawberry and Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese is a refreshing salad that is full of flavor.
BONUS RECIPE! Quick and Easy Stovetop Mac ‘n Cheese
cole slaw with red cabbage With corngolden raisins and red cabbage, this coleslaw is delicious. Pickles stored in the refrigerator the Montreal Steak Seasoning (also known as Montreal Steak Seasoning (also known as Montreal Steak Seasoning) Pickles stored in the refrigerator Bacon-Wrapped Pork Chops Bacon-Wrapped Pork Chops Southwestern Salsa de Pasta with Chipotle Lime Southwestern Salsa de Pasta with Chipotle Lime Toss a tomato and cucumber salad with chickpeas and mint in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss a tomato and cucumber salad with chickpeas and mint in a large mixing bowl.
- Copycat Macaroni Salad from Kraft Foods, Inc.
- A warm grilled potato salad flavored with lemon and oregano is a delicious side dish.
- wedge fries that have been baked to a crispy crunch wedge fries that have been baked to a crispy crunch The Bacon is Creamy The Potatoes with Parmesan (or Parmigiano-Reggiano).
- Lemon Waldorf Potato Salad is a traditional salad served in the Waldorf Hotel in Washington, DC.
Goat Cheese on a Salad of Strawberry Spinach a simple dressing made with honey and dijon Goat Cheese on a Salad of Strawberry Spinach Dressing made with honey and dijon Caesar Salad with Radicchio and Almonds Radicchio with Almonds and Caesar Dressing Toss the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss to combine.
Served with Deviled Eggs and Potatoes Red Onion Jam is a condiment that is made with red onion slices.
Salad d’Orzo au Lemon Mint Salad d’Orzo au Lemon Mint a salad of chickpeas with quinoa, lemon, and ginger a salad of chickpeas with lemon, ginger, and a pinch of salt & pepper the combination of chili and lime A Salad de Pasta à la Crème Fraiche Chili Lime Shrimp Salad over Penne Pasta.
16 Mouthwatering BBQ Side Dishes
There’s never a good reason not to barbeque. Though an enjoyable cookout and backyard party (complete with all of the delectable BBQ sides) are a wonderful way to celebrate a graduation or summer birthday, eating BBQ is something you can do any night of the week, for any reason—including simply because you’re in the mood for some delicious pulled pork. The best way to BBQ is with lots of BBQ sides, which you can make at home if you know how to barbecue or grill your brisket or pulled pork or get a cooked Boston butt from your local barbecue place if you know how to barbecue or grill your brisket or pulled pork at home.
- The goal is to select and create side dishes that pair well with your meat of choice, whether it’s pulled pork, brisket, or BBQ chicken, for example.
- To make the finest BBQ you’ve ever had, start with a meat basis and then pile on all the sides you and your family enjoy and crave: Any of these BBQ side dish dishes will go well with your favorite smoker-cooked meat, so pick one that you like.
- Are you looking for something to go with your smokey brisket or acidic pulled pork?
- SEE ALSO:Side Dishes for Kebabs
Easy Crock Pot BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Here is a simple recipe for Easy Crock Pot BBQ Beef Sandwiches that you can make in your slow cooker. You’re going to enjoy these quick and simple BBQ beef sandwiches. Oh. My. Goodness. They are very delicious! What makes this dish so delicious? There are only four essential ingredients and a handful of spices in my crock pot BBQ beef sandwich recipe (as in just salt and pepper, nothing fancy needed). Making a great meal is simple with this recipe, and you can set it up and forget about it as you go about your busy day.
The perfect quick dinner for a busy family or when you have a large group of people to feed, these sandwiches are a must.
Because of the low cost of beef these days, you can simply store any leftovers for future dinner.
Even though I did have leftovers, I repurposed them for dinner the next night, and we appreciated the shredded beef combination served with rice.
It was fantastic, and I highly recommend giving it a try. This method of serving it over rice reminds me a little of South Carolina barbecue hash, but I wouldn’t go so far as to call it that. Hash is, without a doubt, a unique concept.
Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef
Wowee! Isn’t that a stunning sight to behold? Delicious grilled beef on toasted buns, along with delicious sides, is a winning lunch. It’s very delicious, y’all! Toasting buns for sandwiches and burgers is a favorite of mine since it provides such a particular touch to the dish while also providing a delicious taste boost.
What to Serve with BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Before we get into the side dish possibilities, let’s speak about the various BBQ beef sandwich fillings available. After all, it is barbecue, so a tart coleslaw would be a fantastic accompaniment to these crockpot bbq beef sandwiches. It would be exactly the same as if it were pulled pork barbeque. Refrigerate your slaw until required by mixing it in a small container ahead of time and covering it. Chips made from dill pickles– we enjoy eating dill pickles with barbecue sandwiches. They provide a satisfying crunch, texture, and taste.
- Other Toppings What to serve with slow cooker BBQ beef sandwiches is the next question.
- Coleslaw is very simple to make, whether you use a whole head of cabbage or a pre-made coleslaw mix.
- A dish of barbecue while dining out would not be complete without baked beans, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels the same way.
- Potato Chips are quick and easy to make, and they come in a variety of flavors.
- During the summer months, potato salad may also serve as the (unofficial) official side dish for a barbecue dinner or picnic.
- Using toasted sandwich bread or hamburger buns or slider buns, serve the wonderful barbecue meat to your guests and enjoy.
What do I need to make Crock Pot BBQ Beef Sandwiches?
My buddy, you are going to enjoy how easy and straightforward my ingredient list is for this quick and easy dish. You’ll be able to get everything you need to create it in your local supermarket. Here’s everything you’ll need to get started: Beef Roast– I like a boneless chuck roast since it has a high fat-to-meat ratio, which results in a deliciously flavorful dish. This is a favorite cut of beef for slow cooking because of its tenderness. Barbecue Sauce– I simply used up the remainder of a container of store-bought barbecue sauce that I had on hand.
- This sauce was very amazing!
- I do create my own sauce from time to time as well.
- Beef Stock– This flavorful broth enhances the flavor of the meat while keeping it soft and moist.
- Because many sauces are made with brown sugar or molasses as their foundation, the beef broth helps to prevent the sauce from burning while it is simmering.
- The onions become part of the meat mixture.
- If you choose, you may season the dish with additional flavors that you and your family will appreciate.
If you want to try your hand at making your own homemade barbecue sauce using ingredients such as ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, apple cider vinegar (or red wine vinegar), and a few other simple ingredients, then check out this recipe for The Southern Lady Cooks’ Make Your Own BBQ Sauce Recipe from the Southern Lady Cooks website.
Searing the Beef Adds Flavor
Searing the meat requires only a small amount of work, but the consequences are significant, with your beef roast gaining in taste as a result. Searing the steak before roasting it offers the greatest results for a succulent roast beef. Begin by heating a cast iron pan over medium high heat with a couple of tablespoons of cooking oil (such as peanut or vegetable oil that can withstand high heat) until hot. Once the pan is hot, gently move the chuck roast to the skillet with tongs and allow it to sear for a few minutes on each side until it is well browned.
Crock Pot Beef Roast with Barbecue
Meanwhile, warm your slow cooker on the highest setting while the roast is searing. In the bottom of the slow cooker, combine the beef stock, a little amount of barbecue sauce, and the chopped onion. Set aside. As soon as the meat has been seared, transfer it gently to the Crock Pot. Make a well in the center of the slow cooker and place the steak on top of it. It has been brought to your attention that you do not want a lot of liquid to totally cover the roast.
Shredded Beef Sandwiches
After that, cover the slow cooker and decrease the cook setting to low. Continue to simmer on the low heat setting for several hours, or until the chuck roast is soft and readily shreds by hand. Cooking time may vary depending on the size of the roast. Use tongs or a couple of forks to shred meat and remove any large bits of fat if there are any that would be difficult to chew. Then, add the leftover barbecue sauce to the shredded beef mixture and whisk everything together until everything is well combined.
Slow Cooker Sandwiches
The buns must be toasted before the slow cooker BBQ beef sandwiches can be put together. After heating up my griddle to high heat, I added a piece of butter and melted it, then set the buns on the griddle and toasted them until the centers were golden brown, about 5 minutes total. Aside from being delicious, the toasted bread has a beautiful aroma. After that, using tongs or a slotted spoon, drain out any extra liquid from the shredded meat mixture before transferring it to the toasted buns. These barbecue sandwiches, which are cooked using beef, are the perfect supper to eat after a long day at work and are sure to garner excellent reviews from your friends and family.
Note from the chef: Assemble the sandwiches the day before you intend to have them.
Easy Crock Pot BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Preparation time: 10 minutes Preparation time: 8 hours Time allotted: 10 minutes
- 2 pound boneless chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil for searing (or high heat cooking oil)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper I used Jack Daniel’s original Barbecue Sauce in this recipe. 1 cup Barbecue Sauce, divided
- 14 teaspoon cracked black pepper or to taste
- 12 cup beef stock (or broth)
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper, or to taste
- Start by preheating your slow cooker on the high cook setting with the lid cover on. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until it is very hot, about 5 minutes. After that, add the vegetable oil to the skillet and add the beef roast to the skillet, searing the meat for 3 to 4 minutes per side. NOTE: Allow the meat to naturally release from the bottom of the skillet before continuing with the recipe. When it has done scorching, it will be quite easy to remove. By mixing them together, combine 12 cup of the barbecue sauce with the beef stock, and then pour the mixture into the bottom of the slow cooker along with the sliced onion
- Cover and lower the heat setting on the Crock Pot to low after placing the seared chuck roast in the pot. a slow cooker set to low for 8 hours or until the meat is cooked and readily shreds
- With tongs or two forks, shred the meat, making sure to eliminate any big fat chunks that may have formed during the cooking process. Stir in the remaining barbecue sauce until everything is well-combined. Using your favorite toppings and sides (read the complete post for ideas), serve the BBQ shredded beef mixture on toasted buns.
4 ounces of Barbecued Beef The following is the amount of food per serving: Calories:350 19 g of total fat 7 g of saturated fat 1 gram of trans fat 10 g of unsaturated fat Cholesterol:94mg Sodium:696mg Carbohydrates:16g Fiber:1g Sugar:13g Protein:29g
Check out the Latest Recipes
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit! I am really grateful that you did. I hope you will give this recipe a try soon since it is my absolute favorite way to make crockpot barbecue beef sandwiches that is quick and easy to prepare. While you’re here, don’t forget to sign up for my email newsletter. Subscribers will receive a weekly email from me, which will include the most recent recipes and blog news, ensuring that you never miss a thing.
Hello, everyone! Hi, my name is Julia and I’m the chef and writer that brings you the recipes on Julia’s Simply Southern. I started my website so that I could provide easy-to-follow recipes that anybody could use to put a delicious home-cooked supper on the table for their family and friends. Thank you for taking the time to visit! Follow me on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.
What to Serve with Pulled Pork Sandwiches (17 Tempting Sides)
Everything about juicy and delicious pulled pork smothered in barbecue sauce and served on soft, freshly toasted buns is perfection. Sandwiches made with pulled pork are incredibly amazing, and they taste even better when shared with family and friends! Would you like to save this recipe? If you provide your your address here, we’ll send you the recipe right to your inbox! Now, the pork will take some time to prepare, but it will be well worth the wait! And because it’s so delectable, you’ll want to serve it with side dishes that are worthy of the juicy, savory qualities of the meat.
You’re in for a treat, believe me!
Everything about supple and delicious pulled pork smothered in barbecue sauce and served on soft, freshly toasted buns is simply divine. Packed with flavor and even better when shared with family and friends, pulled pork sandwiches are a must-try. Trying to remember where you put that recipe? If you provide your email address here, we’ll give you the recipe right away! Although it takes some time to prepare, the pork is well worth the effort. And, because it’s so delectable, you’ll want to serve it with side dishes that are worthy of the juicy, savory tastes of the meat and vegetables.
Prepare to be pleasantly surprised!
Macaroni and cheese is a favorite of all ages! Serve this ooey-gooey dish alongside your pulled pork sandwich for a truly decadent supper. When it comes to mac and cheese, you want it to pair nicely with the juicy, succulent pork and the soft bread. To give the mac and cheese more texture, sprinkle on a generous amount of breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. You’re going to adore it!
Make corn pudding to go along with your cornbread for a delicious treat!
If you use additional components such as milk and sour cream, the result will be more creamier and tangier. To serve with pulled pork, I like to add cheese, sage, rosemary, or even some shredded apples, which give the creamy corn pudding a little additional zing and flavor.
When it comes to coleslaw, you can’t go wrong. Serve a generous serving of barbecue sauce with your pulled pork sandwich, either on the side or inside the sandwich! Having the extra crunch and freshness is quite gratifying. Reduce the amount of mayonnaise you use in your coleslaw to keep it simple and more on the acidic side.
The combination of macaroni salad with smoky meat, particularly pulled pork, is one of my favorite dishes. My ideal macaroni salad is a delicious combination of sweet and acidic flavors. Make the mayonnaise using whole eggs to make it rich and creamy. The pickle relish and a variety of additional vegetables, such as carrots, peas, celery, onions, and red peppers, help to balance things out. Would you like to save this recipe? If you provide your your address here, we’ll send you the recipe right to your inbox!
The combination of macaroni salad with smoky meat, particularly pulled pork, is one of my favorite meals. Macaroni salad with a fantastic mix of sweet and acidic flavors is my ideal dish. To keep it rich and creamy, use whole egg mayonnaise. Pickle relish plus a variety of additional ingredients, such as carrots, peas, celery, onions, and red peppers, help to balance things out. Trying to remember where you put that recipe? If you provide your email address here, we’ll give you the recipe right away!
Although I believe we can all agree that pulled pork sandwiches are quite delectable, they can also be rather filling. Make your supper a little lighter by serving it with a cucumber salad. This is a simple and quick side dish. All you have to do is combine your thinly sliced cucumbers in a large mixing bowl with the vinegar, the onions, the salt, and the pepper, and set it aside for 10 minutes before serving.
Baked beans are another popular side dish at barbecues, and they’ll go great with your pulled pork sandwich. Old-fashioned beans are the way to go when it comes to cooking them. Ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, and brown sugar are the ingredients I use to make my sauce. You will find it to be a really filling dish!
Grilled corn on the cob is a crowd-pleasing dish, especially when served alongside pulled pork sandwich sandwiches. Add your favorite seasonings to the grilled corn to make it more personal. Butter is an absolute requirement! You can also include herbs such as parsley or cilantro, as well as chili flakes or feta cheese, if you want to get fancy. Delicious!
The classic combination of a sandwich and chips is impossible to go wrong with. Serve your pulled pork sandwich with Kettle chips for a unique twist! Non-stop time savings aside, crunchy Kettle chips are the ideal companion to a hearty and flavorful sandwich. (See recipe below.) My favorite flavors are the sea salt and salt and pepper varieties.
With a sandwich and some chips on the side, you can’t go wrong!
Using Kettle chips to accompany your pulled pork sandwich is a great idea. Not only will this save you a great deal of time, but crunchy Kettle chips are also the ideal compliment to a hearty and flavorful sandwich. Among my favorite flavors are the ones with sea salt and salt and pepper.
12.Okra and Tomatoes
Take a look at this traditional southern combination that’s rarely discussed. okra and tomatoes! Combining these two ingredients will transform pulled pork sandwiches into a substantial and satisfying supper. Only sliced tomatoes and okra, together with garlic, onions, chili powder, and cayenne pepper, are required for this dish. Contrary to popular belief, stewed okra with tomatoes not only tastes good, but it’s also extremely nutritious and low in calories.
Deviled eggs are an absolute must-have when serving pulled pork sandwiches at a get-together. Beyond being a charming side dish, deviled eggs are a delicious side dish that can be customized to fit your own preference. Deviled eggs are a classic southern dish made with mayonnaise, mustard, and pickled relish. Keep in mind to garnish with pickles, paprika, and pimento!
Hush puppies are a delicious finger dish that may be served alongside pulled pork sandwiches. The flavor of these delightful small pieces will appeal to you whether served as an appetizer or a side dish. These deep-fried cornmeal balls are quite addicting, especially if you have a sweet tooth. When combined with your delicious pulled pork, they provide the ideal crunch. Make your hush puppies with buttermilk, and they’ll be a favorite with everyone!
Are you planning a summer cookout with your friends? Finish your dinner with a delicious batch of brownies! Every single time I make brownies, they are a huge hit with my family and friends. It’s impossible not to like these fudgy, chocolaty tiny squares! Brownies are a terrific way to round off a meal since they are moist on the inside and have a deliciously crackly top.
Despite the fact that you’ll be stuffed after devouring that pulled pork sandwich, spare some room for the delicious and creamy banana pudding. After a hearty lunch, a refreshing dessert is usually a nice choice, and this banana pudding will satisfy your sweet taste no matter what the occasion. Pour a little bourbon or rum into your pudding and coat it with a peanut butter glaze to take it to the next level!
My favorite southern dish, peach cobbler, is at the top of my list whenever I think about it! I never pass up the opportunity to create this delectable treat, which is especially true when peaches are available. An indulgent peach cobbler topped with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream never fails to satisfy.
What to Serve with Pulled Pork Sandwiches (17 Tempting Sides)
- Choose your favorite recipe from the list
- Organize all of the ingredients that will be needed
- Preparing a delectable cuisine in 30 minutes or less is possible.
Shredded Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 10 hours
There are 16 servings total. Sandwiches like this are delicious served with coleslaw on the side or right on top of the sandwiches. Any leftover meat may be frozen for a quick and easy supper later on in the week. Bunny Palmertree of Carrollton, Mississippi, provided this response. Recipe photo courtesy of Taste of Home for Shredded Barbecue Beef Sandwiches.
- 1-1/2-ounce can (10-1/2-ounces) undiluted condensed beef broth
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef eye round roast (3-1/2 pounds) sliced in half
- 1 teaspoon salt 16 split sandwich buns
- Dill pickle slices, if desired
- 16 sandwich buns
- In a small mixing basin, whisk together the first eight ingredients. Half of the mixture should be placed in a 5-quart slow cooker. Season the beef with salt before placing it in the slow cooker and covering it with the leftover broth mixture. Place meat in a slow cooker and simmer on low for 10-12 hours, or until it is tender. Return the meat to the slow cooker after shredding it with two forks. Place 1/2 cup of the beef mixture on each bun, using a slotted spoon to prevent spilling. If desired, garnish with pickles.
1 each: 370 calories, 8 grams of fat (2 grams of saturated fat), 46 milligrams of cholesterol, 963 milligrams of sodium, 47 grams of carbohydrates (16 grams of sugars, 1 gram of fiber), 28 grams of protein
Smoked BBQ Beef Sandwich Recipe
If there is anything better than aSmoked BBQ Beef Sandwich, I’d be hard-pressed to think of something else to recommend. A simple beef roast can be transformed into soft, slow-smoked beef that is cooked for hours until it is fall-apart tender, all served on a brioche bun with a tart, vinegar-based bbq sauce on top, as demonstrated in this tutorial.
Smoked BBQ Beef Sandwich Recipe
Packed with flavor and perfect for serving a crowd, pulled meats are one of the greatest ways to demonstrate your barbeque expertise. For starters, pulled meats are extremely convenient to travel and prepare ahead of time. When hosting a barbeque at your home, it is never enjoyable to have to stand over a burner or grill while your guests are mingling and having a good time. Even better, you may prepare it the day before and reheat it the day of the event. Another advantage of pulled meats is that they are quite inexpensive to prepare.
Look for deals and buy enough of these cuts because they tend to freeze very nicely as well.
This is only a high-level summary of the ingredients you’ll need to prepare this dinner. Make sure to refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post for particular amounts.
How to make Smoked BBQ Beef on the pellet grill
Listed below is a step-by-step breakdown of what we did to create the dish featured. Always follow the whole recipe card at the bottom of this page when you are preparing your meal. 1 Prepare your grill by preheating it, seasoning your meat, and smoking it. Rub the rubs, salt, and pepper, as well as the other ingredients, into the meat roast. Cook it for 3-4 hours at 200° for the best flavor. 2 Make it a point to braise it. Place the broth and hard cider in a foil pan or Dutch oven and bake for 30 minutes.
3ShredShred your meat and remove any unappealing pieces before cooking.
Combine a little amount of barbecue sauce with a small amount of the braising liquid.
Serve with coleslaw and a squirt of additional barbeque sauce on top.
What to serve with pellet grill smoked bbq beef
Personally, I enjoy all of the standard barbecue sides served with shredded beef sandos. Things like creamy coleslaw, smoked baked beans, potato salad, macaroni and cheese, pasta salad, and fresh green salads are some of the favorites. Follow me on Instagram for regular updates!
Is it absolutely necessary to use a pellet grill for this? Nope! Any type of smoker would suffice. Simply follow the temperature instructions and make the necessary adjustments. If you’re in a hurry, you can even bake it in the oven. Simply omit the smoking step and brown the roast in a pan before moving on to the braise stage of the recipe. Although it may lack the unique smokey taste, it will still be wonderful! What kinds of roasts are the most suitable for shredded beef preparation? Chuck roasts are my preferred cut of beef for shredded beef and pot roasts.
If you don’t have a chuck roast on hand, you may use any beef roast as long as you braise it for a long enough period of time and with enough liquid.
Round roasts and tri-tips will both be shredded if the conditions are correct. I’m curious what sort of buns you use for your barbecue beef. We purchased these buns from Macrina Bakery, a local Seattle-based bakery that is presently my absolute favorite thing in the whole world.
More recipes to love!
Preparation time: 20 minutes Preparation time: 6 hours Time allotted: 6 hours 20 minutes
- The following ingredients: a 4-pound beef roast (chuck roast works particularly well for this, although other cuts such as tri-tip or rump roast would suffice in a hurry)
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons OWYD Everything Rub (or your favorite all-purpose rub)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon oil 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 cup hard apple cider
- 1 cup beef broth
- Brioche buns
- Vinegar-based coleslaw
- Extra barbecue sauce
- 12 brioche buns
- Preheat your pellet grill to 200 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and spread them all over your meat roast
- For 3-4 hours, smoke at a temperature of roughly 200°. Place the roast in a foil pan or a Dutch oven to keep it warm. Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and pour in the hard apple cider and beef broth. Preheat the pellet grill or the oven to 300° – 325°F and cook the roast until it reaches 204°F and is fork-tender and shreddable, around 30 minutes. Remove the extra fat from the roast and shred it while saving the juices. Remove any extra fat from the roast and any pieces of the roast that are not tender shredded beef
- Add in more barbecue sauce, as well as part of the conserved juices
- Combine thoroughly. Make your buns toasty and stuff them with meat. Serve with coleslaw on the side.
1Serving Size (in grams): Calories:766 Fat in total: 43 g 20 g of saturated fat 0 g of Trans Fat Fat (unsaturated): 19g Cholesterol:296mg Sodium:877mg Carbohydrates:38g Fiber:1g Sugar:10g Protein:53g The nutritional information presented here is merely a rough approximation.
Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
Published by: and modified by: It is possible that this content contains affiliate links. Because I am an Amazon Associate, I receive money when people make eligible purchases. Please see mydisclosure page for further details. Sandwiches made in the slow cooker with barbecue sauce are ideal for this month’s Virgo picnic lunch. I served beef for last year’s Cooking with Astrology “Virgo” lunch, and I opted to utilize the same protein for this year’s meal as well because these sandwiches were a must-have for the occasion.
Our complete meal includes:
- Bacon Potato Salad, Texas Sheet Cake, and Blackberry Passion Tea Lemonade are some of the dishes on the menu.
The Sweet Potato Chips, on the other hand, would taste delectable with them.
How to make Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef Sandwiches:
Begin by combining the Spice Rub ingredients. Then, using a pastry brush, coat all sides of the beef roast with the rub. It’s important to note that this spice rub has a kick to it! Despite the fact that it is not extremely hot, it may not be suitable for young children. Use less chili powder if you want less heat, or less rub if you want less flavor. Place the roast in a slow cooker and simmer on low for 8 hours. Put the cover on and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours, depending on your preference.
- No, I did not add any liquid to the roast before it went into the oven!
- Remove the shredded meat from the slow cooker and discard the remaining liquid.
- Slice your Homemade Hamburger Buns in half and toast them in a cast iron skillet until they are golden brown.
- then serve with more barbecue sauce on the side to complete the meal.
- It also assisted in preventing all of the barbeque sauce from dripping down my arms!
- A blanket to sit on, a couple of cushions to rest against, and some large plates or a tray to protect your food from falling over are also required!
- Alternatively, they may soak their imagined date!
- 2poundbeef chuck roast trimmed
- 1cupbarbecue sauce*
- 12 hamburger buns
- 12 tablespoonschili powder
- 12 tablespoonsgarlic powder
- 12 tablespoonsonion powder
- 12 tablespoonsbrown sugar
- In a small dish, combine the ingredients for the spice rub and put them aside. Using a spice rub, coat the whole surface of the beef chuck roast
- Place the roast in a slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours on a low setting. Return the meat to the slow cooker after shredding it with two forks. In a separate bowl, combine the barbecue sauce and simmer for another 30 to 60 minutes. Rehearse leftover barbecue meat in the refrigerator for up to 7 days before serving.
calorie count 369kcal|carbohydrate count 32g|protein count 26g|fat count 14g|saturated fat 6g|cholesterol count 78mg|sodium count 557mg|potassium count 496mg|fiber count 1g|sugar count 11g vitamin A 165IU vitamin C 0.7mg calcium 104mg iron 4.1 mg
Traditions on Sundays This dinner is made to perfection by my daughter Katie. We are all looking forward to these unusual sandwiches, which are a welcome variation from the usual roast beef sandwiches. You may prepare this recipe with a smaller roast, but you will need to use the entire amount of sauce and roast for a shorter period of time than stated above.
BBQ Beef Sandwiches
- 6-8hamburger buns buttered with butter (optional)
- 6-8Swiss cheese slices (optional)
- 1 tablespoonvegetable oil
- 13-pound boneless beef shoulder or chuck roast
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cupcider vinegar
- 1/2 cupchicken broth
- 1/4 cuppacked brown sugar
- 1tablespoonprepared mustard
- 1tablespoonWorcestershire sauce
- 1tablespoonchili powder
- 1/2 medium yellow onion minced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 11/2 teaspoonsd
- 275 degrees
- 2. Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or big saucepan over medium-high heat and brown the beef nicely, flipping it frequently, for about 15 minutes
- 3. Combine the barbecue sauce, vinegar, broth, sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, onion, garlic, and thyme in a large mixing bowl until well combined. Fill a large pot halfway with water and bring it to a boil. Render in the oven for 3 to 4 hours, firmly covered with a lid or aluminum foil. Take the meat out of the pan and shred it with a fork. Return the meat to the saucepan and cover with a lid to keep warm. 3. Brush the hamburger buns with butter, if preferred, and broil them until they are just beginning to brown on the edges. Placing one piece of Swiss cheese on the bottom bun, if using, and broiling it just until the cheese is melted
- 4. Filling the buns with the meat and serving them.
PREPARE IN ADVANCE Begin this meal at least 4 hours before you plan to serve it.
JB’s Slow Cooked BBQ Beef Sandwiches • The Heritage Cook ®
Sandwich with Barbecued Beef My birthday is in June, and I can recall several gatherings where my mother would prepare grilled beef sandwiches for us to chow down on. They were always a hit with my buddies and I, and we devoured every last bite. According to my mother, these are one of the greatest sandwiches to serve to a large group since they are enjoyed by both children and adults, they can be prepared ahead of time, and they don’t take a lot of care while they are cooking. Of course, “genuine” barbecued meat is smoked over hardwood for a full day before serving.
- Because most barbecue recipes call for Liquid Smoke, which is delicious but my husband is allergic to it; thus, I propose using Smoked Paprika or Chipotle Powder in place of Liquid Smoke (from dried, smoked jalapeno chiles).
- Chuck Roast is a kind of roast beef.
- When it is cooked in a short period of time, it becomes rough, stringy, and chewy.
- Making this dish in a Dutch oven on top of the stove works well, but you can also use your Slow Cooker with only a few adjustments.
- This process has a significant impact on the overall taste.
- Making your own barbecue sauce to marinate the meat in is by far the most flavorful method of cooking.
- For this sandwich, a less sweet sauce is preferable to me.
- Fresh bread rolls, ready to be loaded with deliciousness!
- If you switch up the seasonings, you may make it Asian, French, Greek, or Cuban-inspired by changing the seasonings.
- What seasonings would you recommend using?
Jane’s Tips and Hints:
A dry rub, applied to the meat before cooking, imparts a rich, complex taste to the meal while requiring little to no additional oil.
If you enjoy spicy meals, you may season the dish with hot chile powder or a hot sauce such as Sriracha. However, be cautious since the heat will rise while the dish sets, so start with a little amount and add more when you’re ready to serve.
Kitchen Skill: Shredding Cooked Meats
Cook meats in a liquid until they are incredibly soft. Remove the pan from the heat and place it in a shallow dish, such as a 9×13-inch baking pan. Remove and discard any big chunks of fat or gristle from the meat before separating it into large pieces. Separate the meat into strips by pulling it apart with two forks. As a precaution, any crispy portions should be chopped into bite-sized pieces if possible. Return the meat to the pan with the cooking liquid and heat through. Refrigerate in liquid form until ready to use.
15:20:15 UTC on July 24th, 2015.
- 1 tspancho chile powder
- 1 to 2 tbspsmoked paprikaor chipotle powder (if you want it spicy)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (two tablespoons for the rub and two tablespoons for browning the beef)
- 1 tspancho chile powder
- 1 tspancho 3 pound boneless chuck, sirloin, or top sirloin beef roast that has been washed and dried
- 2 big onions, cut
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup beef broth or water, 2 cups of ketchup, 1 tbsp dry mustard, 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp red wine vinegar, and 1 tbsp packed brown sugar.
- A small mixing bowl is ideal for mixing together the following ingredients: onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Smoked paprika
- And pepper. Stir until the ingredients are fully combined. Add 2 tbsp oil and blend until a paste is formed. Using a rub, coat the beef all over and put it aside while you sauté the onions and garlic. A big heavy Dutch oven should be heated over medium-high heat until just below the smoking point with 2 tablespoons oil. Add the onions and sauté for 3 minutes, or until they are tender. Cook for another minute after adding the garlic. Remove the onions and garlic from the pan with a slotted spoon and set them aside. Add the beef to the pan and brown it on both sides. Using tongs, carefully remove the beef from the pan and set it aside. Add the sauce ingredients to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes to mix the flavors. Replacing the meat in the pan and nestling it into the sauce Cooked onions and garlic are sprinkled on top. Bake for about 3 hours on low heat, or until the meat is extremely soft and comes apart. Cover with a tight fitting cover. During the cooking process, stir periodically. Pour in a little more water if the liquid becomes too thick
- Remove the meat from the saucepan and shred it with two forks. If the liquid is thin, cook it over medium heat, uncovered, until it thickens somewhat. Return the shredded beef to the saucepan and heat until well heated. Taste and season with salt and pepper to your liking. Make hamburger buns or Hoagie rolls out of toasted hamburger buns. To prepare food in a Slow Cooker, follow these steps: Cook the seasoned beef according to package directions in a slow cooker. On top of the onions, garlic, and sauce components, sprinkle with cheese. Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours, or until the meat is cooked, covered with a lid. Remove the meat from the pan and shred it. Remove the fat from the cooking liquid. Return the meat to the stove and simmer until done.
- The recipe makes 8 to 10 servings, or around 12 to 14 sandwiches.
The Heritage Cook ® is a trademark of The Heritage Cook, Inc. Please be courteous. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of proprietary materials is strictly forbidden unless prior consent has been granted. Please feel free to cite and link to this article as long as you give credit where credit is due and direct them to my website, www.theheritagecook.com. Thank you very much!
BBQ Beef Sandwiches
The BBQ Beef for these BBQ Beef Sandwiches is cooked in a slow cooker with our proprietary Oklahoma BBQ Sauce before being sandwiched together. No need for a grill! (Photo by Rick Souders) It is simple to produce a delectable barbeque without having to fire a single coal on the grill. BBQ Beef Sandwiches (recipe below) and BBQ Chicken (recipe below) are two dishes that provide a finger-lickin’ excellent barbeque but need the use of either a slow cooker or the oven to prepare. Each dish calls for our spicy ‘n sweetOklahoma BBQ Sauce, which is ideal not only for these chicken and beef meals, but also for pork and ribs.
), which is an added bonus.
The BBQ Beef for these BBQ Beef Sandwiches is cooked in a slow cooker with our proprietary Oklahoma BBQ Sauce before being sandwiched together. There is no need for a barbecue! 4 pound chuck or arm roast (optional) 2 quarts of water 4 cups of coffee Hamburger buns, ideally brioche, with Oklahoma BBQ Sauce on the side
- Place the roast in the bottom of a slow cooker and cover with 2 cups water. Cook on low for 8 hours. Put the pot in the oven and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 8 to 10 hours. Remove the meat from the cooker and set it aside, retaining approximately 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid. Return the meat to the slow cooker after shredding it with two forks. Combine 2 cups barbecue sauce and the saved liquid in a large mixing bowl. Cook on a low heat for 4 to 6 hours, covered. Make a tasting and add extra sauce if necessary. assemble on hamburger buns and serve with any leftover sauce on the side
Slow Cooker Pulled Beef + Instant Pot
It is possible that this content contains affiliate links. Please see my complete disclosure statement here. Cooking directions for slow cookerBBQ pulled beef, as well as instructions for making it in the Instant Pot or Pressure cooker! It was really delicate and delicious. Simple, but oh, so tasty! Make them into shredded beef sandwiches, which are ideal for feeding a large group of people! Served with my well-known southern coleslaw, this dish is a winner. The finest sensation of pleasure is when you’re pleased because you’ve contributed to the happiness of someone else.
Pulling beef in the slow cooker is one of those simple roast beef dishes that I can make any time of year on the stovetop, in the slow cooker, or in the instant pot, but I really enjoy making it during the hot months.
That is why, when the warm weather arrives, I look forward to using my slow cooker to create shredded beef.
Besides being possible to prepare slow cooker pulled beef in the slow cooker, instant pot pulled beef may also be made.
And I’ve included step-by-step directions for how to create it below! WHISK IT REAL GUD’S FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTER to be the first to hear when new recipes are posted! See more of mine and other bloggers’ delicious recipes on our Facebook groupHERE.
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER SHREDDED BEEF
There may be affiliate links in this article. For more information, please see my complete disclosure policy. Slow cookerBBQ pulled beef recipe with step-by-step directions on how to prepare it in the Instant Pot, often known as a pressure cooker, as well. Everything about this dish is so delicate and juicy! Although simple, this dish is quite tasty. Make them into shredded beef sandwiches, which are ideal for feeding a large group of people. Served with my well-known southern coleslaw, this dish is a must-have!
- No one knows what to make of this situation.
- It’s about to become warmer outside, and I don’t know about you, but I really don’t want to be spending hours in a hot kitchen making dinner.
- Meals prepared in a slow cooker are my go-to option on hectic weekdays or weekends when I know I’ll be out and about all day.
- It is also easy to create, and I have included directions below!
- In our Facebook groupHERE, you can get more delicious recipes from myself and other bloggers.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT PULLED BEEF
There are a plethora of quick pot beef recipes available on the internet, but the one thing that sets mine apart is that I season the roast beef just before placing it in the instant pot to cook. There’s also a substantial quantity of spice! For a substantial, tasty roast, a large amount of spices is necessary. Pulled beef cooked in a pressure cooker is also very simple to prepare. You’d proceed in the same manner as with the slow cooker. Season the roast meat with salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, combine the broth and meat and pour it in the instant pot.
- The sealing position is reached by turning the steam release knob.
- Set the timer to 60 minutes by pressing the + button.
- Set the steam release knob to the venting position.
- Add your favorite BBQ sauce or use my own version to finish it off.
- Sandwiches, sliders, hamburger buns, quesadillas, and tacos may all benefit from the addition of pulled beef.
- Even fantastic incasserolesorsalads may be found.
- I enjoy making shredded beef sliders because it allows me to indulge without feeling bad if I eat two, three, or even four of them LOL!
Picnics, barbecues, and cookouts are all possibilities.
However, if your child enjoys eating, like my adolescent does, it’s best to leave the lovely little slider buns alone and instead go ahead and take the hamburger buns instead.
Cooking times, on the other hand, may vary.
You should cook the meat for around 30 minutes per pound if you are using any of the cuts of meat I specified above.
Instant Pot- If you don’t have the luxury of time to cook the beef slowly, you may use the instant pot and cook it for 60-70 minutes on high pressure.
Corn on the cob, Macaroni Salad, Tortellini Pasta Salad, a light salad, or my personal favorite, homemade coleslaw or cornbread, all mix great with shredded beef and are inexpensive. In terms of beverages, try the following: Tequila Sunrise Mocktail, Red Wine Lemonade, Lemonade, or sweet iced tea.
Slow Cooker + Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Beef (aka Shredded Beef)
- Recipe for BBQ pulled beef in the slow cooker, with instructions on how to make it in the Instant Pot, also known as the pressure cooker. It was really delicate and delicious. Simple, but oh, so tasty! They’re great for making shredded beef sandwiches, which are great for feeding a large group. Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 8 hours Time allotted: 8 hours and 5 minutes ContinuumDinner, LunchCulinaryAmerican, Southern American
For the roast
- There are also directions for making it in the Instant Pot, sometimes known as a pressure cooker, in addition to the slow cooker. Everything about this dish is so delicate and juicy! Although simple, this dish is quite tasty. Make shredded beef sandwiches out of them, which are great for feeding a crowd. Minutes Required for Preparation Approximately 8 hours of cooking time 8 hours and 5 minutes in total. ContinuumDinner, LunchCulinaryAmerican, Southern American
For the Slow Cooker
- Season the roast with salt and pepper. Fill the slow cooker halfway with beef broth before adding the meat. Slow cook for 6-8 hours on low heat, turning the meat halfway through. Keep an eye on it because it is extremely delicate and will most likely come apart. Put it everything in a big mixing basin. Using a fork or an electric hand mixer, shred the roast into small pieces (for faster results). Mix in the barbecue sauce until everything is well-combined.
For the Instant Pot
- Season the steak with the spices before cooking it. Close the lid and press the “lock” button. The sealing position is reached by turning the steam release knob. Set the pressure cooker to high pressure by pressing the pressure cook button. The cooking cycle is completed when the instant pot beeps and the + buttons have been pressed for 60 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release once the cooking cycle is completed. Set the steam release knob to the venting position. With two forks or an electric mixer, shred the beef into a large mixing bowl after carefully removing it from the skillet. Last but not least, apply the barbecue sauce or homemade sauce.
Instant Pot Burn Notice –
There are a couple of reasons for this caution. Getting a burn notification means you most likely need to add extra broth or water (if desired) to the instant pot, which can be frustrating. Don’t be concerned if you receive a warning. I had received the warning, so I knew I needed to add additional drink. I originally attempted to get away with only 14 cup of, but this proved to be insufficient. The liquid measurement specified on the recipe card is the one you should begin with. No. 2: The knob was not turned all the way to the seal position.
- Check to see that the lid is securely closed.
- As you season the roast beef, use your fingers to massage the spice into the steak to ensure that it will “stick” to the steak when cooked.
- Don’t be scared to press down on the spices until they get firmly adhered.
- You may lose some of the spices if you don’t push down on the roasting pan.
- It is possible that the steak may need to be cooked for an extra 15 to 20 minutes.
- Put it in the refrigerator for up to a week to keep it fresh.
- Instant pot shredded beef, pulled beef, shredded beef, slow cooker, has been updated on 3/6/2019.
- Take a look at some of my most popular and favorite beef recipes: Recipe for the Best Meatloaf Salisbury steak is a kind of steak that originated in the United Kingdom.
Crock Pot BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Cooked to perfection in the crock pot, these BBQ beef sandwiches are bursting with flavor! Not only are they tasty, but they are also quite simple to prepare. Sweet Potato Fries, Roasted Vegetables, or a Baked Potato are all excellent accompaniments to these barbecue sandwiches.
Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef
My parents used to make a roast in the crock pot every Sunday when I was growing up. In fact, they were able to maintain parity until a few years ago, when my eldest kid was a little child. He even gave it the moniker “Church Meat” since we would eat it every Sunday after church, which was a nice touch. It is one of those dinners that is really simple to cook while yet being delicate and delicious! We all appreciate a simple supper meal that can be thrown together in a hurry after a long day at work.
For the meat-loving family, these slow-cooker BBQ beef sandwiches are the ideal lunch. Not only will these barbeque sandwiches taste excellent, but your house will also smell fantastic for the whole day while they’re being prepared!
How To Make BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Getting Things Ready– Begin by putting the thawed roast into the slow cooker. After that, you’ll brush the meat with the remaining sauce from the bottle. Afterwards, take the empty bottle of barbeque sauce and fill it half way with water. Make a thorough shake to release any residual sauce, then pour it over the roasting pan of vegetables. Finally, fill the crock pot halfway with water until the meat is nearly completely covered. Cook– I prefer to cook the beef on a low heat setting for around 6-8 hours.
Almost finished– 30 minutes before you want to dine, remove the meat from the oven and shred it with meat claws or a pair of forks.
As a result, part of the liquid will be burned off.
If you like, you may omit the buns and instead cook the meat with some sliced potatoes or vegetables in the crock pot.
The best piece of meat to use for these barbeque beef sandwiches is a chuck roast, which is one of my personal favorites. I believe that a fattier cut of beef is the best choice for this dish. Best BBQ Sauce– I like to make my own barbecue sauce, but if you don’t have the time, Sweet Baby Ray’s is my go-to sauce for barbecue. Frozen Meat– Don’t panic if you forgot to defrost your roast before putting it in the crock pot. It will still turn out delicious. In order to prepare a regular 3-pound chunk of beef, you’ll just need to add roughly 2 hours to the total cooking time.
More Easy Crock Pot Beef Recipes
- The best piece of meat for these barbecue beef sandwiches is a chuck roast, which is my personal favorite. For this dish, I believe a fatty cut of beef is the finest choice. Using a handmade barbeque sauce is preferable, but if you don’t have the time, Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce is my top choice. Frozen Meat– Don’t worry if you forgot to defrost your roast before putting it in the crock pot. It will still turn out deliciously! For a regular 3 pound chunk of beef, you’ll only need to add roughly 2 hours to the cooking time.
Crock Pot BBQ Beef Sandwich Recipe
Servings:16servings These Crock Pot BBQ beef sandwiches are tender and bursting with flavor, plus they’re easy to prepare! Not only are they tasty, but they are also quite simple to prepare. Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 5 hours Time allotted: 5 hours and 10 minutes
- 3 pound chuck roast
- 32 ounces BBQ sauce (one bottle for cooking and another for serving)
- 8 hamburger buns
- Put the thawed roast* in the crock pot and turn it on low for 8 hours. Add one bottle of BBQ sauce to the roast and spread it all over it. In a separate container, fill the empty BBQ sauce bottle with water, shake it up to remove the last of the sauce off the edges, and then pour the mixture over the top of the roast
- In a large mixing bowl, combine enough water to completely submerge the meat. Place the crock pot cover on and cook for 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low for a delicious meal. To serve, shred the beef with two forks and throw it back in the crock pot 30 minutes before serving. Allowing it to cook uncovered on high for the final 30 minutes will help to burn off some of the extra liquid. Serve in soft buns with more BBQ sauce on the side if desired.
If you have a frozen roast, you might cook it in the crock pot overnight to defrost it. 310 kcal per meal; 34 g carbohydrates; 19 g protein; 11 g fat; 5 g saturated fat; 59 mg cholesterol; 759 mg sodium; 441 mg potassium; 1 g fiber; 20 g sugar; 138 IU vitamin A; 1 mg vitamin C; 70 mg calcium; 3 mg iron; 138 IU vitamin C
The Main Course is the first course in the sequence. Cuisine:American Three elements are the focus of this article.
Busy moms, this one is for YOU!
Our weekly email gives you unique access to our most popular projects, recipes, free printables, and more! Sign up today! Subscribe