White roll used as a hot dog bun; nutritional information and analysis based on 1 hot dog bun (45 g)
|Phosphorus, P||45.45 mg||4 %|
|Potassium, K||54.90 mg||1 %|
|Selenium, Se||12.24 mcg||22 %|
What vitamins are in a hot dog bun?
On the other hand, there are traces of vitamins and minerals including vitamin A, IU, vitamin C, calcium, and iron. These may be found in the product. The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) reports that a single 47-gram serving of hot dog buns includes 170 milligrams of salt, 4 grams of protein, 20 grams of carbs (representing 7 percent of your RDV), and 100 calories.
How many calories in a hot dog without the bun?
- When served without the bread, a hot dog that is comprised of beef and pork weighs the same amount (57 grams) and contains the same number of calories (162 calories).
- This has 562 milligrams of salt, 3 grams of carbohydrates, 14 grams of fat, and roughly 6 grams of protein.
- You may also obtain hot dogs that are made entirely of beef, which is a choice that some individuals make owing to dietary constraints or just because it is their favorite.
Do hot dogs with buns have more sodium?
- Your hot dog may have an additional 180 to 200 milligrams of salt as a result of the bun.
- According to information provided by the USDA, consuming either white or whole wheat buns will not significantly alter the amount of calories that are consumed.
- This is due to the fact that each bun will add around 100 more calories to your hot dog.
- Consuming buns made from whole wheat will, however, result in an increase in fiber intake.
How much vitamin C is in a hot dog?
The most common interpretation of the phrase ″hot dogs″ refers to a single Frankfurter or hot dog served on a bun with catsup and/or mustard, each of which contains around 1.3 milligrams of vitamin C. The following table presents the levels of vitamin D, vitamin C, vitamin A, calcium, and iron that are present in various varieties and sizes of hot dogs, broken down by serving size.
Do hotdogs have vitamin K?
In addition, a beef hot dog that is 1.5 ounces in size delivers more than ten percent of the daily value for minerals such as phosphorus, zinc, and selenium. Compounds of Potential Concern
|Nutrient||Amount||% of Daily Target or Limit|
|Vitamin E||0 mg AT||1% target|
|Vitamin K||1 μg||1% target|
|Folate||5 μg DFE||1% target|
|Thiamin||0.0 mg||1% target|
What nutrients are in hot dog bun?
- Hot Dog Bun hot dog bun (52g)
- 18 calories come from fat
- 145 total calories
- 3 percent Total Fat 2g
- 2 percent of calories from saturated fat, 0.5 grams
- Zero percent cholesterol
- Zero milligrams
- 11 percent Sodium 260mg
- 2 percent Potassium 66mg
- 9 percent Total Carbohydrates 26g
Is there vitamin K in hamburger?
According to the results of a bioassay conducted on rats, the vitamin K content of ground beef that has been cooked is about comparable to 0.07 micrograms of phylloquinone per gram of tissue. Through the process of molecular distillation, about one-half of this activity was extracted from beef fat.
Does pork sausage have vitamin K?
The total quantity of vitamin K2 that is found in sausage is anywhere from three to five times greater than the minimal amount of vitamin K that is suggested to be consumed through a diet. When compared to pork chops and pork tenderloin, the vitamin K2 level of St. Louis-style spareribs is almost twice as high as that of those other fresh pork pieces. 4.
Can I eat bacon while on warfarin?
The Three C’s: Meat, Poultry, and Fish When taking Coumadin, you are allowed to consume the following types of meat: chicken, turkey, duck, beef, steak, veal, ham, and pig. However, beef and chicken livers, which are both high in vitamin K, are not permitted. When it’s at all feasible, steer clear of foods that are heavy in fat, such bacon, sausage, and bologna.
What meats are low in vitamin K?
- The vast majority of alternatives for meat, poultry, and shellfish are deficient or nonexistent in vitamin K.
- With the exception of certain varieties of ham, which may contain minute levels of vitamin K, pork does not contain any vitamin K.
- A 3-ounce serving of beef round that has had all of the fat removed is vitamin K-free.
- Beef tripe, kidneys, heart, and brains are also vitamin K-free cuts of beef.
Are hot dogs without bun healthy?
- It is possible to consume a hot dog without the bread and with a restricted amount of toppings.
- Be aware, though, that hot dogs often include a lot of salt and saturated fats in their ingredients.
- If you are concerned about your cholesterol levels, the American Heart Association suggests that you reduce the amount of processed meats, such as bacon, hot dogs, and salami, that you consume on a regular basis.
Is hotdog good for the body?
This need to be avoided at all costs. According to the findings of the World Health Organization (WHO), processed beef is a ″carcinogenic to humans″ food product that has a significant role in the development of colorectal cancer. Consuming only 50 grams each day, which is equivalent to around one hot dog, raises the risk of colon cancer by 18 percent.
What is the content of hot dog?
|A typical hot dog with added mustard as a condiment|
|Alternative names||Frankfurter, Frank, Wiener, Weenie, Tube Steak, Sausage, Banger, Coney|
|Main ingredients||Sausage made from pork, beef, chicken, turkey or combinations thereof and a bun|
|Ingredients generally used||Ketchup Mustard Bacon Chopped vegetables|
What meats are high in vitamin K?
- Keep in mind that there has been little study conducted on the vitamin K2 concentration in animal diets ( 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ). A serving of bacon provides 25 percent of the daily value
- 7 percent of the daily value (DV) is contained in each serving of ground beef
- Each serving of pork liver provides 6 percent of the daily value
- Breast of duck contains 4% of the daily value in a single serving.
- Kidneys from beef provide 4 percent of the daily value in one meal
How much K is in a hamburger?
- On a Simplified Scale, the Amount of Potassium Found in Beef When compared to the potassium content of ground beef, bottom round beef has a concentration of 225 milligrams per one hundred grams of meat, while ground beef has 459 milligrams per one hundred grams of meat (95 percent lean meat).
- The least quantity of potassium is found in fat, with just 99 milligrams of potassium present for every 100 grams of fat.
What can I eat for breakfast on warfarin?
Because oatmeal is such a common breakfast food, it’s not surprising that people want to know if it’s safe for them to consume while they’re on warfarin. The correct response is ″yes″ Because one dish of oatmeal only includes 3 micrograms of vitamin K, eating it is a safe option for patients who are trying to avoid food interactions.
Can you eat pork while on warfarin?
Pork is wonderful for your health. These pork recipes are tasty and safe for those taking Coumadin since they are lean, light, and full of flavor (warfarin). Enjoy!
Does meat affect warfarin?
Other meals that could have an effect on warfarin include beef liver and other items made from animal liver. Extremely high in the vitamin K content (more than 800 mcg per serving)
|Kale (frozen, cooked, boiled)||1 cup|
|Spinach (frozen, cooked, boiled)||1 cup|
|Collards (frozen, cooked, boiled)||1 cup|
|Turnip greens (frozen, cooked, boiled)||1 cup|
Can you eat red meat while on warfarin?
- Indeed, beef is beneficial to your health.
- Coumadin users may savor these wholesome dishes for beef, lamb, and venison that are safe to eat while taking the medication (warfarin).
- Main dish recipes from Dr.
- Gourmet include less than roughly 30 micrograms of Vitamin K per serving, allowing you to simply manage your diet to maintain a consistent level of Vitamin K consumption and an appropriate INR.