What is a good side dish to serve with chicken?
- Oven-Cooked Sides. If you’re serving oven-baked chicken with barbecue sauce, try serving an oven-baked side dish to accompany it. A classic baked potato would work, as would oven-roasted potatoes. A side dish of mixed roasted vegetables is another good choice — try sweet potatoes or winter squash, turnips, broccoli or cauliflower.
What goes well with chicken sandwich?
What to Serve With Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Green Salad. Since a chicken salad sandwich is rich and savory, you’ll want something light and refreshing to balance things out.
- Fruit Platter.
- Cheese Platter.
- Vegetable Platter.
- Dill Pickles.
- Macaroni Salad.
What condiments are good on a chicken sandwich?
To accommodate all taste profiles, here are five of the best condiments to pair with your chicken sandwich.
- Chipotle Mayonnaise. Chipotle mayonnaise offers the best of both worlds because it gives a bit of spice without being overbearing.
- Teriyaki Sauce.
- Honey Mustard.
What can be made from shredded chicken?
25 Easy Shredded Chicken Recipes
- Crockpot Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches.
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken.
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole.
- Skinny Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos.
- Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup.
- Chicken Pot Pie Crescent Ring.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip In A Crock Pot.
How do you keep shredded chicken moist?
Cover and Poach Once the chicken is flipped over, add 3/4 cup of chicken broth to the pan and cover with a lid. This will keep the chicken moist while cooking it fast. Cook the chicken for another 7-10 minutes. Chicken thighs will require a little more time than chicken breasts.
What are the most popular sandwich fillings?
Five of the most popular sandwich fillings for everyday occasions:
- Ham and cheese.
- Ham salad.
- Cheese and onion.
- Egg mayonnaise.
What vegetable goes well with chicken?
The most common combos with chicken
- Broccoli. One of chicken’s best friends, broccoli goes perfectly in stir-fries, gratins or pasta.
- Spinach. Spinach is versatile.
- Asparagus. Asparagus is a popular side dish for chicken.
- Sweet potato.
- Roasted chicken.
What’s on a Wendy’s grilled chicken sandwich?
Herb-marinated grilled chicken breast topped with garlic mayo, crisp lettuce, and tomato, served on a warm toasted bun. See if it isn’t the best chicken sandwich you’ve ever had.
What is the Popeyes sandwich called?
The success of Popeyes’ Chicken Sandwich effectively prompted the chicken sandwich wars among rival brands like Chick-fil-A and KFC. This May, KFC announced that it would be testing its own version of the chicken sandwich, a crispy chicken filet on a buttered brioche bun complete with mayo and pickles.
What are condiments give some examples?
Condiments can be either simple (e.g. celery salt, garlic salt, onion salt ) or compound (chilli sauce, chutney, meat sauce, mint sauce, prepared mustard, etc.). Pepper forms an ingredient in many compound condiments.
How long can you keep shredded chicken?
Shredded chicken is perfect to keep on hand in the refrigerator during the week to cut down on meal-prep time too. TO REFRIGERATE SHREDDED CHICKEN: Let the cooked chicken cool completely. Place in a shallow, airtight container and press a sheet of plastic against the top. Refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Where can I use shredded chicken?
The great thing about shredded chicken is that it’s so versatile. You can use it in just about anything, from chili, pizza, and barbecue to chicken pot pie, tacos, and enchiladas. It’s delicious, easy-to-work-with food that doesn’t always get the credit it deserves.
Can you freeze cooked shredded chicken?
Freezing Shredded Chicken Once your shredded chicken is completely cooled, you can put it in ziplock bags or airtight containers in 1 or 2 cup portions (depending on how much you think you’ll use at a time), and store in the freezer. If it’s stored properly, the chicken will maintain good quality for about 4 months.
What do you add to dry shredded chicken?
Moisten with a simple sauce If you’re feeling fancy, you can even make your own: try mixing some hot sauce and lemon juice to give the chicken a nice tangy kick. These works best if you shred the chicken and then add the sauce, but you can put the sauce on the side and dip it too.
Is it safe to eat cooked chicken after 7 days?
Whole cooked chicken or cut-up chicken parts should be eaten within 1 to 2 days. Patties or nuggets can last up to 4 days. You shouldn’t eat any leftovers that have been sitting around longer than 7 days. Chicken should be consumed even sooner — within 1 to 4 days, depending on the preparation.
How do you reheat shredded chicken and keep it moist?
Place chicken in an oven-safe dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake in the oven at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees and the chicken is thoroughly warmed. You can stir the chicken periodically during the heating process for even warmth.
Shredded Chicken Sandwich
Many people have grown up eating shredded chicken sandwiches, which is why this recipe for shredded chicken sandwiches is so popular. Chicken, creamy soup, and crumbled crackers or potato chips join together to form a delectable chicken and cracker or chip sandwich. If you are from Ohio, you may be familiar with shredded chicken sandwiches, which are served on a bun. It’s a traditional recipe that’s served at family gatherings, drive-ins, and, according to what I’ve heard, certain fast food establishments in the state.
There are enough sandwiches for 6-8 people, but you can easily double the recipe to feed a bigger group.
What you need
Chicken– You need need cooked and shredded chicken for this recipe. Alternatively, pre-cooked chicken, such as rotisserie chicken, can be used for the slow cooker. If you don’t like cream of chicken soup, you may substitute cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup, which are also delicious. Use your favorite potato chips; I prefer wavy potato chips, but feel free to use anything you choose. In fact, I enjoy adding sour cream and onion chips to my recipes for a little more taste. Some individuals like crushed crackers such as Saltines, Ritz, or Tollhouse, while others prefer whole crackers.
These components are added to the mixture to serve as a filler and to give it a bit more heft.
Chicken Broth– A little amount of chicken broth can be used to thin down the mixture.
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and poultry seasoning are among the seasonings used.
How to make shredded chicken sandwiches
- Combine:In a slow cooker, combine cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until well combined and creamy. Combine the cooked, shredded chicken and the crushed potato chips or crackers in a large mixing bowl. Cook: Cover and cook for 1 hour on high or 2-3 hours on low, depending on your preference. Serve on a hamburger bun or a sandwich roll while still hot. Pickles, or even a sprinkle of broken chips or crackers, can be added to the sandwich for extra flavor.
Cooking chicken in the slow cooker
You may use pre-cooked chicken, such as rotisserie chicken, or you can cook the chicken in the slow cooker before shredding it yourself. If you choose to utilize this approach, place the chicken in a slow cooker with 1 can of cream of chicken soup and cook on low for 8 hours. Cook the chicken for 3 hours on high heat before shredding it. Continue to prepare according to the recipe.
How to store
Any leftovers can be kept in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to 3 days after preparation. Cook for approximately 10 minutes in a pot on the stovetop.
- In order to add a bit extra taste, consider replacing the crackers with sour cream and onion potato chips. When possible, prepare the mixture the day before and then heat it in the slow cooker just before serving.
What to serve with chicken sandwiches
However, here are a few suggestions on what to serve with these delectable Ohio sandwiches in addition to their own:
- Potato chips
- Cut-up veggies such as carrots, celery, or cucumbers
- And other snacks Cabbage slaw, cucumber salad, corn salad, and pea salad are some of the options.
More easy chicken recipes
- A cheesy chicken spaghetti dish cooked in the slow cooker
- Crockpot chicken spaghetti Crockpot chicken fajitas– A delicious combination of chicken, peppers, onions, and spices that is excellent for fajitas. Chicken breast cooked in the air fryer – Seasoned chicken breast cooked wonderfully in the air fryer. Buffalo chicken wraps– Shredded buffalo chicken wrapped in lettuce with veggies, cheese, and ranch dressing
- Air fryer drumsticks– a simple and tasty way to prepare crispy chicken legs
Have you ever tried this classic chicken recipe? If not, you should. I’d love to hear your anecdotes about these sandwiches, as well as your favorite way to prepare them, in the comments section below.
Shredded Chicken Sandwich
These shredded chicken sandwiches are served on hamburger buns while still hot from the oven.
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 1 hourTotal time: 1 hour and 10 minutes The Main Course is the first course in the sequence. Cuisine:American Keyword:chicken 6 servings; 294 kcal per serving
- 4 chicken breasts, shredded after they’ve been cooked Take a look at the notes. 110 1 1/2 cups crushed potato chips or crackers
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered black pepper
- In a slow cooker, combine the cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook on low for 8 hours. Using a whisk, mix all of the ingredients. Combine the cooked, shredded chicken and potato chips in a large mixing bowl. Turn down to high and cook for 1 hour, or low and simmer for 2-3 hours. Burger buns should be used for this.
To make this dish, you may either use pre-cooked chicken or cook the chicken in the slow cooker before shredding it. If you choose to utilize this approach, place the chicken in a slow cooker with 1 can of cream of chicken soup and cook on low for 8 hours. Cook the chicken for 3 hours on high heat before shredding it. Continue to prepare according to the recipe. calorie count 294kcal|carbohydrate count 15g|protein count 27g|fat count 14g|saturated fat count 2g|cholesterol count 76 mg|sodium count 856 mg|potassium count 814 mg|fiber count 1g|sugar count 1g|vitamin A count 135IU|vitamin C count 7mg|calcium count 21mg|iron count 1mg
Crockpot Hot Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe
A recipe for shredded chicken sandwiches that is cooked in the crockpot with stovetop filling and Ritz crackers is presented here for your consideration. This traditional Ohio shredded chicken sandwich recipe serves a large group of people! What about crockpot hot shredded chicken sandwiches? Is it a phenomenon in the North? That’s something I’m not really sure of. What I do know is that they were a favorite of mine growing up. Potluck dinners are frequently given at these events. During the summer, you’ll be able to find them at most concession stalls or ice cream vendors.
Have you ever used any of these products?
I wanted to share the recipe my mother used with you since I believe it would help you.
And in four hours, a large group of people will be served dinner!
Shredded Chicken Sandwiches Ingredients
- The following ingredients: (1) 50 oz can of boneless chicken breast, drained
- (2) 12 oz cans of white chicken breast, drained
- (1) can of cream of chicken soup
- Ritz crackers (crushed)
- 2 Ritz cracker sleeves 1 heaping teaspoon of chicken bouillon dissolved in 14 cup of water (This Bouillonis the BEST! )
- 14 cup of Stovetop stuffing, dry mix (This Stovetop stuffingis the BEST! (There is no need to pack the stuffing to the brim.)
Whenever I’m buying a large can of boneless chicken, I opt for the “boned chicken” variety. It’s less expensive than all white meat, which is rare. Despite the fact that this is shredded, the can appears to be a little disorganized at first glance. If you prefer only white meat, go ahead and eat it. It will just be a little more expensive. Make cleanup a breeze by lining a crockpot with a slow cooker liner. Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. (Make certain that the chicken cans have been thoroughly drained!) Shake it up a little bit.
They will disintegrate as the sauce cooks down.
(You can also leave it running on low all day.) Once this is completed, it is ready to be served on buns.
If you like your shredded chicken a little runny, like I do, this recipe is for you.
This recipe is ideal for a potluck gathering. This is the crockpot I use to keep spills to a minimum. You’ll have delicious leftover shredded chicken sandwich filling the next day, too! That is, if you still have any left over from your previous meal. Enjoy! Print
Recipe for shredded chicken sandwiches cooked in the crockpot with stovetop filling and Ritz crackers is available here. This shredded chicken sandwich recipe serves a large number of people!
- Can of boneless skinless chicken breast, drained
- (2) 12-ounce cans of white chicken breast, drained
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup (optional). 2 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 2 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 heaping teaspoon of chicken bouillon paste dissolved in 14 cup of hot water
- 14 cup Stove Top stuffing dry mix
- 1 heaping teaspoon of chicken bouillon paste dissolved in 14 cup of boiling water
- Slow cooker liners should be used to line your crockpot. Stir in all of the ingredients until they are completely combined. Cook for one hour on high heat. Continue to cook on low heat for at least 3 more hours if possible. Serve immediately on buns.
To make this dish, you will need a stovetop that is completely ready to use. It is not necessary to prepare it on the stovetop before adding it to the shredded chicken dish. Instead, measure out 1 1/4 cup of the dry stuffing mix and set it aside. This recipe makes roughly 25 sandwiches, with each sandwich containing little more than 3 ounces of chicken. The quantity of sandwiches produced by this recipe will vary depending on whether the buns are larger or smaller. Lynnette is the home cook, recipe tester, and photographer for Cleverly Simple, which she founded in 2010 and continues to operate today.
Lynette’s recipes and projects have appeared in a variety of publications, including Country Living, Good Housekeeping, House Beautiful, and more.
Recipes»Dinner»Nostalgic Ohio Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe – A Taste of the Past This classic recipe for Ohio Shredded Chicken Sandwiches is a timeless favorite. The crockpot makes it simple to prepare meals for big groups of people and for weekday dinners. The recipe for Sloppy Shredded Chicken Sandwiches has been in my family for years (it’s normally cooked during the large family summer vacation trip). It is not a chicken sloppy joe dish; rather, it is a recipe for shredded chicken sandwiches that do not use a tomato or barbecue sauce basis.
meaning that if you are not from Ohio, you are unlikely to have heard of this meal (let alone eaten it).
The Infamous Ohio Chicken Sandwich
This is such a simple dish that provides complete comfort. I can see why it has become a regional classic because it requires only a few ingredients and is simple to prepare in the slow cooker. According to one article I read, it is frequently provided in prison and should remain there. LOL! Another person emphasized the history of church potlucks and how easy it is to feed a large group of people. This hot chicken sandwich recipe has been featured in a variety of places over the years, from the concession stand to the Dairy Queen menu (see all of the comments below and add your own!) I have enjoyed hearing where you have discovered it.
- Below you will find my adaptation of this Buckeye State staple dish (along with a few tweaks to give it a little extra “oomph.” My sister has always used breadcrumbs in place of saltine crackers, which is what the conventional recipe calls for.
- The croutons, in my opinion, provide a lovely texture and taste to the dish.
- I’m thinking of using potato chips as a filler in the future.
- UPDATE: I used to shred my chicken by hand.
Thanks for your help! (See the video here for a Game Changer!) (Did you prepare the Shredded Chicken Sandwiches from the recipe I shared with you? Refresh the page and give it a rating. To rate, tap the stars on the left-hand side of the screen or leave a rating in the comments area below. THANKS!)
Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe
This classic recipe for Ohio Shredded Chicken Sandwiches is a timeless favorite. The crockpot makes it simple to prepare meals for big groups of people and for weekday dinners. Preparation time: 5 minutes Preparation time: 3 hours Time allotted: 3 hours 5minutes Lunch and the Main Course are included in the price. Cuisine:American Recipe for Shredded Chicken Sandwich (Keywords: chicken, sandwich, Shredded Chicken Sandwich) Servings:6
- A recipe for 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts and 1 can cream of chicken soup. If you want to use canned chicken broth instead, just add a bit extra breadcrumbs. breadcrumbs (seasoned breadcrumbs, saltine crackers, croutons, or a combination of the three)
- Seasoning salt and garlic powder to taste
- Cook chicken breasts in a slow cooker with chicken broth for a couple hours on low heat
- After that, you may add your favorite filler, such as breadcrumbs, crackers, croutons, or chips, as well as spice. Continue to cook for another couple of hours. Remove the chicken from the saucepan and shred it. Return the mixture to the crockpot and simmer for another hour. Optional cheese should be served on buns.
PIN IT FOR LATER
Do you happen to have any leftovers from this traditional meal? What about incorporating them into another comfort-food meal instead? Take a look at how I used my Shredded Chicken Noodle Soup recipe to make one dinner last for two people!
See more greatRecipes on Mission to Save!
Come and pin with me as well! Follow the Frugal Recipes board on Pinterest, which is maintained by Mary (Mission to Save). Photos were first released in February 2016 and were updated in 2020.
Cholee is a stay-at-home parent who likes preparing dishes from scratch that are both family- and budget-friendly. Sandwich with Barbecued Chicken Do you require something quick and simple that can be prepared while you are away? Make these shredded chicken sandwiches with a homemade barbeque sauce and you’ll be hooked. These delicious sandwiches are simple to prepare and go nicely with any type of potato side dish or salad. With its versatility, this sandwich is appropriate for every season and may be prepared in big quantities to be served at potlucks, backyard barbeques, and large luncheons.
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1 tablespoon oil, 2/3 cup vinegar, 1/2 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon mustard
- 4 chicken breasts
- Sprinkle seasoning salt and paprika over the chicken breasts and bake for 30 minutes. Cook for approximately 8 minutes on a hot pan or grill. In a slow cooker, combine the oil, vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard
- Simmer on low for 8 hours. Cook the chicken until it is completely cooked through. I cook the chicken on low heat for the entire day, simply to allow the sauce to seep into the meat. When I arrive home, I turn off the television and begin preparing the potatoes or other side dish. Assemble your sandwiches by layering them with the delicious BBQ chicken. Please see my bread recommendations below.
Read More From Delishably
The greatest approach to enhance the flavor of a sandwich is to prepare a delectable side dish to accompany it. This list contains my personal favorites for serving alongside this sweet and smoky barbecue chicken sandwich.
- Coleslaw: With a creamy, crunchy, and tangy flavor profile, cole slaw is the ideal side dish for a barbecue sandwich. Slaw with broccoli, apple, and radish: This acidic slaw gives the ideal crunch to the chicken sandwich while also cutting through the fatty, sweet tastes of the chicken. Salad de fruits: This sandwich’s richness is toned down by the addition of juicy sweet fruits, which also serve as a healthful and refreshing side dish. Salad de pommes de terre: The creamy richness of the potato salad is a perfect accompaniment to this sandwich. When you add bacon, the smokey taste helps to bind the whole dish together. Salads de noodle froides: This barbecue chicken sandwich is perfect for those hot summer days because cold noodle salads offer creamy tangy tastes that blend well with the flavors of the barbecue chicken. Baked beans are a type of legume that is baked in a tin. It’s no longer only a condiment for hot dogs and hamburgers. As a result of the numerous flavor profiles that may be created with baked beans, they are the most popular summer side dish for any barbecue-flavored sandwich. The classic dish of macaroni and cheese. This barbecue chicken sandwich recipe includes mac and cheese, a childhood favorite for many, which serves as a complementary side dish on any hot summer day. Crispy potato wedges: When it comes to french fries, you can’t go wrong. Seasoned crispy wedges are no exception, and they are a household favorite in my household. BBQ corn: What is a barbeque without a side dish of grilled corn? Despite the fact that this bbq chicken sandwich is not “authentic” barbecue fare, it goes well with grilled corn that has been coated in butter, sprinkled with salt, and topped with parmesan or crumbled feta cheese
- And The absence of deviled eggs would make it impossible to have a BBQ. Deviled eggs are a great option if you’re searching for something quick and easy that will also fulfill your hunger. These small bite-sized side dishes are the ideal vehicle for incorporating and experimenting with different tastes. The variety of taste profiles available for these delectable meals is virtually infinite
What Kind of Bread?
We’ve got our meat, we’ve got all of our delicious sides, but let’s not forget about the buns. Although hamburger buns are probably everyone’s first pick, I prefer to branch out and try new things. This is especially true when it comes to preparing and serving my meals. I particularly dislike generic hamburger buns because they tend to fall apart and become mushy when they are exposed to excessive amounts of meat or sauce. As a substitute, I’ve developed a checklist of alternate alternatives that will hold their own against such a sloppy sandwich.
- This sandwich is best served on ciabatta buns, which are my personal favorite. Small amounts of butter applied before searing or grilling results in a soft outer top layer with a crispy bottom that can sustain the amount of saucy meat heaped on top
- Split Kaiser and French rolls: These are also excellent buns for mopping up all of that yummy sauce
- Split Kaiser and French rolls: In terms of texture, potato rolls are similar to conventional hamburger buns, although they are a little better at keeping together and not disintegrating when the barbeque chicken is added. Hawaiian buns: These buns have just the proper amount of sweetness, which makes them the perfect accompaniment to these sandwiches. In order to make the greatest slider buns for barbecue chicken sliders,
This sandwich is made best using ciabatta bread, which are my personal favorite. Seared or grilled with a little butter, the result is a soft outer top layer with a crispy bottom that can survive the juicy meat heaped high on top. Aside from being amazing buns to scoop up all of that yummy sauce, split Kaiser and French rolls are also excellent options. Potato rolls: These rolls are on the softer side and resemble standard hamburger buns in appearance, but they are a bit better at sticking together and not melting away to nothing when the barbeque chicken is added.
Making these the greatest buns for barbecue chicken sliders is a simple process.
Hot Shredded Chicken Sandwiches
I made many changes to this recipe: I half it, using canned chicken instead of fresh, used one can of cream of chicken soup instead of mushroom soup, diluted it with around 1 1/2 cups of milk, substituted seasoning salt and some garlic for the poultry spice, and served it over toasted bread. If you’ve made it this far, congratulations! It was excellent!:) My children insisted on having seconds.
Most helpful critical review
Despite my best efforts, this dish did not impress my family at all. It was a little too mushy. I would increase the amount of chicken and decrease the amount of crackers. The flavor was also a little dull. Read More146 Customer Reviews
- 5star values are 55, 4star values are 54, 3star values are 19, 2star values are 12 and 1star values are 6.
I made many changes to this recipe: I half it, using canned chicken instead of fresh, used one can of cream of chicken soup instead of mushroom soup, diluted it with around 1 1/2 cups of milk, substituted seasoning salt and some garlic for the poultry spice, and served it over toasted bread. If you’ve made it this far, congratulations! It was excellent!:) My children insisted on having seconds. Read MoreThis meal is a hit with my family. Instead of mushrooms, I use skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cream of chicken soup, and cream of celery soup instead.
- I’m creating it for my son’s graduation, which is coming up next week.
- The precise components were not on hand, so I substituted a 3-pound can of cooked chicken, two cream-of-chicken soup cans, a tablespoon of Mrs.
- It was really quick and simple, and everyone enjoyed it!
- Continue readingAdvertisement This is a uniquely Ohio phenomenon.
- They are not available across the state of Ohio.
- Garlic and onion powder, as well as salt and pepper, are included.
- Some locations made theirs creamy (with more soup and fewer crackers), while others made theirs less creamy (with less broth and fewer crackers).
- For the benefit of those who are “anti-mushy,” shredded chicken sandwiches are *supposed* to be mushy.
- It was a little too mushy.
- The flavor was also a little dull.
- If the mixture becomes too mushy, add additional cracker or bread crumbs.
I made these, and while they were tasty, they were a little bland.
- The following time I cooked it, I made a few changes.
- My crock pot was filled with chicken stock, garlic powder, and onion powder while I slowly cooked three skinless chicken breasts all day.
- One can cream of chicken soup and one can cream of mushroom soup were added to the shredded chicken.
- Put some stuffing mix in a baggy and smashed it with a rolling pin to make it more compact.
- All of the ingredients were combined, then chicken stock was added to make it moist.
This is a fantastic REGIONAL dish from the Ohio area that everyone should try.
I was looking for the typical Ohio Shredded Chicken sandwich when I stumbled across this website.
As a result, thank you very much for the wonderful recipe.
It’s supposed to be a messy shredded chicken and gravy sandwich, which is exactly what it is.
Shredded Chicken Sandwiches
Posted in:Main Entrees,Sandwiches,Sliders— by— Posted in:Sandwiches,Sliders— by— These buttermilk shredded chicken sandwiches are lightly seasoned and grilled to a beautiful medium rare internal temperature. Serve them on toasted buns with mayonnaise, cheese, lettuce, and tomato for the ideal lunch experience. It’s the perfect accompaniment to creamy sriracha coleslaw and sweet potato fries. Sandwiches made with shredded chicken.” data-image-caption=”” data-medium-file=” data-large-file=” src=”data:image/svg+xml, percent 3Csvg, percent 20 src=”data:image/svg+xml, a shredded chicken sandwich served on a wooden board against a green background Size of the image: 1200 pixels wide by 1800 pixels high data-lazy-srcset=”1200w,200w,683w,768w,1024w” data-lazy-srcset=”1200w,200w,683w,768w,1024w” The data-lazy-sizes attribute is set to (max-width: 1200px) 100vw, 1200px.
data-jpibfi-post-excerpt=”” data-jpibfi-post-url=”” data-jpibfi-post-title=”Shredded Chicken Sandwiches” data-jpibfi-post-excerpt=”” data-jpibfi-post-excerpt=”” data-jpibfi-post-excerpt=”” data-jpibfi-post data-jpibfi-src=” data-lazy-src=” data-lazy-src=” The fact that these shredded chicken sandwiches are so tasty is the nicest thing about them.
Ingredient’s You’ll Need:
- The following ingredients are used: boneless chicken tenderloins, barbecue sauce, buttermilk, garlic powder, fresh garlic, onion powder, cayenne pepper, Dried Parsley, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper, sandwich buns, tomato, lettuce, Cheddar cheese, mayo, and the following ingredients are used: tomato, lettuce, cheddar cheese, mayo, and the following ingredients are used:
What Makes These So Delicious?
- It may be prepared in less than 10 minutes and served as a great warming dinner with cheese, bread, mayonnaise, pickles, and other toppings. Alternatively, it can be served with grilled vegetables on the side or on lettuce wraps. You may use as much or as little barbeque sauce as you’d like to make this dish. This recipe may be used in a variety of ways. You may make it to your desire
- You can even serve it on whole wheat buns if you like. In addition to the stovetop, this meal may be prepared in the slow cooker or instant pot.
“I’m having two chicken sandwiches.” two shredded chicken sandwiches with lettuce, tomato, and cheese, as well as sweet potato fries on the side. ” data-image-caption=”” data-medium-file=” data-large-file=” src=”data:image/svg+xml, percent 3Csvg percent 20 alt=”” data-large-file=” src=”data:image/svg+xml, percent 3Csvg, percent 20s unlikely that you’ll ever want to use a grill or turn on the oven again after making these delectable sandwiches on the stovetop!
These are really tasty, cook in a short amount of time, and are excellent for feeding a crowd!
More Sandwich Recipe Ideas…
- The Perfect Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Salmon Burgers, Turkey Bacon Avocado Sandwich, Ham and Cheese Sliders, and more are all available.
Continue your search for delectable recipes and culinary lesson videos by visitingYouTube orFacebook. sandwich with chicken ” data-image-caption=”” data-medium-file=” data-large-file=”” data-lazy-src=”” data-image-caption=””
Shredded Chicken Sandwiches
- Recipes can be printed Recipe to be shared on Pinterest Course:Entree Cuisine:American Preparation time: 15 minutes Preparation time: 8 minutes Marination:1hour Time allotted: 1 hour and 23 minutes 6 servings
- 281 kcal per serving These buttermilk shredded chicken sandwiches are lightly seasoned and grilled to a beautiful medium rare internal temperature. These sandwiches are best served on toasted buns with mayonnaise and cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes for the ideal meal.
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 5 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley dried
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by combining the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and sugar in a mixing bowl and stirring until the sugar has completely dissolved
- Combine the mixture with the buttermilk, along with the salt, freshly ground black pepper, cayenne pepper powder, garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, and chopped garlic
- Mix thoroughly. Combine the chicken and buttermilk in a large mixing bowl. Make a marinade for the chicken in the refrigerator for at least one hour
- To cook the chicken strips, take them from the marinade and fry them in a skillet for three to four minutes on each side, or until they create a skin, before removing them from the pan. Using two forks, shred the chicken and whisk in the barbecue sauce of your choice until combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper to your liking. Serve on a toasted sandwich topped with cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, lettuce, and tomato, if using.
281 calories|26 grams of carbohydrate|23 grams of protein|9 grams of fat|4 grams of saturated fat|70 milligrams of cholesterol|767 milligrams of sodium|679 milligrams of potassium|1 gram of fiber|22 grams of sugar|545 International Units of Vitamin A|3 milligrams of Vitamin C|252 milligrams of calcium|1 milligram of iron
People, it’s football season in Szn. That includes spending quality time with family and friends, as well as taking advantage of the weekends. One of my favorite quick and easy dishes for any occasion when you’re feeding a large group is slow cooker pulled chicken sandwiches. Everything should be placed in the slow cooker and let to cook until you’re ready to serve the meal. They’re filling, cooked with a homemade sauce, and can even be served as a midweek meal. Not only is it simple to make these pulled chicken sandwiches, but you can also keep them warm in the slow cooker until you’re ready to serve them, which makes them even better.
Ingredients in slow cooker pulled chicken sandwiches
Using materials that you most likely already have in your cupboard and refrigerator, you can make these simple pulled chicken sandwiches in no time. What’s the best part? You just place the following ingredients in your slow cooker with your chicken and allow the slow cooker to perform its magic:
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs: I like to use chicken thighs rather than ordinary chicken breasts since they are more soft, less expensive, and more tasty. You can use any type of ketchup you choose. Ketchup with less sugar is my preference
- BBQ sauce: Once again, you may use whatever type of BBQ sauce that you want to make. Stubb’s Spicy BBQ sauce is my favorite since it has less sugar. Worcestershire sauce: a small amount of Worcestershire sauce lends an incredible savory taste to any dish. Apple cider vinegar: To give the sauce a little acidity, you’ll want to use apple cider vinegar. This is the type of product I use
- Acidic yellow mustard: the richness of the BBQ sauce is complemented wonderfully with some tangy yellow mustard
- Spices: we’re including cumin and cayenne pepper to give it a great kick. Buns for hamburgers: I like a whole grain, seedy hamburger bun, but feel free to use whatever brand you’d like (including gluten-free) if you prefer. Make sure to include my renowned homemade healthy coleslaw as a topping on the side! Additionally, a slice of cheese, red onion, fresh tomato, and crisp lettuce are all alternatives
- The possibilities are limitless.
How do you pull chicken?
Pulling chicken is considerably less difficult than it appears. All you have to do is complete the following steps:
- As soon as the chicken is finished cooking in your slow cooker (around 6-7 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high), remove each chicken thigh using a slotted spoon and lay it on a chopping board. To shred the chicken, use two forks to pry apart each thigh until the chicken is completely shredded. Return the freshly pulled chicken to your slow cooker and toss it into the sauce to allow it to soak up all of the delicious sauce taste. Done
How to store, freezereheat BBQ pulled chicken
To preserve leftover pulled chicken, just place it in an airtight bag or container and place it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days before using. To freeze the pulled chicken, let it to cool fully before transferring it to a freezer-safe bag or container (see note below). For up to three months after making it, it will keep well in the freezer. Allow the pulled chicken to defrost completely in the refrigerator before reheating or using it in its final form. In order to reheat the leftover pulled chicken, you can throw it in your crock pot and set it to “warm” to reheat it without having to touch it.
More ways to use this crockpot pulled chicken
- Combine it with these delectable zucchini boats. Serve it with a large salad, such as this one. a delicious, filled quinoa dish as a topping
- You may use it as a topping for your favorite home-made pizza.
What goes well with pulled chicken sandwiches?
My favorite healthy side dishes to serve with crock pot pulled chicken sandwiches are the wonderful cilantro cabbage slaw and the sweet and tangy carrots and cucumbers.
- Stuffed Mini Peppers with Jalapenos and Goat Cheese
- The Easiest Chopped Greek Chickpea Salad
- Spicy Maple Dijon Grilled Brussels Sprouts
- Cashew Crunch Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Avocado Tomato Chickpea Pasta Salad
- Street Corn Pasta Salad
- Sesame Garlic Grilled Sweet Potato Fries with Yogurt Curry Dip
- Cashew Crunch Shredded Brussels Sprouts
Slow cooker pulled chicken may be served in a variety of ways, including lettuce cups, on top of salad, or even in tacos. SO APPEALING. This pulled chicken sandwich dish is one that I am confident you will enjoy; please let me know if you make it by leaving a comment and rating the recipe below. Your feedback is much appreciated and will help to inspire others to try the dish as well. xo.
Incredible Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Time allotted: 3 hours and 10 minutes Pull-apart chicken sandwiches topped with a sweet and tart cabbage slaw are quick and easy to make.
BBQ’s, potlucks, or a nice evening meal are all made easier with this nutritious slow cooker pulled chicken sandwich recipe. Using the healthy BBQ pulled chicken on a sandwich, in lettuce wraps, on salads, and in other ways is a great idea.
- 1 12 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 12 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup low sugar bbq sauce (I use Stubb’s Spicy BBQ sauce)
- 14 cup water or chicken broth
- 12 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper Arugula, carrots, red cabbage, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup are the ingredients for the slaw. salt and pepper that have been freshly ground
- Provisions for serving: 4 whole grain or gluten free seeded hamburger buns
- Stir together the ketchup, bbq sauce, water, worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, yellow mustard, cumin, and cayenne pepper in the slow cooker until everything is well-combined. Place the chicken thighs on top of the sauce and turn them over so that the sauce coats the chicken thighs. Preparation time: Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or high for 3 hours. Once the chicken is done, shred it and return it to the slow cooker, along with the sauce, to heat through. Serve right away, or put the slow cooker on the warm setting and serve later, if you like. While the chicken is cooking, prepare the slaw as follows: In a medium-sized mixing basin, toss together the carrots, cabbage, cilantro, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, sesame oil, salt, and pepper until well combined. Set aside to marinate until you’re ready to serve the dish. To assemble, use a slotted spoon to transfer chicken to a bun, top with slaw, then finish with the remaining bun. If you like, you may top them with sliced cheese if you so choose. This recipe serves 4 people.
If you’re cooking for a large group, feel free to double, treble, or quadruple the recipe. Nutrition 4 servings (per recipe) 1 sandwich is considered a serving size (with whole grain bun) Calories:392kcalFat:13.9g 3.8 g of saturated fat Carbohydrates:35.7g Fiber:1.6g Sugar:13.1g Protein:28.4g Chef Monique Volz of Ambitious Kitchen created this recipe. Photographer: Eat Love EatsShop This Post contains affiliate links.
Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Sandwiches
Are you looking for the greatest slow cooker shredded chicken sandwich recipe? You’ve finally discovered it, congratulations! This simple slow cooker recipe cooks chicken till it’s juicy and tender while infusing it with the most delectable sauce possible. This chicken dish will quickly become a family favorite at dinnertime! Greetings, everyone! Welcome back, everyone! This week, Amanda from Old House to New Home is presenting a dish that you absolutely must have in your repertoire: the finest slow cooker shredded chicken sandwiches!
In addition, it is ideal for hectic weeknight evenings when you need food ready and waiting for you when you come home from work.
Make Juicy Shredded Chicken in the slow cooker
I originally cooked this dish for my daughter’s birthday party a few years ago, and she loved it. When I was looking for a shredded chicken recipe, I wanted something that was incredibly tasty, wouldn’t dry out, and could be used for chicken tacos. The other day, I came across a recipe for Cafe Rio Shredded Chicken that seemed to be getting a lot of attention. Cafe Rio chicken is something I’ve never heard of before, but the dish seemed good. After only one attempt, I was hooked on the recipe.
Today is the day to sign up for our weeklyIdeas in Your Inboxnewsletter, as well as other special gifts and offers – all completely free!
Other Ways To Use The Shredded Chicken
The possibilities for serving this chicken are virtually limitless, and it is not limited to sandwiches. It’s a staple in my chicken taco repertoire. Fill hard or soft shells with the mixture and top with your chosen toppings. Create excellent burrito bowls by layering the chicken on top of the rice, or make a sandwich by putting the chicken on a bread and cutting it in half. It is quite adaptable and will, without a doubt, taste delicious no matter how you prepare it.
How to Make Slow cooker shredded chicken Sandwiches
Dinner is made so much easier using the slow cooker, and this dish is no exception. You just place the chicken in the slow cooker and cover with the “secret” sauce. While this concoction may appear to be bizarre, I assure you that it is really delicious! See the recipe card below for the recipe card’s secret! If you’re preparing for a large group, this dish may easily be doubled. Perfect for potlucks and events, this dish is sure to please!
What you need:
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this dish. Every single dollar amount is listed on the printable card that can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Chicken, Zesty Italian Dressing, Chicken Broth, Chili Powder, Dry Ranch Dressing Packet, Garlic Powder, Buns (I prefer brioche or sweet hawaiian)
- Ingredients: Chicken, Zesty Italian Dressing, Chicken Broth, Chili Powder, Dry Ranch Dressing Packet, Garlic Powder, Ingredients: Buns (I prefer brioche or sweet hawaiian)
- Ingredients: Chicken
Slow cooker shredded chicken Recipe Tips:
It is difficult to overcook this chicken, but for the best results, simmer it for 6-8 hours on low for the finest results.
Once it is finished, turn on the keep warm setting and set aside for at least an hour to allow the chicken to absorb the sauce.
how to shred chicken
Gentlemen, if you aren’t shredding your chicken with a hand mixer, then you aren’t living your best life! Seriously, don’t ever, ever shred chicken with two forks again in your life! You can shred chicken in seconds if you place your mixer right into the slow cooker, turn on low speed, and carefully spin the mixer about.
Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Sandwiches
This recipe for slow cooker shredded chicken sandwiches is not only simple to make, but it is also quite tasty! Preparation time: 5 minutes Preparation time: 6 hours 6 hours and 5 minutes in total The Main Course is the first course in the sequence. Cuisine:American Slow Cooker is a keyword to remember. Sandwiches with Shredded Chicken Servings:8sandwiches Calories:174kcal
- Combine all of the ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until the meat can be easily shredded with a fork. See the guidelines above for the most effective approach to shred
- Make sure the shredded chicken has had time to soak up the sauce on the keep warm setting for at least 1 hour before serving.
174 kcal per sandwich|4 g carbohydrate|24 g protein|6 g fat|1 g saturated fat|1 g trans fat|Cholesterol: 73 mg|Sodium: 420 mg|Potassium: 463 mg|Fiber: 1 g sugar: 2 g vitamin A: 336 IU vitamin C: 1 mg calcium: 12 mg iron: 1 mg Serving Size: 1 sandwich|174 kcal per sandwich|4 g carbo
If you liked these Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Sandwiches, you’ll love these other chicken recipes that are quick and easy. BBQ Chicken Shredded in the Instant Pot It Will Melt In Your Mouth Chicken with Parmesan is a dish that is popular in Italy. Cooking using an air fryer Chicken with Pretzels and Everything You might also appreciate these simple meal ideas from Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® – Easy Dinner Ideas.
- Tacos with Shredded Beef
- Air Fryer Tacos
- Creamy Instant Pot Mexican Chicken
- Shredded Beef Tacos
Amanda Dorich is a writer who lives in New York City. Amanda is a blogger, a high school Spanish teacher, a mother, and a wife. She lives in Los Angeles. She enjoys transforming their 115-year-old house into a home and preparing delectable meals for her husband and children. The author of Old House to New Home, Amanda has been blogging for four years, sharing easy, family-friendly recipes with the world. Amanda has been a member of the Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® Creative Team since October of 2018.
Amanda may be found on social media sites such as Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
How to Make the Famous Ohio Shredded Chicken Sandwich
This post includes affiliate connections to Amazon. Because I am an Amazon Associate, I receive money when people make eligible purchases. To learn more about our disclosure policy, please visit our website. It’s no surprise that the Shredded Chicken Sandwich is one of Ohio’s most iconic sandwiches. This hot and creamy chicken sandwich is really simple to cook, takes just a handful of ingredients, and is both healthy and affordable. You’ll understand why this messy chicken sandwich is so popular after you’ve tried it.
Shredded Chicken Sandwich
Growing up in Ohio, it seemed like this creamy and delectable sandwich could be found at every occasion, whether it was a graduation, a church picnic, a carry-in meal, a family reunion, a baseball game, school functions, or even the fair. I believe that one of the reasons why this dish has become such a standard in Ohio households is that it is incredibly cost effective and can be prepared in 10 – 15 minutes if you use chicken that has already been cooked.
If you prefer classic recipes that are simple to prepare, I have a few more of my family’s favorites that you might like. MyCreamed Chicken on Biscuits, myDoritos Nacho Casserole, and mySalmon Patties are just a few examples.
Why Should You Make This Recipe
I believe you should absolutely try this recipe because it contains the following ingredients: Simple – You only need 5 or 6 ingredients for this recipe. The ingredients are inexpensive, and you probably already have most of them on hand in your cupboard. Hearty– this is one of those rib-sticking, hearty recipes that will warm your heart as much as your stomach.
What You’ll Need
There is a complete list of ingredients, as well as detailed instructions, included in the free printable recipe card provided below.
Ingredients List and Suggestions
Chicken breast– you may use leftover roasted chicken, rotisserie chicken, canned chicken, or prepare it from scratch using any of these ingredients. Typically, cream of chicken soup is used; however, some cooks use cream of mushroom soup instead. It is entirely up to you whatever option you choose. My family prefers to make chicken soup instead than purchasing canned soup. Instead of crackers, day-old bread crumbs, saltine crackers, or croutons can be substituted for the crackers. Any of these options will suffice.
The use of this ingredient also aids in thickening the sauce.
How to Make Hot Shredded Chicken Sandwiches
Step 1: Place your chicken in a medium-sized pan and shred it with two forks until it is no longer chunky. Alternatively, you can use your hands if you like. If you’re using leftover chicken, follow the same steps as above. Step 2: Stir in the other ingredients until well-combined. Step 3: Continue to heat until everything is well warmed through. Step 4: Scoop the mixture onto the buns. Step 5: Relax and enjoy yourself. Is it just in Ohio that you can get Shredded Chicken Sandwiches? Yes, it appears to be the case.
- I haven’t been able to locate them in any other sections of the state.
- This can be accomplished by including a thickening agent, such as Ritz crackers, saltine crackers, bread crumbs, or stuffing mix into the mixture.
- Yes, it is possible.
- Before you are ready to serve, combine the remaining ingredients in a large saucepan and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If you still think it’s too thick and dry, carefully add additional liquid until you reach your desired consistency.
- If you happen to be in Ohio, a handful of Ballreich Chips is the perfect side to have.
- Additionally, you would discover a bag or box of Ballreich in addition to these sandwiches.
Stuffed Chicken Breast with a Variety of Fillings Chipotle Crack White Chicken Chili (Ultimate Crack White Chicken Chili) Chicken Tenders Made From Scratch Chicken Breast with Asparagus Stuffing Sandwich with Creamy Cajun Chicken
Hot Shredded Chicken Sandwich
- It’s no surprise that the Shredded Chicken Sandwich is one of Ohio’s most iconic sandwiches. This hot and creamy chicken sandwich is really simple to cook, takes just a handful of ingredients, and is both healthy and affordable. You’ll understand why this messy chicken sandwich is so popular after you’ve tried it. Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 10 minutes Dinner, entrees, lunch, and sandwiches are all available. CuisineAmerican
- Canned chicken breast (212 ounces) Alternatively, 3 or 4 uncooked chicken breasts can be used if cooking in a slow cooker. 1/4 cup of stuffing mix flavoring with chicken
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Ritz crackers smashed on one sleeve
- 110 Cream of Chicken Soup (about 3/4 cup)
- Water or chicken broth are also acceptable options. This will vary depending on how thick you want the chicken to be cut.
- Add the canned chicken to a medium-sized pot and heat through. Shred the chicken with a fork or your fingers to make it more tender. After that, incorporate the other ingredients. Increase the heat to medium and continue to cook until all of the ingredients are fully cooked through. For those of you who wish to utilize your crock pot, the whole directions are included in the post.
Serving:4g Keyword Sandwiches with shredded chicken include the classic Ohio sandwich, Hot Shredded Chicken Sandwich, Shredded Chicken Sandwich filler, and Sloppy Chicken Sandwich. Rhonda aspires to be a gourmet, and she enjoys coffee and chocolate. She is also a genealogy nerd. If shopping were a sport, she’d be the first woman to break the world record in it. Her favorite way to unwind is to experiment with new foods in her kitchen. She also enjoys spending time with her family and getting away to the lake whenever she has the opportunity.
Ohio Shredded Chicken Sandwiches
We’ve all had chicken sandwiches before, but unless you’re from Ohio – or unless you happen to travel there frequently – you’ve probably never had them quite like this before. It’s important to understand that this isn’t just any chicken sandwich; it’s an Ohio Shredded Chicken Sandwich, and it’s about so much more than just the chicken! You may find it at both baseball games and potlucks, and while it’s inexpensive and simple to prepare, it’s the unique blend of ingredients that distinguishes it as a classic.
Certainly, shredded chicken is used in Ohio Chicken Sandwiches, but they also invariably feature either filling or crushed Ritz crackers, or a combination of the two.
Consider a chicken sloppy joe, but in a creamy, carb-heavy, chicken form.
Seasoned stuffing mix, buttery cracker crumbs, and flavorful chicken soup help to bulk out the luscious meat on this Thanksgiving dinner table.
BBQ Chicken Sandwich – Slow Cooker or Instant Pot – Slow Cooker or Instant Pot
If you want quick and easy dishes that make the whole family happy, you will adore this recipe for Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwiches. This recipe, which has a tangy sauce and a wonderfully crunchy slaw, is a hit with both kids and adults. At our family, this dish has saved supper on more occasions than I can remember. This recipe for Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwiches is one of those that I’ve cooked so many times that I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve made it. It is one of my go-to responses when the query “What’s for dinner?” arises in my mind.
Ingredients for Making Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- To prevent this from being soggy, toast the buns before putting the sauce on top of them. You can make this with just chicken breasts or just chicken thighs, but I really prefer it better with a combination of the two
- Use a sugar-free ketchup and swap out the honey for Swerve to make this a sugar-free dish. When it comes to this shredded chicken sandwich recipe with the slaw, I adore it, but if you are pressed for time, shredded romaine lettuce works just as well. Remove the Worcestershire sauce from the recipe and replace it with liquid smoke for a more smokey taste. Are you pressed for time? Instead of the ketchup/spice mix combo, use a bottle of barbecue sauce and a quarter cup of spicy mustard.
What Kind of Chicken Should I Use?
You may use whatever type of chicken you choose for this recipe.
Both boneless chicken breasts and boneless chicken thighs are excellent choices.
Tools Needed to Make Barbecue Chicken Sandwich
As an Amazon affiliate, I receive a commission on qualifying purchases.
Leftover chicken and slaw can be kept refrigerated for up to three to four days after preparation. Alternatively, you may freeze the chicken for up to three months and it will last longer.
How to Make This Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Sandwich Recipe
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the ketchup, spicy mustard, honey or syrup, water, apple cider vinegar, ancho chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, ground cumin, Worcestershire sauce, and sea salt until well combined and smooth. Using a whisk, mix all of the ingredients. Next, coat your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and arrange the chicken in the bottom. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours, depending on how thick the sauce is. The recipe for Instant Pot Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwiches can be found further down the page.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, celery, salt, pepper, and sugar until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the slaw and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve the burgers on toasted buns with the slaw on the side.
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
To begin, fill the bottom of your Instant Pot with 1 cup of water or broth and place the trivet on top. Place the chicken on top of the sauce and drizzle with the leftover sauce. DO NOT USE A STIRRING MOTOR. Making this meal in the Instant Pot is really simple, and it has quickly become my favorite technique. Pour 1 cup of water or broth (or whatever liquid your handbook recommends) into the bottom of the Instant Pot and then lay the trivet on top of the liquid in the pot. Locking the lid and increasing the temperature to high pressure are the next steps.
Take care to carefully remove the trivet from the pot and continue with the procedure as suggested.
Ways to Use Leftover Pulled Chicken
- If you have leftovers, they are fantastic in a quesadilla or on tostadas. If you double the recipe, you can eat BBQ Chicken Pizza for dinner the next night. BBQ Chicken Salad is a delicious lunch option. This is fantastic in lettuce wraps for a lighter supper
- It is also good in soups. Whenever I want a quick and easy supper, I load sweet potatoes with this chicken. Place the broccoli on top and sprinkle with cheddar cheese
You May Also Like
- TheseMeatballs without Breadcrumbsare a delicious and easy dish that the whole family will enjoy! The fact that they are gluten-free has gone completely unnoticed by my family. Chicken and rice cooked in the slow cooker takes only 15 minutes to prepare, making it an excellent choice for a hectic weekday. Cooking in the Crock Pot is a simple and delicious option for game day or any chilly evening! So simple to prepare, yet so delicious
If you enjoy this recipe, please remember to rate it 5 stars and let me know how it turned out in the comments section below; I enjoy hearing from you! Additionally, you may FOLLOW ME onFACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, and PINTERESTto view all of my delectable recipes.
Shredded Chicken BBQ Sandwich Recipe
BBQ Chicken Sandwiches made in the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker are a quick and easy supper that the whole family will appreciate. This dish will become a staple in your meal planning cycle since it has just the right amount of spice for the adults and not too much for the kids. Preparation time: 10 minutes Preparation time: 6 hours Time allotted: 6 hours and 10 minutes The Main Course is the first course in the sequence. Cuisine:American Keyword:spicy There are 12 servings and 379 calories in this recipe.
- A cup of ketchup
- A quarter cup of spicy mustard
- A teaspoon of honey or maple syrup
- A quarter cup of water
- Two teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- One teaspoon ancho chile powder
- One teaspoon smoked paprika
- Two teaspoons garlic powder
- Two teaspoon onion powder
- One teaspoon ground cumin
- Two teaspoons Worcestershire sauce gluten free
- Twelve gluten free sandwich buns
- 32 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
- One teaspoon sea salt
- 8 cups shredded green and red cabbage
- 12 cup grated sweet onion
- 2 carrots peeled and shredded
- 13 cup plain Greek yogurtor mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- Sea salt, pepper, and sweetener to taste
- Pour all of the ingredients into a medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk well
- Set aside. In a separate medium-sized mixing bowl whisk together the ketchup, the mustard, the honey (or syrup), the apple cider vinegar, the ancho chile powder, the smoked paprika, the garlic and onion powders, the ground cumin and the Worcestershire sauce
- Set aside.
Slow Cooker Instructions
- Spray the bottom of your slow cooker with olive oil and set the chicken on top. Finish with a drizzle of sauce. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours, or until vegetables are tender. Serve on toasted buns, with pickles and spicy sauce on the side if preferred
Instant Pot Instructions
- To begin, fill the bottom of your Instant Pot with 1 cup of water or broth and place the trivet on top. Place the chicken on top of the sauce and drizzle with the leftover sauce. REMOVE THE STIRRING
- As you close the Instant Pot’s cover, be sure the valve is completely closed. Set the timer for 10 minutes at high pressure. Allow 10 minutes for the pressure to naturally dissipate, and then do a rapid release of the pressure
- To make the slaw, combine the green cabbage, red cabbage, onion, and carrots in a large mixing bowl
- Toss to combine. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, celery, salt, pepper, and stevia until well combined. Pour the dressing over the slaw and mix until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Allow the chicken to cool for a few minutes before shredding it with forks. Serve on toasted buns, with pickles and spicy sauce on the side if preferred
- In order to make this sugar-free, use a sugar-free ketchup and replace the honey with Swerve. This shredded chicken sandwich dish with the slaw is one of my favorites, but if you are short on time, shredded romaine lettuce works just as well as shredded chicken. Remove the Worcestershire sauce and replace it with liquid smoke to give the dish a more smokey taste. Are you pressed for time? As an alternative to the ketchup/spice mix combo, use gluten-free BBQ sauce and 14 cup spicy mustard instead.
calorie count 379kcal|carbohydrate count 45g|protein count 22g|fat count 12g|saturated fat count 2g|cholesterol count 62mg|sodium count 904mg|potassium count 551mg|fiber count 3g|sugar count 11 g|vitamin A 2680IU|vitamin C 27.6 mg|calcium count 109mg|iron count 3.3mg
Other Chicken Sandwich Recipes to Try:
- These Fried Chicken Sandwiches appear to be extremely delicious! You could simply make this gluten-free by using gluten-free flour and buns. Cooking time for these Monterey Chicken Sandwiches from Creme de la Crumb is only 20 minutes, making them the perfect weekday supper.
Hello, my name is Wendy. Among other things, I’m a chef, author, blogger, and natural health enthusiast.and, most importantly, a mother. My sons are 1011 and my late-life princess is three years old, respectively. Our family has been location independent since 2008, thanks to our strong belief in lifestyle design. Come along with me as I share our culinary and outdoor exploits with you.